PDA

View Full Version : Player Markets

Killer Sandcrab
05-16-2010, 06:46 PM
One thing I think would be a cool idea is to enable some sort of player-hosted market stalls, either by adding an area to the Towne castle or just opening a server room with hostable stalls. It should give the players the option to showcase their wares in a store window type format, and allow them to set their own prices on them. Maybe even add an NPC to give recent rates on certain types of items. It should also have a failsafe in case a player crashes while using a store, so they don't lose their stuff when they disconnect. This kind of system would help to eliminate the Runescape-esque advertisements for gear that spam the chat channels.

Whatcha think?

Pimpinbear
05-16-2010, 06:57 PM
:)yeah, i think thats a great idea. you could buy a stall with plat that last a certain amount of time and you could put whatever items up for sell that you want and put up your own prices for those items

Killer Sandcrab
05-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Or better yet, have them available for free, and then have the option to extend the inventory space with platinum. That way, the platinum cost isn't blocking some players from using them altogether, so they don't go back to the Runescape-style shout advertising.

PvP
05-16-2010, 07:38 PM
I was just on my way to make a thread concerning this very topic and idea, and I found yours. I completely support this idea. Every MMORPG needs a trade structure, and I hate to say it but person to person trading usually doesn't cut it, especially on an iTouch/Phone. This would be the feeble beginnings of a future economy, even if its a year in the future. This idea is almost a necessity from my point of view, but I don't want to get too carried away. If any devs read this, I hope they take this into deep consideration. I would really appreciate this and it would add a whole new touch and feel about the way the game works. It would be so nice to go in a towne and be able to look through stalls or w/e to see if they have that new sniper bow you want. Perhaps you could even add an inbox or comment page on the stall where someone might leave a message saying "I'll buy that for 1k, not for 5k." The idea of a stall or afk unit would be outstanding.

Killer Sandcrab
05-17-2010, 03:28 PM
I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Persistent room or area within a persistent room (like a towne room) which has a number of stalls or NPCs which can be activated by talking to them. Once activated, the player pays a moderate gold fee according to the number of inventory slots they want to have, for example, 10 slots is 100 gold, 20 is 200, etc. up to 100 for 10,000 gold. Once set up, the NPC or Stall takes the (Playername)'s Store or (Playername)'s Hired Merchant. The player sets their prices and then pays another sum of gold for the amount of time their store will run, scaled about the same as the inventory/cost previously listed. This option will keep players from holding stalls indefinitely and give other players a chance to take them over, and it will also help with the current overflow of gold in the economy due to the lack of uses for it outside of potions. The gold should collect in a shop till, which can be collected by the player at anytime. The stalls should also become invisible should the player log out or crash to prevent muling and twinking items between characters on a single account. I also like PvP's idea of leaving notices in a sort of mailbox or something to propose deals for players who are out on raids and not currently at their stalls.

Any thoughts from the dev team on this?

PvP
05-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Persistent room or area within a persistent room (like a towne room) which has a number of stalls or NPCs which can be activated by talking to them. Once activated, the player pays a moderate gold fee according to the number of inventory slots they want to have, for example, 10 slots is 100 gold, 20 is 200, etc. up to 100 for 10,000 gold. Once set up, the NPC or Stall takes the (Playername)'s Store or (Playername)'s Hired Merchant. The player sets their prices and then pays another sum of gold for the amount of time their store will run, scaled about the same as the inventory/cost previously listed. This option will keep players from holding stalls indefinitely and give other players a chance to take them over, and it will also help with the current overflow of gold in the economy due to the lack of uses for it outside of potions. The gold should collect in a shop till, which can be collected by the player at anytime. The stalls should also become invisible should the player log out or crash to prevent muling and twinking items between characters on a single account. I also like PvP's idea of leaving notices in a sort of mailbox or something to propose deals for players who are out on raids and not currently at their stalls.

Any thoughts from the dev team on this?

I like the idea but this definitely leans on something like an auctioneer. I realize its a bit different, and I would LOVE to have this, but I'm not sure the devs want to put this out if there's going to be an auctioneer in the future. Would love some kind of stall, or anything all those lines.

Rebel
05-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Is this sort of along the lines of an auction house, or am I just getting something totally different from this?

Cascade
05-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Sounds awesome hope they make it I would definitely use it :)

Killer Sandcrab
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
I didn't realize they were implementing an auctioneer. Ah well. Still out there as a suggestion, anyway.

PvP
05-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Only posting because I don't want to see this thread die. I support the idea A LOT >.>..