PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Rarity of Items in the Planar Content

Samhayne
12-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Hey gang,

I wanted to touch on the rarity and difficulty of the elite end-game Planar content (collectively Planar Tombs, Planar Arena and the tie in to Elite Tindirin). The design of the Planar content is to be something to grind on. It's not intended for you to roll in, grab the loot in a weekend and then ask "What's next?" Sure, it might still not be in the best spot for that (we have some more tuning coming on that front), but that's what it is intended to be.

We have the sprawling Winter Event going into Public Testing now and looking to go live after that. Planar stuffs is something you can start now, work on it or Winter over Dec. and still give something for people to work toward in Jan.

Hopefully that helps you understand what we were thinking.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Anarchist
12-02-2014, 03:00 PM
First of all this a official confirm sts does do secret nerfing behind the scenes.

On topic. I think you are right.
Though its extremely frustrating continuously looting useless gears from the arena chests not knowing whether you are progressing or not.
On the other hand the planar tombs have set goals and after each run you know you made a step forward so they are easier.
Many won't mind running Planar arena ∞ times as long as they feel like they are progressing each run they make. I farmed 20 globs essence after which i had to buy my recipe.

Please also consider giving the planar gears a better destiny different from instant liquidation.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180524-To-STS-regarding-the-planar-arena

Candylicks
12-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Sam let me say that the tombs have been good, and we love running them. We do understand it's not intended to be a grab and go situation, however as a community the drop rate on the planar tomb chests and the content inside still needs a slight bump up. Please consider this after the event comes to a close. Much appreciated!

ps.. event looks awesome!

Valkiryas
12-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Sam Can I ask you something?!

Respectfully do you really think that we (Almost all ) will buy or pay for event energies for the same vanities , I mean Ican get all those vanities together for 200k or less.

The enegy worth 25 - 30k, So I think I don;t will run just my free ( 8 Hours ) Energies.

aarrgggggg
12-02-2014, 03:19 PM
so your saying that you put recipe back to an arcane droprate and i should not waste my time running arena anymore?

Im over 200 completed runs this is quite ridiculous

The planar tombs are great, i love how u are guarenteed fragments after each run no complaints on the tombs.... but this recipe sam...please please please up the droprate

Im literally between arena runs as i type this and i have been running arena since the day the recipe was released.... i should have the recipe by now. the droprate is too low

Energizeric
12-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks Sam. I really want something in this game to be rare. For the first time since season 3, when I walk around with my new imbued helm, people ask what it is or say "nice helm". The last time I remember hearing anything like that was season 3 when I looted my kraken skewer. The past 2 seasons, everything has been so common that nobody comments on any gear you have as you see it everywhere. Even arcane rings are all over the place and you will see 2-3 in every town.

aarrgggggg
12-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks Sam. I really want something in this game to be rare. For the first time since season 3, when I walk around with my new imbued helm, people ask what it is or say "nice helm". The last time I remember hearing anything like that was season 3 when I looted my kraken skewer. The past 2 seasons, everything has been so common that nobody comments on any gear you have as you see it everywhere. Even arcane rings are all over the place and you will see 2-3 in every town.

The pendant is not rare, many people have it (the richest people) because the recipe was looted at a good rate for days and then all of a sudden, nada zip zilch zero

Samhayne
12-02-2014, 03:25 PM
First of all this a official confirm sts does do secret nerfing behind the scenes..

Just to address your point, no I didn't mean that
Sure, it might still not be in the best spot for that (we have some more tuning coming on that front), but that's what it is intended to be. was a nurf, but rather that things might still need a bump up. I know Carapace was looking some at things earlier today.

aarrgggggg
12-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Just to address your point, no I didn't mean that was a nurf, but rather that things might still need a bump up. I know Carapace was looking some at things earlier today.

