PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Unruly
02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
So, I watched a video in History class. I'm only 14 and I was 5 at the time of the attack. I never noticed how serious this was until I watched the video. *Head down for a moment of silence* This video was really touching, and it motivates me to help out our world.

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 09:47 PM
I remember 9/11. I think a lot of people who were old enough remember what they were doing when they found out. I was in my fourth grade science and social studies class when all the teachers were getting phone calls. They turned on the tv and I watched as a plane flew into the tower. People were getting called to leave early left and right. I didn't realize the gravity until my parents explained everything. I was 9 at the time.

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:49 PM
i was like 7 at the time of the attack...i dont remember as much as ladylove...i just saw the news..

Physiologic
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I was taking a Spanish test back when I was a sophomore in high school and they told us to go home. My dad works in New York City and amazingly on that day he couldn't go to work because he was sick.

giayuan
02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
I was 3... Yes, this was a horrible day.. My english teacher was actually THERE in nyc at the time and saw the tower go down, heard everything and smelled everything =( and yes horrible, she made us write an essay about it.

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:55 PM
she made us write an essay about it.

make a sad day sadder...

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I was taking a Spanish test back when I was a sophomore in high school and they told us to go home. My dad works in New York City and amazingly on that day he couldn't go to work because he was sick.

A lot of people were remarkably lucky like that. People who actually were supposed to be in the tower that day missed flights, were sick, etc. Truly a blessing.

Kossi
02-11-2011, 09:59 PM
A lot of people were remarkably lucky like that. People who actually were supposed to be in the tower that day missed flights, were sick, etc. Truly a blessing.

one of those actually led to a divorce...
(man supposed to be at work in towers, at home instead)
(wife at work)

*towers go down*
Wife: oh my god where are you are you okay?
Husband: yeah im at work whats the problem?????

all that needs to be said.

Junside
02-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I live in New York and the thick smoke reached the skies over my house. The Twin Towers are 11 miles from my home in Queens and when I turned on the TV, the reporter couldn't even speak.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Watch this, it should open your eyes to a lot of misconceptions, deceits, and truths. They'll go over some things difficult to understand, but for the most part, it's very informative.

Unruly
02-11-2011, 10:20 PM
For some reason, they always base horrific events in movies in New York City. Quite interesting since New York City was hit too.

Diodge
02-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I can tell you where I was. The bolt on a fence that I was working on.
still to this day -When I drive by the fence. I think of 9/11 and how crazy that day was ..I live in Ohio right close to the nuclear plant on Lake Erie. There was one plane that went right over us 2 times when it circled. It was crazy around here.
There was people just driveing any way they could to get away from our area.

I can remember everything from this day.

I think Michael Moore (911 is a good one to watch) http://fahrenheit911.com/

Echelong
02-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Yes I remember this day I was still in college and was buying breakfast when suddenly everything went silent when we saw it on the tv. It was a very sad day.

KingFu
02-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Anyone else think it's crazy that 911 is an emergency call number, and 9/11 is the date this happened? O.o

Bigsleazy
02-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Who cares? 3000 people died, gave us an excuse to give away our freedom (patriot act) and kill many times more innocent civilians in Iraq and afganistan while causing our country to go massivly more in debt. These kind of attacks happen everywhere in the world and Americans never cared, why should we care about 9/11?

Tl;dr. America deserved it.

Ladylove
02-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Who cares? 3000 people died, gave us an excuse to give away our freedom (patriot act) and kill many times more innocent civilians in Iraq and afganistan while causing our country to go massivly more in debt. These kind of attacks happen everywhere in the world and Americans never cared, why should we care about 9/11?

Tl;dr. America deserved it.

It's really sad for the people who died and for the families that lost loved ones. Just feeling their pain.

Pharcyde
02-13-2011, 01:59 AM
When I saw it for the first time, the only thing that kept popping into my mind was what were the people thinking as they fell to their deaths? Most of the videos show the people falling out of the windows towards their deaths.

Militaryman
02-13-2011, 02:27 AM
Hmmm cereal is approximately the same age as me...

My uncle was about 100 meters away from the towers... He sprinted as fast as he could... He made it :D

Physiologic
02-13-2011, 03:59 AM
9/11 was a horrible event to occur, but the supposed war on terror did open doors for Americans to be just as brutal, with a "reason."

'Collateral Murder' anyone?