View Full Version : Fort Begstone

Kujen
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Welcome to Hobo Castle, Fort Begstone

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6005/img0021p.png

Enjoy your stay, and please don't feed the beggars. :p

Ayrilana
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Which is why they should add a stash and CS NPC to the sewer and/or oasis town.

neko
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Oh geez - I've seen that Uzi player around. I almost spat my coffee when I read your post.

neko
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Which is why they should add a stash and CS NPC to the sewer and/or oasis town.

Won't work. Uzi will still follow you into BS and anywhere else you happen to be.

gnardog666
02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
wow....thts crazy

BeardedBear
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh look, it's MasterChief. He was actually a pretty decent guy here on the forums a while ago, and gave away a ton of stuff. That's all until it became obvious he did so just to get a PL shield, or his attempt to at least. He has been a beggar ever since. A shame.

Ayrilana
02-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Won't work. Uzi will still follow you into BS and anywhere else you happen to be.

Just put them on your ignore list.

Physiologic
02-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh look, it's MasterChief. He was actually a pretty decent guy here on the forums a while ago, and gave away a ton of stuff. That's all until it became obvious he did so just to get a PL shield, or his attempt to at least. He has been a beggar ever since. A shame.

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while

KingFu
02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
I remember MC, he got all pissed because he couldn't get a PL shield, then everyone called him out on it, and he admitted to it, and did a full out rage quit, oh, he also Talked With Every Other Word Starting With A Caps;) Then he begged, and asked everyone for gold, and then people posted about it and he said his acc got hacked and that wasn't him begging. Guess he got hacked again:p

KnownAsSpy
02-11-2011, 03:33 PM
LOL masterchief Asked me the SAme THING!

i gave him 1k gold

i never thought he go around doing that for a whole day

Physiologic
02-11-2011, 03:34 PM
It's funny if you search up "masterchief" on the forums and see the results.

StompArtist
02-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I put the guy on ignore not too long ago.

Kujen
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
LOL masterchief Asked me the SAme THING!

i gave him 1k gold

i never thought he go around doing that for a whole day

Hmm yea its a macro or copy/paste. I logged on a different character and got the same message again. That's why you shouldn't give beggars gold because they will just keep begging anyway.

Ona
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I swear it's true, I was reading your thread while logged on PL and... Tada:

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff471/mpayouf/06c6f8b3.jpg

EDIT: Which means that BS is not heaven on earth...

BeefyMeat
02-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I love signing in and even before my screen can load up, I get "PL me" or "Give me gold". Not even a please or thank you.

Echelong
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM
If only we could have an auto reply message for this situation that says "I don't feed the beggars"

Kujen
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Lol, oh no not the sewers too..they're spreading! There was another one too, not in the screenshot, who kept saying

"does anyone have over a million gold"
"does anyone have over a million gold"
"someone give me a lot of gold"

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I like people who ask how much money you have so they know how much to beg for.

BeefyMeat
02-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Fun thing to do is continually switch from elite gear to elite gear in front of a beggar and ask for money each time you change.

KingFu
02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
The best is wearing my pumpkin helm and being asked to sell it. Yesterday I got offered a hooch hat and 10K:D

StompArtist
02-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Another fun thing is to reply "no I lost all my gold, could you give me some?"

Turn the table on them a bit. Funny how they go silent.

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Another fun thing is to reply "no I lost all my gold", could you give me some? Turn the table on them a bit. Funny how they go silent.

Lmao yeah. I've said that I don't have much gold to spare and the person has just asked for what I'm wearing. I was like "I'm kinda using it.."

Kujen
02-11-2011, 03:52 PM
The best is wearing my pumpkin helm and being asked to sell it. Yesterday I got offered a hooch hat and 10K:D

I've been offered 2k for my blue antennae. Big spender!

BeefyMeat
02-11-2011, 03:53 PM

Give you 3K.

Do you have 3K you could give me?