Keep in mind, the amulet is UNTRADEABLE so wether its rare or not it wont impact anyone besides the player who has it.....no impact on economy whatsoever

So the rarity of it is a moot point other than the fact that if the droprate is too low, it is out of reach for everyone for the most part except those who already have it

Rarity huh so farmable items are meant to be super rare, but reskinned mythics with every event!!!!!! good job preserving rarity of those items lol just lol

Everything has become so transparent lately haha plat plat and more plat

Psychologist
12-02-2014, 03:28 PM
It does, a lot. Thank you Sam.

regizakirs.rs
12-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for clearing things up Sam. I love the arena and the tombs but I hate the drop rates lol. It's meant to be challenging and it is.

Zeus
12-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Can you at least make the stats of the items worth it for rogue and sorcerer? Rogues barely get a 3-5% increase IF that. Most of it is simply a trade off. Warriors get a substantial increase. :/

Anarchist
12-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Just to address your point, no I didn't mean that was a nurf, but rather that things might still need a bump up. I know Carapace was looking some at things earlier today.

The drop rate was lowered and we weren't told.

Consider making the recipe a bit more accessible. Make the days after the droprate was buffed your limit and buff the actual droprate properly without exceeding that limit.
Anything you guys decide the drop rate DOES need some buffing.

ueveotadeo
12-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Dear STS,

LOL! You guys are just amazing!

Burstnuke
12-02-2014, 04:24 PM

This is why mythic recipie should stay at the drop rate it is now, they have already raised it once, if they raise it again, it will become less then 2mil.

aarrgggggg
12-02-2014, 04:31 PM
This is why mythic recipie should stay at the drop rate it is now, they have already raised it once, if they raise it again, it will become less then 2mil.

I agree with you 20m is a much better price ,if you can even find one, which you cant....... im guessing you already have your amulet.

^^^That was sarcasm^^^

Energizeric
12-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Keep in mind, the amulet is UNTRADEABLE so wether its rare or not it wont impact anyone besides the player who has it.....no impact on economy whatsoever

So the rarity of it is a moot point other than the fact that if the droprate is too low, it is out of reach for everyone for the most part except those who already have it

It seems like nobody looted the amulet the first couple of days, then suddenly the rate increased and tons were dropping, and now back to zero. Isn't there some in between place that is the happy medium? I do want it to be rare, but it would be nice if on most days you would see one for sale in the auction. We went from having 10 of them in the auction last week to now none. So maybe it needs a little bump in drop rate, but VERY LITTLE.

I don't have one yet, but still I want this to stay rare. It gives me something to work towards. But when you can't buy one at any price, that means it's a bit TOO rare.

Same goes for the dark crystal helms and armors. I like the fact that the planar chests are super rare, but maybe the armors and helms should have slightly higher drop rates from the planar chests. Just slightly, not a big increase. I don't want it to go from seeing none in the auction to seeing a dozen every day. How about seeing 1 or 2 for sale? That is what it should be.

Can you at least make the stats of the items worth it for rogue and sorcerer? Rogues barely get a 3-5% increase IF that. Most of it is simply a trade off. Warriors get a substantial increase. :/

And yes, please make the stats better. It's all great that these items are rare, but please make it worth the effort. It's arguable whether my Imbued helm is even better than my mythic helm. My suggestion is to increase the base stats of all of these armors and helms a bit (increase STR/DEX/INT), both the dark crystal uncrafted versions and the Imbued crafted versions, and then make the Imbued crafted versions mythic items so that you can add a third gem to them. The armor/damage/crit numbers I think are fine as is.

IMO, the dark crystal legendary versions should be the best legendary armors and helms available, and right now some of the event gear is actually better. Then when you craft them to Imbued versions, those versions should be mythic rarity, which also fits with how rare they actually are.

obee
12-02-2014, 04:36 PM
STS can you actually tell us what you are updating. Lots of changes that we don't know about

mmaachilles211
12-02-2014, 05:31 PM
It seems like nobody looted the amulet the first couple of days, then suddenly the rate increased and tons were dropping, and now back to zero. Isn't there some in between place that is the happy medium? I do want it to be rare, but it would be nice if on most days you would see one for sale in the auction. We went from having 10 of them in the auction last week to now none. So maybe it needs a little bump in drop rate, but VERY LITTLE.

