PDA

View Full Version : Become a ‘Guardian of Alterra’ and Earn a Highly Exclusive Community Shield!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cassric
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
This program is no longer being used

Spacetime Studios is proud to unveil a special Pocket Legends community program: the Guardians of Alterra.

What are they? Simply put, Guardians of Alterra are players of Pocket Legends and contributing members of the community that have distinguished themselves as a valuable player to both Spacetime Studios and to other Pocket Legends players.

How are Guardians distinguished from other players? We have designed a very unique and special shield for Guardians. Players wearing the shield below have distinguished themselves in the world of Alterra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxAqKSwc1Bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxAqKSwc1Bk

How do I become a Guardian of Alterra? Guardians are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

Becoming a Guardian of Alterra is not something that you can ask or apply for. It is given to those who do good stuff without expecting recognition.

The following individuals are Guardians of Alterra. In the future, we will announce more as this will be an ongoing program.

(In no particular order)

Yanisa (Yanis on forums)
Kalielle
Orei
Physiologic
Royce
Arterra
Snakespeare
Fluffnstuff
Kingrichie
Chadm
Wrap
DanielRH
RedRyder
Mysticaldream
Ellyidol
Apollo
CowboyJim
DawnInfinity
Redbridge
Ayrilana
Petrichor
WoundedEagle
Otukura
JaytB
CrimsonTider
Conradin
Navygreen
Darkfader
AbsolutePally
Chickenrunnn
Siejo

Congratulations!!

And a VERY Special thanks to Yanis, who will also receive the ultra-rare and coveted Shield of Legends for his tireless work in cataloging every Pink item in the game (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?16-Trader-s-Market).

---------------------------

Also note, there is a sister program for Community Members who distinguish themselves in Star Legends, The Star Guard. For more information about the Star Guard, please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37440

*Please note, we reserve the right to remove the status and Community Shield at our discretion if a player commits actions not in keeping with the spirit of the program or in contravention of our terms of use.

Major
02-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Nice Congrats guys!

Cascade
02-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Hm...Sounds interesting...Congratz on winning guys! When will you be announcing more? P.S Who is Kelielle?

Physiologic
02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh wow - definitely feelin' the love! Thanks, this was totally unexpected! :D

Cascade
02-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Yes, It was....

DawnInfinity
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Yay! Congratulations, guys! You totally deserve it.

EDIT: Extra congrats for Yanis!

Royce
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM
This is an awesome idea, and I'm very proud to be a part of it. This game is excellent, but what makes it exceptional is the great community, which is largely fostered by the great interaction with the developers. A program like this can only make our already top-notch community even better ;)

Ellyidol
02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Congratulations guys! No doubt you guys deserve this, I personally have learned a lot from you guys :)

Cascade
02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I apologize for what i was saying in the chatbox im over it now Congratulations to everyone that got nominated and will get nominated :)

Yanis
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Thank you Spacetime!!! You made my day! I agree with Royce that it's the community that makes PL what it is. I hope the list of recipients grows.

Now back to 4246/83840...

Ellyidol
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Guess this gives more reason to do a 55 Dual Spec Guide ;)

(if its even possible, out of topic)

Sanatorium
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Congratulations guys, thanks for everything you've done :D.

Cabero
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
I agree with Banned on the part that Rangepwnsmeel should definitely be on that list. He is always very helpful and courteous to others on the forums and in game.

Kossi
02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
time to up my helping skills!

Lesrider
02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree... Ranged totally deserves one. I don't think he has a single enemy on here -- he's friends with everyone, even the sworn enemies.

Ona
02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Today, let's just be happy for those who have been rewarded. For what I have seen so far, they all fully deserve it. Congratulations!

And for those who have been "forgotten", they have now a goal to reach. For the benefit of all the community.

DawnInfinity
02-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Today, let's just be happy for those who have been rewarded. For what I have seen so far, they all fully deserve it. Congratulations!

And for those who have been "forgotten", they have now a goal to reach. For the benefit of all the community.

I totally agree with you, Ona.

MoarPewPew
02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Congratz!!!!! Everyone on that list deserves it!!!

Keep up the great work!

likwid
02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
This is great incentive to anyone that enjoys this game. Congrats guys.

RedRyder
02-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Why is anyone getting butt hurt over not getting a shield??? Get over it and congratulate those who have. They very much deserve it, especially yanis physiologic and royce. Now anyone else pushing to be nice is obviously gonna be doing it for the shield. These guys did it without having any type of reward in mind.

fnalos28
02-11-2011, 07:59 PM
wow sweet!

FluffNStuff
02-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Wow, just want to say thanks, and congratulations to all the other current AND future recipients! Will post some pictures of hunnyhelper later, my new level 5 PVE Twink / Crafter / new player supplier.

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Dude... cool! Congratulations, y'all :) Makes me wish I was helpful lolol

Lesrider
02-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow, just want to say thanks, and congratulations to all the other current AND future recipients! Will post some pictures of hunnyhelper later, my new level 5 PVE Twink / Crafter / new player supplier.

Grats Fluff! And you need to update your sig ;)

Redbridge
02-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Congrats folks. had a day off my own XP today and spent several hours helping out newbies but don't think I'll make it to the dizzy heights of you folks. True commitment.

helping out newbies was actually lots of fun.....

Thanks to each of you for all the hard work you continue to put in.

Xymorg
02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Congrats to you all!

I don't play enough to expect to know all of you, but the ones I do know by reputation & your forum posts are clearly a core group of A+++ would buy again community contributors.

I'm a bit meh on the idea that it's some sort of ongoing program, though. It seems like the kind of thing that overtly trying to acheive should automatically DQ you for. Keep it pure & make it something different if you decide to recognize future people. If the guy who came up with the titles associated with the "x kills Desvastatrix!" notices is still around, uniqueness shouldn't be a problem.

Some of the snarkier folk here are pretty entertaining. I'm not brave enough to name any names, but trolling a community recognition thread like this one is a pretty impressive move... Obviously the prize for the fun trolls would be less noble, something like a "Wit-Like Rapier" or a "Concerning Helm of the Concern Troll" & outright trolling will still just get you Banned so there has to be some skill involved.

The community neither needs, nor really has room for another Royce or Yanis. Those spots are filled quite nicely.

Assbug
02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
this seems rigged!

Zeus
02-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Congratulations to everybody who got that shield! You all deserve it! Big Props to you all!

Phoenixking
02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Looks like yanis has 2sheilds and kalielie or sonething

Ellyidol
02-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Looks like yanis has 2sheilds and kalielie or sonething

Nah I think they're just mentioned here since they already got a shield from the video contest :)

Phoenixking
02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Nah I think they're just mentioned here since they already got a shield from the video contest :)

Oh yea cause oarie was there too

Cabero
02-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Why is anyone getting butt hurt over not getting a shield??? Get over it and congratulate those who have. They very much deserve it, especially yanis physiologic and royce. Now anyone else pushing to be nice is obviously gonna be doing it for the shield. These guys did it without having any type of reward in mind.

I never implied they didn't and Ranged has already done it. But yes grats to all who did get it.

Can we see what the shield of legends looks like? Also Yanis should get a special forum avatar also imo.

Kingofhurtz
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Wewt wewt!!! Congratulations to everyone!!!!

Oh and I also have a recommendation: DanielRH

Cheesecakess
02-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Grats guys
U earned it! :)
Also Big grats to yanis!

