PDA

View Full Version : DF + FH @ lvl 12, quick lvl up till lvl 15?

adwin
02-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Here's the deal:

I'm @lvl 12, and I've finished all Forest Haven quests as well as 12/13 Dark Forest quests.
Till the last one appears in the latter, I've gotta lvl up fast. Killing zombies gets me nowhere and is painstakingly slow. Any suggestions how to make a quick hit to lvl 15 (apart from hosting a game).

Otukura
02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Play DF and not FH?

PLaCiD
02-11-2011, 03:29 AM
it shouldn't take you very long to level between 12 and 15, a couple of hours at the most. A fraction of that if your in a tidy group.

giayuan
02-11-2011, 03:46 AM
it shouldn't take you very long to level between 12 and 15, a couple of hours at the most. A fraction of that if your in a tidy group.

LMAO! couple hours? takes 30 min if you do it efficiently; good group and in dark forest.

PLaCiD
02-11-2011, 04:13 AM
LMAO! couple hours? takes 30 min if you do it efficiently; good group and in dark forest.

Like I said "A Fraction of that if your in a tidy group". I'd say 30 mins is most definitely a fraction of 2 hours lol ;)

1 quarter to be precise lol ;)

Fyrce
02-11-2011, 12:55 PM
You probably want to level where it's dropping equpment at levels you can use. However, you could always go try out Balefort. You'll need to buy that campaign. Lots of my toons can kill in areas higher than their levels. However, it's usually better to play where the drops are useful for you. Too high a level and you're just farming for gold.

PLaCiD
02-12-2011, 06:13 AM
You probably want to level where it's dropping equpment at levels you can use. However, you could always go try out Balefort. You'll need to buy that campaign. Lots of my toons can kill in areas higher than their levels. However, it's usually better to play where the drops are useful for you. Too high a level and you're just farming for gold.

Your absolutely right, I have noticed that most of the drops I get I cannot use yet.

I've got all the maps/campaigns and I've done all the quests apart from the Alien Oasis ones (and up). Oh and I have the snowballs quest left too, done the pelts.

The way I've been playing is to try and finish the maps/quests for one area then move on to the next. But now I've noticed that my progression isn't moving at the same pace as my leveling. I'll take your advice and hit some more maps that are for my level.

What area should I aim for? I'm level 39 I think

adwin
02-12-2011, 06:22 AM
I guess I should flag this thread as solved, since I just levelled up in DF till lvl 15 and moved on to Balefort (luckily, I still had 10 plat. left, UNLUCKILY, I foolishly spent the rest on a weapon when I just started playing). I've nearly finished Balefort, and it'll be a waiting job till STS post new Free plat. ;]
I also need to respec, since I started with a STR archer (experience in other RPGs unfortunately played againt me), and need to move that points into DEX... That's 2 additional plat.

Fyrce
02-12-2011, 07:13 AM
At level 39, you should be in Ao1 and Ao2. Equips should be near your level. Around level 43 or 44, you'll want to start Ao3. Stuff in Ao3 start at level 44. The best equips up to level 45, though, are dropped in Ao2.

PLaCiD
02-12-2011, 10:33 AM
At level 39, you should be in Ao1 and Ao2. Equips should be near your level. Around level 43 or 44, you'll want to start Ao3. Stuff in Ao3 start at level 44. The best equips up to level 45, though, are dropped in Ao2.

Thanks Fyrce. I'll keep running Ao1 & Ao2 until I level a few times. Shouldn't take too long :)