PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Pharcyde
02-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Okay, heres how it goes, you may ask any question here and get a full and proper answer without the fear of flaming. I do have one request though, do not beg for powerleveling or free stuff here, and also try to keep the questions on topic please.

"Also, new players who are flamed should send a PM to the devs. The devs do not want new players flamed and will take care of it."
support@spacetimestudios.com

As for all of our forum regulars and oldies, I ask you to please try not and flame anyone for posting on this page, as I have heard many new players say they are scared to post because they don't want to get flamed. Lets make this a peaceful and informative thread, players shouldn't have to fear asking a question about a video game.

I will also add every question to the FAQ list so that it may help other people in the future and welcome to Pocket Legends :).

P.S. - Oldies and Regulars, feel free to chime in.

Here is a complete list of ALL guides on the forum. I recommend players view this before posting on this thread, there is such a large library of knowledge already posted on this forum.

Guides, Indexes, Helpsheets and all other wonderful stuff in one place! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20352-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place...)

Pharcyde
02-11-2011, 10:28 PM
FAQ:

I have a question on crafting! Do you just keep doing quest and the item that you craft goes up in stats?

Doing Daily Quests for Crafting does not increase crafted item stats.
Daily Quests only give you Crafting Materials
There is no current player Crafting Level System
You cannot add anything to Crafted items after the fact
You may customize your armor with various gems. There are about three different gems for each Class, each providing bonus's to different areas.
Gems only currently drop in Forest Haven and Dark Forest.
Recipes can be farmed off mobs and bosses. You can purchase them for gold or platinum
Crafting Components are farmed, purchased with gold, purchased with platinum or rewards from quests.
Rings are not part of crafting, they are their own separate class.

Is lvl 6 resurrect free of mana cost?

Enchantress Class Headquarters (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?14916-Enchantress-Class-Head-Quarters)

Resurrect -
Level 6: 0 mana, 6.5 sec. cool down, 12m area
Increase rank to reduce mana cost.

does more people= less % chance you get a rarer item? i saw on a diff. thread a long time ago
does threat level effect drop rate?
does more people in a game cause higher ping?

1.) No, Spacetime's drop system is the fairest system out there, based on absolute 100% luck, nothing else effects it. If theres one person in the party or 100,000 people in the party, you still have the same exact chance of getting a rare drop.

2.) No, People have made superstitions based on countless cases of bad luck that lower levels have higher drop rates in high dungeons and higher levels have lower drop rates in low dungeons, all just superstitions and bad luck. Threat level however effects what level of items are dropped in a level range. Level 10 Pink Farming is a perfect example of that. The harder the opponent (or higher threat level), the higher level the drops were. Once you dropped the threat level, items dropped were much lower level. This same concept was also used in getting level 10 Holiday items to drop with a level 50 in the party.

"Specifically, white threat level is desired when using a level 10 character in a level 10 map to get a level 10 item. If the threat color is still yellow, for instance, even if all the party is level 10 in DF1, the drop is level 11. So the variable is drop level and the constants are threat level and highest level player in a party. As more opponents are destroyed, the threat level decreases. For instance, one player level 10 in DF1 (a level 10 map) can get the threat level to white with about 22 remaining, whereas 2 players will need to get the remaining bad guys down to about 18, and three players need to get the bad guys down to about 13, etc. for the threat to become white in color. There are exceptions: especially some gear that has minimum levels. For instance, if a level 1 is solo in FH1 and gets an axe, that will be a level 2 item since there are no level 1 axes. The other exception is a solo lowbie in a high level will get the minimum level for that map even if the threat is yellow or red. I tested this with a level 5 in DF1 and the threat never stopped being red, but the drops were level 10." - Snakespear

3.) Yes, servers are like computers in many ways. A computer will run faster if there is more ram and memory available. A server will run faster if more ram and memory is available. Each player active in the game takes up memory and ram, meaning less is left to ensure smooth quality game play. If too many players get on, crashes and other bad things can happen to the server.

How do I get more health?

You get most of your health on the start of the game. You can add a little bit extra health with strength attributes. Certain gears, usually rare or special items give healthpoint boosts. You can replenish your health with Health Potions. You also will slowly replenish health with your H/S (Health Regeneration Per Second). Strength Attributes and most gears give you a boost in H/S, Strength gear gives you the biggest H/S boost.

what does 'proc' mean?

2.) Proc is a common term used for the randomized special effects of certain weapons. Meaning your weapon will sometimes cause a effect on the enemy or inflict extra damage. It is completely randomized and there is nothing extra that people can do to cause them.

After a bit of playing, I start to see "## Remaining" with the numbers decreasing. I've been trying to figure it out to no avail. What does that mean?

That means how many Enemies are remaining in the map. Way back when this game was new, it used to say # of Bad Guy's Left.

if you purchase additional inventory slots, do you only get those extra slots for one character or for every character on that account.

Only the Character you are purchasing them for. Stash spots are universal, they add additional storage space for all of your characters. But they do not stack, 75 stash spots gives you 75 spots in the stash for all of your characters to use, not 75 stash spots per character.

Help! I'm stuck on Quest #5 of Forest Haven and I can't seem to complete it!

"Klutch will be in the start of map 5 for the turn in. If you look at your quest log it tells you when you click on the quest. "Find Klutch in Forest Haven Chapter 5 for your reward" on the right hand side ones you click on the quest in your log. There is also a go to button on the bottom right of your quest log once you click on the quest in your log." - Cabero

What is the difference between the lost expedition and the elite frozen dungeon? Which is recommended?

"Lost Expedition is a "standard" campaign, for recommended levels 25-30 (gives XP up to level 33), with 14 quests. It plays much like the previous campaigns, with the general increase in difficulty of mobs, which should be offset by your character's increased power at those levels.

Frozen Nightmares is a "level 30 elite" campaign with 2 (really, really long) quests, and it's bloody murderous unless you've got a solid team. It's quite possible to do with a group of 5 30-somethings who know what they're doing, but I've seen groups of high 40's to 50 get wiped if they make mistakes or aren't balanced enough. On the other hand, the level 30 pinks that drop are as good, if not better, than most or all of the level 33/35 equipment, and the drop rate seems to be relatively high." - Duke

Both dungeons are very fun, so I recommend both of them. If platinum is short, I recommend getting Lost Expedition first.

I'm a teddy bear, should i ever up my intelligence or dexterity, what does dexterity even mean? -

Also in your experience is it better to trade or giveaway items when you get new ones, or is it better to sell them in the store? Thanks!

You should look at the Warrior Class Discussion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Warrior-Class-Discussion) (Teddy Bears) section to see commonly asked questions by other Bears and find good guides by experienced veteran bears.

It depends on what kind of bear you plan on playing, theres a Strength Bear, Int Bear and Dex Bear. All are kind of complicated, so refer to the Link posted above and you will find everything you need there.

Dexterity - physical skill: ease and skill in physical movement, especially in using the hands and manipulating objects; quick wits: sharpness or quickness of mind. Or in Pocket Legend's terms, skill points best fit for archer builds or the bird class. I would never ever suggest a bear to put anything into Dex, unless the bear is planning on becoming a full on Dex Bear.

Also in my experience, it is better to sell them at the store. Gear is expensive, and people usually only gift gears for friends once they have built up a large amount of gold or gear piles.

why do you only get 1 xp after killing things

"Different difficulties of monsters give different experience depending on the color difficulty shown on their hp bars. I think it ranges from 1-2ish exp, you get bonus exp for being in groups." - DawnIfinity

ok about to purchase my first pack - new levels.
Do i have to go for balefort castle as im level 15 or can i purchase and play in the alien place that is for level 50 extc......
lastly if i can purchase which ever one i want, which is the best place to go for good gear/equipment?

You can go to any map you want at any level, just as long as you own it. WARNING!!: If you go into say Alien Oasis as a level 15, you will get booted from games 99.9% of the time and your gameplay experience might be ruined. Also you won't learn how to be a good and efficient player if you skip lower dungeons. So I recommend playing balefort at lvl 15 but you can go into other dungeons, but for the cost of enjoyable gameplay.

Good gear is very hard to get and can take hours of farming. That's why I do not recommend going to Alien Oasis quite yet, because skilled groups of lvl 50's can go for hours without getting a good item. Also you wont be able to wear the higher gears because of your current level. Every dungeon has it's own good gear, you just have to farm for it.

Do i have to buy all the maps? Or can I just buy 1-2 and still get to 56?

You can buy two maps and get to 56, but your going to have a really unenjoyable playing time. High level maps such as Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers requires full parties of high level people, and some tactical arrangements like how many Avians, bears and Enchantresses there are in a party. So if you are level 10 and join a level 50+ map, it is likely that you will be booted 99% of the time. So I recommend you buy maps as you go. You can always get more free platinum from the tapjoy wall, Spacetimestudios regularly adds more free offers to that wall.

The maps I recommend you to buy, and in order, are:

Dark Forest - FREE: Just register your account with a valid e-mail.
Fort Blackstone - A must have map, gives you access to the Consignment Shop
Lost Expidition - OPTIONAL: you can get Croc Swamps instead, but leveling is much slower.
Croc Swamp - Must have map.
Alien Oasis 2-3 - A must have map(s)
Balefort Sewers - A must have map

Optional Maps:
Frozen Nightmares
Skeller Crunch Returns
Alien Oasis 1
PvP maps
CTF maps
MAYBE Lost Expedition

I recommend you eventually get all maps, because they are all super fun and loaded with game play, but if platinum is short, get the recommended maps first, and in descending order I listed.

Can someone explain to me how to use the auction? I go to the people, and there is no items at the auction. Do I need to buy auction slots to get things from the auction?

