12-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Winter event yay!!!!

New armor and helms yay
New mythic weapons yay
New craftable locked crates yay

But what does it all mean and how will it effect your in game experience

Firstly i would like to talk about "rarity"

This is rarity as defined by merriam webster

: a person or thing that is not common or usual : a person or thing that is not seen or does not happen often

: something that is valuable because there are few of its kind

: the quality of being rare

Ok so now that we know what it means, how does it affect us?

Well it affects the in game economy hugely due to something called supply and demand.
however that is a subject i will only briefly touch upon here.

Now lets talk for a moment about devaluation what is it?

This is devaluation defined by merriam webster

: an official reduction in the exchange value of a currency by a lowering of its gold equivalency or its value relative to another currency
: a lessening especially of status or stature :

Ok so now we know what devaluation means lets put the two together and apply them to the current winter event announcement

New mythic weapons yay!!!! well kind of

Its only a yay for those people who do not currently own any mythic weapons, its actually bad news for current myth owners.... how so?

Because the less rare mythic items become, the less valueable they become.
(believe me, after the winter event is done mythic weapons will actually become more common than they already are haha)

So now that all of the mythic weapons have been devalued and every single mythic weapon owners items have depreciated in value
that translates to everyone who owns a mythic losing gold.

Ok so everyone loses gold equally whats the big deal????

Devaluation is intentionally happening. Think about it

If everyone loses gold then everyone will be forced to buy more plat to try and make that gold back.....
but with every lock that gets opened the items become worth less and less
therefore forcing you to use more plat to open more crates....for the same financial gain...than ever before in the past

The less items are worth that come out of locked, The more locked that would need to be opened to try and break even from before.......

Im not sure if i am explaining this the best way i can to make others understand and see what i see.

Conclusion: An intentional downward spiral created to promote more spending

Personally i feel new content should promote more spending.....but not by adding more and more and more of the same old content

Happy spending :)

Jazzi
12-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Yeah bad for the existing owners, true. Good for the new players and those, who still don't own one. 20 milllion currently for the slon bow! It truly is a bit too much

Anarchist
12-03-2014, 01:49 AM
I dont mind sts greed "they got bills to pay and children to feed" what i dont like is how its poorly delivered. Ohi Sam i am still using level 31 ring. You could put vanities, rings, arcane and mythic pets in the lockeds why weapons...again. Last year we had 2 mythic release in 1 year. This year this is the third mythic weapon release in 5 months not to mention the double odds weekends that are flowing in abbundance. Lots of players quit but they compensate their absence by makin you who still plays open more lockeds. Double odds event just ended and in a week plus time we are expected to buy more plat...BS!

ClumsyCactus
12-03-2014, 02:21 AM
13 new mythics this cap, YEY
9 weapons (including winter)
1 pet
1 crafting ingredient
1 gem
1 recipe

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 02:25 AM
I think the problem is that gear has become way too common. Legendary used to mean it was rare, but now legendary are so common half of them cannot even be sold as they are worth less than the listing fee in the auction. There are more legendary armors in existence than there are players I'm sure. That should not be the case. Yes, locked crates have killed the market for gear, and these events have just added to the problem.

STS needs to come up with a way of making the lottery system not include a bunch of junk. When I was opening locks the other day, I actually was annoyed whenever I looted a legendary item as usually the minimum 2k gold reward is worth more, plus now I have to bother with trying to list the item for sale. Seriously, this stuff needs to be changed. Make it so that chests & crates no longer give 3 items, but instead give one single item, whether it be a gold reward, plat reward, legendary item, or mythic/arcane item. In the end this will cut down on the clutter of all this junk, and the items will be worth way more and actually be useful.

I know everyone wants to win the lottery jackpot, but if 10 million people all win the jackpot, then their share of the jackpot will each be $5. I don't think that's what anyone wants.