StompArtist

I'll give you 2.1K

StompArtist
Give you 3K.

Do you have 3K you could give me?

You rich or what?

Kujen
02-11-2011, 03:54 PM
LOL you guys

anyway, i get asked about antennae so much I don't even wanna wear them sometimes

edit: I think I'm gonna set Hobo loadouts for all my town visits

Ona
02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
It's funny if you search up "masterchief" on the forums and see the results.

You made my day!

Turkster
02-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Best thing to do is just ignore the beggars, and if they are persistent then hit the Ignore button. Sometimes I feel generous and will help random people out with gold/items/PLvling - but never a beggar. Giving into
them and giving them ANYTHING only enables their behavior.

Doubletime
02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
LOL you guys

anyway, i get asked about antennae so much I don't even wanna wear them sometimes

edit: I think I'm gonna set Hobo loadouts for all my town visits

This is one of the best ideas I have read on here lately. lol

BeefyMeat
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I have my starving artist outfit, which is a nude bird with brown beret. Still keeps solid flow, but makes me look like I have doody for money. Havent been asked for a thing when in that getup.

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I have my starving artist outfit, which is a nude bird with brown beret. Still keeps solid flow, but makes me look like I have doody for money. Havent been asked for a thing when in that getup.

People really do look at what you wear... I'll go in town and get "I'll bet you're really rich. Give me 20k?"

Phoenixking
02-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Starving artist are always rich why you think they can make there fake beards buaetifully natural

Tsarra
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
kan u givez me 10k for potzzzzz? puleeeeeeeese????

I had someone offer me 100k for my Mirage Robe of Cosmos, and I was like, "What will I wear?" They said, "But you can buy anything you want!" Mind you, there was one on CS for 109k at the time. I help people with the game itself (I just showed a newbie where the Magic Portal in FH was), but if they want gold, they have a weapon...they can go and make it. My Ignore List is staggering.

BeefyMeat
02-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Tsarra, I'm the same way. Someone asks an honest question or obviously needs basic help I have no problem lending a hand. It's when I accidentally go to FH instead of Begfort that I get frustrated because I get nailed with "gimme stuff".

Had a guy offer me 50K for my wraith armor because he saw one for 100K earlier in the day. 1) I played intermittently through out the day and have never seen it that low because I wouldve bought it and resold for 140K, and 2) How does offering me half of the lowest price make me want to jump at the sale?

kayler
02-16-2011, 06:55 AM
lol iwas hacked and they stole 1 million gold off me so i might quit the game

Riccits
02-16-2011, 07:30 AM
bcz of only a million?? when i have some luck in BS u have back in some days...

CanonicalKoi
02-16-2011, 08:02 AM
It's sad, but beggars in town have become so commonplace that it's just a minor annoyance. The worst, though, was a "friend" that invited me to a game. I get there and, "Can I have your Wraith armor?" (this was when Wraith was astronomical in price). "No, I'm wearing it. I'm using it." then came the barrage of, "Pls?", "Pls??", "Pls??!?". I said no one last time, left and put them on my ignore list. Begging's bad, but being too lazy to go to your inteded victim and making them come to you is even worse.

Riccits
02-16-2011, 08:18 AM
best is to go naked in town...
begging is getting outer control... ppl begins to be rude when u not responde.... shame on those!!

neko
02-16-2011, 01:01 PM
It's sad, but beggars in town have become so commonplace that it's just a minor annoyance. The worst, though, was a "friend" that invited me to a game. I get there and, "Can I have your Wraith armor?" (this was when Wraith was astronomical in price). "No, I'm wearing it. I'm using it." then came the barrage of, "Pls?", "Pls??", "Pls??!?". I said no one last time, left and put them on my ignore list. Begging's bad, but being too lazy to go to your inteded victim and making them come to you is even worse.

