PDA

View Full Version : Are bears op or underpowered?

Meggadon
11-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Post your ideas on what you think about how to improve/nerf endgame bears!

Trenton
11-26-2014, 11:08 PM
I think bears should have another dodge buff or more health, they just die from root blast lol

Booked
11-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Hmm.. op :)

Giazagilur
11-27-2014, 12:45 AM
Oh pee

Meggadon
11-27-2014, 01:24 AM
Why is it op?

Meggadon
11-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Anyone have any ideas about how to change the bears skills? Example: Cool down, range, replacement skill, etc.

Booked
11-27-2014, 02:34 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160059-Endgame-PvP-Restoration&p=1687814#post1687814

Boiled_35
11-27-2014, 03:06 AM
Yes. They are.

Rescind
11-27-2014, 03:36 AM
Omg bears are so underpowered. Please give high heals to bears like rhino and mage

Ubernewber
11-27-2014, 05:17 AM
Omg bears are so underpowered. Please give high heals to bears like rhino and mage

Don't put that thought into sts's head pls...

Waug
11-27-2014, 08:26 AM
oh boy,
bears r too underpowered along with pallies, they HV full right to say luck, op blind, op root, DAT range, 1pc etc after getting killed, they need skill improvement, at least someone else said in this thread at least 200 heal, they die too fast so, 150 more armor, 100 more hit %, and ofc please stg, DAT dodge is non appropriate, at least bears/pallies must have 100+ dodge even after getting double rooted in order to compete em with other classes..

XghostzX
11-27-2014, 09:32 AM
???

Endgame bears are way too OP lmao

Trenton
11-27-2014, 09:45 AM
???

Endgame bears are way too OP lmao
Ghostypoo where have you been

Clearly u have no skill if you're killed by a savage bear LOL

Rodder
11-27-2014, 10:46 AM
I believe bears are underpowered, they should only remove 3piece rings from birds and mages. That way bears can have a chance against op dex birds and int mages. Like when I fight a mage they kill me in 30shots and it takes me like 10to kill him but since I'm in family I don't know my range, so I really suck, but thank the lord for 9beakon and 9stomp or else I wouldn't have a single kill in PvP. My guild reccomended savage set for me, and silly me so gullible tried it, since I thought, oh it must be good all of my guildmates use it, but it sucks:(

Somemager
11-27-2014, 10:56 AM
I believe bears are underpowered, they should only remove 3piece rings from birds and mages. That way bears can have a chance against op dex birds and int mages. Like when I fight a mage they kill me in 30shots and it takes me like 10to kill him but since I'm in family I don't know my range, so I really suck, but thank the lord for 9beakon and 9stomp or else I wouldn't have a single kill in PvP. My guild reccomended savage set for me, and silly me so gullible tried it, since I thought, oh it must be good all of my guildmates use it, but it sucks:(

stopped reading after "remove rings" please stop influencing everyone into thinking this way. taking those rings away is like saying "i know you spent hours to days grinding and spent tons of plat but lazy people are complaining about the rings so were gonna have to cut you off" smh..

Rodder
11-27-2014, 11:15 AM
stopped reading after "remove rings" please stop influencing everyone into thinking this way. taking those rings away is like saying "i know you spent hours to days grinding and spent tons of plat but lazy people are complaining about the rings so were gonna have to cut you off" smh..

It's called sarcasm, I have 3piece ring I was just playing the game everyone else was.

Also if you don't understand sarcasm on the forums, if someone says bears are uderpowered, 90%of the time it's sarcasm.

Rescind
11-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Remove Taunt Dodge Buff and it will be alright.

HAO tu agro mobs in pve den

Trenton
11-27-2014, 12:30 PM
It's called sarcasm, I have 3piece ring I was just playing the game everyone else was.

Also if you don't understand sarcasm on the forums, if someone says bears are uderpowered, 90%of the time it's sarcasm.
100%*

If someone actaully thinks bears are up, they should quit the game

Rodder
11-27-2014, 12:32 PM
100%*

If someone actaully thinks bears are up, they should quit the game

Yea, I put 90% because once in a while there are some clueless players

programmed
11-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Remove DODGE BUFF of Taunt
I didnt say remove Taunt

Well then that removes some of a bears pve survivability. If a bear taunts and then has all those enemies attacking him but has 20 less dodge because the buff was removed he is going to have more difficulty handling so many attacks and won't be able to take as much damage.

