PDA

View Full Version : Winter is Coming! Help Test the Winter Event on the Public Test Server NOW!

Remiem
12-02-2014, 12:40 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100856&d=1407870835

The Public Test Server is live! Join your fellow players and help us test the newest content for Arcane Legend before it is released to the masses!*
*The Public Test server is currently only available for players on Android devices.

How to Join the Public Test Server

1. Follow the instructions in the article here, to allow installs from "unknown sources" on your Android device This will allow you to download and run the test server: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/963700-enable-%22out-of-market-content%22-downloads

2. On your Android device go to: http://account.spacetimestudios.com/download/ArcaneLegendsTest.apk to download the Test Server application.

3. Open the application and log in to your Spacetime Studios account as normal. You're in!

What to Know Before You Begin

Characters
We took a snapshot of the server on Monday morning at 6 a.m. CDT. All characters that you had on the live server were be saved at that time and will appear on the test server as they were when the snapshot was taken, including skills, gear, inventory etc. Any changes that happened after that time will not be reflected on the test server. Also, any and all changes to your character that happen on the test server will not affect your character in the live game.

All players on the public test server will automatically be set to level 41, regardless of level on the live game. This will ensure that the limited number of players on the server will be on the same playing field and able to run through game content together.

Account
You will need a REGISTERED Spacetime account to play on the Public Test Server. Characters on trial accounts will not be accessible. If you were playing on a trial account and did not register before the server snapshot this morning, you will not be able to access your character. However, you are still able to access the Public Test Server and create a new character if you'd like.

PLEASE NOTE: Only registered STS (e-mail) accounts and Facebook bound accounts were transferred into the test server. Players with registered Google Play accounts can still access and play the game, but will need to create a new character in order to do so. New characters will automatically be set to lvl 41 and given 2,000 Platinum to gear up. Please follow this tutorial on how to navigate the new user experience on the test server: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/1661040-what-is-the-test-server-and-how-do-i-participate-

Platinum
All test server participants will receive 2,000 platinum to use during the duration of the test. Using this platinum does not affect your platinum balance in the real game, and likewise your platinum on the test server will not be available in the live game. This platinum is granted so that you can take full advantage of the game on the test server in the limited time it is available.

What happens when it is all over?
The public test server will be available through Friday 12/6. Once it closes, you may remove the application by following these instructions: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/1616824-how-do-i-uninstall-an-application-android- . You will be able to return to the live game at any time during or after the public test, but again, none of the changes from the test server will carry over to the live game.

Finding Other Players
The devs have created a guild called <Beta Testing> that all players may join while on the test server. This will help you to find other people playing online and coordinate runs, arena trials, etc. And, typing in guild chat with /g will allow you to chat with other players who are online at the same time as you.

What's New on the Public Test Server

Winter Event: Frozen Frontlines
The winter event is available to access via portals in the major towns and the button at the bottom for your World Map. Zone in to Balmy Bay to get started!

New Bosses
The heart of the Frozen Frontlines event is the new selection of bosses. Enter the portal in Balmy Bay to head to the boss zone. Depending on your tier, you will fight one of four bosses:

Tier 1: Ursume Tribsman – A big brute troll boss.
Tier 2: Syrillax Guardians – A 3 phase fight with 3 different frozen Knights to overcome. Each fight is different every time, as the Knights un-freeze in random order!
Tier 3: Tarlok and his Dragon – An old favorite returns. Face Tarlok!
Tier 4: Syrillax, Dragon of the North – Fight the fearsome Ice Dragon, Syrillax!
Tier 5: Syrillax Guardians, revisited! – The frozen knights return, but this time you face more than 1 simultaneously for a chaotic brawl!

We are very interested in your feedback after fighting the bosses of Winter. Later in the test, we will have specific playtests to facilitate fighting each boss.

New Gear, Pets and Items
There are two gear sets, a legendary amulet, a new yeti pet and other items to find in the play test. As you try them out, let us know what you think!

Behind the Scenes Game Optimization
Outside of the event, there have been other “behind the scenes” changes to help better optimize the game to help minimalize game lag and disconnect issues. Rarely, these changes can have unintended impact on other game features, so play around and let us know if anything looks or feels different or not as it should be.

We encourage you to put a focus on playing the new content, but make sure to play the other maps and use the other features to help us insure that there weren't any unexpected glitches as a result of our "behind-the-scenes" code changes.

Play with the Devs!

We're excited about the test server and we want to play too! On Wednesday, December 3rd at 2pm CST the Spacetime Devs will be streaming live on Twitch.tv as they join the test server and play with all of YOU! Players will be selected for parties at random from the game guild "Beta Testing" throughout the day as we adventure through the newest Arcane Legends content and broadcast it to the world. Keep an eye out for an announcement post and full schedule later this week.