In order to see items on the list, you must press search. You can really define what you see on the list, look at the screenshot below to see how defined I use my search options.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/7c25d685.jpg

Buy - You purchase items under that tab, thats the tab I have selected (yellow).
Sell - You put items up for sale under that tab
My Sales - Shows what items you currently have up for sale on the consignment shop.
Gear (Select Item by Category) - See how on the top right of the picture, the sword is selected? That means browse for weapons. You can browse for helms under the helm tab, armor under the armor tab, shield under the shield tab, ect.
Enter 'Name' to Search - Type in the name of the item you are looking for, it will show you all results that turn up for your search.
Search (Yellow Button) - Press that to find results
Show Usable Items Only (Checkbox) - If you have this checked, it will only show you items that you can immediately equip on your character, because you fit the requirements to use it.
Preview on Avatar - Press that to see what the item will look like on your Avatar.
Min./Max. Level - Fill in what the minimum level of the item you want to find, and the maximum. Say your level 20, and getting level 30 results. Put in max. level for 20, and you will get only level 20 and below for results.
Search by 'Rarity' - Item color determines rarity.
Pink: Legendary
Purple: Epic
Green: Rare
Orange: Uncommon
White: Common
Grey: Trash

No, you do not need to buy spots in the auction, you are given one free auction spot, which can be used forever.

What does the colored circle next to the monsters health-bar mean?

That is the monsters difficulty. The difficulty also represents how much exp you get.

Grey - No exp Easy
Blue - 1/3rd exp Easy-Medium
White - 1/2 exp Medium
Yellow - full exp Hard
Red - Full exp Hard
Green - Not sure, got introduced to alien oasis with level 56 cap.

What does it mean when the items in my inventory menu are clear or highlighted red?

"The items with the clear background are items that you can equip with your current attribute points, as in you've met all requirements. The red backgrounded items are ones you are not able to equip....yet :)" - Moogerfooger

How have players managed to equip different items from different classes at the same time? Ex: Glow Stick with Hate Shield, Hate Helmet, and Hate Armor?

Requirements are level 53, anything lower is impossible. You will need 55-56 to do Balefort Level 51 & 53 gears.

You can do pretty much any variation of elite lvl 50 items you want, other than dex on an enchantress. For example purposes, I will be showing you one of the most common builds. Full Keeper of the Shadows with a Hate Shield Equipped. This variation of str and int is most commonly seen on enchantresses and sometimes bears. You can do these on other classes, but due to the default point layouts, it is not as effective, since it requires higher levels. You will need a total of 315 attribute points, str and int combined, to equip both a guardian and keeper item at the same time. By level 56 and Level 50 Elite Gear equipped, you can have a total of 331 attribute points.

Points needed**
Strength - Required 158 Str
Intelligence - Required 157 Int
158 + 157 = 315

Points Available**
Level 56 - 275 Attribute Points
Startup: Enchantress - 7 Intelligence 1 Str
Gear: Guardian's Shield of Hate - 12 Str
Gear: Shadow Helm, Shadow Armor, Glow Stick - 36 Int
275 + 1 + 12 + 36 = 324

Your goal is to have 3 Shadow Keeper items equipped, while having your Guardian Shield equipped. This is a more complicated version of the Dual Build. You will want to have more points Directed towards Str, since it will have less items to support it. Or vice versa, have Guardian Equipped while having a doll equipped.

You will need 3 Int sets and one guardian shield. Or if your doing str gear and bracer, 3 str sets and a doll.

Intelligence -
Level 30:
Brain Freeze Set:
Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap - Level 29, 90 int. 7 int bonus
Brain Freeze Ice Wand - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
Brain Freeze Magic Yeti Eyeball - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus

Level 45:
Thoth Set:
Dreamers Khafra Helm - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus
Khafra Cloth of Thoth - Level 45 138 int. 8 int bonus
D'Jinn Wand of Thoth - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus
Imhotep Eye of Thoth - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus

Level 50:
Shadow Keeper Set:
Keepers Helmet of the Shadows - Level 50, 158 int. 12 int bonus
Keepers Armor of the Shadows - Level 50, 157 int. 12 int bonus
Glow Stick - Level 50, 157 int. 12 int bonus
Creepy Doll of Shadows, Level 50, 154 int. 12 int bonus

Strength -
Level 30:
Iceberg:
Polar Bear Snowcap of Legend - Level 29, 90 str. 7 str bonus
Iceberg Frost Knight Plate - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus
Iceberg Frost Knight Shield - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus
Iceberg Frozen Sword - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus

Level 45:
Mynas:
Mynas Helmet of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
Mynas Plate Mail of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
Scarab Buckler of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
Zuraz Shock Lance - Level 45, 142 str. 9 str bonus

Level 50:
Guardian:
Guardian's Helmet of Hate - Level 50, 157 str. 12 str bonus
Guardian's Armor of Hate - Level 50, 157 str. 12 str bonus
Guardian's Kite Shield of Hate - Level 50, 158 str. 12 str bonus
Shadow Hax of Hate - Level 50, 158 str. 12 str bonus

Guardian Shield with Shadow Keeper:

275 points Level 56
1 point default str + 145 = 146 str.
Equip Mynas Helmet of Osiris, Mynas Plate Mail of Osiris, Scarab Buckler of Osiris
3 x 8 + 146 = 170 str
Equip Guardian Shield of Hate
275 - 145 = 130 points left
7 points default int + 130 = 137 Int.
130 - 130 = 0 points left
Equip Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap, Brain Freeze Ice Wand, Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth
7 x 3 + 137 = 158 Int
Equip Dreamers Khafra Helm, Khafra Cloth of Thoth, D'Jinn Wand of Thoth
1 x 3 + 158 = 161 Int
Equip Keepers Helmet of the Shadows, Keepers Armor of the Shadows, Glow Stick
4 x 3 + 161 = 173 Int

There ya go. You now have Keeper armor, helm, and glow stick equipped with guardian shield. Do the process, but flip str and int, if you want to equip guardian with a creepy doll. Also don't forget to account for the default difference. Also, at level 56, you have 15 points extra since we used level 56 attribute stat points.

All it is basic math, in very long equations that sometimes confuses people. So if your handy with math, it should be a cake walk to figure it out. If not, you might need some assistance from someone who is good with numbers.

How do I register an account?

Use unregistered account
On the screen after the loading screen, there will be a few buttons, enter world, log out, and below that is one called my account. Tap it.
Click the yellow button that says register account
- Otukura

I heard that your chances of getting a good drop are increased when there are more people in the party, is this true? Like if there are 4 people, I get a 1 out of 4 chance to get a rare, right?

What their referring to is that each player in the party adds to the overall drop percentage. But overal drop percentage doesn't effect you, unless your in a group that splits every drop.

Each player has a "Roll". Think of this like your playing dice on a computer calculator with decimals. Every time you kill a monster, chest, or boss, you will make a roll. This roll is a randomly selected number variable in a list of possible numbers. Some items, like gold, or trash items will have several number combinations. Then rarer items will have less number combinations. Like getting a Vyxnaar helmet would require you to hit a number, as an example, 29.152. But you could hit anywere from 0.001 , all the way up to 29.152. Meaning you have only a 0.29152% drop chance (Again just example numbers). So this number is randomly selected, and no other factors affect it, (time in dungeon, bosses killed, order, players in party, character type, pink dropping rumors, ect).

So for increased drop rate with more people in a party, they mean that there will be 5 rolls on that boss, increasing overall drop rates. Not that if there is 5 people in a party, that you get 2, 3, 4, or 5 rolls or anything like that.

Does that make sense?

Unruly
02-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Q1: Can you Plvl me?
Q2: Free items PLOx?

Haha, just kidding.

I have a question on crafting! Do you just keep doing quest and the item that you craft goes up in stats?

Pharcyde
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Q1: Can you Plvl me?
Q2: Free items PLOx?

Haha, just kidding.

As far as I am aware, Daily Crafting Quest's only give you materials. There is no current Crafting Level System in place, other then the level of gear which is defined by the recipe. I don't think you can boost stats on crafted gear after it has been made, but certain items are customizable with what gem is put in effecting different stats.

Kingofhurtz
02-11-2011, 10:50 PM
What inspired you to create this thread? :)

Artemis
02-11-2011, 10:58 PM
What inspired you to create this thread? :)

NEWB! Jk i luff you dirty dan :P He prob just wanted to help people that are hesitant to ask a question because they are scared someone will say something like "NOOB!" or "HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT?!" Here we do not do that

Pharcyde
02-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I was just on game for three minutes and I got three PM's about "Can I ask you a question? I don't wanna ask on forums because Banned/TT and various other will flame me.. :(" Made me laugh but are the forums really that aggressive now?

Artemis
02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I was just on game for three minutes and I got three PM's about "Can I ask you a question? I don't wanna ask on forums because Banned/TT and various other will flame me.. :(" Made me laugh but are the forums really that aggressive now?

Im scared to answer that question due to the fact the new players will read this.

Ladylove
02-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Im scared to answer that question due to the fact the new players will read this.

You just did :)

Cabero
02-11-2011, 11:33 PM
So is that confirmed that gems drop in dark forest? And this needs to be stickied also. I will help chime in also when I can.

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Pharcyde
02-11-2011, 11:47 PM

Resurrect -
Level 1: 25 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 2: 20 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 3: 15 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 4: 10 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 5: 5 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 6: 0 mana, 6.5 sec. cool down, 12m area

Aerospacegod
02-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Neat thanks!

hawkei
02-11-2011, 11:57 PM
So is that confirmed that gems drop in dark forest? And this needs to be stickied also. I will help chime in also when I can.

I have seen magic, focus, hawk, gems and lvl 15 leather recipe drop on meatheads deli.

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 12:11 AM

I haven't seen anything confirming it, but on the first day of crafting, I saw a post saying that someone got a gem drop while farming for level10 pink gear.

Cabero
02-12-2011, 12:13 AM
I have seen magic, focus, hawk, gems and lvl 15 leather recipe drop on meatheads deli.

Ya that's Forest Haven. I'm talking about Dark Forest.

Fyrce
02-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Farming for level 10 pinks happens in Dark Forest. However, I'm not sure the gem drop is confirmed there yet.

I do not think the forums or in game are meaner. I think new player questions are still answered pretty quickly, nicely and efficiently.

The problem is not people with questions or seeking advice. The problem is begging for items/gold/powerleveling, not listening to anyone's answers, swearing, asking for people's equips that they are wearing, trying to scam, trading without talking to a person first or getting a request for a trade first, spamming people with tells or invites, and not knowing anything about the game but joining a high level group in a high level area. These last things annoy people. Don't do them and your reception should be friendly.

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Yeah, but there are several people who have admitted to being scared of posting on the forums due to fear of being flamed. So we need to find a way to address this :p.

hugosukmeoff
02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
cant get back to the forest haven zombie levels??