Impact
11-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Kk bear is the most underpowered class in the game, mostly at levels 45+ with a ranged weapon, little damage. They have NO dodge whatsoever and are sooooooo squishy, you need a lot of skill in order to be a good bear.

Trenton
11-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Well then that removes some of a bears pve survivability. If a bear taunts and then has all those enemies attacking him but has 20 less dodge because the buff was removed he is going to have more difficulty handling so many attacks and won't be able to take as much damage.
Lol taunt never actually works at endgame properly, every enemy attacks everyone. Why can't a bird have +40 dodge to survive in PvE?

Rescind
11-27-2014, 09:10 PM

Honestly str gear + evade+ iron blood gives enough dodge and armor to tank. Personally I forget to spam taunt every time it's not on cool down and I haven't died. I do agro with taunt but I don't necessarily use it as a dodge buff

AppleNoob
11-28-2014, 12:11 AM
Is bear underpowered or overpowered? The answer is that it actually depends on the level.
I find that from 15-35 mages are the op class, now they aren't used as much as bears in some levels but they are still better. 36-76 is when bears slowly become more and more op until you reach 76 where they dodge dodge dodge and dodge.

Itoopeo
11-28-2014, 01:16 AM
Ghostypoo where have you been

Clearly u have no skill if you're killed by a savage bear LOL

Does lust bear count? They have only 50 base dodge

XghostzX
11-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Well the OP of the thread was talking about endgame, and they are surely OP.

Itoopeo
11-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Well the OP of the thread was talking about endgame, and they are surely OP.

No, bears are underpowered. They need some damage buff and every slash should reduce targets armor by 25

Trenton
11-28-2014, 05:47 PM
No, bears are underpowered. They need some damage buff and every slash should reduce targets armor by 25
We've announced it was a joke, time to stop

iRandom
11-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Bears need improvements! +100000000000 in every stat is just not good enuff.and str weps should have 12m range AT LEAST. i cant hit a mage that dodges my skillz so i need 12m auto. and evry time a bird dodges my taunt i die. plz have rage increase hit and dodge percentage too. evade should increase hit damage and more dodge. hs cooldown should be 3 secs and stackable. cb should have 12m range along wiht every bear skill. bears should automatically receive a 8pc ring bc they so underpowered. by doing this 77 bears could actually beat a l1 rhino

Marika1
11-30-2014, 02:47 AM
Biggest problems of the bear is the high damage output it can give. Beckon stomp damage, ability to stack taunt twice, ability to press two slashes at once (this should be removed from all characters including birds and mages), combined with dodge, low cooldown of hellscream, high armor and the dreaded 'i can stick u on wall or tree' bug, creates a lot of issues. Also, the bears have the ability to get away, or run if u put it, in almost all situation just by simply stomping. I wouldn't say they are op, just the best class imo.

Meggadon
11-30-2014, 03:41 AM
What a good thing to do with bears is increase cool down with beckon and change the stomp skills range to 12m. I find it unfair how birds have repulse and mages have fire at 12m. If they made beckon say, a 15 second cool down, it will stop beckon stompers and bears will think twice about when to use beckon when they really need it. And what's totally unfair is going pure. Pure Birds Increase damage, hit% and dps. Pure Mages increase skill dmg and crit. Pure bears receive an extra 1-2 dodge, extra 5 armor and almost -40 hit and -30 damage. The damage part I can understand, but -40 hit for just 2 dodge and 5 armor, that is completely outrageous and unfair.

Burstnuke
11-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Is bear underpowered or overpowered? The answer is that it actually depends on the level.
I find that from 15-35 mages are the op class, now they aren't used as much as bears in some levels but they are still better. 36-76 is when bears slowly become more and more op until you reach 76 where they dodge dodge dodge and dodge.

15-35 mages op? Where have you been nowadays. Bears and mages compete down there. Birds are just the least capable of killing down there.