Anarchist
12-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Sorry but i disagree with all my cells.
3loots from crates is a sacred privilege.

Sts needs to stop releasing mythics every month then tell people to go farm for a mythic recipes as rare as a unicorns cause they want us to work hard for it.....illogic crap.
They should work on a way to give average players enough gold to buy mythic weapons not saturate the market.

On one side they dont care if a average player can gain enough gold on the other they dont care the mythic players are losing gold.

All they care about is money.

conradev
12-03-2014, 02:55 AM
Winter event yay!!!!

New armor and helms yay
New mythic weapons yay
New craftable locked crates yay

But what does it all mean and how will it effect your in game experience

Firstly i would like to talk about "rarity"

This is rarity as defined by merriam webster

: a person or thing that is not common or usual : a person or thing that is not seen or does not happen often

: something that is valuable because there are few of its kind

: the quality of being rare

Ok so now that we know what it means, how does it affect us?

Well it affects the in game economy hugely due to something called supply and demand.
however that is a subject i will only briefly touch upon here.

Now lets talk for a moment about devaluation what is it?

This is devaluation defined by merriam webster

: an official reduction in the exchange value of a currency by a lowering of its gold equivalency or its value relative to another currency
: a lessening especially of status or stature :

Ok so now we know what devaluation means lets put the two together and apply them to the current winter event announcement

New mythic weapons yay!!!! well kind of

Its only a yay for those people who do not currently own any mythic weapons, its actually bad news for current myth owners.... how so?

Because the less rare mythic items become, the less valueable they become.
(believe me, after the winter event is done mythic weapons will actually become more common than they already are haha)

So now that all of the mythic weapons have been devalued and every single mythic weapon owners items have depreciated in value
that translates to everyone who owns a mythic losing gold.

Ok so everyone loses gold equally whats the big deal????

Devaluation is intentionally happening. Think about it

If everyone loses gold then everyone will be forced to buy more plat to try and make that gold back.....
but with every lock that gets opened the items become worth less and less
therefore forcing you to use more plat to open more crates....for the same financial gain...than ever before in the past

The less items are worth that come out of locked, The more locked that would need to be opened to try and break even from before.......

Im not sure if i am explaining this the best way i can to make others understand and see what i see.

Conclusion: An intentional downward spiral created to promote more spending

Personally i feel new content should promote more spending.....but not by adding more and more and more of the same old content

Happy spending :)
I quit reading at "Merriem-Webster"

Oxford is the English standard.

Please fix.

Anarchist
12-03-2014, 02:59 AM
I quit reading at "Merriem-Webster"

Oxford is the English standard.

Please fix.
Why dont you go open a school man.

matanofx
12-03-2014, 03:32 AM
Bring back 50k gold loot from crates, no plat farmers, no excuse to still using the same gold sink system we used when we had plat farmers

50k gold loot from crate will definitely help revive our market

conradev
12-03-2014, 03:43 AM
I know everyone wants to win the lottery jackpot, but if 10 million people all win the jackpot, then their share of the jackpot will each be $5. I don't think that's what anyone wants.

I do....this is what I want. Because I know I am the best and will not be touched by any player of equal gear regardless of class. I have maybe 5 or 6 rivals in this game who are an interesting match. The first test server was the most fun I have seen people ever have in this game. Everyone was ringed, and CTF rooms were stuffed with names you'd never heard of getting a chance to shine...none of the downfalls of the regular client like rooms clearing because Karma or Magnum cleared them.

I love seeing CTF rooms filled with players from guilds I've never seen at end game, watching them fight and have fun, and never interfering...it reminds of when the game was fun for me and makes me happy. It happens once every couple months. And the rest of the time, all the time, these players stand huddled in their spawns while the infamous guilds move from spawn to spawn killing until they all are farmed out.