Every time i go through the portal it takes me to bonecastle with skull creature enemies?

is this because i have a quest now to collect pieces of cloth and i get them from the skull enemies?

if so how do i undo all this so i can go back to killing zombies?

thanks in advance

Junside
02-13-2011, 06:30 PM
cant get back to the forest haven zombie levels??

Every time i go through the portal it takes me to bonecastle with skull creature enemies?

is this because i have a quest now to collect pieces of cloth and i get them from the skull enemies?

if so how do i undo all this so i can go back to killing zombies?

thanks in advance

To go back to Forest Haven (zombie levels), Go to World Map from the lobby(after logging in) then select Host Game and choose from 1~5 (with the vines in the chapter icon.)

The portal's description says "Take you somewhere you can be useful" so I supposed it could lead elsewhere. I always thought it was supposed to lead you to the very first dungeon.

hugosukmeoff
02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
To go back to Forest Haven (zombie levels), Go to World Map from the lobby(after logging in) then select Host Game and choose from 1~5 (with the vines in the chapter icon.)

The portal's description says "Take you somewhere you can be useful" so I supposed it could lead elsewhere. I always thought it was supposed to lead you to the very first dungeon.

thanks,
This put me on my own in the level i was hoping to have othrs running along. no friends but just anyone going through the area?
not looking to join a game just do the level as i never got the orb.

Kossi
02-13-2011, 08:36 PM
are they going to add my waterfall in alien oasis town?

Pharcyde
02-13-2011, 08:44 PM
thanks,
This put me on my own in the level i was hoping to have othrs running along. no friends but just anyone going through the area?
not looking to join a game just do the level as i never got the orb.

Go to the menu and press join game:
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/ff53019f.jpg

Then filter the settings to this:
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/bf2ada0e.jpg

Here is the orb, it is at the end of the level and there is a person you can talk to for the quest.
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/81f1e0e4.jpg

Durr :P .

hugosukmeoff
02-13-2011, 08:51 PM
all good figured it out. just abandonded my quests and i went back to the zombie level.

KingFu
02-13-2011, 09:43 PM

I FREAKINF HOPE SO

Thade said he's consider a waterfall and discuss it with the team. JustG said if devs add a waterfall, they better hide something behind it.

baddadxxx
02-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Greyhorse
02-14-2011, 03:26 PM
What are the aliens repeating over and over? (I swear, I hear those voices in my head a lot now.) In the last part I think I hear "not afraid of Mynie" but that's all I can get.

Also, what does 'proc' mean?

Thanks for the no-flame zone. I've been playing since late November, a pure noob with no MMORPG experience at all, and *just* got my bear to lvl 50, lol. There's still a lot I have to learn.

ETA: Aha, proc = programmed random occurrence. Never mind. :o </emilylitella>

kympro
02-14-2011, 04:43 PM
After a bit of playing, I start to see "## Remaining" with the numbers decreasing. I've been trying to figure it out to no avail. What does that mean?

Cabero
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Use your health potions, wear strength gear for higher health pool and get gear with h/s on it to regenerate your health faster that is all the ways to do that. Health potions are the red jars on the bottom right of your screen. You can buy more from Ellie in Forest Haven.

Weapons give procs like when you use a staff it will have a random chance to debuff a mob.

That is the number of mobs left to kill in a dungeon when it reaches zero all the mins are dead and you move on to the next dungeon.

Kossi
02-14-2011, 06:44 PM
does more people= less % chance you get a rarer item? i saw on a diff. thread a long time ago

does platinum purchased effect drop rate?lol jk

can you explain quantum physics to me?

Cabero
02-14-2011, 06:52 PM

Come on now Kossi this is supposed to be serious thread we don't want people to have to search threw countless pages of troll comments...

Kossi
02-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Come on now Kossi this is supposed to be serious thread we don't want people to have to search threw countless pages of troll comments...

actually, 1,2, and 4 are serious questions

Cabero
02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Well my mistake on that part but when you add 3, 5 and

post I start seeing a pattern and get blinded to the legit stuff

KingFu
02-14-2011, 07:25 PM

1) No, it does not. Having more people in the party increases the chance of a rare item dropping, but it does not however increase your chances I don't believe.

2) No, not that I know of.

4) Yes, in most instances, since usually more people = more things going on, more people tend to lag. That is why the PvE limit is 5 people, and the town limit is 25 people, because some devices PL is player on couldn't handle any more.

Korinzo
02-14-2011, 07:33 PM
How can I transfer items such as armor and weapons between toons?

Sanatorium
02-14-2011, 07:34 PM
How can I transfer items such as armor and weapons between toons?
You can use the stash found in Forest Haven or Balefort Castle.

bobmccarther
02-14-2011, 11:23 PM
if you purchase additional inventory slots, do you only get those extra slots for one character or for every character on that account.

Physiologic
02-14-2011, 11:26 PM

Just for that one character you bought it under.

Moogerfooger
02-14-2011, 11:29 PM

I just picked up a Presto's Gem in Meathead's Deli as well.

hugosukmeoff
02-15-2011, 12:32 AM
am stuck on 5 quest completed in forest haven and wont complete any more for that pack?
I have killed meat head around 10 times now and done the last level for the orb yet in my options it still tells me to go talk to kluth level 4???
why cant i complete the orb quest?

if gone on and done all the quests in dark forest so my character is level 14 now. but this issue has been since i started and i cant seem to finish the quest no matter how many times i complete it?

Cabero
02-15-2011, 01:02 AM
Klutch will be in the start of map 5 for the turn in. If you look at your quest log it tells you when you click on the quest. "Find Klutch in Forest Haven Chapter 5 for your reward" on the right hand side ones you click on the quest in your log. There is also a go to button on the bottom right of your quest log once you click on the quest in your log.

Duke
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I just picked up a Presto's Gem in Meathead's Deli as well.

I got a Gladiator's Gem there as well. Edit: actually 2... trying to sell one off...

ArkAngel0o0
02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm a teddy bear, should i ever up my intelligence or dexterity, what does dexterity even mean? -

Also in your experience is it better to trade or giveaway items when you get new ones, or is it better to sell them in the store? Thanks!

Duke
02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm a teddy bear, should i ever up my intelligence or dexterity, what does dexterity even mean?

In general, you should consult the very well-made class guide for your class (check the Warrior subforum). This will explain the options and why each choice works or doesn't work in a specific build concept.

I generally just liquidate anything epic (purple) or lower. Haven't had much luck with trading, slightly better in the consignment shop. I do have a pretty full stash, though. ;)

bobmccarther
02-15-2011, 07:50 PM
What is the difference between the lost expedition and the elite frozen dungeon? Which is recommended?

Duke
02-16-2011, 10:11 AM

Lost Expedition is a "standard" campaign, for recommended levels 25-30 (gives XP up to level 33), with 14 quests. It plays much like the previous campaigns, with the general increase in difficulty of mobs, which should be offset by your character's increased power at those levels.

Frozen Nightmares is a "level 30 elite" campaign with 2 (really, really long) quests, and it's bloody murderous unless you've got a solid team. It's quite possible to do with a group of 5 30-somethings who know what they're doing, but I've seen groups of high 40's to 50 get wiped if they make mistakes or aren't balanced enough. On the other hand, the level 30 pinks that drop are as good, if not better, than most or all of the level 33/35 equipment, and the drop rate seems to be relatively high.

StompArtist
02-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Lost Expedition is a "standard" campaign, for recommended levels 25-30 (gives XP up to level 33), with 14 quests. It plays much like the previous campaigns, with the general increase in difficulty of mobs, which should be offset by your character's increased power at those levels.

Frozen Nightmares is a "level 30 elite" campaign with 2 (really, really long) quests, and it's bloody murderous unless you've got a solid team. It's quite possible to do with a group of 5 30-somethings who know what they're doing, but I've seen groups of high 40's to 50 get wiped if they make mistakes or aren't balanced enough. On the other hand, the level 30 pinks that drop are as good, if not better, than most or all of the level 33/35 equipment, and the drop rate seems to be relatively high.

I do not know how new this is but it seems like we can use pots in the elite frozen dungeon now?

Duke
02-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I do not know how new this is but it seems like we can use pots in the elite frozen dungeon now?

Yes, you can. Even with a level 30-33 character, I don't really see much of a need, given that you should already have some decent regen going, plus the blue/green orbs in a pinch. Of course, by the time I realize a need a health pot, my reactions aren't quick enough to use it on time anyway. :)

Pharcyde
02-17-2011, 02:49 PM

1.) No, Spacetime's drop system is the fairest system out there, based on absolute 100% luck, nothing else effects it. If theres one person in the party or 100,000 people in the party, you still have the same exact chance of getting a rare drop.

2.) No, People have made superstitions based on countless cases of bad luck that lower levels have higher drop rates in high dungeons and higher levels have lower drop rates in low dungeons, all just superstitions and bad luck. Threat level however effects what level of items are dropped in a level range. Level 10 Pink Farming is a perfect example of that. The harder the opponent (or higher threat level), the higher level the drops were. Once you dropped the threat level, items dropped were much lower level. This same concept was also used in getting level 10 Holiday items to drop with a level 50 in the party.

3.) Yes, servers are like computers in many ways. A computer will run faster if there is more ram and memory available. A server will run faster if more ram and memory is available. Each player active in the game takes up memory and ram, meaning less is left to ensure smooth quality game play. If too many players get on, crashes and other bad things can happen to the server.

You get most of your health on the start of the game. You can add a little bit extra health with strength attributes. Certain gears, usually rare or special items give healthpoint boosts. You can replenish your health with Health Potions. You also will slowly replenish health with your H/S (Health Regeneration Per Second). Strength Attributes and most gears give you a boost in H/S, Strength gear gives you the biggest H/S boost.

What are the weird aliens in Alien Oasis Dungeons saying?

1.) The Aliens speak in their native language. Based on what other enemies/creatures say in other dungeons, we can assume it's along the line with "Hey, Intruders!" "Get Them!" "Take them to the Captive Pods!". But none of us know for sure.

2.) Proc is a common term used for the randomized special effects of certain weapons. Meaning your weapon will sometimes cause a effect on the enemy or inflict extra damage. It is completely randomized and there is nothing extra that people can do to cause them.

