PDA

View Full Version : Enchantress builds

Jetshrike
04-10-2010, 10:25 AM
As far as i can see there are two styles of enchantress and il probably try both.
the first and most common uses AoE attacks like firestorm and icestorm and lightning with either heal or some other skill
the other rarer or unused enchantress is a buff/debuff support character. They might use heal nightmare/weaopn breaker(I forget its name) and an AoE attack. Im going to try out this build after im done tihe my enchantress and Archer

tikaro
04-10-2010, 12:30 PM
do we add all to int or...?

Jetshrike
04-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Nah I put most of my points in int but im balancing my build a bit.

se99jmk
04-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Same, I got up to about 80 Int and had enough regen that I could throw standard fireballs with no loss of mana at all, so now I'm balancing out the other 2 stats..

Kodax
04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
So far I've been using the second build and as a suport roll it is very nice. I have only been putting my points into int so I can spam my rebuffs and heals as much as possible.

Jetshrike
04-11-2010, 03:09 AM
I plan to do that as it would be great to blast through a dungeon while buffing/debuffing and healing :)

pbfreek
04-11-2010, 02:55 PM
I wasn't really thinking ahead when tiering up my skills. I ended up with rank 5 Heal, rank 5 Lightning, rank 5 Drain Life, rank 2 Weakness and then various rank 1's of other skills.

For my Attributes, I'm pretty happy about how I turned out. I wanted a well rounded Enchantress, so I got my Strength to 25, Dexterity to 21 and Intelligence to 89. This gave me a pretty strong base damage (51-67, DPS 20) a high hit percentage (96%), but a mediocre amount of mana for my class (344). I usually only auto attack anyway. The only time I actually use some skills are when I need to heal a team mate or heal myself. Luckily, I ranked up my Drain Life and Heal to rank 5.

Jetshrike
04-12-2010, 02:45 AM
I still haven't finished lvling my enchantress but i plan to do a pure buff/debuff enchantress too :)

Azrael
04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
i have a support chanter atm. I really don't see any reason for anything besides INT. Str doesn't even seem to give 1 point of health per point invested.

EDIT: Now that i realize that int is not even giving 1 mana per point, and only probides 1 M/S per 50 int and GIVES NO DAMAGE... im starting to think chantress is broken and int is worthless.

Zithorio
04-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Does strength boost the base damage for enchantresses? If it did, you could put it all into int then strength and a bit of dex for hit% and instead of doing 38-54 you could do 50-54...

Jetshrike
04-13-2010, 02:47 AM
it used to boost the damage but im not so sure now XD

se99jmk
04-13-2010, 04:05 AM
My understanding is that it does boost damage, but INT also contributes to damage (though a smaller amount than STR).

Silverpegasus
05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
With the updates, does that mean every points u invest in INT goes to ur skills? What about Dmg? I thought DPS is for single shot, hence the name Damage per Shot. And Dmg is for skills, hence the min-max damage, depending on the distance...
I'm not sure what points to put into which, my mage mainly uses AoE attack.
Please anyone help me with these:confused::confused::banana::banana:

kamikazees
05-08-2011, 03:23 PM
It is important to keep in mind that being a "nuker" or a "buffer" is a class term used mostly for leveling. When you get to level 45 or so, you pretty much have enough skill points to max all the main nukes and buffs. By level 55, you can pretty much max everything. That means parties will rely on you to buff, heal, nuke and debuff all at the right moments. It is a difficult job and requires that you pay close attention to the battle and your party. Everyone will tell you though, that a good enchantress is a huge boon to the party.

As for balancing all 3 stats, this is a big mistake. If you spread yourself too thin, you will not be good at anything. Think ahead to what kind of enchantress you want to be. "Pure" enchantresses put all their points into int. They do the most damage of any build, but also die very easily. "Dexmages" put enough points into dex to wear bird gear. They have very high hit%, critical and burst damage, but also die easily (and usually have low M/s regen). Finally, "Paladins" put enough points into str to wear bear gear. They are very hard to kill but generally have lower hit% and much lower damage.