Regular players deserve to have fun, that's why I never fight names I don't recognize or undergeareds or lesser guilds. Because it is wrong. That's why I fight only your guild and 1 or 2 others, that's why I fight disadvantaged and ganged, that's why I fight OP tanks, that's why KDR has no value, and that's why I'm unstoppable on even ground.

I have spent far more than almost any player in this game, I'm sure. Several thousand dollars and counting. I have worked and sacrificed for all my items more than most due to notoriously bad luck. And I support the idea of everyone getting geared any way.

I support the dismantling of guild leaderboard, kdr, capless guilds...all of it. It's all wrong.

And by the way, you know what made test server the most fun? The fact that it was Android exclusive. Most of the iOS platcheats never arrived.

conradev
12-03-2014, 03:47 AM
I think the problem is that gear has become way too common. Legendary used to mean it was rare, but now legendary are so common half of them cannot even be sold as they are worth less than the listing fee in the auction. There are more legendary armors in existence than there are players I'm sure. That should not be the case. Yes, locked crates have killed the market for gear, and these events have just added to the problem.

STS needs to come up with a way of making the lottery system not include a bunch of junk. When I was opening locks the other day, I actually was annoyed whenever I looted a legendary item as usually the minimum 2k gold reward is worth more, plus now I have to bother with trying to list the item for sale. Seriously, this stuff needs to be changed. Make it so that chests & crates no longer give 3 items, but instead give one single item, whether it be a gold reward, plat reward, legendary item, or mythic/arcane item. In the end this will cut down on the clutter of all this junk, and the items will be worth way more and actually be useful.

I agree that legendary gear has become too common...but you cannot complain about drop rates of recipes and planar chests in one section of the forum then complain that there is too much crate gear and pink drops on another...I agree that there is too much. This is why farming is ignorant, Eric.

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 03:53 AM
The problem with the economy is not lack of gold. It's lack of middle class gear. For example, the best sorcerer gun costs more than 10m gold, yet the second best sorcerer gun cost 500 gold and more of them exist than there are sorcerers in the game (they come from locked crates). There is something wrong with that picture. Shouldn't there be something in the middle? Yet there is not. So everyone is running around with expedition rifles, and there is no logical next upgrade unless you have 15m to spend on an elondrian rifle, which most players don't. There needs to be a logical path of upgrades in terms of gear with no huge jumps along the way.

I just use the rifles as an example, but the same thing exists for quite a lot of the gear in this game. Across the board there is basically the "best" item in each category which is insanely expensive, and then the second best item is so common it's worth 1k at best. So of course there will be no middle class. There is no middle class gear.

In seasons 1-3, you had the elite legendary gear which was very desired for middle class players. I remember paying 300k for a sealord helm, and I used that until I could afford the mythic helm, which was 3m at the time. Now tell me an end game helm that cost 300k? Or even 50k. There is mythic and then everything else cost less than 10k. So you have the upper class with the mythics and arcanes, and then you have the rest of the players who wear the poor man's gear.

With everything coming from locked crates now, elite gear (other than warrior sword) is pretty useless. If event gear was only to come from the event chests, then it would stay somewhat rare. But because it comes in the event locked crates, STS has no control over how many drop, so players pop thousands of crates and the market becomes flooded. So with this new "itemization" schedule of every event having better gear than the last one, elite gear that drops from regular elite dungeons is only interesting for the first month after an expansion. Once the first event wave comes, we are left with nothing to do in between events. No big surprise that they had a crate sale and "double odds" weekend as there is really not much to do other than pop crates and wait for the next event. (and of course pvp)

They need to figure out how to get people interested in poping locked crates by the thousands without flooding the market with gear. If they cannot do that, then this game will fail.

Raselph
12-03-2014, 03:54 AM
It was better to actually have the 50k drops from lockeds than getting 25k...25k...25k...zzzzz at least that 50k is capable of reviving some part of the market. It would've been great to have it. I hit that 25kx3 just before the 50k was removed...felt too lucky...but locks are killing the market now.

epicrrr
12-03-2014, 03:55 AM
Current mythics only changed with the looks statwise no need to be alarmed. This new mythic should not really increase or decrease current mythics value. Only each mythics "facelift" is considered by seller as possible price increase.