I don't have one yet, but still I want this to stay rare. It gives me something to work towards. But when you can't buy one at any price, that means it's a bit TOO rare.

Same goes for the dark crystal helms and armors. I like the fact that the planar chests are super rare, but maybe the armors and helms should have slightly higher drop rates from the planar chests. Just slightly, not a big increase. I don't want it to go from seeing none in the auction to seeing a dozen every day. How about seeing 1 or 2 for sale? That is what it should be.

And yes, please make the stats better. It's all great that these items are rare, but please make it worth the effort. It's arguable whether my Imbued helm is even better than my mythic helm. My suggestion is to increase the base stats of all of these armors and helms a bit (increase STR/DEX/INT), both the dark crystal uncrafted versions and the Imbued crafted versions, and then make the Imbued crafted versions mythic items so that you can add a third gem to them. The armor/damage/crit numbers I think are fine as is.

IMO, the dark crystal legendary versions should be the best legendary armors and helms available, and right now some of the event gear is actually better. Then when you craft them to Imbued versions, those versions should be mythic rarity, which also fits with how rare they actually are.

Sts you guys need to hire this one...everything that comes out of his mouth is gold.

Haligali
12-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Ok so, the few lucky ones who looted after the drop fix but before the nerf got their amulet, but no chance for the unlucky ones, great.

Zeus
12-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Ok so, the few lucky ones who looted after the drop fix and before the nerf got their amulet, but no chance for the unlucky ones, great.

At least now I don't feel like a tool for paying 30m for an amulet recipe! Lol, but seriously, this needs to be fixed. :/

Appeltjes
12-02-2014, 06:18 PM
At least now I don't feel like a tool for paying 30m for an amulet recipe! Lol, but seriously, this needs to be fixed. :/

30m @.@

will0
12-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Sam what happened to the amulet recipe ? Many of us run so many times a day and non drop ... why is a recipe become a "rare" drop?

If you check CS there's no existence of even 1 in sale and i am not willing to pay 15m or 30m for a recipe. A recipe should be available to be purchase with gold or platinum even, if you want us to grind items then it is fine ie. ingot / dragon tooth ...

You are just making players wanting to stop playing this game !

Spell
12-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Sts you guys need to hire this one...everything that comes out of his mouth is gold.

One of the few people i know who actually works hard for the items he has.

Spell
12-02-2014, 06:26 PM
30m @.@

30mil is pennies to this god xP

P.s "pls sir gold for red egg"

Zeus
12-02-2014, 06:27 PM
30mil is pennies to this god xP

P.s "pls sir gold for red egg"

No, it's a lot to me. I'm just impatient with amulet recipe. T_T

Serancha
12-02-2014, 07:42 PM
If the items are going to stay this rare, they need to be made worth the effort. THe rogue and mage gear were both nerfed after the announcement, and are now almost identical in stats to the current mythics. Only the warrior gear is worth the effort.

This gives us NO INCENTIVE to keep trying. Could you please adjust the stats on this gear so it is worth it's rarity?

PS: for this amount of rarity even the lesser versions should be excellent. There should be no "trash" version of this armour.

Thank you.

Thrindal
12-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Here is my perspective...

I have all the ingredients for the amulet...

150 teeth
3 cleansed essence
60 more planar essence

I have not exchanged my teeth for a bar yet but that is a technicality.

I have run well over 100 arena runs, maybe 150 by now. I have over 30 useless boss essences. I am honestly getting burnt out on arena, that can't be a good thing.

