PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE not having a timer on elite maps / Arena!

Dalmony
11-26-2014, 06:47 PM
This is such a huge improvement to the game in so many ways, no only because I can rejoin a party after I disconnect, but also it eases the pressure of the runs making them feel more relaxed. Furthermore, I can just land in an elite map and start to kill alone or with just one other person rather than having to wait ten minutes for 4 people to join before we start the timer. We can also ask guildies to join and help finish if other members of a PUG abandon the run or disconnect and never return.

I've had way more success with PUG since this no-timer started.

Is there any way this can be an option even after the disconnection issue has improved.. possibly by adding an extra button to the bottom right hand corner of the world map - there would now be

ELITE -> works as that button is currently working ie gives access to non timed elite content.
PVP -> works as it does now
TIMED RUN -> players wanting to specifically play timed runs, for lb or just because they want to challenge their premade party, access the elite timed maps.

Currently loving the elite atmosphere ^_^

CheifR
11-26-2014, 07:42 PM
This is such a huge improvement to the game in so many ways, no only because I can rejoin a party after I disconnect, but also it eases the pressure of the runs making them feel more relaxed. Furthermore, I can just land in an elite map and start to kill alone or with just one other person rather than having to wait ten minutes for 4 people to join before we start the timer. We can also ask guildies to join and help finish if other members of a PUG abandon the run or disconnect and never return.

I've had way more success with PUG since this no-timer started.

Is there any way this can be an option even after the disconnection issue has improved.. possibly by adding an extra button to the bottom right hand corner of the world map - there would now be

ELITE -> works as that button is currently working ie gives access to non timed elite content.
PVP -> works as it does now
TIMED RUN -> players wanting to specifically play timed runs, for lb or just because they want to challenge their premade party, access the elite timed maps.

Currently loving the elite atmosphere ^_^
I completely agree and hope sts considers it

Energizeric
11-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Agreed. I suggested this a long time ago. Let it be an option where you can have a timed run or not.

Madnex
11-26-2014, 08:28 PM
We really need this. It's a huge improvement, even if the disconnection issues have settled down.

Firezmz
11-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Yes this is a good idea. Totally agree

twoxc
11-26-2014, 08:33 PM
This I totally agree. Elite seem more relaxing and fun lol. party everywhere like we just don't care WOOT WOOT. Bring it on.

mlb2005
11-26-2014, 08:44 PM
I would vote for this as well. That way when someone has to bail we can replace them and finish the map.

Azemen
11-26-2014, 08:56 PM
I think everyone forgot about this statement, including the Devs themselves:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?152818-Regarding-Elite-Dungeons

Serancha
11-26-2014, 09:02 PM
I think everyone forgot about this statement, including the Devs themselves:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?152818-Regarding-Elite-Dungeons

I was just going to pull that up too.

UnderAgeKids
11-26-2014, 09:40 PM
+1 Dalmony

Starkinea
11-27-2014, 02:32 AM
I LOVE the idea! No timer runs are less stresful :) +100 on this one

Dex Scene
11-27-2014, 02:44 AM
Agree!!! I love it!! Join when dc. Oh i forgot lepre brb and join back. Oh you dont have luck elix? Ok brb i get you some and join back. ONLY IF NORDR ELITE had disabled timers too!!!

aarrgggggg
11-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Yes i would love to have a choice, either timed or untimed runs.

I am loving the fact that if someone dcs they can rejoin or we can replace them so that we can actually finish our run.

I have been battling dc issues either me or a party member in elite for far too long. (since the day i started)

Dc issues are not a new problem they have been here all along since the day i started al.

Untimed elite runs just feels so right.

Dalmony
11-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Timer only really serves a purpose for the leaderboard.... I had little doubt that loads of other people would be on board with having the choice :)

And oh yeh I totally forgot the plan to overhaul elites that never really happened.... lets necro that thread XD

Allocate
11-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Totally Agree!

But the funny thing is, THIS SHOULD BE NORMAL! and should have been implemented from the very beginning.

Of course, we all know how STS thinks..... such a clever bunch :/

falmear
11-27-2014, 10:49 PM
1.5 years since this was suggested. See this thread and the links in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114801-Suggestion-for-Elite-Maps-Optional-Timed-Runs

Dalmony
11-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Yep I just sifted through months and months worth of back pages of forum posts looking for ideas which I could gel together and present as my own. It took me hours c'mon :P

Yeah no I didn't -.- It's been suggested in the past, well that's awesome! Right now its an aspect of the game which has been modified through circumstance, which I am really enjoying, and I'm expressing my enthusiasm that this become a permanent part of the game.

No harm in many minds having the same idea is there :)

Newcomx
11-28-2014, 02:52 AM
I run elite rooks nest today, still timed, but elite wilds don't have timer... Maybe only elite tindirin... cmiiw.

Dex Scene
11-28-2014, 03:31 AM
I run elite rooks nest today, still timed, but elite wilds don't have timer... Maybe only elite tindirin... cmiiw.
Only elite trindin and new planner tombs don't have timers!

Candylicks
11-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Yes we all wanted this before and it was never implemented. I also love the non-timed runs. I'm not sure it will be left this way, but the ability to join and begin runs or let someone go buy pots in middle of run is great.