AppleNoob
12-01-2014, 08:42 PM
15-35 mages op? Where have you been nowadays. Bears and mages compete down there. Birds are just the least capable of killing down there.

I've been in 17-35, where have you been??
Just because the class isn't used as much does not mean it's less op. I find that 15-35 mages win every fight with some skill and gear unless the bear is using 6 beck and stomp.

nun
12-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Bears r obvsly UP! dey need mage heal skeill or moar dodge 2 be balanced.

sts pls lissten! bears need dey mage heal skeill!!

iRandom
12-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Biggest problems of the bear is the high damage output it can give. Beckon stomp damage, ability to stack taunt twice, ability to press two slashes at once (this should be removed from all characters including birds and mages), combined with dodge, low cooldown of hellscream, high armor and the dreaded 'i can stick u on wall or tree' bug, creates a lot of issues. Also, the bears have the ability to get away, or run if u put it, in almost all situation just by simply stomping. I wouldn't say they are op, just the best class imo.
There is no Bes class doe. Bears need improvements like having the rhino healing skill with only 2 sec cool down, a 16m jump, ms, and bird roots. Bears could finally win. In addition, bear slashes need to debuff like -70 crit or unhealable stun for 10seconds. Otherwise, foxes Byrd maige rhino and crocodiles best bears

Irishcow
12-02-2014, 05:28 PM

LOL! Why would you give heals to bears. Bears are tanks not supports.

Trenton
12-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Why would you give mages a savage set

Meggadon
12-02-2014, 06:05 PM

You seem edumakated, teach me!

iRandom
12-02-2014, 09:02 PM
You seem edumakated, teach me!

Ok. youll learn everything u need to know
V VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VV

bearuang
12-03-2014, 08:27 AM
nope pally is the overpowered class, something with a heal like a support class and based in INT but equiping STR sets and using DEX stats and its could tank more than real tank class and got a good chance against every class. can another class be that good without using their own based stat like bird (Dex) using int weapon and str stats? Bear(str) using dex weapon and int stat? and also if bear really that op why lag, joepally,floridalife, skyofsummer, blitz,fearonasking name more popular than all those anyonymous beckon stomper u alwys said. i think they should NERF STR set dodge base but ADD dodge buff in taunt and evade so there are no godly mode class anymore and maybe add free from like negative effct in resote.

Waug
12-03-2014, 11:19 AM
I think this is the time we all should admit a truth and I.e pallies/bears/str are not op at all rather a bit underpowered at least sts know this truth and they also know if they nerf str sets/buff non str sets, 90% of the endgame community is gonna rage hard, but that also reveal a good side of it, instead of being underpowered side, 90% of the community choose to stick on it.

Meggadon
12-03-2014, 11:24 AM
nope pally is the overpowered class, something with a heal like a support class and based in INT but equiping STR sets and using DEX stats and its could tank more than real tank class and got a good chance against every class. Even bear have a damage buff, bear dont have something to clear u from debuff like 4 other class (CMIIW). can another class be that good without using their own based stat like bird (Dex) using int weapon and str stats? Bear(str) using dex weapon and int stat? and also if bear really that op why lag, joepally,floridalife, skyofsummer, blitz,fearonasking name more popular than all those anyonymous beckon stomper u alwys said. i think they should NERF STR set dodge base but ADD dodge buff in taunt and evade so there are no godly mode class anymore and maybe add free from like negative effct in resote.

This idea I like. Str was meant to tank, and bears were meant to tank. If you reduced dodge for savage and lust set and increased dodge for bears, there won't be much pallys, warbirds. This will have a big impact!

