PDA

View Full Version : Mythic armor- still worth it?

TCH22
11-28-2014, 12:43 AM
So recently, as the game progresses, I can see that there are armors coming out that are decently good , and with the planar tombs armor which you can say is better than the mythic armor. As the level progresses, to 41 to 46 to 51 and so forth-we dont know sts gonna do, Im sure the mythic armor cannot hold on to its title as best armor for Long. I plan on buying mythic set, but am worried that the armor might become redundant in the near future, and I hope maybe there can be further upgrades for this mythic set should the game really progresses onwards to 46 and beyond so that the gold is well spent. (cant use it for twink at 41 as theres lots of people with arcane equips.) So hope that something can be done to the mythic set for the next expansion or next next expansion. Any opinions?

obee
11-28-2014, 12:45 AM
Don't. You will waste your money.

Visiting
11-28-2014, 12:55 AM
99.9% that had mythic set before Planar tombs, are still using their sets, and will do so until they can get their hands on the new Imbued Planar sets. The thing about the news sets is that EACH piece of a set is sellig 20mil+, so the average player has very little chance of getting a set (40mil+) anytime soon. Although these sets of course will become cheaper as time goes by and more people get them, the fact still remains that these sets are VERY hard and/or expensive to get. So, personally, if it's not going to bankrupt you, while myth sets are cheap, I'd snatch one :)

Energizeric
11-28-2014, 12:59 AM
If I was you I would just get an Ancient Druid, Hellish or Necro helm & armor set for now and start saving to get some other mythic item in the future. I'm sure there will be new mythic helms and armors down the road.

Titanfall
11-28-2014, 12:27 PM
99.9% that had mythic set before Planar tombs, are still using their sets, and will do so until they can get their hands on the new Imbued Planar sets. The thing about the news sets is that EACH piece of a set is sellig 20mil+, so the average player has very little chance of getting a set (40mil+) anytime soon. Although these sets of course will become cheaper as time goes by and more people get them, the fact still remains that these sets are VERY hard and/or expensive to get. So, personally, if it's not going to bankrupt you, while myth sets are cheap, I'd snatch one :)
The chance of getting that dark armour from a planar chest is probably the same chance as myth armour from a crate.
GG its basically new mythic armour coloured purple so there can be a new mythic set next level cap

Dex Scene
11-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Mythic sets are best damage giving sets. If you cant afford the new imbued (90% of people can't afford them), its obviously good to buy em.
Mythic sets will be outdated maybe when imbued sets will be affordable.

Wutzgood
11-28-2014, 04:08 PM
If I was you I would just get an Ancient Druid, Hellish or Necro helm & armor set for now and start saving to get some other mythic item in the future. I'm sure there will be new mythic helms and armors down the road.

I have to agree with ener. I barely even use my mythic set anymore since getting Druid then necro. Mythic may have the highest damage still but the health and armor loss isn't worth it anymore. Necro/Druid/living/planar armors are better even tho damage is lower and a lot cheaper. Save your gold.

Visiting
11-28-2014, 04:57 PM
The chance of getting that dark armour from a planar chest is probably the same chance as myth armour from a crate.
GG its basically new mythic armour coloured purple so there can be a new mythic set next level cap

That'd be true, except for the fact that the crates that drop the new items are very rare, and looting something decent (New Pinks) is very rare according to people that open these chests. (Zeus has opened upwards of 100 now and gotten 3 pink I believe), also you have to factor in the necessary parts to get the "Imbued" version, it takes Atleast a recipe and an ingot (160-140 crystals (or whatever they're called, depending on item). So, prices of these items will stay high for months to come.

Caabatric
11-28-2014, 09:15 PM
So recently, as the game progresses, I can see that there are armors coming out that are decently good , and with the planar tombs armor which you can say is better than the mythic armor. As the level progresses, to 41 to 46 to 51 and so forth-we dont know sts gonna do, Im sure the mythic armor cannot hold on to its title as best armor for Long. I plan on buying mythic set, but am worried that the armor might become redundant in the near future, and I hope maybe there can be further upgrades for this mythic set should the game really progresses onwards to 46 and beyond so that the gold is well spent. (cant use it for twink at 41 as theres lots of people with arcane equips.) So hope that something can be done to the mythic set for the next expansion or next next expansion. Any opinions?
IF people will accept you in their pt for planar dont buy, or else buy so you can run the palnar areas

Kakashis
11-28-2014, 09:36 PM
yeah don't buy mythic armor as its time to shine is over! Wait for winter event, don't buy elondrion stuff

Dex Scene
11-29-2014, 12:45 AM
I would say don't buy if you are a warrior. Necro armor helms, druid/living and even hellish armors gives more armors..
If you are mage or rogue buy the mythic sets and upgrade it for decent damage (considering you can't afford new mythic weapons; if you could afford em buying a mythic sets wouldn't be a problem).. if you get the upgraded mythic sets you will get 550-600 ish damage without mythic gun/bow. So better than a pink helm-armors!!