PDA

View Full Version : My opinion: Too much based on Platinum

legendarytelly
12-02-2014, 11:28 PM
The developers had and a amazing idea with this game. Could be a hundreds of millions dollar earning game but to much is based off of platinum. Your target audience should be the average player, as that's the best way to examine your product. As you progress through the game to much emphasis becomes on platinum. Once you reach end game you must have top gear or people won't run with you. The only real way to get the gear is lockeds because drop rates are to low to be able to farm for millions. Instead of worrying about earning from platinum worry about the gaming experience. When the gaming experience begins to peak then you make your money when the company is bought. Ps I have all mythic gear because I got lucky and looted singe. Before that I farmed for hours to make scraps compared to what prices our. My suggestion stop worrying about earning off platinum and focus on gaming experience. You will make more in the end that way.

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 12:05 AM
The developers had and a amazing idea with this game. Could be a hundreds of millions dollar earning game but to much is based off of platinum. Your target audience should be the average player, as that's the best way to examine your product. As you progress through the game to much emphasis becomes on platinum. Once you reach end game you must have top gear or people won't run with you. The only real way to get the gear is lockeds because drop rates are to low to be able to farm for millions. Instead of worrying about earning from platinum worry about the gaming experience. When the gaming experience begins to peak then you make your money when the company is bought. Ps I have all mythic gear because I got lucky and looted singe. Before that I farmed for hours to make scraps compared to what prices our. My suggestion stop worrying about earning off platinum and focus on gaming experience. You will make more in the end that way.

And how do you expect them to pay the employees? Or should they work for free until the company is sold?

legendarytelly
12-03-2014, 01:19 AM
They will still make money off of platinum just not at the same rate that they are now. Your actually losing out on people by forcing the need of platinum so much. If someone comes up with a similar game and don't force platinum as much people will migrate. There are other ways to make money. Make a deal to automatically be on new phones ect. You don't let business profit effect your product. Because you can't have business without product. Or increase drop rates with farming but who knows what that does to economy. Regardless platinum can not continue to be so dominant in the game or players eventually end up stop playing.

Silverpegasus
12-03-2014, 04:00 AM
i have to completely disagree! this game is really free to play friendly with plats users supplying the market with ankh, elixir, vanities, mythic pet, name it... it is everything under the sun! klaas even give ankhs too now.

on the other hand, platinum now is so useless, only worth it for open locked and if you ever get lucky .-.

legendarytelly
12-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Platinum is very useful.... ankh cost 85k and luck 15k.. and you need platform to open chest. No way you farm 10m to buy a weapon. Don't look at it from your position but look at it before you had millions. Opening locks was your best and only option really.

CAK Vader
12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Some people do earn 10m without spending a penny. I myself have earned about 2.5m In total without spending a cent, now sure I've done a LOT of free plat offers over time, but still, only decent thing that ever came out of my plat was a slag egg, and red Arlor...but that got scammed so it doesn't matter ;)

SacredKnight
12-08-2014, 04:13 AM
The only thing I have ever bought with plat is Pets and Vanities, everything else I earned Plat Free ;)

Well I must confess, I did open like 7 Locks :3 Nothing good though, just Mythic Armour way back when it was worth a little bit more than it is now.