That means how many Enemies are remaining in the map. Way back when this game was new, it used to say # of Bad Guy's Left.

Only the Character you are purchasing them for. Stash spots are universal, they add additional storage space for all of your characters. But they do not stack, 75 stash spots gives you 75 spots in the stash for all of your characters to use, not 75 stash spots per character.

Help! I'm stuck on Quest #5 of Forest Haven and I can't seem to complete it!

"Klutch will be in the start of map 5 for the turn in. If you look at your quest log it tells you when you click on the quest. "Find Klutch in Forest Haven Chapter 5 for your reward" on the right hand side ones you click on the quest in your log. There is also a go to button on the bottom right of your quest log once you click on the quest in your log." - Cabero

"Lost Expedition is a "standard" campaign, for recommended levels 25-30 (gives XP up to level 33), with 14 quests. It plays much like the previous campaigns, with the general increase in difficulty of mobs, which should be offset by your character's increased power at those levels.

Frozen Nightmares is a "level 30 elite" campaign with 2 (really, really long) quests, and it's bloody murderous unless you've got a solid team. It's quite possible to do with a group of 5 30-somethings who know what they're doing, but I've seen groups of high 40's to 50 get wiped if they make mistakes or aren't balanced enough. On the other hand, the level 30 pinks that drop are as good, if not better, than most or all of the level 33/35 equipment, and the drop rate seems to be relatively high." - Duke

Both dungeons are very fun, so I recommend both of them. If platinum is short, I recommend getting Lost Expedition first.

You should look at the Warrior Class Discussion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Warrior-Class-Discussion) (Teddy Bears) section to see commonly asked questions by other Bears and find good guides by experienced veteran bears.

It depends on what kind of bear you plan on playing, theres a Strength Bear, Int Bear and Dex Bear. All are kind of complicated, so refer to the Link posted above and you will find everything you need there.

Dexterity - physical skill: ease and skill in physical movement, especially in using the hands and manipulating objects; quick wits: sharpness or quickness of mind. Or in Pocket Legend's terms, skill points best fit for archer builds or the bird class. I would never ever suggest a bear to put anything into Dex, unless the bear is planning on becoming a full on Dex Bear.

Also in my experience, it is better to sell them at the store. Gear is expensive, and people usually only gift gears for friends once they have built up a large amount of gold or gear piles.

Snakespeare
02-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Threat level however effects what level of items are dropped in a level range. Level 10 Pink Farming is a perfect example of that. The harder the opponent (or higher threat level), the higher level the drops were. Once you dropped the threat level, items dropped were much lower level.

Specifically, white threat level is desired when using a level 10 character in a level 10 map to get a level 10 item. If the threat color is still yellow, for instance, even if all the party is level 10 in DF1, the drop is level 11. So the variable is drop level and the constants are threat level and highest level player in a party. As more opponents are destroyed, the threat level decreases. For instance, one player level 10 in DF1 (a level 10 map) can get the threat level to white with about 22 remaining, whereas 2 players will need to get the remaining bad guys down to about 18, and three players need to get the bad guys down to about 13, etc. for the threat to become white in color. There are exceptions: especially some gear that has minimum levels. For instance, if a level 1 is solo in FH1 and gets an axe, that will be a level 2 item since there are no level 1 axes. The other exception is a solo lowbie in a high level will get the minimum level for that map even if the threat is yellow or red. I tested this with a level 5 in DF1 and the threat never stopped being red, but the drops were level 10.

This is a great thread!

Snakespeare
02-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Also, new players who are flamed should send a PM to the devs. The devs do not want new players flamed and will take care of it.

veocasa
02-20-2011, 12:17 PM

DawnInfinity
02-20-2011, 12:34 PM

Different difficulties of monsters give different experience depending on the color difficulty shown on their hp bars. I think it ranges from 1-2ish exp, you get bonus exp for being in groups.

Yvonnel
02-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Man I wish this had been around when I started.

hugosukmeoff
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Do i have to go for balefort castle as im level 15 or can i purchase and play in the alien place that is for level 50 extc......

I know going to the higher level places means i die quick but in a group i may survive and will get better gear...

lastly if i can purchase which ever one i want, which is the best place to go for good gear/equipment?

Pharcyde
02-20-2011, 08:49 PM

I know going to the higher level places means i die quick but in a group i may survive and will get better gear...

You can go to any map you want at any level, just as long as you own it. WARNING!!: If you go into say Alien Oasis as a level 15, you will get booted from games 99.9% of the time and your gameplay experience might be ruined. Also you won't learn how to be a good and efficient player if you skip lower dungeons. So I recommend playing balefort at lvl 15 but you can go into other dungeons, but for the cost of enjoyable gameplay.

Good gear is very hard to get and can take hours of farming. That's why I do not recommend going to Alien Oasis quite yet, because skilled groups of lvl 50's can go for hours without getting a good item. Also you wont be able to wear the higher gears because of your current level. Every dungeon has it's own good gear, you just have to farm for it.

hugosukmeoff
02-20-2011, 09:03 PM

thanks for the tip. So if i purchased the pack for one of the high levels and tried to do the campaign it wouldn't allow me as im not able to get quests for that dungeon yet due to not doing the lower levels first???
My only way to play in that dungeon would be to join or host a game in that dungeon right? (of course noted i will probably get booted for being too low a level)

Pharcyde
02-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Your allowed to play it but hosts do have a option that makes it so minimum levels are required to join that game. Most use it and if you get into one without it, you are still highly going to be booted. Players like having full parties of high levels and some levels, its required to be efficient.

Abni
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Just wondering why I when I inspect some people they have like 200 kills and are level 20+ and such. I have over 1k kills and only level 16... Is there a faster way to level up or something I'm missing?

EpuYue
02-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Those people are probably being power-leveled or are just plain leechers. You can lvl faster by joining high lvl maps but unless you're paying for it or someone is helping you to plvl, most high lvls do not like to have low lvls in their group and will usually boot them if they can help it.

Phoenixking
02-23-2011, 10:41 PM
How does the aggro works?

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-24-2011, 01:30 AM
How do you attack monsters? I know how to move around, but I just can't seem to figure out how to use the attack function. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Z_Brat
02-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Why is the freaking forum so freaking unfriendly!??? Question of the day for a newbie. I'd rather start a fan forum then have anything to do with the freaking forum. It sucks ...Rather than help all you creeps do is flame new people. I guess we all need to be senior members to get some freaking respect around here. I won't be back ''' f this place

Physiologic
02-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Why is the freaking forum so freaking unfriendly!??? Question of the day for a newbie. I'd rather start a fan forum then have anything to do with the freaking forum. It sucks ...Rather than help all you creeps do is flame new people. I guess we all need to be senior members to get some freaking respect around here. I won't be back ''' f this place

The biggest taboo subject in this forum is in fact power-leveling - the thread you looked up for those services no longer seem to exist because the general consensus is that power-leveling is detrimental to the community. Forumers are really friendly, but you just happened to come across a very touchy thread (one that most "senior members" wish to stay buried and hidden deep in the dark recesses of the internet). Any other question you have I have no doubt that you'll get a prompt and helpful reply.

Pharcyde
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Well almost no point in commenting back to this since you wont be back, but I will so that others can see this post. You commented on one of the worst threads possible for a new member. Power Leveling has QUITE LITERALLY killed the game. So we "Senior Members" take actions required to save the game, they aren't always nice or the best solution, but thats how many of us act in that sort of situation. So sorry that we stood up for the game and I take offense to you calling us creeps, so that goes hand and hand of why your getting flamed. If new members stopped looking up power leveling threads, then we would have no problem at all now.

Snakespeare
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Rather than help all you creeps do is flame new people.

Check out the list of available resources on this MB.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20352-Guides-Indexes-Helpsheets-amp-all-other-wonderful-stuff-in-one-place...

I am sure you will find that this board is very useful.

Kossi
03-01-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20427-A-Question-So-Baffling-Royce-is-Confused

what do i do?

SelfishEgo
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
How can you go directly to a give chapter instead of going through all of the chapters and advancing one by one. I mean I went through all Forest Heaven chapters, and now I've got a hint on quest log that says "see Klutch in Forest Heaven Ch. 4" I mean beasicaly how do you go to different levels in each campaign. I know that in case of an active quest you get a "Go To ..." button, but in case of this hint, such button does not show up.
Also I am not sure how Magic Portal works.

DawnInfinity
03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
When you go to the menu with the list of games to join there should be a button sayins "New Game". You can switch to the campaigns you want and tap on the chapter you wish to go to.

Phoenixking
03-01-2011, 10:42 PM
When you go to the menu with the list of games to join there should be a button sayins "New Game". You can switch to the campaigns you want and tap on the chapter you wish to go to.

Mistake! Its actually, host a game on mine......i read everything on each kevel so i remember quite some things....i get the story line cause i love learning about it im a PL HISTORIAN AND JOURNALIST!!!!

Madasiro
03-08-2011, 03:46 AM
Just started trolling the forum and here is my first noob question! xD

In trade I see a lot of threads refering to "CS prices".
Been looking all over the place but I can't find anything on what CS stand's for.

>> Goes back to the noob-cave

Inching
03-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Just started trolling the forum and here is my first noob question! xD

In trade I see a lot of threads refering to "CS prices".
Been looking all over the place but I can't find anything on what CS stand's for.

>> Goes back to the noob-cave

Consignment Shop in the Belfort Castle Town....... throws the hand written note in the noob cave

Madasiro
03-08-2011, 03:56 AM
collects the hand written note, reads it, and thinks, AAAahhhh....

Thanks ;)

XShadowboyX
03-08-2011, 05:55 AM
How do I get platinum? I tried the offers but they never seemed to add into my account. Why?

Zeus
03-08-2011, 09:58 AM
How do I get platinum? I tried the offers but they never seemed to add into my account. Why?

You need to download them AND open them for 15 seconds to a minute each. Then you will get the platinum. I'd just rather buy them by clicking on the platinum store icon (pile of silver coins) at the bottom of your screen. Then clicking platinum. Then purchasing the amount of platinum you want to buy.