Thus the point is no need to change your elondrians mythic weapons unless being up-to-date is your thing.

matanofx
12-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Current mythics only changed with the looks statwise no need to be alarmed. This new mythic should not really increase or decrease current mythics value. Only each mythics "facelift" is considered by seller as possible price increase.

Thus the point is no need to change your elondrians mythic weapons unless being up-to-date is your thing.

The price of a mazda 6 is 25,000$, they make 1,000,000 mazda 6 cars a year, at the end of the year the ones that arent sold yet are going on sale
Now imagine they made 1,500,000 cars a year, i promise you the price would decrease.

Its not about the facelift its about the fact there are so many out there (talking about mythic weapons again)
Ofcourse it will decrease the mythic weapon prices, thats marking 101 for you, more quantity = lesser price.

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 05:14 AM
I do....this is what I want. Because I know I am the best and will not be touched by any player of equal gear regardless of class. I have maybe 5 or 6 rivals in this game who are an interesting match. The first test server was the most fun I have seen people ever have in this game. Everyone was ringed, and CTF rooms were stuffed with names you'd never heard of getting a chance to shine...none of the downfalls of the regular client like rooms clearing because Karma or Magnum cleared them.

I love seeing CTF rooms filled with players from guilds I've never seen at end game, watching them fight and have fun, and never interfering...it reminds of when the game was fun for me and makes me happy. It happens once every couple months. And the rest of the time, all the time, these players stand huddled in their spawns while the infamous guilds move from spawn to spawn killing until they all are farmed out.

Regular players deserve to have fun, that's why I never fight names I don't recognize or undergeareds or lesser guilds. Because it is wrong. That's why I fight only your guild and 1 or 2 others, that's why I fight disadvantaged and ganged, that's why I fight OP tanks, that's why KDR has no value, and that's why I'm unstoppable on even ground.

I have spent far more than almost any player in this game, I'm sure. Several thousand dollars and counting. I have worked and sacrificed for all my items more than most due to notoriously bad luck. And I support the idea of everyone getting geared any way.

I support the dismantling of guild leaderboard, kdr, capless guilds...all of it. It's all wrong.

And by the way, you know what made test server the most fun? The fact that it was Android exclusive. Most of the iOS platcheats never arrived.

It sounds like an MMORPG is not the kind of game you are really looking for. It sounds like the PvE part of the game is pretty useless to you and you only really want a PvP version where everyone is geared the same. There are a ton of battle type games out there that fit what you want, but MMORPGs are meant to be primarily PvE games with some PvE thrown into the mix, not the other way around.

The idea of an MMO is that you are on a constant quest to get better gear in the PvE part of the game. I enjoyed playing PL for quite some time and rarely ever stepped foot in a PvP room. The first few months of AL was also like that and is what I liked about the game. But in recent seasons, with the decline of farming and the increase in popping of locked crates, it seems like AL has become a PvP game with some optional PvE thrown in if you cannot afford to just buy your gear with real money. I'm not sure what that is, but it's not an MMO.

Wutzgood
12-03-2014, 07:44 AM
This is the exact reason I don't buy mythic or arcane weapons when they come out and just invest in discontinued gear and legendary weapons.

Prices only go down on mythic and arcane weapons. Some thing new is gonna replace everything soon. Eventually Ill buy them for my collection when they are dirt cheap tho and this is helping it to happen.

notfaded1
12-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Bring back 50k gold loot from crates, no plat farmers, no excuse to still using the same gold sink system we used when we had plat farmers

50k gold loot from crate will definitely help revive our market
I completely agree... it's time for the 50k to come back!!!! It was the plat farmers that were ruining the game before NOT the 50k in locked some seemed to convince everyone of!!!!!!!!! Props to mata for bringing it UP!!! huhu! This whole thing kinda cracks me up in a way... remember all the gold sink threads... I knew it was a bad idea... now since you can't make anything farming you know what's rare in the game now... GOLD IS RARE!!!

