PDA

View Full Version : If a boss is immune to say freezing, does the damage still effect him?

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Also curious about drain life, if I'm full in hp can I use it to hurt him or only if I need the hp? I usually fire off every skill but don't want to be wasting mana for nothing :)

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
yes damage still effects him

also in drain life..it still takes away their life, but doesnt heal you

p.ps lol beat u lady >.<

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 09:38 PM
All of your spells can hurt the enemy. Drain life can be a very powerful spell and is always capable of damage, whether you need health or not.

KingFu
02-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Drain life always damages the enemy as long as your health bar is above 0 before it hits. Drain life just gives the user the HP that was taken from the enemy. If the user has full health, it just damages the enemy (the same amount as if the user had 25% health) and that is it. I am not curtain on the freeze at bosses, but I believe it does it. I don't think any bosses are immune to freezing, but I do think some just break free of it earlier than other bosses or normal mobs, but I believe it still damages the enemy, along with thorn root.

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Everyone is so helpful!

How about combos, how much more damage is ice storm/fire storm rather than with a delay in between?

Unruly
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
yes damage still effects him

also in drain life..it still takes away their life, but doesnt heal you

p.ps lol beat u lady >.<

Oh, Drain doesnt effect the boss? only mobs? Ahhh

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Everyone is so helpful!

How about combos, how much more damage is ice storm/fire storm rather than with a delay in between?

want to know why everyone is so helpful? 4 words, guardians of alterr a

Ladylove
I'm not sure of the numbers, but ice/fire is a good combo. It can be done with both ice storm and frostbite and is called "hot flash"

Royce
Everyone is so helpful!

Firestorm will do about double damage when used in the combo.

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 10:03 PM

That's 3 words... if you answer incorrectly do they deduct a point? lol

K here's another one, going from 1 weapon to another and they have the same regen each, but the effect is I loose regen when switching.

Weapon equiped: Shivering Ice Talon has 1 h/s 2m/s
Changing to Scarab Bow of Horus which has 1 h/s 2m/s
New stats shows I would loose 2h/s and 1m/s instead of stay the same.

x___X

Kossi
02-11-2011, 10:04 PM
That's 3 words...
x___X

i said alterr A

heheh loopholes

mycroftxxx
02-11-2011, 10:06 PM
AFAICT, combos do not work if one of the components is ineffective on the target.

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 10:07 PM

K here's another one, going from 1 weapon to another and they have the same regen each, but the effect is I loose regen when switching.

x___X

This is because the bow is a two-handed weapon. Since the talon is one-handed, you also get the stats of the shield you are wearing. When you put the bow on, you lose the wing shield, so you are losing the stats that the wing shield gives you.

Royce
02-11-2011, 10:08 PM

x___X

That's because when you equip the bow, you replace both your talon and wing ;)

Kossi
02-11-2011, 10:09 PM

x___X
you do more damage with skills and regular hits with a 2h weapon

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 10:11 PM
doh!

K I feel dumb now lol

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 10:11 PM
doh!

K I feel dumb now lol

Bahah nah, just a newbie ;)

Royce
02-11-2011, 10:15 PM

Aerospace is no newb. He became a minor celebrity once when he laid dead in the desert for an entire weekend ;)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3499-Aerospacegod-yo!

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Aerospace is no newb. He became a minor celebrity once when he laid dead in the desert for an entire weekend ;)

Hehe just playing around, hence the winky face ;)

Lmao at the thread.

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 10:20 PM

Joined before you did. Got bored and left to allow them time to make new things to interest me. Now I have to get to lvl 56 right after they made leveling take longer :(

kanle
02-11-2011, 10:21 PM
The chinese word for crisis is divided into two characters, one meaning danger and the other meaning opportunity ejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation.

Kossi
02-11-2011, 10:21 PM

lol minor celebrity ftw

z0mg can i have you autograf???

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 10:25 PM
To Kossi

Always have patience!
-Aero

Unruly
02-11-2011, 10:33 PM

Aha, Make a Guide

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 10:38 PM
If your naturally helpful you'll get recognized, doing it for a shield seems dumb.

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Joined before you did. Got bored and left to allow them time to make new things to interest me. Now I have to get to lvl 56 right after they made leveling take longer :(

I started forums way late :/ Started game in April, registered on forum in June, didn't post up until December.