How to Submit Feedback and Report Bugs

We have created a sub-forum reserved specifically for Test Server feedback. That can be found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?162-Arcane-Legends-Public-Test-Server-Feedback.

This should be used for bug reports, feedback, suggestions, and discussing the test server with other players. The more feedback you give us, the more improvements we can make, so don't be shy! Let us hear what you have to say!

Customer Support

The Public Test Server is not a full service game server. Customer support is not available within this server. Please do not consider this a regular game play server. Test Server will have limited availability during specific public tests. There will be no restoration of characters, items, pets, etc. that could be lost for any reason. Please use the Test Server Forum (above) to communicate with the devs about any problems you experience.

That being said, the Spacetime ToS still apply. If you break the Terms of Service, there will be repercussions.

Encase
12-02-2014, 12:45 PM
1st rly awesome thank you<3

Psychologist
12-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Great! :D

Grizzlis
12-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Well im kinda suprised what a heck is sts doing??? Are they going to release limited time event, when everyone will be tried it? Like seriously, wth. I understood these test servers on a arena, tombs. But event? .-.

Universalpro
12-02-2014, 12:51 PM
3rd and i hate the fact google accounts cant access.. By the time i earn enough money for gear it has already ended

Dinesh Hotker
12-02-2014, 12:56 PM
4th

Rhaindra
12-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Nice

Anarchist
12-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Why the haste?

We need space to breath damn, we dont pluck money from a tree in our backyard to buy plat. I was expecting winter even to come mid or late of december.

Remiem
12-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Why the haste?

We need space to breath damn, we dont pluck money from a tree in our backyard to buy plat. I was expecting winter even to come mid or late of december.

Remember this is just a test. The event won't go live for another week or more, you've got time!

GuardianTwo
12-02-2014, 01:09 PM
But when event is to explore then its fun, in this way due to test servers, that thing will be missing in actual live thing....

Samhayne
12-02-2014, 01:19 PM
But when event is to explore then its fun, in this way due to test servers, that thing will be missing in actual live thing....

If you don't want spoilers, then just wait for the event to go live :)

We have found Public Testing to be an invaluable asset. The feedback can help us better prepare the content for everyone to enjoy it. It reduces the chances of bugs affecting everyone's fun. So, that's why we do public testing. Thanks for your feedback!

firmanfar
12-02-2014, 01:21 PM
nice, i'll try :)

Zuorsyra
12-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Hey Remiem, I sent you a pm regarding my grimm re-egg request.
You've been online over the last few hours so I was wondering why you haven't replied to my messages yet.

Trueson
12-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Can one dev update the winter event thread with the new vanities please? :) I'm curious. ...someone said that arlor vanities sets are coming back with the winter event...is it true?

Anarchist
12-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Remember this is just a test. The event won't go live for another week or more, you've got time!

More sounds better Remiem.
2weeks+ is perfect.

Instanthumor
12-02-2014, 01:47 PM
You should get rid of 'new amulets'. There's a good variety of amulets to choose from in-game already. How about some rings?

intruders
12-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Why don't you give all players the same equipment in test server? I as well as many others don't have Facebook nor email account and will have to wear noob gear that is a pity. Or at least provide us with gold to buy more or less decent stuff. 2000 plats is useless.

Jack O Reaper
12-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Ios.....

GuardianTwo
12-02-2014, 02:24 PM
If you don't want spoilers, then just wait for the event to go live :)

We have found Public Testing to be an invaluable asset. The feedback can help us better prepare the content for everyone to enjoy it. It reduces the chances of bugs affecting everyone's fun. So, that's why we do public testing. Thanks for your feedback!

Btw first off sorry, I just got onto test server and saw almost everything is covered, not a single thing is totally shown, for eg, leader board prize, the things on token vendor are just primary (I think) and more will be added to it... So this test is just for boss testing for glitches and bugs... And I am ok , again sorry, I thought many things will be disclosed and it won't be Much to explore afterwards :3

Haligali
12-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Why still can't play on test server with Google+ account?????????????????? Is it so hard to fix? I need to beg my friends again for gear or make many acc to make gold with plat???

This is the third time when I'm busy begging my friends for gear instead of test the content, I better just won't participate in these tests now, you guys discriminate google+ users.

Next time, please SAY THE SNAPSHOT TIME BEFORE, so I can transfer some gold and gears to my unused facebook account.