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Wewt wewt!!! Congratulations to everyone!!!!

Oh and I also have a recommendation: DanielRH

he deserves it imo..but every link on his site is 404 page not found...

Kingofhurtz
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
he deserves it imo..but every link on his site is 404 page not found...

Yeah but still, he put a ton of work into it. Haven't seen him on here or in PL in at least three weeks...

Prest87
02-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Gratz all!!!!!

Yanis
02-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I never implied they didn't and Ranged has already done it. But yes grats to all who did get it.

Can we see what the shield of legends looks like? Also Yanis should get a special forum avatar also imo.

I love my avatar...my left arm is a little sore though from all the waving...

Artemis
02-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Gee i wonder why i didnt get chosen *sarcasm:)

No one answer that they might not know about some things :P

Echelong
02-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Congrats guys!!!!

Zeus
02-12-2011, 12:26 AM

One question? What did you mean by ranged already did? Not sure lol. And search for the thread called Level 1 Pink. That's how the shield of legends looks like.

Thelonearcher
02-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Sigh.......

Darkchylde
02-12-2011, 02:06 AM
congrats to all y'all ..you all deserve it...although i moved on from Pocket Legends for awhile an took a break i still visit the towns an say hi every now an again an also visit these wonderful forums and read them i love the forums,but i got spacetime studios blessings when i decided i would take a break, im playin ther friends game DC online universe an diggin it, well anyway another congrats to all y'all

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
02-12-2011, 02:26 AM
sigh......... CONGRATZ

superglut2
02-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Congrats guys

Siejo
02-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Congrats to all the first round of winners. I am glad they started this. I am always in there really late and the convos that go on are really not appropriate and relevant to the game. I try to report em as i see em. Some of us really enjoy the game and intend to defend it as best that we can.

King Richie
02-12-2011, 07:09 AM
OMG yay!!!!!

Edit .... Id like to thank my mom , my dad , annd my dog .... haha jk Congratz everyone !! =)

BlasterBird
02-12-2011, 08:28 AM
All those people definitely deserved it! Especially yanis for all his hard work in the pink stats. Although, this may make more people want to buckle and end up whining because "they did evrythng 2 gte sheild!". Just be prepared for this devs ;)

Arterra
02-12-2011, 09:36 AM
i got bored, check facebok, see something cool on PL page, click on it, noticed i got something.
worth logging back on IMO

edit: so worth deciding to compete with royce, and later Phar, to answer as many newb questions as possible
also, reading a little, yes banned i do spamalot. but elswhere i give out info. evens out

editedit: pity i cant log into the game itself and show off tho... maybe next week

Grankledude
02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Congratz to all winners! Keep it up guys!

Snakespeare
02-12-2011, 11:01 AM
So it's like a knightly order, I guess, and this is our code:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.
• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

Wow, that is a lot to live up to. Thank you very much for including me in this group. I know my failings well, and it is always a worry for me that I might stumble.

I was embarrassed to be selected. It's a huge honor. I certainly owe a debt of gratitude to many players in this game.

Coming up, I don't know how I would have figured anything out without Royce. Man, you can ask that guy anything and he usually steers you in the right direction. I think he was wrong once, but it was so long ago I can't remember.

FluffnStuff, too, has been so helpful to me that, again, I would still be trying to figure out some of the stuff he taught me. Fluff rules the chatbox, and for good reason!

Some players who are now gone deserve thanks: ViolentSaint, Furrawn and Habanerobird (happy valentine's day to you two!), Brian from the UK (has a name like bmc85uk? aka Herzie), Dizko had so many posts for young birds. Thanks Volksy and Zek.

Other birds who helped me understand playing were TheLoneArcher, Rangepwnsmeel (now Apollo), Rauen, KingofHurtz, and KingRichie.

Thank you MysticalDream for your friendship and entertaining posts, as well as Arterra for entertaining posts. You really add to the community here!

I want to thank Chickdigcookies (Holybean) for being a solid friend.

I want to thank new friends such as Romgar and mycroft.

BeardedBear, thank you for months of chatbox companionship, and keeping my statements correct.

Also, Lesrider for lively arguments. I guess they got too lively at times, but you have never been a phony to me and I am glad you are here.

To my fellow northwestern US player, the funkiest monk in Cascadia, thank you, too, for friendship. We do live in paradise, the only rainforest in the temperate zone, and we gotta stick together.

Thanks Kalielle for some great playing sessions and posts. I have been playing lowbies lately so we haven't gotten to run together in a while, but I look forward to future runs. Now we're knighted. Go figure!

I'd also like to thank Cabero for encouraging "hardcore" play. I thought I was alone in this, and because of you I now have some others to measure myself against.

Speaking of which, thanks to Lovenus for setting marks I don't think I can ever reach.

Thanks to the chatters in the chatbox, too, like DawnInfinity, ChadM, Kossi. Your chat has helped me through many boring days at work.

I hope I have not forgotten anyone, but I probably did. A community by definition is made up of many people, and everyone in some way contributes. So thank you to everyone. If I did forget anyone specifically, I will edit this.

I'll try to live up to this honor. Thank you again.

Oooh!!! I forgot to thank the devs! LOL!

(but now the band is starting to play and the mic is sinking to the floor so thank you, thank y....)

Conradin
02-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Where's arterra and richie? We needa throw a party!!! Graz to all of you. Guys- I've seen all the contributions you have done to help the gaming experience! Tho I might say- I think lesrider deserves to be a guardian.

DanielRH
02-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys, but I don't care if I get the community shield or not, I'll continue to help anyways!!!

O and kossi, the site is built in Ajax, you have to go to it and then keep it open in that same tab, you can't click open in new tab.

Thanks king, and yea I'm here :) haven't been on much cause I'm developing/bug testing the stat calculator that's being added to the plguide soon...

Iambirdman
02-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Oh wow this is cool, congrats!!

Kingofhurtz
02-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Snake you reminded me of someone I completely forgot about but owe alot to!!! Volksy... He taught me everything I know about pvp. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Cabero
02-12-2011, 03:00 PM
One question? What did you mean by ranged already did? Not sure lol. And search for the thread called Level 1 Pink. That's how the shield of legends looks like.

Redryder said people will only help now just to get a shield. I meant you been helping people without looking for a reward. Before anyone knew you could get a shield for it.

Edit: you can't search level "1" pink. Search box won't accept "1"

KingGiant
02-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Been shadowing the forums for a while now. These guys all def deserve this award!

Magicalbanana
02-12-2011, 03:49 PM
congrats royce! you'd be my number one pick you've helped me out a lot and make feel experienced! you deserve ! congrats to the rest

Zeus
02-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Snake you reminded me of someone I completely forgot about but owe alot to!!! Volksy... He taught me everything I know about pvp. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Volksy quit but his brother Dynastu still plays. I liked Volksy as a friend too.

nazgulking
02-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Congratulations, guys! I also like to help the new comers, only that i do it concealed by the shadows :P And some suggestion here and there in the appropriate box :)

Kossi
02-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Pocket legends just when I was playing Some guy said that he knew everything about this game so I said just because u won a pl shield doesn't mean u know everything then he said he reported me for abussive comments and then I said I was gonna report him for False reporting then i asked him wat I said wat was abusive and he didn't reply I just wanted to let u know
-Blindingmerc Dexmage

Guy who false reported is - Kingrichie please look over the convo

kingrichie??

Kossi
02-12-2011, 06:30 PM
i wonder when the next batch of recievers are out >.>

Lesrider
02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
i wonder when the next batch of recievers are out >.>

If it's going to people's heads like that (hope it's not true), then probably never.

Kossi
02-12-2011, 06:35 PM
In the future, we will announce more as this will be an ongoing program.

i think they will make more..in a long time though

Lesrider
02-12-2011, 06:39 PM
i think they will make more..in a long time though

Yes, as long as people don't abuse it. If it becomes an ugly thing, I don't think they'll want to expand it.

Kossi
02-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes, as long as people don't abuse it. If it becomes an ugly thing, I don't think they'll want to expand it.

its easy to tell if someone is just posting to get the shield... but it will take ALOT of stupid posts to get that shield...powerposting gets you shame... for example: nice cat cool photos very cool Those are examples of pointless posts, and the devs dont care for them

Zeus
02-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Pocket legends just when I was playing Some guy said that he knew everything about this game so I said just because u won a pl shield doesn't mean u know everything then he said he reported me for abussive comments and then I said I was gonna report him for False reporting then i asked him wat I said wat was abusive and he didn't reply I just wanted to let u know
-Blindingmerc Dexmage

Guy who false reported is - Kingrichie please look over the convo

Understand that the developers can look back into game chat logs can validate or invalidate this claim. If you are caught lying. Doesn't really look too good for you. King Richie is a respected member of these forums and it is pretty unwise to call him publicly without some solid evidence. Even then the evidence may be corrupt, and used to make him look bad.

Lesrider
02-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Understand that the developers can look back into game chat logs can validate or invalidate this claim. If you are caught lying. Doesn't really look too good for you. King Richie is a respected member of these forums and it is pretty unwise to call him publicly without some solid evidence. Even then the evidence may be corrupt, and used to make him look bad.

Since none of us actually know what happened, I would refrain from taking sides or calling anyone out. Let the chat logs speak for themselves, and if he is lying, he has what's coming to him. But until we know he's lying, can't really say.

Still, I do agree it's in bad taste to post it publicly instead of simply reporting it to a dev.

Zeus
02-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I did refrain from taking sides though :), I just let him know the possible consequences if he was lying :). Bit wordy but that's law and politicians for you :p.

Magicalbanana
02-12-2011, 07:33 PM
does this mean the crafter in forest haven is a distinguished member of the society/ forums?

Zeus
02-12-2011, 07:35 PM
does this mean the crafter in forest haven is a distinguished member of the society/ forums?

Lol, me thinks it's thade in disguise :P.

ballersburden
02-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Yanis and Physiologic are amazing... honestly.

Orei
02-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Erm, Orei doesn't do jack feces, and Arterra(no offense) just spams, and Kelielle made one video. Also, why in hell aren't Lesrider(annoying, but actually gives interesting input) , or Rangepwnsmeele(most law abiding citizen ever) up there?

Hello? Have I done or said anything offensive to you? Why do you make such a statement about me or the rest? I didnt ask for the shield. The video i made was mainly to help new players. If you are unhappy, you could ask the devs to remove my shield.

Think before you post in the future. I am very annoyed after reading this.

Zeus
02-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Hello? Have I done or said anything offensive to you? Why do you make such a statement about me or the rest? I didnt ask for the shield. The video i made was mainly to help new players. If you are unhappy, you could ask the devs to remove my shield.

Think before you post in the future. I am very annoyed after reading this.

I believe there was a confusion in which he though you were awarded ANOTHER shield, as many of us though the players listed were, as it sure looked like it. I believe that's why he got annoyed :).

MissMage
02-12-2011, 11:54 PM
These is just stupid -.- instead of handeding out sheilds and prizes should have worked harder on new wep skins and gear for sewers -.- all tht crap is the same come out with somtin new and polished.

Ladylove
02-12-2011, 11:56 PM
These is just stupid -.- instead of handeding out sheilds and prizes should have worked harder on new wep skins and gear for sewers -.- all tht crap is the same come out with somtin new and polished.

Party pooper.

MissMage
02-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I speak the truth.

Ladylove
02-13-2011, 12:01 AM
I speak the truth.

Meh. Just one kind of shield distributed to a small group of people. Probably not a painstaking process.

Lesrider
02-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah I don't think their giving out community shields affected the designs of the new equipment...

MissMage
02-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Still all im trying to say is the small things look like there more worked on then the big stuff i mean look at the valintine gear tht stuffs way cooler then the sewers gear witch is all orginal stuff but diffrent colors.

KaotiicxDream
02-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Gratz guys ! And Nice job :D

Militaryman
02-13-2011, 03:00 AM
Congratz guys! Although honestly I haven't seen Orei input much (NO OFFENSE DUDE) Fill me in on some of that. And why am I not on the list? Jk

Zeus
02-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Congratz guys! Although honestly I haven't seen Orei input much (NO OFFENSE DUDE) Fill me in on some of that. And why am I not on the list? Jk

Orei won it because he got runner's up in the video contest.

Militaryman
02-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Orei won it because he got runner's up in the video contest.

Ah ok... Good job dude!

Oh yeah, when's that video coming out Parth? I want to hear your Indian accent

Zeus
02-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Ah ok... Good job dude!

Oh yeah, when's that video coming out Parth? I want to hear your Indian accent

Ugh fine! I want to do a VoiceOver but I lose HD if I do :(. Trying to debate.

Arterra
02-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Ugh fine! I want to do a VoiceOver but I lose HD if I do :(. Trying to debate.

two versions! we play them at same time!!

Militaryman
02-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah! Thatll be awesome!

Zeus
02-13-2011, 12:33 PM
two versions! we play them at same time!!

Hmm... That would work. I could make a voice included video guide and then the norm guide. I'll ponder on it after I get back from the gym.

Militaryman
02-13-2011, 12:38 PM
No no no just make an MP3 file of you talking, and the video.

Zeus
02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
No no no just make an MP3 file of you talking, and the video.

I'lll try and do a voice over right now if my parent's bollywood movie ever stops playing :(. Unless y'all like bollywood movies playing in the background.

Militaryman
02-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Bollywood is good

Hey it rhymes!

BeardedBear
02-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Been out of the loop for the past few days, but congrats to all the winners!

wolfendragon
02-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Gongrats to the guardians hope to join them soon

CanonicalKoi
02-14-2011, 09:37 AM
I hadn't been on the forums in a bit so my apologies for being late, but congratulations!!!! Woot!!! And yes, Daniel and Range definitely deserves one in the next go 'round. Can I still hang with some of you now that you're famous? *worries*. ;)

relayer
02-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Congrats guys! Well deserved.

Thade
02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Gratz guys, you really add to the game!

Addicted
02-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Wow, that's really cool guys. Yanis and the others are very deserving.

Yanis, your work is unbelievable!
Physiologic, the work you have put into the guides, and breaking down the math of all the skills, etc. is awsome.
The rest of you, I feel like I know from reading all of your forum posts that have been helpful and entertaining. I don't post often, but I have spent countless hours on the forums reading and learning the game so thank you all.

-Addicted

Wrap
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Congrats! Well earned and deserved ;)

Cassric
02-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Big congrats, and trust us, we'll be adding folks on a regular basis and we'll make posts about them too. :)

You guys and gals are great, and it's because of you that we're inspired to do this!

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Big congrats, and trust us, we'll be adding folks on a regular basis and we'll make posts about them too. :)

You guys and gals are great, and it's because of you that we're inspired to do this!
Wooo, community based game ftw :D.

Zeus
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM

On a regular basis? Oo, I love me a community focused game!

TheLaw
02-15-2011, 01:50 AM
I'd like to recommend Wauesue for this, he really contributed a lot to the society!

Zeus
02-15-2011, 02:09 AM
I'd like to recommend Wauesue for this, he really contributed a lot to the society!

It's a girl :p

Jownz
02-15-2011, 10:10 AM
lol he is a she way to go

Tarkemelion
02-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Zeusofire is a great perin in pl but doesnt have a forums account (very helpful and kind) I'd like to give a great thanks to zeusofire.

giayuan
02-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Great job guys! You guys helped me myself too ;D especially yanis; im always looking at your lists for reference =)

Tengotengo
02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
took me a while to get to seeing this, but congrats to all of you!

Artemis
02-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Forgot to ask but Do we get second chances? Like Pretend im a terrible sportsman and yell at everyone. Will i still have a chance if be good starting now?

Zeus
02-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Forgot to ask but Do we get second chances? Like Pretend im a terrible sportsman and yell at everyone. Will i still have a chance if be good starting now?

Most probably. Never too late to start :p

KingFu
02-17-2011, 07:25 PM

I'm sure you can, but try to be helpful for the sake of the community rather than a prize;)

Artemis
02-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Ill work on it :P

Snakespeare
02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't think it's about being "good". Let me quote:

How do I become a Guardian of Alterra? Guardians are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

So, first, they want feedback. We do know that they listen. They also want feedback a certain way, as in save the drama for your mama. That' why it says "constructive" twice. In this regard, it would not be wise to encourage a troll to say that the devs are "ruining the game" and so forth, or to threaten to quit if the devs don't make some sort of change that benefits you economically. That's not feedback, it's whining, and there is a lot of it going around. Arguing against other people's feedback by calling them names or in other ways deriding them is another thing that happens too much. New players, especially, are going to say things we've said months ago, and telling them just get over it noob is really anti-community. So the opposites are better. Encourage feedback, don't criticize it. If I disagree about some nerf the devs have done, I should stay level-headed in my opinion. I should remember that, if someone disagrees with me, their opinion is equal to mine, and it is up to the devs to figure out what to do with both points of view.

Second, they mention reporting. I do report offensive things. I am not a saint. My poetry is really for the 18+ crowd. But I find racism offensive and always report it, as well as any anti-women derogatory talk. I don't report the occasional slip when someone can't resist a swear word when something doesn't work out. That would be hypocritical of me. I am like the Dad in Christmas Story and his furnace sometimes, and I can forgive a lot of that. But hate is intolerable and I do report it whenever I see it. I have also reported threads when one teenage boy insults another teenage boy by implying that he is gay. I imagine other people who were given shields have reported things that are different from what I have reported, but apparently that is part of the expectation.

Third they listed player run events. Since I never did one of these, I think it expands actually to information collection and distribution, too. I am no sure what I have done in this area to merit a shield, so I will guess. I think possibly my old thread called "Why I disabled XP on some characters" was probably the first post encouraging PvE twinking, and we are now finding that low level farming is based around PvE twinking. Another whole set of posts I made concerned sportsmanship and netiquette in public maps. We all know that Yanis got one for second place in a contest, but I am sure he would have gotten one anyway because of his willingness to share information.

And lastly, there's "be helpful". Well, we all know this is why Royce got one, and Fluff, too. Theres probably no better way to explain the concept than to say, let these guys be your role models.

So that's it. It's not really about "being good". That should be the normal condition. It is about going above and beyond. And I agree that several more folks go above and beyond. But I think suggesting names should be done in PMs to the devs. And when you do make these back-channel suggestions, give good reasons based on these points. I was told "we have our list, but we are open to suggestions", so do suggest! Just be sure to build a good case. The person you are suggesting is worth the effort, right?

romgar1
02-18-2011, 03:25 PM
This would be a great place to close this thread. Devs delete my post here and let snakespears words end this thread on a great and informative note. He deserves half a shield for that one post.

giayuan
02-23-2011, 09:50 AM
off topic but, notice how its always a str shield? ;D

Militaryman
02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
It's not really a str shield, it looks like one, but the only requirement is lvl 1

Engelhard
02-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Congrats guys....thanx for helping make this a better game.....Pocket Legends is the Best

Engelhard
02-25-2011, 12:15 PM
yes do what is right....what goes around comes around always.......remember treat others the way u would want to be treated......have fun and game on :) #pocketlegends

Engelhard
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM
true gamers hit me up lets do runs all night...find some 55 pinks and get 56 im rdy Obamahealth

Hayabusaz
03-04-2011, 06:15 AM
1 - Done

2 - Done

3 - Done

4 - Done

I Can Be One ............................. ^^

KingFu
03-04-2011, 06:39 AM
1 - Done

2 - Done

3 - Done

4 - Done

A lot of people have done what is listed, but it is for those who have gone above and beyond. Honestly, at the moment, I don't think anyone deserves it other than Ellyidol and Rangepwnsmeel (no offense to anyone else) I feel they deserve it, and have done what the kite asks, and then some. Other than that, no one comes to mind that really truly deserves one. I know I don't.

Engelhard
03-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Thank you Spacetime!!! You made my day! I agree with Royce that it's the community that makes PL what it is. I hope the list of recipients grows.

Now back to 4246/83840...

Thanks for all your hardwork Yanis.....We (pocket legends community) all appreciate your hard work. Amazing

Zerious
03-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Main ones I agree who deserved it:

Physiologic
Yanis
KingRitchie
Royce
Snakespeare

these guys I can tell from a personal experience are really nice people in general and don't think they'll ever lose their shields :)

superss
03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
i agree on making thelonearcher a gaurdian he is awesome and very nice!

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 11:28 PM
I hear a lot of bad stories about lone, but I don't see it. The first time I ever met lone, he helped me improve my mage combo. I mean really, what kind of PvP'er takes time during a PvP match to give a noob PvP'er advice? +1 Respect.

azulflame
03-27-2011, 07:13 PM

Maye for you, but I just saw this thread after 2 weeks on the forum, and saw this coming a mile away.

RedRyder
03-28-2011, 12:34 AM
danielrh and i are missing from the list lol..

Snub
03-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Hayabusaz...

Whats with your Sig? ""All i want , is to pass a good year in pocket legends , no fights between each others , we are the biggest community ever . Love you guys .""

Sry man, thats just over the top... Unless your female, then it's understood.

Frenzyn
03-31-2011, 04:59 PM
1 - Done

2 - Done

3 - Done

4 - Done

Your starting to irritate the devs, and me... I've seen you ask for it like 3 times, to be honest with you and i know the devs verdict, you almost just ensured yourself
not to be one... Just ask one of the other GoA's... They are the people who know how to be nice, patient and friendly. Parth would be the best one, imo. :o
You have to do alot more than 4 simple steps.... Just be a nice overall person. I am not really sure, since i've never been one, but if you had to ask anyone, ask parth. He's the friendliest guy i know. But also, i think i've heard from a few of them they get their chats monitored, so to be honest, that might be one of the reasons. i've played with you. you got pissed at me before for nothing. o . O

I'm sorry if this message in any way offended or embarrassed you. I will remove it once you see it, or pm me. I don't want to make a scene

LADYHADASSA
03-31-2011, 11:52 PM
What an excellent program to promote excellence in the world of PL. Congrats to you all :)

KingFu
04-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Devs, just a heads up. Redryder and DanielRH aren't on the list. Also, if I may make a suggestion, where you list their names, you may wanna link them to their forum profile:)

ratava
04-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Awesome Idea Devs... Some of the peeps on this list truly are (pocket) Legends imho !!!

Yanisa (Yanis on forums)
Kelielle
Orei
Physiologic
Royce
Arterra
Snakespeare
Fluffnstuff
Kingrichie
Chadm
Wrap

Will we see you devs IN-GAME at all/also I am now wondering? Perhaps as Big Bosses trying kill us maybe, hehe?! :D

Acyer
04-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Id love to become a guardian...

Samhayne
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Devs, just a heads up. Redryder and DanielRH aren't on the list. Also, if I may make a suggestion, where you list their names, you may wanna link them to their forum profile:)

Looks like Thade added them to ye 'olde list. Thanks for the head's up, Mysticaldream!

Arterra
04-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Kelielle

was speled wrongly.
Kalielle

Meabegitag
04-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Nice....when I get back on imma gonna try to do this to get a shield lolz they're awesome

Swimmingstar
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
um lovenus never talks or helps all he does is kiil ppl in pvp and make em mad he never adds friends either

F1zzzzp0p
04-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Congratz on your ideas and rewarding style. Also on ur success:)

F1zzzzp0p
04-09-2011, 11:01 AM
These guys have done great things and have done all they could to make sure alteraa is safe . Congratulation:)

Swimmingstar
04-09-2011, 06:00 PM
to bad so many ppl swear on pl then everyone gets reported and i don't mean that player called reported

Swimmingstar
04-09-2011, 10:15 PM
congratz guys

Simnar
04-10-2011, 01:40 AM
ive met like 3 of them and lovenus is on my freinds list

Pokechmp
04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
ive seen people with the shield in pl and they are not on the list

Pokechmp
04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
wrap is my friend

spacejunker
04-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Hello my name is spacejunker iam a lvl 56 archer and id like to become a gardien. Please feel free when u see me 2 ask for addvice or quest help. Iam friendly and have lots of friends for support. Thanks to all who read this and looking forward to helping the best I can :)

Ladylove
04-10-2011, 01:06 PM
ive seen people with the shield in pl and they are not on the list

That's because they put the shield on an alternate character instead of their main.

Lovenus
04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
It's an honour to have the shield on Lovenus. I wear it everyday. It makes me feel good and serves as a form of recognition from Spacetime Studios. ^^

Conradin
04-10-2011, 05:50 PM
i love how peopel say "one of these guys is on my friend list" lol

Rebel
04-10-2011, 05:52 PM
i love how peopel say "one of these guys is on my friend list" lol

Guy 1: Dude, I got Red on my friend's list. Haha, beat that!
Guy 2: Oh yah! I just added Lovenus! He has 50k kills and that is WAY more than Red!
Rebel: Dang, you guys are lucky...

Arterra
04-10-2011, 05:55 PM
lol... i remember having half a town constantly on my list, spammed 24/7. now, most are inactive yay...

romgar1
04-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Aw how cute. I wonder if there are any guardians that arent on my list hmm...

WILLIAM cmy
04-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Guardians, it is time now you speak up for your peoples on how these updates affected us!

jakaniz
04-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Congrats to all! Great work!

SUPAPRODIGY
04-13-2011, 09:19 PM
cool i really want one i am motivated now woot woot pocket legends rules mmorpgs woot woot

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-13-2011, 09:25 PM
cool i really want one i am motivated now woot woot pocket legends rules mmorpgs woot woot

just be nice, help out.. and report negative things going on in the game and eventually people will like you and nominate you or how ever they do it.. im sure if you do your best and are your best while in game and on forums you will get it.. best of luck!

Jordeman
04-14-2011, 04:45 AM
I'll keep my eyes open :)

Rhudien
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Hello(to devs hopefully)! My name is Rhudien, I've been reading about the guardians, and would like to know if I could possibly have the honour of becoming one. I meet all the requirements on a daily basis. I can't even explain how many people (mostly lower levels) I have on my list constantly asking me questions and for help, sometimes it gets frustrating, but I do my best to help everone I can because no one really helped me out on my main when I first started (I am now level 55). So I figured, why not expand my aid to those I can? I've become decently well off from sewers, so I spend most of my time chatting/helping in balefort. I'm not sure if there is a test I take lol or something like that, but I just wanted you devs to know that I'm interested, and I would not fail you! I swear on a blood oath to always protect the citizens of Alterra from all the ghastly evils in the world, and to aid them to the best of my ability. After all, my character is a Paladin ;]

ratava
04-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Hello(to devs hopefully)! My name is Rhudien, I've been reading about the guardians, and would like to know if I could possibly have the honour of becoming one. I meet all the requirements on a daily basis. I can't even explain how many people (mostly lower levels) I have on my list constantly asking me questions and for help, sometimes it gets frustrating, but I do my best to help everone I can because no one really helped me out on my main when I first started (I am now level 55). So I figured, why not expand my aid to those I can? I've become decently well off from sewers, so I spend most of my time chatting/helping in balefort. I'm not sure if there is a test I take lol or something like that, but I just wanted you devs to know that I'm interested, and I would not fail you! I swear on a blood oath to always protect the citizens of Alterra from all the ghastly evils in the world, and to aid them to the best of my ability. After all, my character is a Paladin ;]

Patience young paladin... ;)

Arterra
04-15-2011, 03:28 PM
@ Rhudien

It's not really what you do after the fact, but what you do beforehand. Sure, they can take it back if you prove to be bad material, but its not really a position you can apply for.
Heck, we of the first batch got a nice suprise when this came out lol.

Corpser
04-15-2011, 07:38 PM
@ Rhudien

It's not really what you do after the fact, but what you do beforehand. Sure, they can take it back if you prove to be bad material, but its not really a position you can apply for.

are you a gaurdian????

its amazing how mature someone gets once they are a gaurdian

Vindara
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Congrats to all the winners i know they helped me out a couple of times. Well deserved.

Uniboom
04-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Congrats!!! Hope to see you guys in game!

Rhudien
04-18-2011, 11:17 PM
@ Rhudien

Ah I gotcha. Well, can't blame a guy for trying right? =]

Arterra
04-18-2011, 11:22 PM
are you a gaurdian????

its amazing how mature someone gets once they are a gaurdian

Ikr... Crazy >.< I think they are using the shield to reel in my chaos for good. And hey it worked.

Mntbrycrunch
04-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Why Isn't Mntbrycrunch on this list?! I've never seen a bear in my 20 years of existence kill so many aliens ferociously! Mauling through the treacherous lands of Alien Oasis and beyond. Mntbrycrunch is one in a million, fighting for the better good. He's a legend among legends and deserves his recognition. Protecting Forest Haven and all those who inhabit that magical forest since he was a little cub, Mntbrycrunch is the savior of Pocket Legends. The renegade bear who vows to do what he must to become a Guardian of Alterra. FOR FOREST HAVEN!

RedRyder
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Lol you're looking to get one so it probably won't happen for you. You're supposed to be helping out without your ultimate goal being a shield. When we got the shields I can guarantee none of us were expecting to ever get one.

Mntbrycrunch
04-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Why? I deserve a shield! I've helped and made so many friends on PL already. I've done almost all my quests and on top of that i look super sick too! Mntbrycrunch is the mightiest warrior to be a part of PL and should already be recognized for that by now.

FOR FOREST HAVEN!

RedRyder
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Definitely not getting one lol

Lesrider
04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Why? I deserve a shield! I've helped and made so many friends on PL already. I've done almost all my quests and on top of that i look super sick too! Mntbrycrunch is the mightiest warrior to be a part of PL and should already be recognized for that by now.

FOR FOREST HAVEN!

You're joking, right?
Please tell me you're joking.

Arterra
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I have not done all quests. Never will. Just so tedious... Expecting B* to be different.

Achievements mean nothing.

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Congrats! That shield is cool and you guys deserve it! Hope I get to see you wearing it in game!

Arterra
04-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Now that it is a vanity option, makes me aware that I have it constantly on... Obvious yes lol but still, it is no longer a conscious choice to show off in town. I put it on and leave it on.

Idk no real comment ignore me.

Ayc2000
04-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Haha I forgot about that lol

devinrhall
04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Id love to be one =)

devinrhall
04-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Also Congrats to everyone who's earned it so far

Imperial-legend
04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
can we be more specific abt how to earn this award? i mean i also met some of the criteria on the first page like doing free xp run event, helping out dozens of new players, interact and provide feedback to dev, report peep who has a bad month and keep the environment clean etc etc.. so my question is what specifically did those ppl got this award did? i m not questioning anyone i just wanna know what they did so i can imitate and hopefully get the award as well.

costalot
04-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Congratulations to everyone glad you all got rewarded. Hopefully, this will inspire people to do better and take off some of their inappropriate signatures. Afterall, this is a game meant for kids and we should try to make the community as safe as possible for them. Make them feel welcomed and help them along.

Ladylove
04-21-2011, 06:41 PM
can we be more specific abt how to earn this award? i mean i also met some of the criteria on the first page like doing free xp run event, helping out dozens of new players, interact and provide feedback to dev, report peep who has a bad month and keep the environment clean etc etc.. so my question is what specifically did those ppl got this award did? i m not questioning anyone i just wanna know what they did so i can imitate and hopefully get the award as well.

I think the best way to get there is to just do good things without even thinking about getting anything in return (ie community shield). People will take notice. And idk about xp run event being helpful... it breeds "powerleveled noobs".

Mothwing
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM
I nominate ladylove!!!!^^

Mothwing
04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
O and congrats as always :p

Jyzo
04-22-2011, 12:21 AM
hey guys congrats!!! but i dont understand how you can be a guardoan of alterra still, i am helpful and nice to everyone and i have done everything you say you have to do to be a guardian of alterra but i am not one, i would really like to be one and if someone could help me understand further it would be much appreciated.

WILLIAM cmy
04-22-2011, 01:47 AM
hey guys congrats!!! But i dont understand how you can be a guardoan of alterra still, i am helpful and nice to everyone and bah bah bah...i would really like to be one bah bah bah....

roflmao~
/10

xBearSpiritx
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM
I would love to become a member of this elitest group, but i don't think I would stand any chance of being recruited, as i don't think i've contributed enough to the PL community?

I help out when and where i can.

-xBearSpiritx.

Sharisiggies
04-22-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm glad to see a bunch my friends on that list... I'd love to nominate a friend...
MrWallace

If ever a person helped others it's him!!!!
He has a lot of threads here offering help,
I've learned a lot from him during runs and just chatting, and when doing crafting in forest haven have shared my knowledge with new players...taking his lead. He is a great player, a great friend and deserves the Shield and title!

Wtg all!!!!

Beenjinkin
04-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Hello all i have à question i help low-level lvl to become High lvl i give weapons and item. for craft ( gems , leather panel...) and idont understand how become à guardian im polite and nice with all i would like become à guardian !!!! Plz help me

SiX
04-22-2011, 03:26 PM
The tones of entitlement on this thread are impressive.

I'm nice, I should be entitled to the thing that I never knew existed but now should immediately have earned by virtue of my having met the requirements that have no clear definition at this time.

Seriously?

The shield isn't a quest item, an achievement, or the result of a recipe.

It's a gift, given by the devs to the people they wished to express gratitude to.

You can't earn a gift, otherwise it's not a gift.

If you perform a service and demand a tip, it's no longer a tip, it's a fee.

It may be frustrating to feel you don't know how to get something you want, but being nice to someone doesn't entitle you to their stuff.

I doubt I can approach one of these new guardians and demand they give me items, run me through quests and order me a pizza because they got the shield.

If you pay money, buy platinum, and are forbidden to purchase something ingame that everyone else can get, then, and only then, are you being denied something you are entitled to by virtue of your actions.

PS: If you are nice, and someone else is nice, and they get noticed and you do not, that doesn't make you any less nice, which at the end of the day, is a whole lot more valuable and important than a shield.

Lesrider
04-22-2011, 03:33 PM
The tones of entitlement on this thread are impressive.

I'm nice, I should be entitled to the thing that I never knew existed but now should immediately have earned by virtue of my having met the requirements that have no clear definition at this time.

Seriously?

The shield isn't a quest item, an achievement, or the result of a recipe.

It's a gift, given by the devs to the people they wished to express gratitude to.

You can't earn a gift, otherwise it's not a gift.

If you perform a service and demand a tip, it's no longer a tip, it's a fee.

It may be frustrating to feel you don't know how to get something you want, but being nice to someone doesn't entitle you to their stuff.

I doubt I can approach one of these new guardians and demand they give me items, run me through quests and order me a pizza because they got the shield.

If you pay money, buy platinum, and are forbidden to purchase something ingame that everyone else can get, then, and only then, are you being denied something you are entitled to by virtue of your actions.

PS: If you are nice, and someone else is nice, and they get noticed and you do not, that doesn't make you any less nice, which at the end of the day, is a whole lot more valuable and important than a shield.

Well said!
I do find all these recent posts a bit odd.

KingFu
04-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Ellyidol, Rangepwnsmeel, and Pharcyde anyone? PMed devs, and posted in a thread:D

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
I would like to nominate myself ... xD just kidding ^^ I agree with Mysticaldream ;-)

Arterra
04-22-2011, 03:44 PM
@ Six

:)

Also

Yep. Guardians are not levelers, Santa clauses, or errand boys. I am pretty stingy to all but the closest people, and I pretty much hate powerleveling.
However I give advice on how to make money and that if they keep playin they will get to higher levels all by themselves.

All these general request posts are quite embarrassing in their nature, as they are asking for something the developers think about carefully before acting upon. People think that all they have to do is help here and there and with their eye on the prize it will be given out like candy at some point.
I can't say what each GoA member has done, not even for myself, except that if the developers thought that it was enough, then we should respect that decision and let them continue in their own, private search.

KaotiicxDream
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
@ Six

:)

Also

Yep. Guardians are not levelers, Santa clauses, or errand boys. I am pretty stingy to all but the closest people, and I pretty much hate powerleveling.
However I give advice on how to make money and that if they keep playin they will get to higher levels all by themselves.

All these general request posts are quite embarrassing in their nature, as they are asking for something the developers think about carefully before acting upon. People think that all they have to do is help here and there and with their eye on the prize it will be given out like candy at some point.
I can't say what each GoA member has done, not even for myself, except that if the developers thought that it was enough, then we should respect that decision and let them continue in their own, private search.

I can tell very short what all GoA's have done!