Atila the nun
03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
How do you attack monsters? I know how to move around, but I just can't seem to figure out how to use the attack function. Help would be greatly appreciated.
It looks like no one addressed this, and based on the number of posts you have I doubt that you really need an answer but someone else might. Autoattack is the primary method of attacking, activate it by tapping the weapon icon (usually bottom right side of the screen). To stop attacking tap it again. It will automatically turn off if your original target dies, so you may have to continue to tap it to target a new mob. To change targets you can click on a mob or chest or other things in the environment. You can also cancel your attack by clicking on your own character.

Zeus
03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
It looks like no one addressed this, and based on the number of posts you have I doubt that you really need an answer but someone else might. Autoattack is the primary method of attacking, activate it by tapping the weapon icon (usually bottom right side of the screen). To stop attacking tap it again. It will automatically turn off if your original target dies, so you may have to continue to tap it to target a new mob. To change targets you can click on a mob or chest or other things in the environment. You can also cancel your attack by clicking on your own character.

He was being sarcastic sadly :(. He is a veteran PL player and knows quite well how to play the game.

Pharcyde
03-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Indeed, sadly it is sarcasm.

http://www.dbooth.net/internerd/images/cc.jpg

Looks legit doesn't it? Thats the scary thing about sarcasm! It looks sooo legit!!!!

romgar1
03-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Indeed, sadly it is sarcasm.

http://www.dbooth.net/internerd/images/cc.jpg

Looks legit doesn't it? Thats the scary thing about sarcasm! It looks sooo legit!!!!

AAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAA!!!! Im hurting, lol. I know some people that would be very offended by this even as a joke. Not me. hehehe

Atila the nun
03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
ROFL nice one Pharcyde! Like I said I expected that he didn't need the information, hopefully his sarcasm helps out someone who does need it. I also added some details tuhat apparently weren't well known, I'd just read this post before I added mine:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20680-BUG-SUGGESTION-aim-gt-out-of-range&p=226863#post226863

Thanks for the cat carrier pic, I'm gonna go pick one up! ;-)

TehNothing
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes, I feel stupid. But I need help, nonetheless. I am in Fort Blackstone. I have a quest ready to turn in called Greenskins Go Home. It tells me to return it to Commander Blackhawk. I can't find him. I have been all over this place but can't find this person.

Again, I already feel stupid. Please don't pile it on. :)

Thanks

TehNothing
03-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Also, another question: How can I find out what quests I have completed? In Forest Haven, I have completed 18/19 but i don't know which one I should be looking for. The only person I can find with an exclamation point is the crafting dude & I don't want to do those things again. Unless I have to do get to the last quest.

Thanks in advance for the help!

TehNothing
03-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Also, another question: How can I find out what quests I have completed? In Forest Haven, I have completed 18/19 but i don't know which one I should be looking for. The only person I can find with an exclamation point is the crafting dude & I don't want to do those things again. Unless I have to do get to the last quest.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Nevermind on this one - I figured it out. Now have 19/19, so yay.

Pharcyde
03-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Yes, I feel stupid. But I need help, nonetheless. I am in Fort Blackstone. I have a quest ready to turn in called Greenskins Go Home. It tells me to return it to Commander Blackhawk. I can't find him. I have been all over this place but can't find this person.

Again, I already feel stupid. Please don't pile it on. :)

Thanks

First of all, never ever feel stupid for asking questions on the forum. Wanna know why? Veterans, experts and old time players always are posting questions on these forums, sometimes they are basic logic or as some define a "noob" question. I actually had a noob question the other day regarding the alien oasis quest series.

Second of all for you question, Commander Blackhawk is kind of hard to find, many people have trouble locating him at first.

Commander Blackhawk is located in front of the entrance to Wyldwood. You can get there by going into the castle and taking a immediate right turn back into the forest. Blackhawk will be a little ways down to your left.

TehNothing
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Just found him - thanks so much! I appreciate your help and patience!

Naunabam
03-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Hello,
I have a question: What does each of these red or purple and other color orbs do that you can find an pick up in the AO3 maps for example?
Thanks for your answer

TehNothing
03-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I've never played rpg or mmo before so some of the abbreviations are confusing. I am trying to pick a weapon and I don't know what m/s or h/s means and if they any more important than hit or dodge or any of that other stuff.

Thanks!

noneo
03-12-2011, 11:34 AM
I've never played rpg or mmo before so some of the abbreviations are confusing. I am trying to pick a weapon and I don't know what m/s or h/s means and if they any more important than hit or dodge or any of that other stuff.

Thanks!

m/s is the number of Mana generated per second
h/s is the number of health generated per second
Crit% is the chance that you will hit 2X damage on an enemy
Hit% is the chance that you will hit an enemy
Dodge% is the chance that an enemy will DODGE your attack
Take a look at this chart for a clarification on HIT, MISS, and DODGE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/algorithm.jpg

If you want an in depth explanation you can check out Advanced Mechanics by Physiologic here... http://tinyurl.com/4u6bkuj

noneo
03-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Hello,
I have a question: What does each of these red or purple and other color orbs do that you can find an pick up in the AO3 maps for example?
Thanks for your answer

Red = damage
Purple = armor or dodge
Green = health
Blue = mana
yellow = run faster

You can also check out this thread - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19591-Orb-etiquette

Echelong
03-12-2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks!

m/s = mana per second which means the mana regeneration per second and h/s is health per second. After 85% there is a cap from what Physiologic tested. Depending on your class you will need more mana regen or health regen for example enchantress need m/s and h/s is useless to them because they can heal but archers and bears need h/s. Bears don't need a lot of m/s because their skills don't use to much mana and archers need both but most likely will depend on pots.

TehNothing
03-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Wow, thanks for the quick responses. I am an enchantress so the m/s sounds more important to me.

I appreciate the help!

DoxieLove
03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
How do other player know what you have in your inventory? I have been playing a quest and someone will ask foe a specific item I have. How do I see what other have to trade befor they enter items in the trade screen?

Pharcyde
03-12-2011, 09:53 PM
How do other player know what you have in your inventory? I have been playing a quest and someone will ask foe a specific item I have. How do I see what other have to trade befor they enter items in the trade screen?

If I understand what your saying correctly, they know what you have and ask because they can see what items you obtain as drops from monsters.

You can check by going to your inventory screen, and look for the item they are asking for. Lets say the player asks you for the green helmet you have named "Wizards hood". Go to the helmet section of your inventory, look for a item that is green in font and named "Wizards hood". You can then trade it to them after you have looked at it and decided what you want to do with the item.

Hope that helps, if not, I can try to re-explain it again.

lilbyrdie
03-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Can someone talk about item sets? What they are? How to spot them (e.g. does the interface show the bonus, or do you have to watch for it yourself by seeing the stat change more than the last item added should account for)? Are they generally better than picking and choosing the best of various item types (assuming same level of items, etc.)? Best way to compare them against individual items (seems difficult without creating a fairly large spreadsheet based on work of those in the forums)?

I generally choose items based on int, h/s, m/s, and armor. If all of those stats are the same or better, the item I'm looking it is likely "better." But will set bonus show without equipping the item if I have the other 2-3 items of the set already equipped?

This method has, so far, led me to completely ignore sets. In fact, only reading in the forums am I really even aware that sets exist at all. The game itself has no indication of them (naming of items aside). I certainly don't recall any quests building up a set and showing a bonus...

Pharcyde
03-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Answers descending in the order asked.

1.) Sets are when you equip certain items for a stat bonus. Usually the bonuses are small, but top tier gears usually have bonuses which is a advantage.

2.) You can spot a set - because you have sparkles that come out of your chest and raise above your head.

3.) Most people don't notice the set, because the bonus automatically adds to your stats when you equip the very last piece of the set. So most people will just notice their stats increased based on what the item they just equipped.

- Then the sparkles only show when you refresh your avatar page after you equipped the full set.

4.) The bonuses are so small that you would want to choose the best gears at your level. The best gears usually have a set bonus anyways. Bonuses start appearing at level 35 with swamp gear.

5.) no the set bonus does not show without equipping the item. The stat preview only shows how the item your viewing will effect your stats. The bonus only shows to your stats when all items are equipped.

6.) The game does not have a good set recognition system in it yet. As for quests, only one quest set is in the game currently. That would be Mystery Armor of the Ancients lvl 50 in Alien Oasis 3.

Zeus
03-13-2011, 05:55 PM
6.) The game does not have a good set recognition system in it yet. As for quests, only one quest set is in the game currently. That would be Mystery Armor of the Ancients lvl 50 in Alien Oasis 3.[/QUOTE]

Ahem... Cyber armor :D

Pharcyde
03-13-2011, 05:59 PM
6.) The game does not have a good set recognition system in it yet. As for quests, only one quest set is in the game currently. That would be Mystery Armor of the Ancients lvl 50 in Alien Oasis 3.

Ahem... Cyber armor :D[/QUOTE]

oh yeah just now remembered, still lvl 50 so ahah I am still correct! It is one quest set of lvl 50 ;) *smirky smile*

EpuYue
03-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Ahem... Cyber armor :D

oh yeah just now remembered, still lvl 50 so ahah I am still correct! It is one quest set of lvl 50 ;) *smirky smile*[/QUOTE]

Lol.. I think he/she should also note that for the mystery set, he/she will need to use platinum in order to get the quest for the weapon in that set..;)

hugosukmeoff
03-16-2011, 09:45 PM
quick question - Why do some equipment have a red background and others a clear background. I am aware of the different quality classes eg: white, amber green, purple pink etc..
I have noticed that equipment with a red background colour of the item name always has a higher spec than with a clear background.

hope i explained it properly. Not easy to say without a screen shot i guess.

Henixify
03-17-2011, 12:16 AM
What's the drop rate on a gem from balefort with a yellow threat? I'm trying to get that d*MN hawkeye.

rasalgethi
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
how can you restrict members in a party? ive seen games where i get a message that says party is reserved for other members. thanks in advance.

Moogerfooger
03-17-2011, 01:01 PM
quick question - Why do some equipment have a red background and others a clear background. I am aware of the different quality classes eg: white, amber green, purple pink etc..
I have noticed that equipment with a red background colour of the item name always has a higher spec than with a clear background.

hope i explained it properly. Not easy to say without a screen shot i guess.

The items with the clear background are items that you can equip with your current attribute points, as in you've met all requirements.

