PDA

View Full Version : Warrior DPS Build

ArrowGoBooom
05-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Can someone please post which skills I should put points into and how many for a DPS 2H Warrior? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

ArrowGoBooom

LordRaid
05-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Go look in the threads posted previously.

-Any Help Given-

TheBaconKing
05-16-2010, 05:07 PM
5 in rage is a MUST
5 in Super Mega Slash is also recommended.
Those are really all you need to dps well.

IronBlood and Evade really really really do help. It will give you great armor and dodge when needed. It could be all you need to survive the nuke from the witch. I would suggest putting 5 points into both

So what we are up to 20 out of 34 points available.. Hmm

Crippling Slash is nice for those pesky casters who like to run away. You could put 5 points into it.
Hellscream is nice as well, but I don't know if 5 whole points is worth it. Hellscream is awesome for just about everything. It has a decent chance to stun nearby enemies, and depending on how many points you put into it, it will lower the damage output of your target a certain amount.

Beckon and Stop are tricky for DPS warriors. As a tank I hate it when people run in and push my target even further away from me. All beckon and stomp would do for you is piss off your tank. Beckon would be a MUST for pvp though. Stomp not so much, in my opinion.

Currently I am specced to tank, and DPS when I can. I have all the necessary tank abilites, and then I put the rest of my abilities into dps
This is what it looks like.
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2029/image2010515235017.jpg

If you don't even think you will, or want to, tank then you could take a point or two, or heck all 5, out of stomp and put into crippling slash.

I personally would stay away from Vengeful Slash, Crushing Blow, and Restore. Crushing Blow and Restore are not worth points at all. I haven't used Vengeful slash since I respecced for the first time, I feel the other two are more useful.

This is a good link for all the skill descriptions for the warrior class. They are not up to date with the latest patch, but they give a general overview of what each skill does.
http://venom.forumn.net/warrior-discussion-f5/warrior-skill-list-t20.htm

LordRaid
05-16-2010, 06:10 PM
As a general rule of thumb, TheBaconKing's skill build I find is best (my friend respecced to use that build and finds it the optimal build for the job as well, he's a bow bear :P).

Though if you wish to play around with skills, just remember to max rage + iron blood. Both great skills that work 100%. By 100%, I mean attack skills like stomp and the slashes sometimes miss, evade only increases the chance of dodging (I'm not saying that's bad at all, if this skill made your dodge 100%, that would be extremely rigged).
But iron blood increases your armor for the whole time its active, so every hit you receive during this period has its damage reduced by iron blood.

Same goes with rage, but for your attacks.