PDA

View Full Version : axe/sword/2hsword/hammer/spear/etc.?

Tengotengo
02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Hey there. I've been playing for a while and I haven't run across anything about this subject.

Is there different qualities to the different kinds of weapons besides damage and DPS?

My bear has used an axe for most of hist career, since there seems to be a decent amount of stat and regen laden axes at many of the levels, and since I'm a regen freak, I aim for those the most.

I used a hammer as a 2h for a while that came with a nightmare proc. I outgrew it pretty quickly...but there has to be a reason why I see people trotting around with Gurgox hammers.

1 handed swords? I don't see a reason for them in the numbers. Never used one, and unless there's a good reason, probably never will.

So, getting back to the point. Are there certain procs, abilities, or something built into certain weapon styles?

Royce
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Yes in addition to what you see in the weapon's stats there are four components that influence weapon choice: Skill damage (which is affected by your weapon), procs (there are ton, try searching the forum), whether it is part of a set, and style ;)
Edit: on second though, weapon range and whether it's a 1 or 2 hander also influence choice and aren't shown in stats.