PDA

View Full Version : Name selling?

ToastyLord
11-29-2014, 01:20 AM
hey I've been encountering a lot of name sellers recently and I know that it's not encouraged, but exactly how serious is it? Is it punishable by permanant bannishment?

for the lulz
11-29-2014, 02:12 AM
well yeah , ppl do it alot , and remiem or some other mod said it isnt allowed . But it happens alot and theres no way to really keep track of it .

tbh i dont think it shud be a problem as long as ur using in game currency , cus its your risk to take .

Meggadon
11-29-2014, 02:47 AM
It's just not encouraged because it's very easy to get scammed.

Fractite
11-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Yeah it's easy to get scammed from it and the name is only yours if they give you the account, or delete it.

ToastyLord
11-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Wouldn't this be like account selling/buying/trading? (As serious in other words)

I also have noticed the name sellers shout down other players that say it isn't encouraged by STS

Daueden
11-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Everyone is allowed to name sell, but name buying is punishable by permanent ban or else you will be shunned, it is your choice

programmed
11-29-2014, 05:48 PM
It has been said several times that name buying/selling is against the ToS and is not recommend because of the risk of being scammed but if you participate in these actions and get scammed then STG can not do anything to help you because you went against the ToS.

DivineMoustache
11-29-2014, 05:48 PM
If you use the search function, you can easily find this post by Remiem:

Spacetime Games does not condone any sales or trades that do not fit into the consignment shop or trade window. The reason for this is that we created the trade system and the consignment shop to help to cut down on the possibility of scams in game. We are aware that there is a scam risk with any transaction, but using these systems not only helps players to be fully aware of the transaction they are taking part in, but it also creates logs in our system that the Support Team can use to help track items, investigate scams, etc.

When you conduct transactions purely based on trust that the other player will honor their commitment, you are at a much higher risk for a scam and there is no way for our team to track the transaction to help you recover afterward. 9 times out of 10 they will not be able to recover your lost money or items.

So, we ask that you only use the in-game features available to you for exchanging in-game items. And, if you do choose to take the risk in exchanging items or names for in-game currency without the safety net of the trade window or consignment shop, realize that you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. Furthermore, these transactions should NOT be conducted in the Spacetime Games forums. The Traders Market forums are ONLY for trades that can be conducted legally using the trade window feature in game.

Also, the more serious issue here is conducting in-game transactions for REAL money, in the forum of cash, pre-paid cards, cell-phone minutes etc. This is prohibited and is a BANNABLE offense. Do not take part in these transactions at all. Ever.

The larger size bolded section shows where it is implied by Remiem that name selling is NOT encouraged, however it is allowed, but if you get scammed during such transaction, you run the chance of not being reimbursed.

Sheugokin
11-29-2014, 05:53 PM
But before the "not," it says "should," which insinuates that it is not recommended, not bannable though.

If it is bannable, then it should say "cannot" instead of "should not."

Found in Moustache's Remiem post.

Meggadon
11-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Cannot will not should not would not omg!

Seoratrek
11-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Like DivineMoustache said, the short answer in regards to selling names is no. Furthermore, the sale of names should not be conducted on these forums. More on that here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?172410

I'm going to close this now.