Bring back the 50k in locked heck make a 100k in locked!!!! Maybe even a 500k that's rarer even!!!

Mata is also correct about supply and demand but part of the reason the prices are low isn't even the supply of the weapons (although that contributes) it's the LACK OF GOLD!

TheMightyFeusalet
12-03-2014, 08:46 AM
yeah being them back and 100+ for faded his idea, maybe when this will happen' locks will go up again to there old prizes 15-20 k

mapenjay
12-03-2014, 10:02 AM
guys im losing idea bout the game but i need to pay my bills, would you mind to help me?

-Anonymous

Candylicks
12-03-2014, 10:45 AM
The idea of an MMO is that you are on a constant quest to get better gear in the PvE part of the game. I enjoyed playing PL for quite some time and rarely ever stepped foot in a PvP room. The first few months of AL was also like that and is what I liked about the game. But in recent seasons, with the decline of farming and the increase in popping of locked crates, it seems like AL has become a PvP game with some optional PvE thrown in if you cannot afford to just buy your gear with real money. I'm not sure what that is, but it's not an MMO.

This comes from the person who is just buying his imbued set and not grinding for it. The grind is for the rest of the players, huh. That makes sense.

Anarchist
12-03-2014, 11:41 AM
What would sts not do to make you buy that plat damn. It seems like they are in haste to meet profit predictions for the end of the year...

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 02:36 PM
This comes from the person who is just buying his imbued set and not grinding for it. The grind is for the rest of the players, huh. That makes sense.

That's not correct. I did plenty of grinding to get some of the required crafting materials. I just purchased the dark crystal armor because I didn't loot that. The problem is that when everyone just sits back and buys their gear, soon there is no gear to buy because nobody is farming, and that is the problem right now, How many dark crystal armors or amulet recipes do you see for sale in the auction? Adding more gold to the game is not going to change that.

It's nice that STS has added some super rare gear that only drops in the game and is NOT in locked crates. The problem is that nothing else drops of interest. Because of all these super common crate pinks, the pink items that drop from bosses have become devalued. Farming for the super rare amulet recipe wouldn't be so boring if there was some more common legendary items that dropped in arena, but the problem is that everything else (besides the recipe) that drops in arena is worth 200 gold. So unless you happen to loot the super rare item you are farming for, you will lose gold on all the ankhs and potions that you use because nothing else that you loot will have any value. That needs to change.

regizakirs.rs
12-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Why dont you go open a school man.
+1[emoji106]

aarrgggggg
12-03-2014, 04:47 PM
I would like to see some consistency on the rarity forefront, right now there is none.

A farmable "Mythic" pendant is in game....but the droprate is more like an arcane, making this mythic super rare.
But we also have Mythic weapons which after the winter event will be about as common as legendary weapons.......

So thats 2 different kind of mythics 1 is uber rare, like a unicorn someone said earlier and its true.
The others are flooding the market...and will be in even more excess after the upcoming event.
There are already more mythic weapons than there are players who can afford them.

Consistency....which is not what has been happening.
We all know by now (unless your naive) that sts tweaks this that and the third behind the scenes in order to try and make their game more profitable.
Fine, I have no issues with that however players deserve some form of consistency in regards to rarity.

Its a good thing i dont buy plat, because if i did... and i saw all of my "Investments" being devalued Intentionally within a week to a month.
I would be irate and would start about 2 dozen flame threads every other day, and would also demand a refund.....depending upon how you make your plat purchases you can most definitely be refunded.

