PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Ancient Mythic Amulet PROC (changes needed).

Madnex
11-29-2014, 01:50 PM
There's no way for the other classes except warrior to proc this apart from deliberately taking DoT damage. Which, realistically, is impossible in most situations. Comparing with the previous mythic amulets (the legendary wild talismans at least had scaling armor):

This is unarguably a warrior-favored proc. Taking damage is what they do.
Mages are in the middle; still no real proc chances but at least they get a clear upgrade, statistically.
Rogues have it the worse. There's no critical rate given and no proc chances with 45%+ dodge.

Something must change here. If you can change the proc's crystals depending on who puts it on, is it impossible to implement a bonus effect also depending on class (like archon rings' bonuses)?

Proposed changes:
+170 armor/Warrior
+4% damage/Sorcerer
+7 critical rate/Rogue

Thanks for reading.

Appeltjes
11-29-2014, 01:51 PM
What you're saying now is that the wild amulets also are warrior favored right?

Madnex
11-29-2014, 01:56 PM
What you're saying now is that the wild amulets also are warrior favored right?
They are. This type of proc originates from the mythic L31 sword and shield, a warrior weapon. But the difference is this is a mythic item and must be compared with the last mythics; even though it can be worn by all three classes. It just needs a little more tweaking on the classes' effects.

SacredKnight
11-29-2014, 01:57 PM
The funny thing is, in a couple expansions the Mythic Amulet will be obsolete if not replaced. Even more so when its replacement is a respectively common Legendary drop from an event boss which sells for less than a fraction of the Amulets price :3

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Planar Pendant the only Mythic Tiered item (Par from Dragonite Bar/ Crafting tools) that has no visual? As in to say no particle affects or any sign of its presence on a player par from said players inventory.

Zeus
11-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Nice - I agree! :)

Spell
11-29-2014, 02:00 PM
100% agree as a mage/rogue I don't want to take dmg so my ammy would proc way way less

Wutzgood
11-29-2014, 02:01 PM
It's the same as the wild amulet. Only thing they could have done was made it like the goblin ring proc and happen on doing damage but its just the way it is. I still prefer the wild amulet proc to the new mythic proc tho.

falmear
11-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Rogues don't need anymore critical chance it's already ridiculously high in addition to having up to +30% stacked from aimed shot. Rogues not OP enough for you? Lol. Mage proc gives mana how does this help? At least rogues got something useful.

Appeltjes
11-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Rogues don't need anymore critical chance it's already ridiculously high in addition to having up to +30% stacked from aimed shot. Rogues not OP enough for you? Lol. Mage proc gives mana how does this help? At least rogues got something useful.

Candylicks
11-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Yep the proc blows for dps. I'm all for this, why should I have to keep taking damage for it to go off? Poorly designed for Mage and Rogue, I support this thread.

obee
11-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Why should rogues be buffed? You already have enough Crit...

SacredKnight
11-29-2014, 02:39 PM

Lol, they do. Sooner or later we will see rogues with 80-100% crit without any sort of elixir or AA/Proc bonus.

Madnex
11-29-2014, 02:51 PM
40+ critical in endgame for Rogues requires either Samael or SnS plus 5/5 critical passive. The alternatives result in huge damage/HP loss which no one would take. Even if you spam aimed shot the +30 lasts for about a second, it's +20% most of the time. And the new maps do not allow you to sit and spam.

Read again, the suggested addition for mage is 4% damage not mana. I'm a player, not STS lol.

Zeus
11-29-2014, 02:58 PM

You're looking at 350m in gear. Of course it's going to be OP...

falmear
11-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Lol why is it the people with 350m gear only the ones crying. Here are the procs on the amulets:

Warrior
+Health Regen (10 seconds, .05*health every 1 second)
+15 Damage (10 seconds)
Drops 4 pickups that grants health and bonus armor - 25% Health +50 Armor for 10 seconds

Rogue
+15 Dex (10 seconds)
+15 Crit (10 seconds)
Drops 4 pickups that grant crit and dodge - +15 Crit and 15 Dodge for 10 seconds

Sorcerer
+5 DMG (10 Seconds)
+15 Int (10 seconds)
Drops 4 pickups that grant mana and remove status ailments - 25% Mana

So rogues get basically 30% crit when the amulet procs which gives them 100% crit. What do mages get? Just mana and remove debuffs which are both useless. Playing a mage successfully is entirely dependent on not taking damage. So rogues have nothing to complain about you already have high enough critical chance you don't need an extra 7% as proposed.

twoxc
11-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Mage are getting TRASHED on everything every time, just like NEKRO is trash for an arcane pet.

Madnex
11-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Lol why is it the people with 350m gear only the ones crying.
Because coincidentally, they're the only ones who have made and played with the amulet enough time to give accurate feedback.

So rogues get basically 30% crit when the amulet procs which gives them 100% crit. What do mages get? Just mana and remove debuffs which are both useless.
Let me make some corrections here.