Str does not boost damage that much. It mainly raises Hit points, H/s, armor and dodge. Dex mainly raises hit%, crit%, damage and DPS. Int mainly raises Hit%, Mana, M/s and damage.

Register
05-11-2011, 03:37 PM
i have a support chanter atm. I really don't see any reason for anything besides INT. Str doesn't even seem to give 1 point of health per point invested.

EDIT: Now that i realize that int is not even giving 1 mana per point, and only probides 1 M/S per 50 int and GIVES NO DAMAGE... im starting to think chantress is broken and int is worthless.

just..no
int now makes your skills and damage go up. It always has made damage go up. each mana point gives .02 m/s but it adds up. chantress not broken!
Chantress fixed :P

Wolffen
05-13-2011, 11:08 PM
You can always respec your character to try different mixes.

Otukura
05-13-2011, 11:21 PM
With the updates, does that mean every points u invest in INT goes to ur skills? What about Dmg? I thought DPS is for single shot, hence the name Damage per Shot. And Dmg is for skills, hence the min-max damage, depending on the distance...
I'm not sure what points to put into which, my mage mainly uses AoE attack.
Please anyone help me with these:confused::confused::banana::banana:

No every point, I think around 1/3 to 1/2 do. don't quote me.

DPS is damage per second, and damage is, well, damage per shot. It doesn't depend on the distance, just random.

My personal build right now:

3-6-6-1
6-1-6-6
6-1-6-6

Make your skill map look like that by 55, and at 56 I change the 3 to a 4.

In general, don't rely on 13 month old threads to get your info from ;)

Silverpegasus
05-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks for explaining Otukura! The old threads are misleading :)

Otukura
05-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Feel free to add me in game if you want, I can give you (almost) any other answers you need.

Main char's name is Otukura.

Natcaviq
05-16-2011, 10:10 AM
It is important to keep in mind that being a "nuker" or a "buffer" is a class term used mostly for leveling. When you get to level 45 or so, you pretty much have enough skill points to max all the main nukes and buffs. By level 55, you can pretty much max everything. That means parties will rely on you to buff, heal, nuke and debuff all at the right moments. It is a difficult job and requires that you pay close attention to the battle and your party. Everyone will tell you though, that a good enchantress is a huge boon to the party.

As for balancing all 3 stats, this is a big mistake. If you spread yourself too thin, you will not be good at anything. Think ahead to what kind of enchantress you want to be. "Pure" enchantresses put all their points into int. They do the most damage of any build, but also die very easily. "Dexmages" put enough points into dex to wear bird gear. They have very high hit%, critical and burst damage, but also die easily (and usually have low M/s regen). Finally, "Paladins" put enough points into str to wear bear gear. They are very hard to kill but generally have lower hit% and much lower damage.

Str does not boost damage that much. It mainly raises Hit points, H/s, armor and dodge. Dex mainly raises hit%, crit%, damage and DPS. Int mainly raises Hit%, Mana, M/s and damage.

I am a Level 32 Enchantress. I have spent so much money respec stats and read so many conflicting threads on Enchantress skill build/attributes. I am trying to build Paladin. But, kept finding myself going and selling things for more potions. I had 10 Intelligence, 98 strength, and remaining to Dex. I was great at battle but kept having to go buy potions or sale items. How do you distribute attributes for Paladin with a good balance? Iwant to be extremely powerful but not run out of regen. Any ideas? Some threads say all to Strength and Dex, Some say all to Strength and Intelligence.

Thank you so much for any help you can give.

Natcaviq
05-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi! I have a question. Paladins put enough points into strength to wear bear gear. Should a Paladin add points to Dex or Intelligence along with Strength. Thank you

kamikazees
05-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Should a Paladin add points to Dex or Intelligence along with Strength. Thank you

Yes. The most common is, I believe, 139 str 140 int. You need as much int as possible and there are several guides here on the forums.

Natcaviq
05-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Thank you!