"We encourage you to put a focus on playing the new content"

Pff ok

cjswogkstkdg
12-02-2014, 02:45 PM
disappointed with the event tbh

Haligali
12-02-2014, 03:12 PM
"However, you are still able to access the Public Test Server and create a new character if you'd like"

Yeah sure -.-

Lets see, I made a new acc:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/03980181721544137da451143e7639ac.jpg

Click on play and tadaaa:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/42a40da552974dda3c52820eff311f9e.jpg

Lol? But thanks anyway

Cratozkrei
12-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Why I cant install the app?

Haligali
12-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Why I cant install the app?
Phone settings>Security>Unknown sources
Check

radiking
12-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Yes I get the same error unfortunately was pretty excited to explore and help in testing but this is what I get :( please fix this error ty

ColdBlahd
12-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Hot

saphirae
12-02-2014, 03:45 PM
i really do not understand this.... game is still not stabile and you will put even more in it.... we still lagg and dc a lot.... and how we can enjoy the new event then?

Sdsk
12-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Please late december event release i am busy till 15 december

Cratozkrei
12-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Phone settings>Security>Unknown sources
Check

Haifer
12-02-2014, 05:29 PM
You should get rid of 'new amulets'. There's a good variety of amulets to choose from in-game already. How about some rings?
Exactly my thought when I read it too.

Vrazicak
12-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Only 3 probs: points gain is desperate,and tokens gain as well tbh,maps are TOO long and there is so little things to buy;where are new vanities,eggs? Im sure theres not only one new pet,if its just like that on test server then okay,keep it secret,but if this is how event supposed to
Look,im rly dissapointed(no offense)

Jazzi
12-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Hiya,

as it stands now the event needs to be at least 3 weeks long, probably 4. Tokens and event points gain is abysmal. At this rate and considering the fact, that all the way up to gold tier I spawned the last boss only once, legendary/f2p players will have close to 0 (zero) chances to reach the gold tier, let alone the plat one. Anyway all the things you can buy with tokens, except for the gem recipes, seem pretty useless, so...

I just hope you have not released the content on the test server, in order to keep it a surprise, otherwise, oh well...

Regards,
Azek

Caabatric
12-02-2014, 07:37 PM
why did you release the same mythic weapons (im unsure if they even have improved stats)....

Rhaindra
12-02-2014, 07:55 PM
tokens and points obtained from the boss too little. remember, this is not a winter event last year. when its time was still 100% F2P without energy systems. if this is how it will feel very hard to reach the gold tier and plat tier. thanks

Breggz YG
12-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Hmmmm its Christmas time..this event should be much awesome than all of the event in whole year!.. anyway I love the new pet! Give some more..thank you!

Breggz YG
12-02-2014, 09:33 PM
tokens and points obtained from the boss too little. remember, this is not a winter event last year. when its time was still 100% F2P without energy systems. if this is how it will feel very hard to reach the gold tier and plat tier. thanks ..I feel you bro! I remember farming all around arlor then kaboom portal to tarlok. Then do a party with friend before entering! I enjoy every single minute of tarlok event. I think everyone enjoyed it:)

regizakirs.rs
12-02-2014, 10:28 PM
All I'm getting is joined failed unlock zone requirement and why can't I sign in with Google plus?

CheifR
12-03-2014, 04:48 AM
More sounds better Remiem.
2weeks+ is perfect.
Gonna need more time for us to reach plat tier though

ZoAngelo
12-03-2014, 07:54 AM
just give us 99.999.999 gold no 2000 plat -.-

Heartt
12-03-2014, 10:51 AM
cant i play using chrome browser? :(

Psychologist
12-03-2014, 11:59 AM

I'm afraid it is not supported.

Haligali
12-03-2014, 01:21 PM
You need an android device, plus a non-google account to participate on these test servers.

wwwgagacomtr
12-03-2014, 07:13 PM
i c lot player have myth items and para gem added, samuel etc arc pets and pvp kill 2k 3k 100k mob kill join test. but i try never join my items or pet etc.
now i ask why they join all items and stat normal char play but i never play my normal char?
if they open lock etc they have myth 41 item added para gem but this event dont give para gem.
if test server have 1 backdoor maybe this is bug or wht is this i dont understand.
they have normal guild + items + pets + pvp and normal stats + perf all items why i dont have always clear level 1 i join.
test server only work face acc but they r very strong same normal 41 char. if have 1 way for same join i learn for good play in test server ty.

Heartt
12-03-2014, 10:31 PM
You need an android device, plus a non-google account to participate on these test servers.

Oh i see.. Well i better wait for the actual event then.. Thanks :)

CheifR
12-04-2014, 12:21 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/027c5d57058ef088b4f07c886c4eb573.jpgthis is what I see when trying to join

Arpluvial
12-04-2014, 12:49 AM
If you go to Kelys, you should be able to teleport in. Is this happening when you try to teleport in from Kelys?

sahad_ikr
12-04-2014, 02:02 AM
all i get from test server is will be restored ? Event coins and score everything ?

