PDA

View Full Version : How to root Galaxy S4 v. 4.4.4?

Trenton
12-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Ok so a pretty sad dilemma for me :( I decided to root my phone for the lols, and I apparently can't. The two biggest guides on how to root a Galaxy S4 show to root it with Towelroot, being the easiest way. I go to it, and it says my phone is incompatible. I look at another guide, and it says it only works for v. 4.4.2. I looked up how to specifically root a Galaxy S4 with 4.4.4, but I can't find anything. I also looked on how to downgrade from 4.4.4 to 4.4.2, but I only found a guide to go from 4.4.2 to 4.3. The S4 I have is "I337UCUFNJ4"- Basebrand version (sorry, not phone vocab word savvy) if that even matters. Has anyone rooted theirs after getting 4.4.4? Or is it just simply impossible?

programmed
12-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Well I used towelroot for my nexus and it is said to work on almost any android device. You may have found a bad download link. Trying to find a legit link to towelroot I came across several fake links that either didn't work or had to involve me using my virus protection to clean out my nexus. It should work on your galaxy because if I remember correctly the root tutorial video I used that said to use towelroot used a galaxy that had 4.4.4 android. I'm no root expert though, I did it yesterday for the first time.

Covert
12-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Mayb u hav a root debuff

Trenton
12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Mayb u hav a root debuff
That's probably what it is, thanks!

@prog i used towelroot.com

programmed
12-02-2014, 10:15 PM
That's probably what it is, thanks!

@prog i used towelroot.com

That is one of the ones that didn't work for me. I'll see if I can find the link that did work.

Trenton
12-02-2014, 10:16 PM
That is one of the ones that didn't work for me. I'll see if I can find the link that did work.
Also pls gimme link to vid that helped you if possible

I'd like to root phone and not tablet bcus I just got tablet and it already has something wrong with it

Plus I wanna see my wifi passwords bcus I forgot a few, and use mobile hotspot

programmed
12-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Towelroot.com is a fake that did not work for me, the real one is http://towelroot.org and should work for you. The video I found ended up being for the Galaxy S5 not the S4 but I'm sure it should still work the same. Just click the link I posted above, find the install for android button, tap the make ist ra1n button, then install a root checker from the App Store to make sure that it worked.

synfullmagic_23110
12-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Or download master root

Trenton
12-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Towelroot.com is a fake that did not work for me, the real one is http://towelroot.org and should work for you. The video I found ended up being for the Galaxy S5 not the S4 but I'm sure it should still work the same. Just click the link I posted above, find the install for android button, tap the make ist ra1n button, then install a root checker from the App Store to make sure that it worked.
Did you use Towelroot v3?

EDIT: Also did you use a computer?

Trenton
12-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Couldn't get Towel to work still, so I just used iRoot through my PC

It's rooting now

programmed
12-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Did you use Towelroot v3?

EDIT: Also did you use a computer?

I didn't look at the version, just clicked the link. And no I didn't use a computer.

CAK Vader
12-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Why would you stick a root through your phone...poor root. :(