Sts has made a great game here....its hella fun and the ONLY wow like game that i have ever found that can be played across platforms.
Its just too bad that its actually a business disguised as a game, and not actually a game at all.

aarrgggggg
12-03-2014, 05:18 PM

Wow someone likes to toot their own horn huh?

Anarchist
12-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Someone had 600k+ plat history 1 year ago and if summed up with all this person accounts definately surpasses that number, pf raid came and went but this person wasn't banned so there is a good chance this person isn't a pf, i doubt conradev can beat that.
Wonder what mythic svalutation and unicorn droprates have to do with test servers and a communist view of pvp, meh...

Peace out.

Haligali
12-03-2014, 05:56 PM
They fail hard with mythic weapons always, firstly in s4 when suddenly a Tons of weapon flooded the market for 1-2m gold, then in s5 when it was available in the first half of season, then nothing. We asked them kindly to release weapons when they were at arcane prices after crafting release, but they gave us mythic eggs instead.

Now we are in the flood period again.

conradev
12-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Someone had 600k+ plat history 1 year ago and if summed up with all this person accounts definately surpasses that number, pf raid came and went but this person wasn't banned so there is a good chance this person isn't a pf, i doubt conradev can beat that.
Wonder what mythic svalutation and unicorn droprates have to do with test servers and a communist view of pvp, meh...

Peace out.
My total is about 1/2 to 2/3 of that figure, but that is still far more than most. Especially considering what I have, which is 400k gold and a mythic gun that belong's to someone else. I know a player nearing 1m plat, he is the only person I know who has decisively spent more, though a couple others I suspect have but have not confirmed. This player has looted multiple shards and fossils. I don't need a ring and I don't need the new armors and pendant. And STS would be wise in keeping me and my friends from them bc you would likely see the big geared guilds hiding in spawns (assuming STS cares about the big guilds bc they definitely appear to cater to their every whim on here).

conradev
12-03-2014, 06:55 PM
It sounds like an MMORPG is not the kind of game you are really looking for. It sounds like the PvE part of the game is pretty useless to you and you only really want a PvP version where everyone is geared the same. There are a ton of battle type games out there that fit what you want, but MMORPGs are meant to be primarily PvE games with some PvE thrown into the mix, not the other way around.

What kind of a game is all about timed records and PVP...point me in that direction and I will go. Because all the rest is bull. What this game needed was actual tombs...not this elite crap no regular players can even run. The tombs should be non-elite with exceptionally rare legendary drops that fit well in the market and stat category above what is available in crates.

conradev
12-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Instead we are getting all this intricate confusing allegedly craftable with 7 or 8 new items and recipes.

xutreuqux
12-03-2014, 08:55 PM
As a pooor player who doesnt have a nickle to spend on this game, this game is unenjoyable. Those rich lock poppers get the best gears and only do pvp and stay at paradise showin em off. It is sad seeing ppl runnin with hellish and druid and expedition rifle and ethyl, with no vanity, and extremely sad kdr struggling farmin at pve and helping guildmates while others have 10m vanity, 20m wpn, 100m rings, arcane pets, mythic set only afk at paradise and pvp. This makes PvP in this game only doable for plat buyers and makes regular players get farmed. Those rich guys ruinin the game coz they ruin the way of gettin best gears. Its not their fault tho its the devs who decided to put all valuable and best gears only available by spending real money in this game. MMORPGs items r supposed to be able to be obtained by killing enemies. Thats what PvE for. Locks make money for devs, makes gold for farmers, makes even more gold for lockers but it creates an enormous gap between real-life spenders and fair players. I prefer payin like $1-2 a month to play with no IAP instead of letting ppl buy their way to glory. That makes the game tough for fair players and makes them scammers or beggers coz they need to be playin all day farmin to get rich. All inspiring guides of makin money in this forum says hard work but stayin on monitors for hrs farmin and merchin sounds like u dont need to take care of ur life. Ppl say farm farm farm to get rich dont beg but the equip itself to farn is expensive (lepre). Sorry if i speak too sharply and bad english