Rescind
12-03-2014, 12:13 PM
nope pally is the overpowered class, something with a heal like a support class and based in INT but equiping STR sets and using DEX stats and its could tank more than real tank class and got a good chance against every class. Even bear have a damage buff, bear dont have something to clear u from debuff like 4 other class (CMIIW). can another class be that good without using their own based stat like bird (Dex) using int weapon and str stats? Bear(str) using dex weapon and int stat? and also if bear really that op why lag, joepally,floridalife, skyofsummer, blitz,fearonasking name more popular than all those anyonymous beckon stomper u alwys said. i think they should NERF STR set dodge base but ADD dodge buff in taunt and evade so there are no godly mode class anymore and maybe add free from like negative effct in resote.
Since when did fox and bird have a skill that clears a debuff? Birds have avian to get out of STUNS. Foxes have EVASION for ONE chance to get out of a stun. Bears have STOMP to get out of roots/ice

iRandom
12-03-2014, 12:15 PM
woawoa. I said KEEP CALM.

bearuang
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Since when did fox and bird have a skill that clears a debuff? Birds have avian to get out of STUNS. Foxes have EVASION for ONE chance to get out of a stun. Bears have STOMP to get out of roots/ice

thanks for corrections, added cmiiw before too :p. edited

iRandom
12-03-2014, 05:00 PM
nope pally is the overpowered class, something with a heal like a support class and based in INT but equiping STR sets and using DEX stats and its could tank more than real tank class and got a good chance against every class. can another class be that good without using their own based stat like bird (Dex) using int weapon and str stats? Bear(str) using dex weapon and int stat? and also if bear really that op why lag, joepally,floridalife, skyofsummer, blitz,fearonasking name more popular than all those anyonymous beckon stomper u alwys said. i think they should NERF STR set dodge base but ADD dodge buff in taunt and evade so there are no godly mode class anymore and maybe add free from like negative effct in resote.

Only rhinos and palsy can free from debuff unless rebuff is like CRQUSHING BLOW which can't be healed .
Add more dodge to bears? It is SO like a person to favor the class they play over others. Unlike bears foxes have one chance to free themselves from stuns EVERY 15 SECONDS. RHINOS HAVE 4 ACTUAL ATTAKING SKILLS! Bears can debuff 70+ DAMAGE AND 22+ dodge! Cause hit percent to drop from 100 to 40! 3(or4) attacks that stun! 2 dodge buffs, an armor buff, and a damage buff. (Ok rhino has more buffs) bears r meant to tank not unleash 400+ damage ( with 9 rage and a elite bow? Beckon stomp SMS is basically gf! In this case bf) nerfing ENDGAME STR SET DODGE IS A GREAT IDEA. BUT THEN BEARS WILL MOST LIKELY USE A DEX FOR MORE DAMAGE AND HIT! I've already seen (besides opest) swift bow bears ezily take down str bears! I think dolloway's idea to fix the GNo2013 should be implemented in the game!

bearuang
12-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Only rhinos and palsy can free from debuff unless rebuff is like CRQUSHING BLOW which can't be healed .
Add more dodge to bears? It is SO like a person to favor the class they play over others. Unlike bears foxes have one chance to free themselves from stuns EVERY 15 SECONDS. RHINOS HAVE 4 ACTUAL ATTAKING SKILLS! Bears can debuff 70+ DAMAGE AND 22+ dodge! Cause hit percent to drop from 100 to 40! 3(or4) attacks that stun! 2 dodge buffs, an armor buff, and a damage buff. (Ok rhino has more buffs) bears r meant to tank not unleash 400+ damage ( with 9 rage and a elite bow? Beckon stomp SMS is basically gf! In this case bf) nerfing ENDGAME STR SET DODGE IS A GREAT IDEA. BUT THEN BEARS WILL MOST LIKELY USE A DEX FOR MORE DAMAGE AND HIT! I've already seen (besides opest) swift bow bears ezily take down str bears! I think dolloway's idea to fix the GNo2013 should be implemented in the game!
But nerfing the base dodge give mage more chance to hit too cause when they ran out of buff and debuff bear dodge and hit, it can push their dodge stats to bottom. Swift bear bow its powerfu against str bear but we can still beat it if u nuke faster and bring them to the wall even wirh savage bear also since lustrous introduced dagger bear can beat it also its pretty squishy against int mage, so do pally can ice fire it to the spawn

iRandom
12-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I have edited it before u replied and there was an description in reasom for editing, pls read carefully

read the whole of my post pls

Marika1
12-07-2014, 07:24 PM

All the pallies you named here have the 3pc ring. Maybe u seen them beat savage no ring bears or something and thought to yourself pally is op. Can you name any good pallies that do not have 3pc ring? Because ive seen savage no ring bears destroy lust 3pc pallies in pvp. Is the pally still op? FYI since i started pvp, i have never seen a savage no ring pally beat a savage no ring bear FT10. Ever. Do you know of any?

