PDA

View Full Version : Platinum - additional methods to earn

adwin
02-11-2011, 08:03 PM
I'd recommend setting up a gold -> platinum NPC trade.
A lot of users are asking for it (I saw this on iPhone forums as well).
As long as the exchange rate is quite high in order to avoid abuse of the system (for example, 1 plat for 4k gold), it's a win-win situation.
For now, if you want to enjoy the full game (at least dungeons/campaigns), you've gotta shell out at least $20, which is kindda on the ludicrously high side for an Android game.

Physiologic
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
This will bring out gold farmers like no other that'll farm gold, take the Platinum, and illegally sell it on some shady website for less of what STS offers...

Tsarra
02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Many of you could probably do some chores for platinum...

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Many of you could probably do some chores for platinum...

Hahaha that's funny. I just might sig that.

CZYjoeDAVOLA
02-11-2011, 11:58 PM
This isn't a charity how are they going to make money Off that

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Its not a win win, its a loose loose.

1.) STS Looses money per every 4k gold
2.) We will attract 3rd party sellers who use the game to make themselves profit and take money from STS
3.) We, the community loose because the devs would then need to focus on how to stop it and also have less funding to extend content.
4.) not to mention devs will loose faith in a game were all their profits are being pirated or handed out.

adwin
02-12-2011, 12:52 AM
@Physiologic: That is why the ratio has to be high enough to deter noobs from doing it (< lvl 20)
@CZYjoeDAVOLA: Android is free. Google made ~$1B off of it last year.

Its not a win win, its a loose loose.

1.) STS Looses money per every 4k gold
2.) We will attract 3rd party sellers who use the game to make themselves profit and take money from STS
3.) We, the community loose because the devs would then need to focus on how to stop it and also have less funding to extend content.
4.) not to mention devs will loose faith in a game were all their profits are being pirated or handed out.

1: STS makes money for every player it keeps. No player, no ads, no additional downloads for free plat from time to time etc etc
2: linked to previous statements
3: set it right and you don't have to worry about it. Once more: a balanced ratio would be the key. Let it even be 1: 10k
4: pirated? the game is free to download from the market. There's nothing to pirate. Furthermore, it's server-centric, not client centric.

On a side note, you CAN buy items with both gold and plat: check your store, for example, exlixirs.

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 01:09 AM
@Physiologic: That is why the ratio has to be high enough to deter noobs from doing it (< lvl 20)
@CZYjoeDAVOLA: Android is free. Google made ~$1B off of it last year.

1: STS makes money for every player it keeps. No player, no ads, no additional downloads for free plat from time to time etc etc
2: linked to previous statements
3: set it right and you don't have to worry about it. Once more: a balanced ratio would be the key. Let it even be 1: 10k
4: pirated? the game is free to download from the market. There's nothing to pirate. Furthermore, it's server-centric, not client centric.

On a side note, you CAN buy items with both gold and plat: check your store, for example, exlixirs.

Players can farm 10k gold in 7.5 minutes. So that means they will just go farm for 20 minutes every time they want to buy anything from the store. That will be cutting massive profits from spacetime.

Spacetime makes money from every player that buys platinum. Long term players can actually be counter-productive for Spacetime, considering they enjoy the fruits of the game but have no need to spend anymore platinum. Pocket Legends does not have any ads on the game or the forum. 100% of their profit is from platinum purchases and making it achievable in the game for free is gonna hurt them bad.

Pirated doesn't just refer to the app itself, people and companies will sell large quantities of gold for cheap prices, stealing even more money from spacetime.

Only certain items can be purchased with plat, a large bulk of the content is platinum purchase only.

Anyways, this game has done a ton for the players to make platinum better.

They lowered the price on everything, some by 30-35 platinum.
They made offer packs that give insane platinum discounts
They occasionally give free platinum to players
They give out free respecs whenever there is a change to the game, refund platinum any time theres a price change and if you by axidently buy or waste a elixir, they will refund your platinum if you ask.
Only a small amount of platinum is needed to get everything necessary in this game, the rest is all optional and hardly effects gameplay.
Tap Joy wall offers half the platinum needed to get everything necessary, and over a course of a month, it gives enough free platinum to get everything necessary.

Basically this all means that you don't need to spend more than 10 bucks on this game. Devs have already made massive cut backs for the benefit of the players, I just don't see why they would add another massive cutback.

adwin
02-12-2011, 01:14 AM
I was only trying to post a suggestion. No ill-intents. I did write some additional stuff, but my net went down and couldn't post it. Damn.
;]
Well, consider the post closed.

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 01:17 AM
I know it's all a suggestion :). I am all for the community getting involved in the development of the game, but certain topics need to be addressed when the effects could negatively impact the game. I'm sure me and you both just want the game to excel.

de8566
04-29-2011, 01:13 AM
limitation:require level 30,one time only each month .and so on .