mapenjay
12-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Rich > Poor in all aspect even irl

sad but true

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 11:19 PM
As a pooor player who doesnt have a nickle to spend on this game, this game is unenjoyable. Those rich lock poppers get the best gears and only do pvp and stay at paradise showin em off. It is sad seeing ppl runnin with hellish and druid and expedition rifle and ethyl, with no vanity, and extremely sad kdr struggling farmin at pve and helping guildmates while others have 10m vanity, 20m wpn, 100m rings, arcane pets, mythic set only afk at paradise and pvp. This makes PvP in this game only doable for plat buyers and makes regular players get farmed. Those rich guys ruinin the game coz they ruin the way of gettin best gears. Its not their fault tho its the devs who decided to put all valuable and best gears only available by spending real money in this game. MMORPGs items r supposed to be able to be obtained by killing enemies. Thats what PvE for. Locks make money for devs, makes gold for farmers, makes even more gold for lockers but it creates an enormous gap between real-life spenders and fair players. I prefer payin like $1-2 a month to play with no IAP instead of letting ppl buy their way to glory. That makes the game tough for fair players and makes them scammers or beggers coz they need to be playin all day farmin to get rich. All inspiring guides of makin money in this forum says hard work but stayin on monitors for hrs farmin and merchin sounds like u dont need to take care of ur life. Ppl say farm farm farm to get rich dont beg but the equip itself to farn is expensive (lepre). Sorry if i speak too sharply and bad english

You have pretty much summed up the game. Unfortunately the reality is that nobody is going to spend a lot of big money in a game if it doesn't give them some clear advantage. If you don't spend money, the only way to compete is to spend lots of time farming or merching. I did that during my first year playing AL, and now in the past year I don't play nearly as many hours, but because I saved up quite a bit of gold back then I am still able to be "comfortable", but I certainly cannot afford an arcane ring or anything near that expensive.

Even in the game where you pay monthly, the players who play the most hours are going to have the best stuff, and if you don't play very much, you won't. There is always going to be some rare gear that is very hard to get. Rare means there are not many of them in existence so most players will not have it. If everyone can get it, then it's not rare.

Any developer is always going to want to keep the most loyal players interested. So if they make a game where the guy who spends 1 hour per day playing can get all the best items, then what does that leave the guy who spends 5 hours per day playing to do? He will get bored and find another game. And without those type of players, any game will die.

xutreuqux
12-04-2014, 12:07 AM
I understand and yes a game must still be challenging to get rare items. But rare means everyone can get it but in a little amount in a long time. But by adding all mythics and arcanes in locks means not everyone can get it. Not all ppl has money to spend in a game including me. Others has to do the hard way like opening those expensive elite golden chests with a much less chance to get arcanes or mythics than locks or buy em in auction. So lockers can just sit around pop many locks to get stuff while normal players farm farm farm to get an elite chest and opening one. Unless u r very lucky or just buy chests in auction it will take a looooong time to get any. Gathering gold to get rare items r also hard. Like farmin locks and eggs will give u like 100k a day minus potions and luck elixs. And when u get the items, new lvl cap, new max gears and u have to struggle again. Merching is like gambling to me, example if u buy many dovas during last event it was 400k+. After event its drops to 300k or less coz many ppl sell em. Afraid u lost money u sell ur dova u bought 400k and lost 100k already but now its 800k or more so those ppl must really regret it. I understand too that ppl buy stuff with real money coz they give great advantages. But please, not THAT much. The gap is still too dam huge

famousfame
12-24-2014, 01:24 AM
Wow someone likes to toot their own horn huh?
He's pro

"Winter is Coming" :O

famousfame
12-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Tbh I agree pretty much with everthing being said here.
I been saying for long time that game is on rapid decline and all I got for my words was harassment from devs and constant post deletion and warnings.
Game is pretty much dead at moment needs massive injection of ideas and overhaul or dare I say start all over again.

famousfame
12-24-2014, 01:33 AM
A good way to do this maybe a refresh of skills, intro new attack moves and more PvP options

xutreuqux
12-24-2014, 01:34 AM
Trrruuuuuueee

Ebezaanec
12-24-2014, 01:14 PM
The concept of class rarity has been ruined in both PL and AL.