The red backgrounded items are ones you are not able to equip....yet :)

Pharcyde
03-17-2011, 06:22 PM
how can you restrict members in a party? ive seen games where i get a message that says party is reserved for other members. thanks in advance.

Inviting players temporarily hold their spot for them. So if you invite 50 people, no one in the join game menu will be able to join for a little bit.

Then the join game menu is slow to refresh. So it might say there is 1 person in the game, when actually, there is 5 people and the game is full.

What's the drop rate on a gem from balefort with a yellow threat? I'm trying to get that d*MN hawkeye.

If I am correct, Gems only drop in Forest Haven and maybe dark forest.

Snakespeare
03-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Inviting players temporarily holds their spot for them.

You learn something new every day. Thanks. So that is why it keeps saying full when there are only four people in the game.

Kalielle
03-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Inviting players temporarily hold their spot for them. So if you invite 50 people, no one in the join game menu will be able to join for a little bit.

Is that true? Never knew it either. I swear whenever I invite someone, some random seems to join the next second and take the last free spot (leading to the awkward "sorry full" conversation/booting).

I noticed that when the Next Game screen appears, the spots in the next game will be reserved for a while for people who haven't yet clicked Next. So that's one other way you can have four party members and yet have the game register as full. A friend noticed that the spot eventually gets "unreserved" once you clear a few mobs in the upper level.

EpuYue
03-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Is that true? Never knew it either. I swear whenever I invite someone, some random seems to join the next second and take the last free spot (leading to the awkward "sorry full" conversation/booting).

I noticed that when the Next Game screen appears, the spots in the next game will be reserved for a while for people who haven't yet clicked Next. So that's one other way you can have four party members and yet have the game register as full. A friend noticed that the spot eventually gets "unreserved" once you clear a few mobs in the upper level.

I noticed the same thing.. sometimes after i invite other ppl still join and take up the space..

Pharcyde
03-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Invites from other players in the party are reserved too. So if the entire party is inviting like mad, everyone is loosing their reserved spots pretty rapidly.

Jinlac
03-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Is the animation of Blinding Shot used for anything else?

edit: nvm^^

Lizardfeather
03-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Like Pharcyde said, I'm pretty sure it's only Forest Haven. I wanted to add that monster threat color depends on your level, it changes as you level up so it doesn't really work as a description :)

Atila the nun
03-20-2011, 07:08 AM
Ok I'm willing to admit that it took me awhile to realize that the monster's difficulty level is indicated on their health bar... the circle on the left end of the bar will be a different color depending on the difficulty of the monster. I think its just a simple level comparison, if your level is low and the monster's level is high, the circle is red. If you level up and fight the same monster the circle could change to some other color (blue?). Does anyone remember the color breakdown?

rambisco
03-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Can someone explain to me how to use the auction? I go to the people, and there is no items at the auction. Do I need to buy auction slots to get things from the auction?
And what does DPS stand for? Damage per second? Thanks in advance...

Victorm
03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
You don't need to buy slots in the auction to buy gear just stablish a parameter of whatever you are looking for, that's it

And dps means damage per second yes.

Pharcyde
03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok I'm willing to admit that it took me awhile to realize that the monster's difficulty level is indicated on their health bar... the circle on the left end of the bar will be a different color depending on the difficulty of the monster. I think its just a simple level comparison, if your level is low and the monster's level is high, the circle is red. If you level up and fight the same monster the circle could change to some other color (blue?). Does anyone remember the color breakdown?

Grey - No exp Easy
Blue - 1/3rd exp Easy-Medium
White - 1/2 exp Medium
Yellow - full exp Hard
Red - Full exp Hard
Green - Not sure, got introduced to alien oasis with level 56 cap.

Nifty
03-20-2011, 06:55 PM
just starded playing and i have a question im confused on how to unlock lvls i just bought platnium to get lvling but i dont want to buy the wrong map. im curently lvl 20. do i have to buy all the maps? or can i just buy like 2 and still get to 56?

Pharcyde
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
And what does DPS stand for? Damage per second? Thanks in advance...

In order to see items on the list, you must press search. You can really define what you see on the list, look at the screenshot below to see how defined I use my search options.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/7c25d685.jpg

Buy - You purchase items under that tab, thats the tab I have selected (yellow).
Sell - You put items up for sale under that tab
My Sales - Shows what items you currently have up for sale on the consignment shop.
Gear (Select Item by Category) - See how on the top right of the picture, the sword is selected? That means browse for weapons. You can browse for helms under the helm tab, armor under the armor tab, shield under the shield tab, ect.
Enter 'Name' to Search - Type in the name of the item you are looking for, it will show you all results that turn up for your search.
Search (Yellow Button) - Press that to find results
Show Usable Items Only (Checkbox) - If you have this checked, it will only show you items that you can immediately equip on your character, because you fit the requirements to use it.
Preview on Avatar - Press that to see what the item will look like on your Avatar.
Min./Max. Level - Fill in what the minimum level of the item you want to find, and the maximum. Say your level 20, and getting level 30 results. Put in max. level for 20, and you will get only level 20 and below for results.
Search by 'Rarity' - Item color determines rarity.
Pink: Legendary
Purple: Epic
Green: Rare
Orange: Uncommon
White: Common
Grey: Trash

Yes, DPS means damage per second.

Pharcyde
03-20-2011, 07:05 PM
just starded playing and i have a question im confused on how to unlock lvls i just bought platnium to get lvling but i dont want to buy the wrong map. im curently lvl 20. do i have to buy all the maps? or can i just buy like 2 and still get to 56?

You can buy two maps and get to 56, but your going to have a really unenjoyable playing time. High level maps such as Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers requires full parties of high level people, and some tactical arrangements like how many Avians, bears and Enchantresses there are in a party. So if you are level 10 and join a level 50+ map, it is likely that you will be booted 99% of the time. So I recommend you buy maps as you go. You can always get more free platinum from the tapjoy wall, Spacetimestudios regularly adds more free offers to that wall.

Lost Expidition - OPTIONAL: you can get Croc Swamps instead, but leveling is much slower.

Optional Maps:
Frozen Nightmares
Skeller Crunch Returns
Alien Oasis 1
PvP maps
CTF maps
MAYBE Lost Expedition

I recommend you eventually get all maps, because they are all super fun and loaded with game play, but if platinum is short, get the recommended maps first, and in descending order I listed.

Nifty
03-20-2011, 07:07 PM

Optional Maps:
Frozen Nightmares
Skeller Crunch Returns
Alien Oasis 1
PvP maps
CTF maps
MAYBE Lost Expedition

thanks! for the help

Sensibud
03-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyway to message players in the game who are not on the map or on friends list. I would like to be able to ask to join games in Alien Oasis prior to jumping in, getting booted makes me sad:(

Pharcyde
03-21-2011, 08:18 PM
If you friend messages you, all you have to type is:

/r type message here

Then to send a message to a friend:

/t person name here type message here

/ means command
t means tell
r means reply
there is a space between r and the message
then there is a space between t, player name, and message.

example:

/r hey! how are you bob?

/t bob hey! how are you bob?

Sensibud
03-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Awesome, thank you

rambisco
03-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the tip!

GrandmaBear
03-25-2011, 10:00 PM
I haven't seen this 'threat level' thing--maybe because when it appears, I'm too busy fighting. Can someone please post a screenshot?

FAQ:

"Specifically, white threat level is desired when using a level 10 character in a level 10 map to get a level 10 item. If the threat color is still yellow, for instance, even if all the party is level 10 in DF1, the drop is level 11. So the variable is drop level and the constants are threat level and highest level player in a party. As more opponents are destroyed, the threat level decreases. For instance, one player level 10 in DF1 (a level 10 map) can get the threat level to white with about 22 remaining, whereas 2 players will need to get the remaining bad guys down to about 18, and three players need to get the bad guys down to about 13, etc. for the threat to become white in color. There are exceptions: especially some gear that has minimum levels. For instance, if a level 1 is solo in FH1 and gets an axe, that will be a level 2 item since there are no level 1 axes. The other exception is a solo lowbie in a high level will get the minimum level for that map even if the threat is yellow or red. I tested this with a level 5 in DF1 and the threat never stopped being red, but the drops were level 10." - Snakespear

I reread this and I get the gist of it, but, if you don't mind, can you please confirm this--I was once asked by a level 50 to join them to farm (I'm level 30), and I'm wondering about the effects of the level of the characters. I got the impression from the quote above that there is no connection between level of characters and the threat level, and then... you lost me there (sorry!).

And thanks for doing this, a real boon!

GrandmaBear
03-26-2011, 06:34 AM
This is simply me being extremely hopeful and would probably send most of you experienced players into fits...

Are you ready?

Okay... *deep breath*

When you buy those headphones, do you get different theme music playing?

cuz that would really rock :)

Pharcyde
03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen this 'threat level' thing--maybe because when it appears, I'm too busy fighting. Can someone please post a screenshot?

I reread this and I get the gist of it, but, if you don't mind, can you please confirm this--I was once asked by a level 50 to join them to farm (I'm level 30), and I'm wondering about the effects of the level of the characters. I got the impression from the quote above that there is no connection between level of characters and the threat level, and then... you lost me there (sorry!).

And thanks for doing this, a real boon!

Threat Levels determine how much Experience is granted per kill in a dungeon. You get experience even if you weren't the one who killed the enemy. The exp rates are as such:

Grey - zero exp per kill
Blue - 1/3 exp per kill
White - 1/2 exp per kill
Yellow - 1 exp per kill
Green - Similar to grey, but only for alien oasis 3 for some odd reason
Red - 1 exp per kill

Edit: You effect the level of drops and enemies in higher level parties. But it only goes down to the minimum suggested level of the party, depending on the players. So, example:

5 level 30's are running Balefort Sewers. Balefort Sewers is a level 51-55 dungeon. The monsters and loot will be 51. Now, the second a level 55-56 joins that party, all monsters in the party bump up to 55 and all loots bump up to 55. It's a hard concept to explain.

Sigkill
03-27-2011, 02:47 PM
gosh, after being bored and scrolling through I've noticed how much work you put into this Brandon. I seriously hope you are the next guardian of arterra.

noobmigo
03-27-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd advise replacing support @ spacetimestudios.com with support[at]spacetimestudios.com to prevent spam bots from picking up the address. Small chance but still.