Wow, that's a pretty bad scenario you were in. It reminded me having been invited into a game by a "friend" and then being asked to spare them $3K to pot up. Go sell some drops! I too tend to ignore the pleas for gold while in town.

Zerious
02-16-2011, 01:04 PM

so that's why there's been lots of charity around.... I knew there was a catch, I knew it...

Zerious
02-16-2011, 01:15 PM
btw if i go and transfer funds to my twinking bird (also my CS mule) I'll always get hit with "You look cool." I pretend I speak only spanish, because last time I said "Thank you :)" the begging began.

Now it's:

Noob: Can I have moneys plz?
Me: Eh?
Noob: Moneys, I'm poor
Me: Que quires nuevito? (nuevito is the closest translation to "Noob")
Noob: Huh? I don't speak Spanish.
Me: Ohhh no hablas espanol eh?
Noob: no habla (correct grammar would be no hablo)
Me: Ohh so sory, No hablo Ingles por nada. (don't speak english at all)
Me: Mi amigo se miro este juego y mi encanta. (Friend showed me this game and I love it)
Me: Tiene un buen dia nuevito. (Have a good day noob)

No begging after that lol

StompArtist
02-16-2011, 01:29 PM
btw if i go and transfer funds to my twinking bird (also my CS mule) I'll always get hit with "You look cool." I pretend I speak only spanish, because last time I said "Thank you :)" the begging began.

Now it's:

Noob: Can I have moneys plz?
Me: Eh?
Noob: Moneys, I'm poor
Me: Que quires nuevito? (nuevito is the closest translation to "Noob")
Noob: Huh? I don't speak Spanish.
Me: Ohhh no hablas espanol eh?
Noob: no habla (correct grammar would be no hablo)
Me: Ohh so sory, No hablo Ingles por nada. (don't speak english at all)
Me: Mi amigo se miro este juego y mi encanta. (Friend showed me this game and I love it)
Me: Tiene un buen dia nuevito. (Have a good day noob)

No begging after that lol

Así que, ¿podría repuesto alrededor de diez mil de oro. por favor, me fue hackeado!

Zerious
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Así que, ¿podría repuesto alrededor de diez mil de oro. por favor, me fue hackeado!

Bajajajaja!!

RedRyder
02-16-2011, 01:39 PM
haha w00tz more spanish people ^_^. im gonna try the spanish get up as well. muchisimas gracias!

Barbamitsos
02-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Welcome to Hobo Castle, Fort Begstone

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6005/img0021p.png

Enjoy your stay, and please don't feed the beggars. :p

only 3? ur so lucky

Zerious
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
only 3? ur so lucky

that's the point

ultimateduck
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
I find the best thing to do is wear nothing but the level 1 worn bow. Instant solution to spam friend requests and begging :D

Zerious
02-16-2011, 02:03 PM
I find the best thing to do is wear nothing but the level 1 worn bow. Instant solution to spam friend requests and begging :D

at least the begging part...

StompArtist
02-16-2011, 02:05 PM

You using that bow?

ultimateduck
02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
at least the begging part...

It kind of solves the friend requests for me, turns the usual 15 or so into about 2 or 3

ultimateduck
02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
You using that bow?

Lol, only in towns when I'm feeling pretty annoyed with beggars. Definitely not in dungeons

Zerious
02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Lol, only in towns when I'm feeling pretty annoyed with beggars. Definitely not in dungeons

ikr, excellent M/s on that bow :D

ultimateduck
02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
ikr, excellent M/s on that bow :D

Astounding damage too...

Dizzy
02-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I really wish there was a radio silence feature -- no tells, no friend requests, just a big bubble over the toon's head that says NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY WAND OR GOLD.

ultimateduck
02-16-2011, 04:53 PM
I really wish there was a radio silence feature -- no tells, no friend requests, just a big bubble over the toon's head that says NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY WAND OR GOLD.

