PDA

View Full Version : Forum avatar

fnalos28
02-11-2011, 08:02 PM
why not make forum avatar personalize?

Cabero
02-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Good question we been wanting to know that also for a long time!

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:26 PM
hey i made a thread on this! too bad it died without any real feedback

Cabero
02-11-2011, 09:27 PM
It's because we have asked the devs many times with no response......

Unruly
02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, it has been brought up multiple times. I think that one of the reason why they do not allow it is because it can be inappropriate. As the names IGN are sometimes inappropriate they do not want it to happen here. It would be awesome if we could personalize it.

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it has been brought up multiple times. I think that one of the reason why they do not allow it is because it can be inappropriate. As the names IGN are sometimes inappropriate they do not want it to happen here. It would be awesome if we could personalize it.

which is why i think that the devs should approve the avatar before they can use it

KingFu
02-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Some people may post inappropriate images, or images that are there for advertisement purposes. The devs aren't on a ton, so they can't monitor them as much as they would like, not to mention since the game is growing, as are the forums starting to, so the more the members, the more forum avatars they have to look over. I can't blame them for not wanting to add them. I think it'd be better if they just added more options for avatar as promised.

Unruly
02-11-2011, 09:31 PM
which is why i think that the devs should approve the avatar before they can use it

You do have a point there.

Cabero
02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Some people may post inappropriate images, or images that are there for advertisement purposes. The devs aren't on a ton, so they can't monitor them as much as they would like, not to mention since the game is growing, as are the forums starting to, so the more the members, the more forum avatars they have to look over. I can't blame them for not wanting to add them. I think it'd be better if they just added more options for avatar as promised.

That's why Kossi made this thread
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19033-New-Avatars-D

Unruly
02-11-2011, 09:43 PM
That's why Kossi made this thread
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19033-New-Avatars-D

I believe this was before he started his thread

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I believe this was before he started his thread

actually, it wasnt..i think

EDIT: yea mine was first

Pharcyde
02-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Avatars will not be added as long as long as this game is kid-rated.

All forums hosted by vBulletin™ that are kid-rated have restrictions on avatars and signature size. Just check out a non-kid rated vBulletin™ forum and you will see real fast that there is massive lag from gif sigs/avatars and many inappropriate images.