PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for the PC users

Stelo
11-28-2014, 03:16 AM
Lately when I play Arcane Legends, it keeps having short freezes (probably a second or two) and then continues to run fine. I just wanted to know if any of the PC users have experienced this as well? I've only seen this occurrence happen twice on my mobile and those were from pulling mobs in Kraag Tombs. Just wanted to get confirmation if this is indeed part of the new update OR it's just that my macbook is starting to die. This is somewhat annoying for me because when I try to park in Tindirin, it can sometimes freeze in the middle of me re-mapping which well then lead to me dying.

Anarchist
11-28-2014, 03:18 AM
Its the game your macbook is fine.

Stelo
11-28-2014, 03:19 AM
Its the game your macbook is fine.

ah, that gave me some relief. I'm guessing you've been experiencing it too as well?

Ravager
11-28-2014, 05:13 AM
Yes. I play on 2 pcs and they both experience this now. A short 1 second pause and continues. Later on, 1 second pause. Mostly in PVE.

Stelo
11-28-2014, 05:19 AM
Yes. I play on 2 pcs and they both experience this now. A short 1 second pause and continues. Later on, 1 second pause. Mostly in PVE.

lol, sounds exactly like what happens to my laptop! thanks for the feedback btw! :)

epicrrr
11-28-2014, 05:34 AM
you have too many tabs opened.

Jazzi
11-28-2014, 05:55 AM
Hiya,

Just wanted to say, that I am experiencing the same freezes as of lately. Those are probably the placed where you would have been disconnected before. Better than DC I guess.

Regards,
Aze

Serancha
11-28-2014, 06:23 AM

This is not just on PC, the last day or so I have had it happening a ton on ipad mini. Like a second hiccup where your character won't move. Happens a lot on boss fights too, with inevitable results.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Yes. I've been experiencing the same short freezes on chrome. It's annoying, but at least I don't dc anymore.

Doesn't happen on my android device.

Stelo
11-28-2014, 06:47 AM
you have too many tabs opened.

:O PSH, all I have is a little less than 20 tabs open... >_> Nah, jk but I srsly only have 2 tabs open. 1 to play Arcane and the other one to play mah music. Its been happening to everyone though from what they've posted.

vawaid
11-28-2014, 02:41 PM
I feel that if there was a mage in my paarty. #no offense

Ravager
11-28-2014, 06:24 PM
I have no other tabs open. Never had this issue until recently. I am running solo. Only have this in AL. During the one second pause, you cant move or even access menus.

Zeus
11-28-2014, 06:32 PM
It happens to me too, doesn't matter the hardware. :/

Seoratrek
11-28-2014, 08:00 PM
I've moved this to technical issues and bugs.

Raselph
11-28-2014, 08:43 PM
This doesn't matter if you have only less than 20 tabs. If you keep only arcane legends tab, it will still freeze at times, trust me I've tested it and have the experience.

P.S I feel you whoever experiences this.

BTmfN
11-28-2014, 11:26 PM
I have been running test on this and the disconnecting issues. Wifi seems to be the only culprit for me. When I am connected directly to my modem I experience no lag or disconnect issues. Haven't really played on mobile version any because of instant battery drainage lol, but hopefully this will be a easy fix for a lot of players with the same problems.

ps. only 20 Mbps cable Internet and running on laptop with no fancy graphic card (Intel HD graphics), Intel i7-3630QM CPU (not the worst CPU) and only 8 GB RAM with 7.89 usable.

Jexetta
11-29-2014, 09:57 PM
I've been experiencing this for the past couple days for sure (maybe for a week or more).

It's not hardware related, I have a direct wired connection with a computer built for doing really intensive renderings and 3D modeling. If it doesn't lag out when I'm doing a render that takes 1 day, but lags out when I play a game built for mobile devices.... THERE IS AN ISSUE.

It just freezes for 1-2 seconds, but my character has gotten almost 50 pve deaths from it lagging out / spiking tanking Taurus / Planar 3. I usually have a 50 ping rate, and the ping has nothing to do with the spike. It's insanely annoying, please fix this. I have a really low desire to play when the spike is so bad.

