PDA

View Full Version : Selling of Para Stones - Warning to Players

Serancha
11-29-2014, 01:43 AM
So with the Para Stone situation, we are seeing more and more people offering to sell stones.
The deals seem to be like this:

Seller: "Hand me your best gear (since you would not put a para stone in anything mediocre), and I will put a para stone in it and use my plat to speed it up. Then when it's done, I will trade it back for the gold paying me for the service. It will be instant, so of course there's no risk!"

Now, there is a chance the seller is honest and all will go smoothly, but unless you know them very VERY well,
there is a HUGE risk of the following happening:

Buyer *hands over their shiny new mythic weapon to the seller*

Seller *teleports away and changes name*

Buyer *goes to the forum and STS support yelling "Someone scammed my weapon!!!!"*

STS Support "We are very sorry Mr. Buyer, but you handed your mythic weapon to a total stranger and expected to get it back? This is why we have rules (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?159917-Rules-of-In-Game-Commerce). If it does not fit in the trade window, it is extremely risky and is not covered by STS."

Moral of the Story: Never hand anyone your items unless you do not want them back!!!

Zeus
11-29-2014, 01:58 AM
We just kicked a member for selling paracelsus stones. Completely agree!

Shimada
11-29-2014, 03:21 AM
It's supposed to be like this:

I have a para stone then i'll gem the item to it but I'll give the items same price with the one I'm gemming. That's the logic. If I'm the other person why would I give my item if I don't have the guarantee of having it again. This kind of scamming will happen to everyone even expert gamers. By doing this will minimize the scamming of this gem.

Madnex
11-29-2014, 12:36 PM
Making the stone untradeable was a silly move because it just opens the way for this type of scamming without stopping anything. It's never too late to change that and prevent future scams.

Ebezaanec
11-29-2014, 04:14 PM
The beauty of collateral.

twoxc
11-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Just give your item to me if you don't want it to get scammed lol. I'll put it to good use ^^

matanofx
11-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Selling para gems 4m each pm me im not scam anyone in over 2 weeks!

Seriously though, either buy para gems from strangers or listen to sera's advice, id listen to sera on this one.

twoxc
11-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Selling para gems 4m each pm me im not scam anyone in over 2 weeks!

Seriously though, either buy para gems from strangers or listen to sera's advice, id listen to sera on this one.

3mil para gem please, i'll buy lol.

Serancha
11-29-2014, 04:45 PM
id listen to sera on this one.

And he's not just saying that 'cause he plans to be my future ex-husband. :P

davidvilla
11-30-2014, 05:45 AM
Para gems r clearly an open invitation for scams. Sts has to make it open for auction for least to eliminate such acts. My suggestion to sts, don't let para gems go through trade window but instead let it go through process of auction buy and sell.

Fran Mac
11-30-2014, 12:29 PM
that should already be done before, not now! or we want the stones back again to sell them, i only use it cause i couldnt sell!

Kreasadriii
12-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Its spreading.. almost every town I visited there's is people screaming
Selling para and para -_-

Edited: Screming to Screaming.

noahgoulin
12-07-2014, 06:11 AM
Its spreading.. almost every town I visited there's is people screaming
Selling para and para -_-

Edited: Screming to Screaming.
Paragem are untradeable

Kreasadriii
12-07-2014, 06:15 AM
Paragem are untradeable

Ikr.
Read the Serancha's explanation.
Its untradeable but will make many players give the item just to received that para stone on their item.
It really opening the new types of scamming way.

Leonut
12-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Making the stone untradeable was a silly move because it just opens the way for this type of scamming without stopping anything. It's never too late to change that and prevent future scams.

Having the stone not tradable is a good intention to limit its impact too greatly on the game.

Now, handing over your equipment to someone in hopes that he / she will socket the gem for you is the silly move.

Obviously the worst payment terms ever for a buyer is to advance something without any collateral or legal agreement that protects the buyer, should he decide on such a silly move. In the real world it is called performance risk.

Awesomazing
12-07-2014, 07:16 PM
They should have done that from the start, not now when players have already used there gems.

Algorhythm
12-08-2014, 12:42 AM
lol dont trade/buy without insurance. simple!

Goodhabbit
12-08-2014, 06:43 PM
The problem is, i have para gem, i dont want to use it, just sell it. But its untradable, what im going to do with it, put it in my mythic set? Lol, i broke my playstyle since i gamble with lockeds and ended up earning nothing....all my hope is sell my para gem and start a new life in the game.....

Litheus
12-09-2014, 01:08 AM
is the para stone the gem with a skull in it

Cptsky
12-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Well para stone idea itself was stupid already . Even ruins more pvp balance , now it s turning to pay to win faster . Sometimes I cant see difference with Arcane Legends and Arcane Pockets . Thanks for this great idea really :greedy_dollars: