PDA

View Full Version : New Avatars :D

Kossi
02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
should come! who wants an avatar everyone uses... heres my solution!

1. The "Guardians of Alterra" in the near future become forum moderators
2. One of their abilities is allowing people to change their forum avatar.
3. let me explain this in the best way i know.
- a wild bad forum member appears!
- bad forum member wants to change avatar to something profane!
- Guardian of alterra declines request to change avatar and uses ban hammer! (bans have to be confirmed by a developer)
- its super effective!

- a wild good forum member appears!
- good forum member wants to change avatar!
- Guardian of Alterra uses confirm!
- its super effective!

p.s. forum members have to show the pic they want to change avatar to, they can only change it to that picture

Lesrider
02-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I think, if the devs can handle it on their own (as they have been), mods would be a bad idea. I've seen how easily it can go to people's heads and they start deleting whatever they don't like. Even though there are a few people on here who have the ability to be fair, I think it's best left in the devs' hands as long as it doesn't become too much work for them.

Kossi
02-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I think, if the devs can handle it on their own (as they have been), mods would be a bad idea. I've seen how easily it can go to people's heads and they start deleting whatever they don't like. Even though there are a few people on here who have the ability to be fair, I think it's best left in the devs' hands as long as it doesn't become too much work for them.

then let the mods confirm! all i want is new avatars :P

Lesrider
02-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Confirm what?
Why do we need mods for new avatars? Maybe the devs are just busy with actual game stuff so they don't have time to add new avatars.

Sigs are customizable -- isn't that enough?

Kossi
02-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Confirm what?
Why do we need mods for new avatars? Maybe the devs are just busy with actual game stuff so they don't had time to add new avatars.

devs are busy... not enough time to confirm or decline someones requested avatar... (uploaded from comp)..so mods accept of decline

Lesrider
02-11-2011, 07:13 PM
I guess if that were all they would be allowed to do... But no other powers. Then it won't affect much.

Cabero
02-11-2011, 09:33 PM
I think this would be a wonderful idea. Would take some of the workload off of the devs and give guardians more ways to help people. But I really think the devs have no interest in letting us have costom avatar or they would have done it already by now because that has been asked lots of times before with no response...

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:34 PM
and no devs are on..what a shame :/

Cabero
02-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Some people may post inappropriate images, or images that are there for advertisement purposes. The devs aren't on a ton, so they can't monitor them as much as they would like, not to mention since the game is growing, as are the forums starting to, so the more the members, the more forum avatars they have to look over. I can't blame them for not wanting to add them. I think it'd be better if they just added more options for avatar as promised.

This is why he made this post.

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Sorry to crash this old post but Avatars are never ever happening unless PL suddenly becomes ages 17+.

"Avatars will not be added as long as long as this game is kid-rated.

All forums hosted by vBulletin™ that are kid-rated have restrictions on avatars and signature size. Just check out a non-kid rated vBulletin™ forum and you will see real fast that there is massive lag from gif sigs/avatars and many inappropriate images."