Mages are receiving around 30-35 damage from (5 damage proc + ~10 more from 15 INT) for 10 seconds. The pickups are obviously much more useful in PvP.
Rogues do not get 30% crit for 10 seconds. From the moment it procs until you're able to pick a crystal, you only get maybe 5 seconds with +30 crit from the proc.
Crystals' effects do not stack.

Playing a mage successfully is entirely dependent on not taking damage.
The same can be said about rogues. Plus, they have 50% dodge and that reduces the hits taken by practically half in PvE.

So rogues have nothing to complain about you already have high enough critical chance you don't need an extra 7% as proposed.
Personally, I've been successfully --as Rogue-- running both PvE and PvP with 24-30 crit. Currently 25. This is not a suggestion to buff those with 40+ because they always score critical hits already - this is to improve the usefulness of the pendant to the average crit rogue.

falmear
11-29-2014, 05:00 PM
I don't believe the crystals stack, but A for Effort.

As I read it the amulet procs 15% and the pick ups are 15% each. Crit always stacks now if it doesn't you are crying over 85% vs 100%? Lol.

Madnex
11-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Well none of the crystal effects stacks for either class but that's not the point of this thread. We need a balancing mechanism to ensure it procs equally often or at least at a similar rate for all three classes. Changing the proc to occur when damage is dealt will flip the current scheme and have mages proccing all over the place while warriors never get any.

You can't just throw out an amulet for all three classes and add a proc that favors only one of the three.

falmear
11-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Let me make some corrections here.

Mages are receiving around 30-35 damage from (5 damage proc + ~10 more from 15 INT) for 10 seconds. The pickups are obviously much more useful in PvP.
Rogues do not get 30% crit for 10 seconds. From the moment it procs until you're able to pick a crystal, you only get maybe 5 seconds with +30 crit from the proc.
Crystals' effects do not stack.

The same can be said about rogues. Plus, they have 50% dodge and that reduces the hits taken by practically half in PvE.

100% crit for 5 seconds not good enough for you? You can fire 2 aimed shot in that duration. If it was a mage we could onlyt get 1 lightning off. Everyone knows rogue is the most OP class in this game. So now you want an extra 7% crit on top of this? If you want to be hit more ask them to reduce your dodge. Lmao. And the mage pick ups are useless except for other classes. +25% mana doesn't allow you to attack any faster or any more when you have 6k+ mana. Rogues don't need anymore boost in crit they have more then enough, average or 350m rogue.

Zeus
11-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Breeze freezes with no stun immunity and seems to hit at a hundred percent chance rate. Now, where's the logic in allowing pets to have a freeze skill when a sorcerer cannot have freeze in their skill set? I think you should have a cry over that and fix it. I do hope sorcerer's get freeze back. As long as razor duration is corrected, there's a counter but still a chance that sorcerer's can freeze you. Pets shouldn't be allowed to have this ability if classes aren't allowed either. :)
Cheers! :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Madnex
11-29-2014, 05:51 PM
100% crit for 5 seconds not good enough for you? You can fire 2 aimed shot in that duration. If it was a mage we could onlyt get 1 lightning off. Everyone knows rogue is the most OP class in this game. So now you want an extra 7% crit on top of this? If you want to be hit more ask them to reduce your dodge. Lmao. And the mage pick ups are useless except for other classes. +25% mana doesn't allow you to attack any faster or any more when you have 6k+ mana. Rogues don't need anymore boost in crit they have more then enough, average or 350m rogue.
25(base) + 30(proc and pickup) + 20(AS stack) = 75%

They can lower the crystal pickup crit and take away the dodge if it's necessary. Again, the point of this thread is to figure a way to balance the chance for the proc to occur so it's equal for all classes, not to complain about how endgame rogues with 350m gear can get 100% for 5 seconds.

Madnex
11-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Let's not derail this topic.

Any other new mythic amulet user who can share his experience and opinion on the subject at hand?

famousfame
11-29-2014, 11:32 PM
I think its great.

"Winter is Coming" :O

aarrgggggg
11-30-2014, 01:31 AM
fix the drop rate of the recipe its way too low now.......worry about its proc second

danley
11-30-2014, 05:06 AM
Hahaha... Falmear is back! Hide your kids, hide your wife!

Serancha
11-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Let's not derail this topic.

Any other new mythic amulet user who can share his experience and opinion on the subject at hand?

It should proc on damage done not damage received. All classes hit, but not all classes are meant to BE hit. So ironic that mine almost always procs when I get killed. What good is that?

Haligali
11-30-2014, 01:24 PM
I agree, buff rogues. :)

leeelooo
11-30-2014, 01:44 PM
I have the pendant. I'm primarily pve player and love farming so the additional hp is a major plus. However, the proc is more like cotton candy... it's cute with pretty colors but in the end it's just mere fluff.

famousfame
11-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Its working fine imo, there are more pressing issues that need looking at, dark crystal gear drops, neckro buff and upcoming mage buff.
Also sts working flat out on winter event, so button it down plz :)

"Winter is Coming" :O

Wutzgood
11-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Why is rogues having 100% crit so bad all of a sudden? They've been able to get 120% with architect quills since season 5 which is the reason i own a level 40 one.

