PDA

View Full Version : Will the launch of a new game effect pocket legends development?

MoarPewPew
02-11-2011, 07:06 AM
First of all I am really looking forward to blackstar and the expansion of STS.

I do have some questions and concerns though.
(these questions are directed to STS)

Why the decision to launch another mmo while pocket legends still has some main features being developed? Example: guilds

Did You currently hire more staff to keep up with the new player base that will flood with the new game? (I know you have mainly 3 people working customer service)

Will another game slow the process of development or Pocket Legends?

As always I find that STS are a great developing team that are really intouch with there community. I never doubt there abilities to run a successful company. I just had few questions lol.. I can not wait to see the new game!

Junside
02-11-2011, 08:07 AM
I guess there would be a slow transition for some players if they decide to abandon Pocket Legends, but they get so many new players everyday. It won't be long until there are thousands of regulars on both games. I'm confident STS is expanding with safe reasoning.

Justg
02-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Why the decision to launch another mmo while pocket legends still has some main features being developed? Example: guilds

Did You currently hire more staff to keep up with the new player base that will flood with the new game? (I know you have mainly 3 people working customer service)

Will another game slow the process of development or Pocket Legends?

We have ramped up. We were 6 when we launched PL, we are 13 now, will be 18 in a couple of weeks, continuing to grow :)

We will always have people dedicated specifically to PL, and guilds are very close to the top of the list in the PL development queue.

We are launching Blackstar (and more) to give you guys a wide variety of mobile multiplayer games to play. All your account info and plat will carry across all our games.

manyax111
02-11-2011, 09:50 AM
We have ramped up. We were 6 when we launched PL, we are 13 now, will be 18 in a couple of weeks, continuing to grow :)

We will always have people dedicated specifically to PL, and guilds are very close to the top of the list in the PL development queue.

We are launching Blackstar (and more) to give you guys a wide variety of mobile multiplayer games to play. All your account info and plat will carry across all our games.

Great news but hopefully it won't be just PL with space theme.

Echelong
02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Yes it will slow it down at first but it will bring more new people to the game as well. Some people that where not interested in PL at first but liked the new game might come to play PL now. Its a gamble but I think it will work for STS if they keep the quality and fast response to the games bugs as they have at the moment.

krazii
02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
All your account info and plat will carry across all our games.

Can our items and gold carry across too????, Kidding!

Sanatorium
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Woah JustG... you just made me a bit happier, looks like you guys might have more games than just Pocket Legends and BlackStar on your hands... hmm :p.

Physiologic
02-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Have you guys considered special inter-game rewards to encourage more people to play Blackstar if they've played PL, or to encourage more people to play PL if they played Blackstar?

For example, getting to level 55 in Pocket Legends will give you a special weapon or special ________ (could be anything) in Blackstar. Or earning an achievement in Blackstar will give you something in Pocket Legends. Seems like something easy to implement since the same account spans across the different games.

StompArtist
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Have you guys considered special inter-game rewards to encourage more people to play Blackstar if they've played PL, or to encourage more people to play PL if they played Blackstar?

For example, getting to level 55 in Pocket Legends will give you a special weapon or special ________ (could be anything) in Blackstar. Or earning an achievement in Blackstar will give you something in Pocket Legends. Seems like something easy to implement since the same account spans across the different games.

Bioware does something like that for Mass Effect and Dragon Age series. Worked for me.

Grifjack
02-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Great idea to have information carried across all games.

Cassric
02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
It's important to make sure our Spacetime veterans rock in all our games :)

Physiologic
02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
It's important to make sure our Spacetime veterans rock in all our games :)

Awesome, just what I needed to hear :D

Kirei
02-14-2011, 06:15 PM

does this mean i log into blackstar with the same info? do i still keep my name?

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 06:18 PM
does this mean i log into blackstar with the same info? do i still keep my name?
You will log in with the same information, but your name would be different... I think.
Plat will be across all of the games and your login will be the same.
As for your name I think it'll be different since it's a username and it's only on Pocket Legends.

Cassric
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
That said it might be a nice idea to provide a service where PL players can reserve their in game name within Blackstar. I'll bring it up on this end - 'cause I want to reserve my ign hehe.

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 06:23 PM
That said it might be a nice idea to provide a service where PL players can reserve their in game name within Blackstar. I'll bring it up on this end - 'cause I want to reserve my ign hehe.
Hmm, that'd actually be pretty nice...
Psht... just saying if this doesn't happen and you're not fast enough, well... I'm the next Cassric haha :p.

Cascade
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
STS is gunna reap loads of money for their effort and success.

Yvonnel
02-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Yeah. It would be nice to have our game names reserved.

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 08:49 AM

How about making the names carry over? Make them STS names instead so once a name is taken in one game it spawns across all of STS (you can reuse your own names in all games but no one else can)? Would also prevent impersonation attempts.

Swimmingstar
05-13-2011, 11:01 PM

Whoa! so your saying only 6 people were working and now only 13?! That's Amazing

ratava
05-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Whoa! so your saying only 6 people were working and now only 13?! That's Amazing

It's the quality that counts... I'm sure STS would agree, rofl. ;)

Chosen of Diara
05-17-2011, 11:00 PM
I feel the true might and power of the Scorn is not relected in a noteworthy way in your Wiki Ratana, you will soon see the strength of Diara and be able to reflect on the magnificence of her presence,..just before you perish like all your infested species

Kingofhurtz
05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
I feel the true might and power of the Scorn is not relected in a noteworthy way in your Wiki Ratana, you will soon see the strength of Diara and be able to reflect on the magnificence of her presence,..just before you perish like all your infested species

I've never heard of the word relected.