SundayForever
03-28-2011, 02:53 AM
I don't wanna ask on forums because Banned/TT and various other will flame me.. " Made me laugh but are the forums really that aggressive now?

Buy Maplestory Mesos (http://www.buymaplestory.com)
Rift Platinum (http://www.zyy.com/gold/Rift-Planes-of-Telara-US-Platinum.html)
Buy RS Gold (http://www.fzf.com/Runescape.gold)

Redbridge
03-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Hey SundayForever, the forums are a good place to seek some support and find out the answers to any questions you have. As with any forum though, there are some rude and inconsiderate posters who lack a little in the way of personal skills but they are generally drowned out by the vast majority of friendly and helpful regulars of all ages and abilities.. Welcome along and take a look at the link in my signature for a list of the guides that some of the more experienced and respected members have taken the time to create.

This thread in particular was created to ensure any question can be added without fear of criticism. Any flaming/trolling your questions won't be tolerated on this thread.

Good luck..

Nesper
03-28-2011, 09:25 AM
so quick question...if i purchase an elixer does it immediately go into effect?

Echelong
03-28-2011, 09:28 AM
so quick question...if i purchase an elixer does it immediately go into effect?

Yes and it will last for 5 minutes, till you die or if you change stages or use a portal to another stage

Nesper
03-28-2011, 09:35 AM
ahhh so going to next level will also remove it. ok good to know, thank you for your quick response :)

lordspector
03-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Is there any way to get rid of the flashing yellow exclamation maek that appears at bottom of my screen in areas i can no longer get credit? Ive gone into my settings and switched exp gain off to see if it would make a difference but ir didnt.

Zeus
03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Is there any way to get rid of the flashing yellow exclamation maek that appears at bottom of my screen in areas i can no longer get credit? Ive gone into my settings and switched exp gain off to see if it would make a difference but ir didnt.

Unfortunately. There isn't. You will just have to deal with it. You can minimize it though, by tapping on it.

Azuless
03-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I seem to be doing missions to craft everyday but i dont quiet understand how it goes...Whenever i return and complete the mission i get rewarded with leather, cloth etc which i then go to craft item and i can only do cloth recipe and leather recipe but i never seem to be able to do mage hats, armour etc?? Is there something im doing wrong maybe?
Thank you!

lordspector
03-29-2011, 12:32 PM
On forest haven theres an area blocked off called hidden area.whats it about and how do i get there?

Redbridge
03-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I seem to be doing missions to craft everyday but i dont quiet understand how it goes...Whenever i return and complete the mission i get rewarded with leather, cloth etc which i then go to craft item and i can only do cloth recipe and leather recipe but i never seem to be able to do mage hats, armour etc?? Is there something im doing wrong maybe?
Thank you!

Hey Azuless

For crafting you need a recipe. You'll see that the ones you have done so far, the recipes have been free.... sort of like a training exercise on how to craft items which could be used for further crafting...

Hats, armour, etc also need recipes but these aren't freely available as the others. You have to play the game and hope that they drop but they are very rare. For recipes for Forest Haven levels you need to be playing maps over and over again in the hope that you will get the item you are hoping will drop. This is called farming.

The best successes for farming lvl5 and lvl15 recipes have been said to be in Meathead's Deli, but like i have said they are very rare. One senior player has recently taken a break for the game as he wasn't succesful after days/weeks of farming for these recipes..... It's all down to luck... I have heard of people getting 3 recipes in the same day.

Take a look at the link in my signature which is a list of some of the most useful guides there are on the forums. Take a look at the crafting section for some good guides/tips.

Good Luck

GrandmaBear
03-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Ah cool, sorry for delay responding-- didn't have time before. Thanks!

discordelia
04-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I have just started playing an enchantress (level 9) and I am wondering if it is possible to heal other players with my heal spell or only myself?

EpuYue
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Once you cast heal you'll automatically heal all members of the team including yourself. Those who are out of the spell range will not get healed though. :)

Lovenus
04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi people. ^^ I have a question. Anyone know the exact map where I can farm a level 19 pink shield? I need to know which chapter of Balefort. Thanks.

Aneralith
04-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi! Been playing a while but never checked the forums before! I know this makes me sound like a total idiot, but I've done 17 quests in Alien Oasis and I cannot find anymore...I keep heading off to the desert road and the pyramid, but I'm not finding any, and don't want to move off an area when I still have loads of quests to complete. Can anyone tell me where I'm (clearly) going wrong? - thx

EpuYue
04-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Some AO quests can be obtained from the NPC 'Sihoo' (did I spell that right? seems wrong to me :/) in the AO maps themselves. You can see the NPC at the beginning once you enter the map.

dingiestsafe
04-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Some quests have a level requirement. So you have to be at a certain level before the others will show up

Snakespeare
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Hi! Been playing a while but never checked the forums before! I know this makes me sound like a total idiot, but I've done 17 quests in Alien Oasis and I cannot find anymore...I keep heading off to the desert road and the pyramid, but I'm not finding any, and don't want to move off an area when I still have loads of quests to complete. Can anyone tell me where I'm (clearly) going wrong? - thx

Have you checked the quest guide?
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21190-A-Pocket-Legends-Quest-Guide

liquidmojo
04-11-2011, 05:50 AM
My apologies if this has already been answered.
Is it possible to build two different specs with different skill and stat point allocations and then toggle between them... Much like WoW dual spec?
F
or example: I have an enchantress and would like one setup to be fill int with primarily ape nuke type skill points for pve/leveling. I would also like another setup that mixes int/str and has other skills such as ice storm and frostbite for pvp. I would like to be able.to toggle back and forth without spending platinum to respecced and then rebuilding my stats/skills & and gear loadout overtime.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Ellyidol
04-11-2011, 05:52 AM
My apologies if this has already been answered.
Is it possible to build two different specs with different skill and stat point allocations and then toggle between them... Much like WoW dual spec?
F
or example: I have an enchantress and would like one setup to be fill int with primarily ape nuke type skill points for pve/leveling. I would also like another setup that mixes int/str and has other skills such as ice storm and frostbite for pvp. I would like to be able.to toggle back and forth without spending platinum to respecced and then rebuilding my stats/skills & and gear loadout overtime.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Nope, its not possible.

You have one set of stat points and one set of skill points, the only way you can change them is by using platinum to respec.

The only things you can switch between each other is gear, using your loadouts.

liquidmojo
04-11-2011, 07:02 AM
okay, I was afraid of that. thanks for the quick reply.

vol
04-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I had to look up what twinking was, and I must ask, why the desire to twink? I mean it seems like fun to have all this uber equipment on a level 20 toon, but it seems that the ability to quest would be severely hampered (although I am sure twinks have more powerful alts).

Ellyidol
04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I had to look up what twinking was, and I must ask, why the desire to twink? I mean it seems like fun to have all this uber equipment on a level 20 toon, but it seems that the ability to quest would be severely hampered (although I am sure twinks have more powerful alts).

You are right, most twinks either have capped level alts or are just not interested in end-game at all.

I can see where the fun in twinking is, its the challenge in having a limited amount of stat/skill points and trying to create a perfect build. It also allows more room for PvP skill since more strategy comes into play than end-game PvP, IMO.

vol
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. I can see where skill would become more of a factor. Perhaps in the future after I have obtained more gold,levels and more gear, I shall try it. Unfortunately there is that skill thing you mentioned ... :/

superss
04-11-2011, 11:19 AM
i have a question about farming! were do you find gold fever and zyxnarr (spelled wrong i know but you know what i mean)

Kalielle
04-11-2011, 12:24 PM
i have a question about farming! were do you find gold fever and zyxnarr (spelled wrong i know but you know what i mean)

Gold fever is in Baelfort Sewers map 1.

The level 25 Vyxnaar is in a dungeon that you can find if you take one of the roads out of the Fathom Crypt town. I always forget which one.

There's also supposedly a level 50 Vyxnaar helm that drops in the Shadow Caves, no one knows exactly where.

superss
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
cool thanks!

Solo Man
04-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Where is Broke in forest haven? looked everywhere in town

Major
04-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Don't think there is a Broke. Think your thinking of Burke, he is right before the stash in FH.

Solo Man
04-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Thank you :)

Solo Man
04-12-2011, 01:20 AM
sorry major...it was Drake in forest haven....Chapter 6 hope you can help

Energel
04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
First post, gah, here goes nothing.

1) what is the cheapest method to buy all levels of the game? (meaning areas, not actual levels)
2) I'm level 13 and have no more quests to do in dark forest and forest haven, do I just have to grind it out? If so where is the best place?

Thanks guys/girls.

bleuebird
05-10-2011, 12:27 PM
I've been playing for half a week, and here are the questions I still have after doing a basic perusal of the forums:

1. What's with all the random friend requests? I get them from people who haven't talked to me, typically on entering a dungeon. I could understand people sending them at the end of the dungeon if they liked partying with someone. I have asked a half dozen of these people about it, and only two responded at all (I could understand some not responding if they were busy when I tried to ask them) and the closest I got to an answer was "lol that's the way it is". Why are people sending me friends requests when even they can't tell me why? There must be some benefit for them if they're bothering to hit the button.

I've been leaving them neither accepted nor rejected so that my friend indicator means someone I want to play with is online but I'm on their requested list so they can keep track of and message me if they want to.

2. Is there any way to tell where someone is if you're not in the same place as them?

3. Are the unlocked games in the list of games to join the same ones that people join when they use options like going to a quest in their log or going in the magic portal? That is, if someone hosts one of these games will they be joined by those people, or only people who selected their game in the join list?

4. Does dungeon difficulty scale with the number of people in the dungeon? It seems this way but I haven't seen mention of this anywhere.

Thanks to anyone that can enlighten me on any of these issues.

NeoQueen
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I've been playing for half a week, and here are the questions I still have after doing a basic perusal of the forums:

1. What's with all the random friend requests? I get them from people who haven't talked to me, typically on entering a dungeon. I could understand people sending them at the end of the dungeon if they liked partying with someone. I have asked a half dozen of these people about it, and only two responded at all (I could understand some not responding if they were busy when I tried to ask them) and the closest I got to an answer was "lol that's the way it is". Why are people sending me friends requests when even they can't tell me why? There must be some benefit for them if they're bothering to hit the button.