I do not want to purchase anything but Ankh and Elixers for the Amulet. I want to farm it. I'm getting discouraged because you keep tweaking the drop rate so I never know if it's worth running or not.

I would think drops would simply be a random number generator but that doesn't seem to be the case as Sam says several factors are being looked at. Other than a random roll of the 10,000 sided dice what factors are there?

As for tombs these are good. As for the chests I did get one but at 1m I'll always sell because chances are low ill loot armor and the armor isn't really better than Mythic anyway.

I have all the essence I need so I'll be trashing the extra soon. So why should I keep running tombs? To get a pet you will nerf anyway? No thanks.

I'll keep running arena but I need to hear they are dropping and not just a myth of a mythic item.

Overall content is great, yo yo drop rates are far less than ideal.

Thrindal

aarrgggggg
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Some consistency on the rarity forefront would be nice.

aarrgggggg
12-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Any updates you would like to share with us sam?

I dont believe this is a topic people are going to let die.......we would like our recipes!!!

Kakashis
12-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Yeah I've spent millions trying now. I should have bought when it was 4m

scychogost
12-08-2014, 04:42 PM
I agree with you 20m is a much better price ,if you can even find one, which you cant....... im guessing you already have your amulet.

^^^That was sarcasm^^^

This !!!

Bless
12-08-2014, 04:49 PM
New recipe rate is nerfed. Period.

Samaeldavisjr
12-08-2014, 05:11 PM
why are yall even farming for such a crappy item? this amulet is pure garbage. atleast from a warrior standpoint. ZZZ

scychogost
12-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Here we have the situation :
1 - Recipe was announced and ppl started to farm it -> we couldnt see recipes in auc for a long time, i saw one for a absurd price that was sold quickly -> ppl complained and they did buff the drop rate
2- now we have a new drop rate -> oh yeah! We could see recipes in auc, i saw a mate drops one recipe , We COULD see recipes arround ther
3- ... the game was normal, no announcement about nerf or buff , everybody happy tying to get their recipe -> we didnt see recipes in auc anymore -> we didnt see ppl droping recipes -> ppl start to complain
4- Well, it spent a long time that we dnt see EVEN ONE recipe in auc or hear about someone dropping it

Now, the question is : How do you, STS, explain this situation ? If there wasnt a nerf, how do recipes stop dropping like that ? Maybe that cat ate it .

aquascaper
12-08-2014, 07:22 PM

Rarity huh so farmable items are meant to be super rare, but reskinned mythics with every event!!!!!! good job preserving rarity of those items lol just lol

Everything has become so transparent lately haha plat plat and more plat

The amulet actually does have an effect on the economy. Ankhs, potions, etc are purchased for people to run for the recipe and there are less elite gears being farmed as people are in the planar tombs/arena.

Haifer
12-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I felt like a tool. The recipe started dropping like weight on a meth head and I sold mine for a Scythe and 4m that weekend. : /

phillyr
12-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Sucks

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

SacredKnight
12-08-2014, 09:29 PM

If you like comments like that about your gear wear collector armour, :3

But I also agree with your statement in general, I just wish I had better luck finding that recipe though xD

hp13131
12-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Sam what happened to the amulet recipe ? Many of us run so many times a day and non drop ... why is a recipe become a "rare" drop?

If you check CS there's no existence of even 1 in sale and i am not willing to pay 15m or 30m for a recipe. A recipe should be available to be purchase with gold or platinum even, if you want us to grind items then it is fine ie. ingot / dragon tooth ...

You are just making players wanting to stop playing this game !

I think recipe not available in loot table

aarrgggggg
12-09-2014, 12:52 AM
I think recipe not available in loot table

It would appear that way.......again!
zzzzzzzzzzzz

hp13131
12-09-2014, 01:10 AM
It would appear that way.......again!
zzzzzzzzzzzz
I said it bccoz no one gt recipe even hardcore farmers.
Not only They did nerf the drop rate as well as removed it from loot.