It's not like lag really, it's like a total game freeze. When I lag or dc I can run around while watching the spike go up. With this it's just *FREEZE* and hope when I come back I'm not dead.

Zeus
11-29-2014, 10:40 PM
I've been experiencing this for the past couple days for sure (maybe for a week or more).

It's not hardware related, I have a direct wired connection with a computer built for doing really intensive renderings and 3D modeling. If it doesn't lag out when I'm doing a render that takes 1 day, but lags out when I play a game built for mobile devices.... THERE IS AN ISSUE.

It just freezes for 1-2 seconds, but my character has gotten almost 50 pve deaths from it lagging out / spiking tanking Taurus / Planar 3. I usually have a 50 ping rate, and the ping has nothing to do with the spike. It's insanely annoying, please fix this. I have a really low desire to play when the spike is so bad.

It's not like lag really, it's like a total game freeze. When I lag or dc I can run around while watching the spike go up. With this it's just *FREEZE* and hope when I come back I'm not dead.

It started happening around the time when they tried fixing the DC issues.

I have a dedicated NVidia GTX GPU with 2gb RAM & i7 8-core CPU. I shouldn't be experiencing this. In the same boat as you! :/

Kingofninjas
11-29-2014, 11:17 PM
My laptop is kinda crap so I thought it was my laptop. I'm actually kind of disappointed it is the game and not my laptop cuz I just lost my reason to buy a new laptop. Glad to know this relic is still working fine though.

Jexetta
11-30-2014, 12:19 AM
PC users unite!

FIX the issue sts!

cjswogkstkdg
12-01-2014, 06:14 PM
never encountered with this problem, yet..

arethrow
12-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Oooo yeah u are so right mine does it all the time, ill be running to a boss and it will freeze for like a seck d then ill be dead

Dalmony
12-02-2014, 12:33 AM
This is still happening quite frequently :(

Zeus
12-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Can we PLEASE get a response on this? Highly annoying issue.

Ravager
12-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah my Windows-based pcs experience this. I installed AL on a friend's computer and same situation.

My Chromebook runs it fine but there's not joystick emulator support on Chromeboook :/

FratmosFear
12-04-2014, 01:11 AM
Yes I've farmed loads of deaths recently due to these 'freezes'. Please look into it.

ikkels
12-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Same here ...

Kakashis
12-08-2014, 03:16 AM
happens here too :(

Paulnaj
12-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Same here. Its seriously annoying.

ikkels
12-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Updated Chrome to the latest version but still experiencing these freezes. This happens during runs but also while standing in a town.

ikkels
12-13-2014, 02:07 AM
Anyone else?

Jexetta
12-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Yes, give them more time though. Three weeks to a month of the issue ongoing isn't really enough time to diagnose and fix.

Kakashis
12-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Yes, give them more time though. Three weeks to a month of the issue ongoing isn't really enough time to diagnose and fix.

your sense of sarcasm runs high! but yes, it's happening on my pc and laptop. I for some reasone can't even get past the contacting server on my Lenovo Y40 as well. It's a top of the line laptop, yet only the STS games can't contact their servers. Every other game works LOL

Yumisa
12-16-2014, 03:11 PM
I also experience the freezes, the longer i play without closing the window, the more frequent they become. My pc is getting worse and i will buy a new one however I never had freezes in AL before the last 5 updates

ikkels
12-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Still freezing after playing for about 20 minuts. This is so annoying ffs

conradev
12-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Lately when I play Arcane Legends, it keeps having short freezes (probably a second or two) and then continues to run fine. I just wanted to know if any of the PC users have experienced this as well? I've only seen this occurrence happen twice on my mobile and those were from pulling mobs in Kraag Tombs. Just wanted to get confirmation if this is indeed part of the new update OR it's just that my macbook is starting to die. This is somewhat annoying for me because when I try to park in Tindirin, it can sometimes freeze in the middle of me re-mapping which well then lead to me dying.

Not sure why Ravager didn't post the solution to this bc he is the one who told me how to fix it but look for a portable version of Google Chrome and run the game on it. It is quite flawless even on older machines.