They have been very helpful for both the community and for the devs. All of them aren't "Pro" players because being a GoA is not about being a good Pocket Legends player it's about helping the community, new players and even the Devs.

Redbridge
04-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Saw this and thought it summed it up perfectly..... ( a few minor edits in CAPS)

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all ALTS doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all ALTS count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is ALTERRA and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you MIGHT EVEN BE A GUARDIAN ONE DAY!

If - Rudyard Kipling

F1zzzzp0p
04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Though I recently heard lovenus took advantage of a person that doesn't know alot
And he scammed him... Though anyways
Congratulating

mejslll
04-25-2011, 07:02 PM
ok im ready for my shield... lol i shoud be awarded a shield for the amout of money i spent on plat... lol

developers, here is a great idea!!! spend x amout of dollars for plat and get awarded a matching weapon, shield and helmet!!!

incentive to spend... just make sure you back pay me for my cash spent lol

Zeus
04-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Just wanted to nominate/suggest a few people to be a Guardian.

Moogerfooger: Helpful guy, very helpful. His posts are almost always on topic/getting them back on topic. Contributes to the community greatly.

Major: Once again, awesome guy. Always up for helping the community.

Pandamoni: Truly a wonderful person, helping people, well-mannered, constructive. The works.

Pharcyde: Although he is grounded, whenever he is on the forums. He was always helping the community. He even risked to log on a few times to help out the community. Should be back once summer hits.

Those are people who truly stood out to me. Hopefully. You consider a few of them.

EDIT: Forgot Kingofhurtz! How could I!? This guy has one of the most sincerest personalities I have seen. Always for helping people. Truly deserving of the shield, IMO.

Dawninfinity as well! Whenever she isn't AFK, she is either helping friends or noobs. Of course when she isn't being annoyed about questions on her PL shield.

I'll search a bit for some people I don't know and unbiased to nominate as well.

Deadsoldiers
05-01-2011, 03:44 AM
I wanna become guardian too, but i think i first need to post more here!? I play pl 2-6 hours a day (2hours forum,2hours game or more)

Gigiwren
05-02-2011, 09:39 AM
What a great idea. There is a nobleness of spirit needed to become a G of A, and encountering that nobleness is why I love PL.

F1zzzzp0p
05-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Do u guys choose guadians weekly ? Or whenever u
See a constructive person....

Redbridge
05-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Do u guys choose guadians weekly ? Or whenever u
See a constructive person....

From what I can see, the dev team aren't announcing on a structured, weekly basis, but periodically. Although they do appear to be steadily increasing the Guardian numbers recently.

They even added me yesterday, so if I can be included, almost anyone can ;). I can't speak for the other Guardians, as in my eyes they have all done heaps more than me(as have many other non-guardians. too many to mention), but I just try to be extremely helpful at all times, give the Dev Team structured and meaningful feedback, and importantly 'think before you act'. It's clearly not about being a level 56 either because look at my stats, and it doesn't happen overnight so get involved and make the game better for someone else everyday.

Good Luck

Don't forget the banana - :banana:

Zomgitznaynay
05-21-2011, 07:12 PM
i dont get this still i wanna be a guardian but dont understand it still i read this like 10 times now

Zbooo
05-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm actually really interested to become a member of this association, I need to get my groove on.

Zeus
05-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Seems to be that your missing Ayrilana and Redbridge on the official member list :).

skavenger216
05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
So... what would I have to do to become a GoA? I constantly get asked in game if I am a guardian, I have a HUGE knowledge base of the game, I constantly help new players, I can't even count how many ppl I've seen in atrocious gear and given them full sets. Also, I can't even begin to add up the amount of ppl I've gotten to join the forums that were unaware it even existed! I try to report anything I see in game that violates the ToS. Whenever I see ppl asking (spamming) for free gold and gear I make it a point to pm them easy, efficient ways to earn gold at their level. It seems like all I ever do is work and play PL, lol.

The only thing I could see hurting me is the fact that I don't use the forums as frequently as some, and I'm also relatively unpopular on the forums as well ( although I am pretty well known in game.)

Also, please note that I really don't care about the shield, I just would like to be known as one of the "elite" players who look out for the community as a whole, someone new players can feel comfortable asking anything, no matter how stupid, without fear of ridicule (we were all noobs once :D). I love this game, and the ppl that play it, and I would welcome all the responsibilities of being a GoA, because I do a lot of stuff for the community already that a GoA should do.

Ayc2000
05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
So... what would I have to do to become a GoA? I constantly get asked in game if I am a guardian, I have a HUGE knowledge base of the game, I constantly help new players, I can't even count how many ppl I've seen in atrocious gear and given them full sets. Also, I can't even begin to add up the amount of ppl I've gotten to join the forums that were unaware it even existed! I try to report anything I see in game that violates the ToS. Whenever I see ppl asking (spamming) for free gold and gear I make it a point to pm them easy, efficient ways to earn gold at their level. It seems like all I ever do is work and play PL, lol.

The only thing I could see hurting me is the fact that I don't use the forums as frequently as some, and I'm also relatively unpopular on the forums as well ( although I am pretty well known in game.)

Also, please note that I really don't care about the shield, I just would like to be known as one if the "elite" players who look out for the community as a whole, someone new players can feel comfortable asking anything, no matter how stupid, without fear of ridicule (we were all noobs once :D). I love this game, and the ppl that play it, and I would welcome all the responsibilities of being a GoA, because I do a lot of stuff for the community already that a GoA should do.

If you've done so much, just wait, it's up to the devs to decide whether you get it or not. Good luck with this, hope you get it!

Zeusofire
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Also, please note that I really don't care about the shield, I just would like to be known as one of the "elite" players who look out for the community as a whole, someone new players can feel comfortable asking anything, no matter how stupid, without fear of ridicule (we were all noobs once :D). I love this game, and the ppl that play it, and I would welcome all the responsibilities of being a GoA, because I do a lot of stuff for the community already that a GoA should do.

That is super elegant!!! And it's totally true!! I think that one of the main Issues is that u Haven't been playing so much. That is literally how I feel. And its a big part of why I started to use the forums much more this past week. As someone said the devs can't make u a guardian if they don't know you exist -_- now that you posted something they may look into it. I totally recommend you to be a guardian.

Zeus
05-23-2011, 05:39 PM
I've been doing some guardian recommendations of my own, nominating people who definitely deserve it, but aren't as well known on forums. Don't worry! You guys are definitely not ignored! :)

skavenger216
05-23-2011, 07:29 PM
That is super elegant!!! And it's totally true!! I think that one of the main Issues is that u Haven't been playing so much. That is literally how I feel. And its a big part of why I started to use the forums much more this past week. As someone said the devs can't make u a guardian if they don't know you exist -_- now that you posted something they may look into it. I totally recommend you to be a guardian.

Thank you Zeus :D. It's not really that I haven't been playing, I've just been on my mage a LOT over the past month or so. Although, this past week I've been working crazy long days, so I haven't been on much, maybe an hour or 2 a day. Should be back to a normal schedule soon, so hello 8 hour nights of PL! I've missed you this past week or so :)

Zeus
05-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Thank you Zeus :D. It's not really that I haven't been playing, I've just been on my mage a LOT over the past month or so. Although, this past week I've been working crazy long days, so I haven't been on much, maybe an hour or 2 a day. Should be back to a normal schedule soon, so hello 8 hour nights of PL! I've missed you this past week or so :)

I think I gave you a recommendation, not sure though :).

