PDA

View Full Version : My locked crate opening experience this weekend...

Energizeric
11-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Prior to yesterday, I have opened more than 400 locked crates since I started playing AL (2 years ago), and never looted a mythic or arcane item. Usually I only open a few at a time. So yesterday, with this locked crate sale and double odds weekend, I decided to spend 1k plat and open crates. I figured that would yield me enough plat for about 110 crates since I know you can get plat rewards in the crates too.

So in the end I opened 125 locked yesterday. Because I looted more plat than expected, it only cost me 850 plat total. I did loot a mythic item (Vili Armor), so I can no longer claim to have never looted anything mythic. But no other mythic or arcane items, just a bunch of legendary items, class elixirs, and a few legendary eggs (ethyl & orion).

Just wanted to share my experience. Overall I'm not upset. I only spent 850 plat, and between the gold rewards from the crates and once I sell the items that I looted (minus the money it cost to purchase the locked crates), I should yield a 500k profit. Yes, obviously I could have done better had I purchased ankh kits and sold them, but this was a gamble and I was hoping to loot something really good like an arcane shard. Oh well, maybe next time! :)

Ebezaanec
11-30-2014, 10:36 PM
This is the way to open locks. No complaining about loot rates and whatnot. Once you decide pop locks, you should be 100% willing to lose everything.

Hope you have better luck next time Ener.

SacredKnight
11-30-2014, 10:39 PM
Awe, good luck next time and hopefully you will sow great fruits from your plants! But that is the way locks work, one must consider every locked popped a 10/15 plat donation to STS.

xutreuqux
12-04-2014, 09:28 PM
I never opened locks, when my guildmate opened 3 necro locks and looted mythic daggers i was surprised and tried openin 5 locks. Got all crap :/ My first and last locks

Wutzgood
12-04-2014, 09:59 PM
I actually wasn't gonna read another of these topics but glad I did. This is the correct reaction when opening locked. Expect nothing and be happy to loot anything. Nice ener.

illwilly
12-05-2014, 03:46 AM
Prior to yesterday, I have opened more than 400 locked crates since I started playing AL (2 years ago), and never looted a mythic or arcane item. Usually I only open a few at a time. So yesterday, with this locked crate sale and double odds weekend, I decided to spend 1k plat and open crates. I figured that would yield me enough plat for about 110 crates since I know you can get plat rewards in the crates too.

So in the end I opened 125 locked yesterday. Because I looted more plat than expected, it only cost me 850 plat total. I did loot a mythic item (Vili Armor), so I can no longer claim to have never looted anything mythic. But no other mythic or arcane items, just a bunch of legendary items, class elixirs, and a few legendary eggs (ethyl & orion).

Just wanted to share my experience. Overall I'm not upset. I only spent 850 plat, and between the gold rewards from the crates and once I sell the items that I looted (minus the money it cost to purchase the locked crates), I should yield a 500k profit. Yes, obviously I could have done better had I purchased ankh kits and sold them, but this was a gamble and I was hoping to loot something really good like an arcane shard. Oh well, maybe next time! :)

I opened abit more then u and 2 worthless mythics and a uller plate.. used about 1500plat and after selling mythics i went even on gold. Bought about 100 of the crates at 10k.. in same ammount of crates in normal weekend ive been more lucky. At last 2x i had 6mythics no arcanes in arround 220 crates.. ye, i know its luck, but breaking even when spending 1.5k plat opening crates plain irritating..

mmaachilles211
12-05-2014, 08:15 AM

Oh thank God...I saw this thread and ur name on the title and I started to panic. Your one of the only ones on the forums that always makes sense and has always understood that locks area gamble. Had me worried for a sec.

To the rest of the players that gripe on the forums that they opened thousands of locks and get nothing...read this. Take it in slowly and understand that this is the truth of the matter. It's all a gamble and when you are willing to gamble you should be willing to lose.

Grats on ur myth ener glad to hear something dropped ur way :)