Let's go back to PL when a certain campaign was released: Alien Oasis.

Players loved looting legendaries. Simply loved the feeling of euphoria when the pink lettering appeared onscreen. So, what did STG do in this infamous campaign? They made more and more legendaries and bestowed upon them the loot rate of essences in AL. But that's good right? Happy players means success right? Not always. Like a drug, the effect wears off. And you can never go back as easily as you ventured forth....

Anyone ever heard of a normal distribution? Or bell curve?

Common gear users would be on the far left while arcane gear users fall in the far right. Epics/Legendaries would fall in the middle (Epic on left/Legendary on right). However, this is not the case in AL. Legendaries are over-saturating the market.

So, what should STG do?

They could always buff epic items. I knew players who had no problem using the Iron Ring of Potency some seasons back. Making Epics worthwhile to use balance some rarity problems Al has.

It will be hard for players to convert though. The mentality of legendary superiority has been deeply ingrained and will be hard to remove it. If STG takes a good course, then maybe Legendaries can be return to being middle-class gear and mythics to upper middle-class.

NotYoCookiez
12-24-2014, 01:22 PM
They fail hard with mythic weapons always, firstly in s4 when suddenly a Tons of weapon flooded the market for 1-2m gold, then in s5 when it was available in the first half of season, then nothing. We asked them kindly to release weapons when they were at arcane prices after crafting release, but they gave us mythic eggs instead.

Now we are in the flood period again.

STS better hire Noah or we all are gonna die in the flood

nelson131
12-25-2014, 03:28 AM
sts- we used to make games, now we make money

Bhosxjay
12-31-2014, 12:57 AM
But STS loves it ... it is $_$

Snagged
12-31-2014, 01:06 AM
I want better Legendary Gear xD

CouchPass
01-08-2015, 11:12 AM
There is nothing more for anyone to achieve. You have the super-rich players, and then the poor ones. NO such thing as the "ok ones" or just the "rich ones". There are so many people just showing off of what they have. In a way this all comes back down to the gold sink. If you go to Market now, all the items that used to be 70k-100k now hit over 300k. Who remembers Dev Mauls or even the Polar or Heatbane Bows? Their prices skyrocketed! Even though rarity has a play in this, it's just not big enough to cover STS's problems.

Yumisa
01-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Its only logical for STS to release NEW and BETTER Items you have to obtain by buying platinum otherwise less people buy platinum, STS makes less money and if it gets too bad the game would fail financially and there would be no more AL this is basic game marketing strategy :). Everygame does this(at least most games). World of Warcraft is known to make one class op(over-powered) every 3 months then they do a patch and make another class op so that people who want the op class make a new character with that class and level up or pay to get that class maxed already. Its a basic strategy that MOST games do.

HOWEVER: They cannot do this repeatedly every 3 months.Or else most players would leave the game/get frustrated ect.....Most players ofc enjoy a game that is not too much ''pay to win'' so everygame maker has to find a balance.

ALSO: More recent games like League of Legends that are free to play and NEVER provide something that gives you an advantage in the game to others are a great success. You can pay real money to get skins ( basiclly a vanity) but those are JUST FOR LOOKS they have NO IMPACT ON THE GAME ITSELF. And these kind of games are very popular right now and make alot of money even though people pay less money then a game like arcane legends because it is FREE TO PLAY and NO ONE HAS ADVANTAGE BY PAYING MONEY which is why so many people play these kind of games :) Maybe AL could follow these steps? I do not know :p