bearuang
12-07-2014, 10:59 PM
All the pallies you named here have the 3pc ring. Maybe u seen them beat savage no ring bears or something and thought to yourself pally is op. Can you name any good pallies that do not have 3pc ring? Because ive seen savage no ring bears destroy lust 3pc pallies in pvp. Is the pally still op? FYI since i started pvp, i have never seen a savage no ring pally beat a savage no ring bear FT10. Ever. Do you know of any?

omg maybe bear that u saw was me :p
jk lust 3pc its immortal
yea still for a character with sporadic power allocation (base int str wep dex stat)
yes its normal savage no ring pally beat savage no ring bear

Marika1
12-08-2014, 05:29 AM
yes its normal savage no ring pally gets butt kicked by savage no ring bear

There u go fyp. 99 percent of savage pallies are food for my 75 bear. And i am not even that good.

bearuang
12-08-2014, 06:26 AM
There u go fyp. 99 percent of savage pallies are food for my 75 bear. And i am not even that good.
yea i admit that no ring savage bear like have more advantages when vs no ring savage pally but that i meant its from point of view where they can even that good without using their own base stat and using another wep and another stat, combination of 3 element

Rodder
12-08-2014, 07:56 AM

You never seen it cause they mostly all suck, which is why they are str cause if they went int they'd be even worse.

Marika1
12-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Rodder, its very hard to kite bear, especially with savage. Its very hard to escape that first beckon. Which is why dex bears can be even more powerful than normal str bears. And if u try to stay close to a bear, i mean it might work against str bears sometimes, (more fail than work from what i have seen), but against dex bears...forget about it. At 77, that dagger set placed on bears is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. Even the range of the dagger is dumb. It has more like 10m range. And 76 swift bears beckon stomp gf savage pally easily. Sometimes even lust. Even if somehow first beckon is dodged, chances are in favor of the bear. And with 3pc ring, dex bears start to win fights against experienced players from other classes in their first hour of pvp.

Ignitedmage
01-25-2015, 07:24 AM
That's what you are doing in. In PVP = DM I prefer you a bear str/dex
PVP = CTF I prefer you a bird for ks and they r good in ctf for hiding lol
PVE = PVE MAges are best for pve and i don't know why. Just kite the mobs to have 100k + kills and 0 deaths

anahadaz
01-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Why are you necroing old threads?

iRandom
01-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Why are you necroing old threads?

i think hes getting paid

DudeitsJacob
01-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Definitely op,considering my friends excuse for not starting new pvping levels is " bears are op at that level " but imo I believe rhinos are up since their literal only buff is the armor buff, for some reason the force buffs cancel them out like rhinos are op with just one but they aren't, (and I mean low level rhinos not the endgame ones) but yaaa.

iRandom
01-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Definitely op,considering my friends excuse for not starting new pvping levels is " bears are op at that level " but imo I believe rhinos are up since their literal only buff is the armor buff, for some reason the force buffs cancel them out like rhinos are op with just one but they aren't, (and I mean low level rhinos not the endgame ones) but yaaa.

u clearly do not play rhino

Nhane
01-25-2015, 04:24 PM
bear are end game =[

Ssneakykills
01-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Meh bears are rlly underpowered I mean I can't nuke using just beckon stomp which means I have to use other skills sometimes

GiveMeWings
01-25-2015, 05:18 PM
at low pvp i think mages are more op,if u know how to use

iRandom
01-25-2015, 08:10 PM
at low pvp i think mages are more op,if u know how to use

everything is op

if u know how to use

GiveMeWings
01-26-2015, 01:10 AM
u may know h to use bird at 35 and get rekt 99% of times ;)

iRandom
01-26-2015, 01:12 AM
u may know h to use bird at 35 and get rekt 99% of times ;)

i use 35 burd and get rekt 100% of times

so HA
ur calculations were wrong