Both this and wild amulet should have been proc on hit instead of taking damage for the Mage and rogue versions but doubt it will get changed. They still haven't done it for the wild amulets and those were 3 seperate ones.

obee
11-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Why is rogues having 100% crit so bad all of a sudden? They've been able to get 120% with architect quills since season 5 which is the reason i own a level 40 one.

Both this and wild amulet should have been proc on hit instead of taking damage for the Mage and rogue versions but doubt it will get changed. They still haven't done it for the wild amulets and those were 3 seperate ones.
How is it good? Mages will be literally one shotted every hit. I don't think you know how dangerous critical is lol.

Wutzgood
11-30-2014, 02:28 PM
How is it good? Mages will be literally one shotted every hit. I don't think you know how dangerous critical is lol.

Lol I know. I mainly use my Mage. It's just that rogues have been able to do it for the last 2 previous seasons and with much higher than 100%. It shouldn't be a big deal all of a sudden.

I just think if they haven't changed the wild amulets which have the same problem and are 3 seperate amulets they prob won't change this one.

obee
11-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Lol I know. I mainly use my Mage. It's just that rogues have been able to do it for the last 2 previous seasons and with much higher than 100%. It shouldn't be a big deal all of a sudden.

I just think if they haven't changed the wild amulets which have the same problem and are 3 seperate amulets they prob won't change this one.
Techinally isn't over 100% like not useful? Because you can't like get like 2 criticals in one shot or something like that.

Wutzgood
11-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Techinally isn't over 100% like not useful? Because you can't like get like 2 criticals in one shot or something like that.

No because It's been stated previously when archi daggers first came out that even with 100% crit every attack won't be a crit. Even with 130% not every attack is a crit.

It has something to do with the formula that 100% crit won't guarantee a crit shot. I've tested it with archi quills before.

Seoratrek
11-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Please keep the discussion constructive. Let's not get carried away. Thanks!

Serancha
11-30-2014, 07:44 PM
I agree, buff rogues. :)

That solution would work for mages too.... really.

Madnex
12-01-2014, 05:02 AM
An alternative solution would be to double the proc rate when worn by rogues and triple it when worn by mages. This would be balanced, PvE-wise at the very least.

Sorcerie
12-01-2014, 07:32 AM
I dunno about Rogue' crit and what not, but as far as mages go the proc isn't really designed with them in mind.

I can tell you mages don't have the HP or the armor for this proc to go off without shield on and even then you have to throw yourself into a mob and you got a whole two seconds to even stand a chance at seeing it before your shield goes down and your taking a dirt nap. This goes double for places like tombs where just about every hit will put you down instantly.

I would also like to mention how annoying it is when it does proc and you have a big mob tied under a clock and all of a sudden mobs are thrown out of it like you got a noob gale user in your party. Counter productive, no?

Haligali
12-01-2014, 07:39 AM
I dunno about Rogue' crit and what not, but as far as mages go the proc isn't really designed with them in mind.

I can tell you mages don't have the HP or the armor for this proc to go off without shield on and even then you have to throw yourself into a mob and you got a whole two seconds to even stand a chance at seeing it before your shield goes down and your taking a dirt nap. This goes double for places like tombs where just about every hit will put you down instantly.

I would also like to mention how annoying it is when it does proc and you have a big mob tied under a clock and all of a sudden mobs are thrown out of it like you got a noob gale user in your party. Counter productive, no?

Yep, that push back on proc is very annoying, similar like that noob kershal weapon.

Raselph
12-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Breeze freezes with no stun immunity and seems to hit at a hundred percent chance rate. Now, where's the logic in allowing pets to have a freeze skill when a sorcerer cannot have freeze in their skill set? I think you should have a cry over that and fix it. I do hope sorcerer's get freeze back. As long as razor duration is corrected, there's a counter but still a chance that sorcerer's can freeze you. Pets shouldn't be allowed to have this ability if classes aren't allowed either. :)
Cheers! :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

i need the uncharged invurnebility of the shield back lol....miss da old dayzz....especially the freeze skill AGREE!

Jexetta
12-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Rogues should spec full strength. That way you can take more hits and proc more often, problem solved. :wink::wink:

Candylicks
12-01-2014, 01:12 PM
It just never procs. :/

Huge disappointment for ALL this hype and hoops we jumped through.

Y so bad, StS? Mage and Rogue proc for damage isn't the best design.

Make the proc happen on damage dealt not taken.

I've used the amulet for about a week now, and it's a letdown on both rogue and mage.

Bmwmsix
12-11-2014, 10:49 AM
It procs not very often but as above mentioned the push back is really annoying especially when rogues caught big pull of mobs in a trap. And then bam jeopardy I understand and its totally fine if they just get stunned but this pushback isnt right usefull for Pve.

GoodSyntax
12-11-2014, 01:31 PM
This is exactly why I keep requesting "craftable" procs.

The issue always seems to be that STS must balance value in PvE with value in PvP. These two areas of the game have completely different mechanics, and thus has been the source of many issues and "compromises" which has led to less useful items in BOTH PvE and PvP.