You should make a thread about this in suggestions and feedback. I think it's a really good idea 

Zerious
02-16-2011, 05:16 PM

Like an "Ignore everything" button? That's such a boss idea... seriously

Palyna
02-16-2011, 08:12 PM
I just had a person wanting to trade the creepy doll that I am using. Been asked many times. its so obvious that i am using it.

Zerious
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I just had a person wanting to trade the creepy doll that I am using. Been asked many times. its so obvious that i am using it.

"oh you can just use a gurg eye"

NO BIZNITCH YOU CAN USE THE DRIPPIN' EYE!!

Dizzy
02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
What are people thinking when offer to buy gear you're already wearing, especially if it's top gear? Do they think you dressed in your Sunday best to go shopping at the ol' CS? Doesn't it cross their minds if I'm level 50 and in Shadow gear, I'm using it? I baffled at the number of people who spam offers to buy my gear when I've done nothing to indicate it's for sale and am in fact standing in the corner away from everyone minding my own business.

And of course if I engage them, they want to pay the princely sum of 2k for my Glow Stick.

WhoIsThis
02-16-2011, 09:05 PM
What is funny is that I once saw someone begging for an hour straight. I decided to ask how much they made begging. They said a few thousand. Even funnier is that if they had spent that time farming, they would have made several times that amount.

I'm still trying to figure out why random people spam friend requests to me. Maybe they just look at people and if they are wearing end-game equipment, they spam friend requests.

Zerious
02-16-2011, 11:28 PM
And of course if I engage them, they want to pay the princely sum of 2k for my Glow Stick.

lol OMG i had that EXACT offer for mine XD

Zerious
02-16-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why random people spam friend requests to me. Maybe they just look at people and if they are wearing end-game equipment, they spam friend requests.

can you type "Mynas Gen"?

Militaryman
02-16-2011, 11:43 PM
The worst is when you're lone... We were having a party for him reaching 56 and at least 7 people said, "Hey lone your 56 u must be rich can u spear me some gold? I only want 50k" with that spelling

WhoIsThis
02-17-2011, 12:30 AM
The worst is when you're lone... We were having a party for him reaching 56 and at least 7 people said, "Hey lone your 56 u must be rich can u spear me some gold? I only want 50k" with that spelling

I can't imagine what it would be like if I were popular.

Gold isn't that hard to get (just time consuming) and in many cases, time spent begging could have been spent earning gold the proper way, not to mention levelling.

wolfendragon
02-17-2011, 12:41 AM
I hate when they pm me and they don't know me begging for gold or gear.

Otukura
02-17-2011, 12:47 AM

I'm not even kidding... that sounds like how cheese talks... remember? lol

davidis57
02-17-2011, 08:09 AM
In the past few days 5 low lvl bears asked me for a gun...lol

wolfendragon
02-17-2011, 10:42 AM
In the past few days 5 low lvl bears asked me for a gun...lol

Really they asked usually its GIVE ME A GUN that I see

Duke
02-17-2011, 10:51 AM

+1

I don't even consider a friend request unless it comes from someone I've played through enough of a tough level to know that they're a good team player. All others get rejected without thought.

CanonicalKoi
02-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Like killing the Keeper, having aggro, so you're hitting the health button frequently and someone in the group has the spare time to spam you with, "What bow is that? Where did you get it?" "Can I have it?" or the ever-popular, "Give me (item that you're wearing/using)". 12 (!) people yesterday demanded the blue antenna Diffie was wearing. *stands with stunned look on face*

Kujen
02-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah I get a lot of friend requests too and I usually reject if they are below 50, sometimes reject if we arent in a group or haven't been playing together much. Sometimes I wonder tho, maybe that person is really cool and could have become a good friend. But I have a feeling its more likely that if I accept them they will just beg me for gold, gear, or powerleveling. So, sorry potential and could-have-been friends, many bad apples do spoil the bunch.

The antenna questions get annoying too. I hardly wear mine anymore. It just gets tiring having to explain "it was a special event", "they aren't doing it anymore", "they're no-trade".