If you still have an issue, make sure your installed version of Chrome is not running, try updating flash, try updating java, try running CCleaner and rebooting, check for Windows Updates, try running a good disk defragger, check for driver updates, troubleshoot and test different Google Chrome settings, seek further assistance on forum.
(In that order)

GoodSyntax
12-16-2014, 10:15 PM
All signs from what I can see points to a memory leak.

I would be curious to see if others see what I'm seeing. Open task manager or process monitor, start a map (I used planar tombs, but I suspect any map) and watch a constant 4k per second increase in memory usage.

On long runs, this can equal hundreds of Megs of memory until you leave the map, at which point some memory is returned.

This is indicative of a memory leak and as memory consumption increased, so does the freezes. It's odd, because I originally thought it was because it was starting to page, but I never utilized the full 16gb of RAM I have installed, do it had to be something else.... Perhaps logging???

Ravager
12-17-2014, 07:56 PM
I use Torch Browser and it runs flawlessly now.

eugene9707
12-17-2014, 08:40 PM
All signs from what I can see points to a memory leak.

I would be curious to see if others see what I'm seeing. Open task manager or process monitor, start a map (I used planar tombs, but I suspect any map) and watch a constant 4k per second increase in memory usage.

On long runs, this can equal hundreds of Megs of memory until you leave the map, at which point some memory is returned.

This is indicative of a memory leak and as memory consumption increased, so does the freezes. It's odd, because I originally thought it was because it was starting to page, but I never utilized the full 16gb of RAM I have installed, do it had to be something else.... Perhaps logging???

sooooo..... a mobile game that's suppose to run on a device with 512mb- 2gb of RAM consumes 16gb of RAM(or more) on a PC? Awesome !!

anyone with 32gb of RAM care to give it a shot ? :D

Ravager
12-18-2014, 08:57 PM
sooooo..... a mobile game that's suppose to run on a device with 512mb- 2gb of RAM consumes 16gb of RAM(or more) on a PC? Awesome !!

anyone with 32gb of RAM care to give it a shot ? :D

It doesn't use it all at once. If it is a memory leak, somewhere or somehow the objects in memory are not flushed out. Its like you have a re-usable plate of food and food keeps piling on instead of cleaning/eating when done.

Madnex
12-18-2014, 11:33 PM
Hmm, torch refuses to cooperate despite double checking flags and driver. Guess I'm sticking with chrome and the rare crashes for now.

Dalmony
12-21-2014, 12:13 AM
I am still getting this issue... in PVP its highly annoying >.<

ikkels
01-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Up, still having freezes when running

Kakashis
01-06-2015, 07:11 PM

that 1-2 second freezing is so dangerous everywhere in elite and just ends up costing anks and anks :(

GoodSyntax
01-07-2015, 07:02 AM
Yes, and the longer you play, the worse the freezes/stuttering becomes! Eventually, you have to close the game and all browser tabs and reload just to make it playable again, but it seems this browser refresh is becoming necessary faster and faster.

Zeus
01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Torch chromium browser fixed this issue for me.

ikkels
01-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Thank you, going to give it a try :)

vawaid
01-08-2015, 05:46 PM
This problem is not fixed yet. It made me use many ankh in tomb.

ikkels
01-09-2015, 12:23 PM

Thx :) have been using Torch for the last 2 days and didn't have anymore freezes.

arethrow
01-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Yah i constantly die because of the short freeze everyone i run with knows me as the guy who says "fkin pc freeze" i hope they get this sorted because im wasting ankh i swear my gold is below 0

vawaid
01-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Still experiencing this. It made me die much in planar.