Haligali
12-04-2014, 03:43 AM
If you go to Kelys, you should be able to teleport in. Is this happening when you try to teleport in from Kelys?
Is this happening when we press the start button on the character screen, we couldn't see the map at all.

anshdoc
12-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Tested test server three times this year. Congratulations as server is doing well and no lags. Bosses difficulty is fine, though still dont know what level players could play ?
Yogini 41

Xeusx
12-04-2014, 05:49 AM
all i get from test server is will be restored ? Event coins and score everything ?
Nope. All you get from test server will be not saved in the real server.

Darkoptiic
12-04-2014, 12:34 PM
When i try to enter it tells me you must unlock this zone first. What should i do?

marfibagheera
12-04-2014, 01:03 PM
What will hapeend to the tiers and points is that gonna be saved or we need to start all over again pls help :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Brattinella
12-05-2014, 07:59 AM
how much points for gold tier to platinum tier? anyone? :)

grimlock_nanda
12-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Please make the ios user play the public test server ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spacetime Or Lol
12-05-2014, 10:23 AM
This is sad STS. No test server on Apple/PC

ryuba
12-05-2014, 11:38 AM
The recipe fo new gem.
Need total 130 esences??
That mean a low lv player without platinum will not able to craft that gem.
That need fix because event is not for endgame only..

Farminer's
12-05-2014, 11:47 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/05/18ff8885aab78fa74653ad7bf1436418.jpg and I have troubles with bosses at end game there health needs to be lowered (takes forever) and tarloks damage has to be lowered on those bombs.
PS I have almost same stats with new event pet as singe same difficulty and I use all legendary gears but weapon all ranging from 500k-1m but bonesaw.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ladymage
12-05-2014, 12:12 PM
the essence drop rate is too low, and all the recipes need those essences. Please increase essence drop rate.

octavos
12-05-2014, 05:58 PM
So I found this on the support site..so wheres the chrome test server?!?!?

CheifR
12-06-2014, 08:56 PM
It happens when pressing the play button. Pls help

CheifR
12-06-2014, 08:57 PM
What will hapeend to the tiers and points is that gonna be saved or we need to start all over again pls help :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
TEST. *test* --->test<--- server. Not real server

SacredKnight
12-06-2014, 10:15 PM
just give us 99.999.999 gold no 2000 plat -.-

What's the point of gold if there's nothing to buy?

IMO we should load out in the test server with every Mythic and Arcane Item in our inventories (Par from Scorch because he is terrible, #BuffScorch2014 ).

Farminer's
12-06-2014, 11:59 PM
What's the point of gold if there's nothing to buy?

IMO we should load out in the test server with every Mythic and Arcane Item in our inventories (Par from Scorch because he is terrible, #BuffScorch2014 ).
Or full legendary sets because it is important for all the new players in arcane legends. We need to test with average affordable gear for them also some advice.
1. Nerf tarloks damage or
2. Buff syrillax
3. Nerf the health on all bosses its redic.
4. Make the event vanity's affordable not 985 tokens or have bosses give more tokens.
5. Thanks so much for test server to test out the event I love it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

pecfr
12-08-2014, 04:31 AM
for those who cant play test server : (some picture of the event, boss, recipe, etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBMLezA7WX0&list=UUUmSJENXjKQBxEetL6QHZag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBMLezA7WX0&list=UUUmSJENXjKQBxEetL6QHZag

Ygadaikto
12-15-2020, 11:04 AM
yea i remember this)

Oakmaiden
12-15-2020, 11:10 AM
yea i remember this)
Did ya remember the part where necroing an old thread is a no no?

Ygadaikto
12-15-2020, 11:16 AM
Did ya remember the part where necroing an old thread is a no no?

Lol, what's the problem, why not?

Aeot
12-15-2020, 11:35 AM
Lol, what's the problem, why not?I think it's against the rules to bump threads that are older than a certain amount of time.....

Ygadaikto
12-15-2020, 11:38 AM
I think it's against the rules to bump threads that are older than a certain amount of time.....

Yes, I just read about it in the rules. It's strange that I didn't notice this before (perhaps due to my inattention). Thanks for the answer.

PSI
12-15-2020, 01:24 PM
why do i see error 404 when i try to open the app

AuraIV
12-15-2020, 01:40 PM
why do i see error 404 when i try to open the app

This was in 2014... someone just bumped it up >_>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSI
12-15-2020, 01:46 PM
Why would they do this>>> shame