Zeusofire
05-23-2011, 07:30 PM
ooohhh didnt see mage adding NOW!!!

skavenger216
05-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I think I gave you a recommendation, not sure though :).

Either way, thanks! If you didnt, no big deal, I appreciate even the thought of mentioning me for it :D.

Superdexme
05-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks guardians you guys make this game so much fun

Dexmann
05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
i wanna b a guardian so bad :) lol not like im not already XD keep an eye on me devs!

Whirlzap
05-30-2011, 08:32 PM

Skavenger youre a nice guy and i believe that 100%
however yoy shouldnt ask for something
The more you ask the more yoy wont get t

WoundedEagle
05-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm really proud *teary eye* :')

NoNxToxic
05-31-2011, 07:52 PM
yanis u should post a pic of how ur special shield looks like

Otukura
05-31-2011, 08:02 PM
yanis u should post a pic of how ur special shield looks like

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/5940/shieldoflegend.jpg That's the Pocket Legends Shield, and the community shield can be seen on Burke the Blacksmith.

Domimation
06-01-2011, 01:15 AM
how do i get one i love this game and will do any thing for everything im lv 48 enchantress/warrior

vulgarstrike
06-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I believe the key point is a natural desire to better this community, not a want of items, that's justg and crew are looking out for. be a good, in forums and in game, and spreadnsome love, and go from there!

George Baques
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
i want to join ive been being nice i told people not to swear and no scaming and i helped a friend that his grandpa died i helped him calm down his name is borgdrone

George Baques
06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
i hope i can join ur group ive been really nice and i tell people not to swear and i helped a player witch is my friend out cuz his grandpa died his name is borgdrone plez let me be in this

Zeusofire
06-08-2011, 03:17 PM
i want to join ive been being nice i told people not to swear and no scaming and i helped a friend that his grandpa died i helped him calm down his name is borgdrone

George, Its nice to hear that you are being nice to people and trying to help out when you can. But it is up to the developers to find players who have a big role in the community in game as well as on the forums. Maybe eventually you can become a Guardian of Alterra. You need to prove to the developers that you are a good choice, you need to report what you see if it is wrong and you judge it to be inappropriate, you need to talk to people and make yourself known on the forums. you are definitely not the only person who wants to be a guardian, I would love to be part of this group. I wish you luck on your endeavor but I will warn you that it requires a huge amount of effort. Good Luck, and keep on trying to improve the community.

George Baques
06-08-2011, 08:54 PM
i will try even harder to make the communtiy

George Baques
06-08-2011, 08:57 PM
i will try even harder to make the community safe as it can be

Violentsaint
06-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Wow this is pretty cool...

Violentsaint. guardian of Alterra

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think XD

Wish I hadn't stopped playing, I had so many other things going at the time.

P.S I've got a ton of pinks in my stash so if there a somthin u need for an alt character chances are I have it :)

Lesrider
06-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Wow this is pretty cool...

Violentsaint. guardian of Alterra

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think XD

Wish I hadn't stopped playing, I had so many other things going at the time.

P.S I've got a ton of pinks in my stash so if there a somthin u need for an alt character chances are I have it :)

Why not Violentsaint: Supreme Overlord of Alterra?

You know that's what you really want.

Arterra
06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Why not Violentsaint: Supreme Overlord of Alterra?

You know that's what you really want.

one step at a time... the Antichrist shall appear to be a savior, but really be the destroyer...

Ovocotto
06-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Congrats at all guardians :D

Ovocotto
06-14-2011, 12:07 PM
I hope i can became one of u guys :)

Violentsaint
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
one step at a time... the Antichrist shall appear to be a savior, but really be the destroyer...

The title violentsaint the ani-Christ will do just fine >:D

Violentsaint
06-20-2011, 02:50 AM
soz for the double post but congrats to all the guardians. alot of them are familiar names to me and well deserved :)

Johnaudi
06-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Looks Like three are elected :) ... I'll try harder and do my best :)

Putti Thep
06-21-2011, 11:18 PM
cool

ChrisFI
06-24-2011, 02:13 AM
congrats :)

Buster
06-24-2011, 05:46 PM
awesome guys I try to help as much as I can I help out everyone who needs help because I feel that helping people is the best thing u can do again great job guys

Whirlzap
06-24-2011, 05:54 PM
I believe the key point is a natural desire to better this community, not a want of items, that's justg and crew are looking out for. be a good, in forums and in game, and spreadnsome love, and go from there!
I know we hate each other for some random reason but I have to say, I totally agree with you on this.
What you say there is very wise and sort of refreshes my opinion of you..

Pharcyde
06-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Like Whirlzap mentioned, Vulgar hit the nail right on the head. Guardians of Alterra were elected because they have a uncontrollable desire to help the community. Not because they have a uncontrollable desire for a Community Shield or status.

Buster
06-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Perfectly started vulgar thank u for pointing that out

Mennddoza
06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
~~~~:)~~~~

Ovocotto
06-27-2011, 12:55 PM
XD..

Arterra
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I was reading first few pages and... is it just me or are some comments missing?

Johnaudi
06-27-2011, 04:00 PM
I was reading first few pages and... is it just me or are some comments missing?
Comments missing ;)

starjaya
06-29-2011, 09:09 AM
congrazzzzz,very good;)...

Jabalba
06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Congrats to all who have won it and especially to yanis you all deserve it

abstract
07-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Congrats to all of you who recieve this title and item. Keep it up

Pharcyde
07-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Time to make some more guardian suggestions!!!

Umm.. uhh... trying to think... KINGOFHURTZ!!! I have been suggesting him for quite some time now. Very helpful, fun, and inspiring player in Pocket Legends.

Everyone else that I have suggested has became a guardian. So down to only one suggestion now :P.

Zeus
07-09-2011, 08:14 PM
So, I just wanted to make something clear. As I remember being told this a while back by a few players, but forgot to mention it.

Guardians can not buy their way to the shield. A few tried to put this on me and some others as a way to justify how we got the shield. This is entirely untrue as there are many Guardians who did not spend a lot of platinum. Didn't want to make a whole new thread about it, so I thought the best place to post it would be here.

WoundedEagle
07-10-2011, 05:36 PM
So, I just wanted to make something clear. As I remember being told this a while back by a few players, but forgot to mention it.

Guardians can not buy their way to the shield. A few tried to put this on me and some others as a way to justify how we got the shield. This is entirely untrue as there are many Guardians who did not spend a lot of platinum. Didn't want to make a whole new thread about it, so I thought the best place to post it would be here.
Really?!?! People think you basically "payed" for the Honorary Position/GoA Shield? Wow, That is pathetic :/

Arterra
07-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Really?!?! People think you basically "payed" for the Honorary Position/GoA Shield? Wow, That is pathetic :/

the payed for position/shield is the hardlight ;)

WoundedEagle
07-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Thats my other characters name haha.

Register
07-10-2011, 09:33 PM
To become a GOA i nominate this guy. Please dont say that hes a bad forumer or anything because i think hes great. hes been lurking a little and has a really god GOA like personality. Please let him be a GOA as he really deserves it.

Roasty
07-10-2011, 09:35 PM
To become a GOA i nominate this guy. Please dont say that hes a bad forumer or anything because i think hes great. hes been lurking a little and has a really god GOA like personality. Please let him be a GOA as he really deserves it.

A monkey? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!