Tengotengo
02-17-2011, 02:32 PM
ugh yea, I agree with all of this. I only take friend requests in dungeons when doing turn and burns anymore, and I seldom friend under 50. I'm sorta getting fed up with a player I work with who's under 50 and is begging for gold as a hotkey.

I was in a dungeon with my bird, and entered wearing my Sentinel helm, then loaded out to Wraith. Immediately a random 50 friends me then starts begging to wear the helm. I ended up defriending him in the level...what's to stop him from immediately going to begstone and auctioning it? Please...

Also, I'm thinking of hotkeying "go farm it yourself like I did". I have good gear, but I farmed 2 vyx helms for the majority of it, or liquidated through 10 levels of CTK and VL. As of right now i've been saving up for Sentinel Armor for what...3 weeks now? I've just crested 129 in the bank. Maybe someone will buy my Raid hat in the auction and get me rolling....anyway, the point is, no way I'm giving money to anyone in a game this easy to farm in.

CanonicalKoi
02-17-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't mind if they ask where I got them--they don't know and I'm happy to answer. It was more that every comment was, "Give me....." What the heck? My usual response is just, "no". If the comment is "I want your.....", it's "And I want a pony, but one hasn't dropped yet" and then slip away while they stand there confused.

Fyrce
02-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't mind telling people where things drop either. There's nothing wrong with them trying to farm it for themselves or making it a future goal for their character.

I just wonder about all the players who don't seem to WANT to drop anything. It's a bit strange because it makes me wonder why they're online. Isn't running dungeons and dropping items a major part of the fun of this game?

Oh well. I also friend only in dungeons during runs pretty much and someone begging in dungeons really turns me off. I even find selling in dungeons a bit of a turn-off. Not as annoying as begging though.

StompArtist
02-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Oh well. I also friend only in dungeons during runs pretty much and someone begging in dungeons really turns me off. I even find selling in dungeons a bit of a turn-off. Not as annoying as begging though.

Begging in dungeons makes me either leave or boot. It is one of the few things I have no patience for.

Zeus
02-18-2011, 04:06 AM
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/c439b2d6.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/b9f4ead7.jpg

Found these pretty hilarious. Looks like the beggars have gotten more demanding!
Oh and we misunderstood them! All the beggars are now in an organization called the "Red Cross". Not sure if you have heard of it ;). I heard they reach out pretty far but never knew they branched out ALL THE WAY TO POCKET LEGENDS!

Zerious
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/c439b2d6.jpg

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z355/rangepwnsmeel/b9f4ead7.jpg

found these pretty hilarious. Looks like the beggars have gotten more demanding!
Oh and we misunderstood them! All the beggars are now in an organization called the "red cross". Not sure if you have heard of it ;). I heard they reach out pretty far but never knew they branched out all the way to pocket legends!

lol wooow pa-friggin'-thetic!

Zeus
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
lol wooow pa-friggin'-thetic!

Ya one of them told me they were the red cross and I had to donate. LOL!

KingFu
02-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Reach into your heart, or reach into your inventory?;)

I hate seeing beggars though, I can understand the occasional "can someone lend/give me 1K to list something in cs?" but the full on "Free items and gold pls!!!!" spamming gets very annoying....

namehere
02-18-2011, 11:19 PM
lol i thought u just spelled balestone wrong lol

Wrap
02-18-2011, 11:25 PM
Haha nice screen shot xD

if people need something specific I usually give it to them, as long as it's within reason. Like, "hey can I have ___ so I can get a ___"

If it's for a good reason I don't mind, but consistent beggars should learn that it is more profitable and easy to farm some items and sell them for money then sit everyday in Balefort ^_^

Zeus
02-18-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't mind gifting either, but you must ask it in a certain way, or it probably won't happen.

Slush
02-19-2011, 03:29 AM
lol @ masterchief