Fiasaria
01-18-2015, 10:29 PM
its not i have dc problem and never get play the fist time when i try to enter to the game

so i need to wait 5 - 10 minutes in other pages to can recharge the pages again

Fiasaria
01-18-2015, 10:43 PM
i think is the game or my macbook is dying too :c

but when i pull a lot of mobs i get freezes

vawaid
01-20-2015, 08:43 PM
It's still happening, getting worse. now so difficult to play elite --"

Aprove
01-25-2015, 06:10 AM
It's happening here too and Why STS didn't aware of this bug? It's quite annoying :/

Ravager
01-25-2015, 09:30 PM
I have to restart chrome every 30 minutes. Super annoying!

vawaid
01-28-2015, 11:31 AM
It's getting worse. Just saying.

sent by a nab using tapasucks

insamni
02-13-2015, 02:02 AM
I also experience the freezes, the longer i play without closing the window, the more frequent they become. My pc is getting worse and i will buy a new one however I never had freezes in AL before the last 5 updates

my exact same problem:tranquillity:

Stelo
02-13-2015, 08:50 PM
i have to restart chrome after every 10-20 min. ain't nobody got time fo dat

Rx8
02-13-2015, 09:51 PM
i have to restart chrome after every 10-20 min. ain't nobody got time fo dat

IKR! , I tried using torch chromium, the issue somewhat (ish) fixed up, but still it was freezing like every 1hr ._.

Lainnah
02-19-2015, 09:08 AM
I have this issue EVERY time I play on PC. When I first load up AL everything is fine. But after about 5 minutes I start to get little freeze pauses which are not ping related. They start to become more and more frequent and they start to last longer and longer until finally it is unplayable. I have to completely close out of Chrome and re-open everything. Someone said it is caused by a memory leak?

Tatman
02-19-2015, 10:21 AM
This has nothing to do with chrome, as it wasn't present until a few months ago. And it's getting worse, causing a ton of unnecessary deaths. But obviously not important enough to be taken care of.

Amokaachi
02-25-2015, 03:55 PM
I have to restart chrome every 30 minutes. Super annoying!

Experiencing same problem here. It becomes unplayable unless i restart chrome.

How come there s no dev response for a 3 months old problem :S

Korath
03-03-2015, 05:45 AM
This is not going away

greekAL
03-03-2015, 10:19 AM
problem still farming our ankhs zzzzz

Amokaachi
03-07-2015, 07:02 AM
This video shows how it looks like

http://youtu.be/Ys9qtqPFZRA

Rx8
03-07-2015, 10:07 AM
This video shows how it looks like

http://youtu.be/Ys9qtqPFZRA

That was insanely freezing!

vawaid
03-07-2015, 10:30 PM
That was insanely freezing!
Try torch browser. It's chrome based, no lag so far I feel. Ravager cant use torch because he uses linux.

Rx8
03-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Try torch browser. It's chrome based, no lag so far I feel. Ravager cant use torch because he uses linux.

I am using torch. Lol. Been using it since i read this thread first hahaha. I manage dto change my FPS..so smooth now :p

Amokaachi
03-08-2015, 05:34 AM
My video has been taken on torch browser..

Rx8
03-08-2015, 06:53 AM
My video has been taken on torch browser..

It happened to me, but now its not happening anymore.

Golem
03-13-2015, 05:23 PM
I HATE this freezing thing............................................. ..............
Pls STS repair this.... -.- soooo harrasing thing -.-

Zeus
04-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Torch is no longer working as a fix for this and giving me the exact same issue. Anyone have any fixes?

Wazakesy
04-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Torch is no longer working as a fix for this and giving me the exact same issue. Anyone have any fixes?

Did you update it, Zeus?

I dont see any glitches in my chrome tho o.O

eugene9707
04-29-2015, 10:35 PM

hey, try the developer version of chrome. Just ran a couple arena and seems fine to me, the ram usage staid around 3.4g (out of my 16g ram) so seems pretty nice

here's the link: https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel , you can try other channels too and see if they work for you

Zeus
04-29-2015, 10:46 PM
Did you update it, Zeus?

I dont see any glitches in my chrome tho o.O

Yes, it auto updated to version 39.0 and ever since then, torch has been giving me the same memory leak.

Zeus
04-29-2015, 11:11 PM
hey, try the developer version of chrome. Just ran a couple arena and seems fine to me, the ram usage staid around 3.4g (out of my 16g ram) so seems pretty nice

here's the link: https://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel , you can try other channels too and see if they work for you

It seems to have fixed the issue for now, I'll update you and let you know if the problem rears its ugly head. Thanks!