I've been leaving them neither accepted nor rejected so that my friend indicator means someone I want to play with is online but I'm on their requested list so they can keep track of and message me if they want to.

2. Is there any way to tell where someone is if you're not in the same place as them?

3. Are the unlocked games in the list of games to join the same ones that people join when they use options like going to a quest in their log or going in the magic portal? That is, if someone hosts one of these games will they be joined by those people, or only people who selected their game in the join list?

4. Does dungeon difficulty scale with the number of people in the dungeon? It seems this way but I haven't seen mention of this anywhere.

Thanks to anyone that can enlighten me on any of these issues.

1. People just like to friend everyone just because. It's your preference whether you accept or not. On my main account I only have level 55 and 56 players and friend alts due to the fact that there used to be power leveling and I didn't want lower levels in a Sewer game. On my others I only accept players I have run with and they show they are proficient.

2. When you look at your friend list it tells you where they are and depending on your level gives you the option to join them. If you know their IGN but aren't their friend you can manually add them or /tell IGN to talk to them.

3. If a game is hosted than a player has to manually go in and join that game. You will see that games with the campaign title as the host are games randomly started by players entering a portal or doing a quest. Those games can be manually joined through join game or by entering a portal or doing a quest.

4. I don't believe so. Dungeons are at a specific difficulty and are easier with a full, competent group as opposed to soloing.

NeoQueen
05-10-2011, 01:08 PM
First post, gah, here goes nothing.

1) what is the cheapest method to buy all levels of the game? (meaning areas, not actual levels)
2) I'm level 13 and have no more quests to do in dark forest and forest haven, do I just have to grind it out? If so where is the best place?

Thanks guys/girls.

1. Cheapest method is buying the dungeon packs.

2. You can get up to level 15 I believe but after that the next place is the castle. You can grind to level up as high as possible or just go to the next campaign.

bleuebird
05-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the helpful response.

1. People just like to friend everyone just because. It's your preference whether you accept or not. On my main account I only have level 55 and 56 players and friend alts due to the fact that there used to be power leveling and I didn't want lower levels in a Sewer game. On my others I only accept players I have run with and they show they are proficient.

People just like larger friends lists for the sake of counting them or something? "Because" implies that hitting that button is somehow inherently enjoyable, and nothing exciting happens to me when I hit it...

Or maybe the answer to 2 is part of the answer; if you add everyone in the game to your friends list then you have more information on everyone in the game.

4. I don't believe so. Dungeons are at a specific difficulty and are easier with a full, competent group as opposed to soloing.

My experience has been that dungeons are easiest with a full party, but they are easier to solo than duo. I figured a full party meant that benefit of synergies between different classes outweighed the scaling, but two wasn't enough to get that benefit. But maybe they're just easier to solo than duo because typically that second person doesn't pull as carefully as I do.

NeoQueen
05-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the helpful response.

People just like larger friends lists for the sake of counting them or something? "Because" implies that hitting that button is somehow inherently enjoyable, and nothing exciting happens to me when I hit it...

Or maybe the answer to 2 is part of the answer; if you add everyone in the game to your friends list then you have more information on everyone in the game.

I would say that a possible reason could be that the more friends you have the more games you can join. If you have a wider variety of games to join then you don't have to worry about PUGs. Also, lower levels try to friend higher levels because then if they need help they have a higher level to turn to.

My experience has been that dungeons are easiest with a full party, but they are easier to solo than duo. I figured a full party meant that benefit of synergies between different classes outweighed the scaling, but two wasn't enough to get that benefit. But maybe they're just easier to solo than duo because typically that second person doesn't pull as carefully as I do.

It really depends on where you are and how much time you want to spend on it. Soloing at the higher dungeons is VERY hard. I would never recommend trying to do Keeper due to the fact that you can spend 30 minutes on it if you're not a bird. Also, try soloing a boss in the Sewers and let me know how long it took to get through the mobs and then the boss...lol...I can only imagine.

uberjer
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I saw the chart that explains how much EXP you get based on threat level (see below).

I'm curious about how it works when you're in groups. I've seen that you get bonus EXP if you're in groups. How does that work? Is it the bigger the group, the better? Or do you just need one other? I'd love to get more details on this. Also, does having a higher level player in the group affect the EXP you get? Would the higher level player cause more enemies to be RED?

Grey - zero exp per kill
Blue - 1/3 exp per kill
White - 1/2 exp per kill
Yellow - 1 exp per kill
Green - Similar to grey, but only for alien oasis 3 for some odd reason
Red - 1 exp per kill

Azophet
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
I try not to be a bother to people in the game. I just started and occasionally end up in a dungeon with people over lvl 30, while I haven't broken 10 yet. I usually leave, unless I am there for a quest, in which case I stay to try to get it done. Anyway, that's beside the point.
I was wondering if there were a guide somewhere as to where to go to level up? I am still getting used to exploring the game world, but my quests keep taking me to harder and harder places and thought I might head to some other areas to work up a level or two. Also, I was just sort of wondering how far I can level before I should think about investing in some of the add-on dungeons and stuff. I enjoy the game so far, and I think I'll get at least some of them, but just wondering what sort leveling I can do outside of them?

Otukura
05-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Forest haven - 1-10
Dark forest - 10-15
balefort castle -15-20
fathom crypt - 20-25
lost expedition - 25-30
ancient swamps - 30-35
alien oasis(ao)1 - 35-40
ao2 - 40-45
ao3 45-50
balefort sewers - 50-56.

You can play each new campaign when you're two levels lower than the minimun, and continue to get XP until you are 3 levels higher. To get the most XP, make sure that the threat level (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16108-Know-thy-self-know-thy-enemy.-A-thousand-battles-a-thousand-victories.) is red. You'll continue to get XP up until three levels higher than the max. level, but it will be reduced.

there are a few side maps to level up to too:
wyldwood - 15-20
sand stone caves - 20-25
frozen night mares, croc feud, and skeller crunch returns - 30-35
shadow caves - 50

Feel free to add us, we'll go through the ropes with you.

NeoQueen
05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I try not to be a bother to people in the game. I just started and occasionally end up in a dungeon with people over lvl 30, while I haven't broken 10 yet. I usually leave, unless I am there for a quest, in which case I stay to try to get it done. Anyway, that's beside the point.
I was wondering if there were a guide somewhere as to where to go to level up? I am still getting used to exploring the game world, but my quests keep taking me to harder and harder places and thought I might head to some other areas to work up a level or two. Also, I was just sort of wondering how far I can level before I should think about investing in some of the add-on dungeons and stuff. I enjoy the game so far, and I think I'll get at least some of them, but just wondering what sort leveling I can do outside of them?

There are some guides in the Players Guides forum that talk about quests and leveling up so definitely check there.

If you go to the world map and click (not enter) on each are you will see how many quests you have completed for that specfic area. So you can make sure you are getting all your quests done if that is your wish.

Also, the world map shows you the recommended level for each campaign and I believe you can enter at 2 below or 3 above and still get XP. That means that the recommended XP for Lost Expedition is 25-30. You can start playing there at level 23 and keep gaining XP until level 33. So this gives you more time to remain in a lower area and level up as high as possible before moving on.

Make sure you join games with a full team in the higher campaigns, as that makes life a lot easier. And if you don't mind hanging on for the ride don't worry about joining those games with higher players. They do most of the work and you get the XP. Most players are okay with that, otherwise they wouldn't be there. If they're not then just leave and join another team.

Azophet
05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Forest haven - 1-10
Dark forest - 10-15
balefort castle -15-20
fathom crypt - 20-25
lost expedition - 25-30
ancient swamps - 30-35
alien oasis(ao)1 - 35-40
ao2 - 40-45
ao3 45-50
balefort sewers - 50-56.

You can play each new campaign when you're two levels lower than the minimun, and continue to get XP until you are 3 levels higher. To get the most XP, make sure that the threat level (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16108-Know-thy-self-know-thy-enemy.-A-thousand-battles-a-thousand-victories.) is red. You'll continue to get XP up until three levels higher than the max. level, but it will be reduced.

there are a few side maps to level up to too:
wyldwood - 15-20
sand stone caves - 20-25
frozen night mares, croc feud, and skeller crunch returns - 30-35
shadow caves - 50

Feel free to add us, we'll go through the ropes with you.

Ahh, that is a handy little quick reference, so I thank you very much. And so far, no one has said anything about me being along for the ride, so I haven't worried about it too much. I come to this game mostly from playing MUDs.

There are some guides in the Players Guides forum that talk about quests and leveling up so definitely check there.

If you go to the world map and click (not enter) on each are you will see how many quests you have completed for that specfic area. So you can make sure you are getting all your quests done if that is your wish.

Also, the world map shows you the recommended level for each campaign and I believe you can enter at 2 below or 3 above and still get XP. That means that the recommended XP for Lost Expedition is 25-30. You can start playing there at level 23 and keep gaining XP until level 33. So this gives you more time to remain in a lower area and level up as high as possible before moving on.

Make sure you join games with a full team in the higher campaigns, as that makes life a lot easier. And if you don't mind hanging on for the ride don't worry about joining those games with higher players. They do most of the work and you get the XP. Most players are okay with that, otherwise they wouldn't be there. If they're not then just leave and join another team.

I will remember that, thank you very much.

Tempest
05-14-2011, 03:26 AM
How do you make a new account? i forgot -_-

NeoQueen
05-14-2011, 06:18 AM
How do you make a new account? i forgot -_-

There should be button upon initial startup when you have to put in your password that gives you the option to create a new account with a new email. Creating a new character is different.

flyingscv
05-16-2011, 05:53 AM
quick qn: how do you beat the galacticoverlord?

flyingscv
05-16-2011, 07:10 AM
sorry another question... if you have 26 pots.. say because you took them from your stash, can you still receive any more while in dungeons or is the natural limit capped at 25?

Tamino
05-16-2011, 08:03 AM
sorry another question... if you have 26 pots.. say because you took them from your stash, can you still receive any more while in dungeons or is the natural limit capped at 25?

It is capped - if you have 26 in your inventory the mobs start to drop items instead of pots. Some players stash all pots then go in lower level to farm health pots. I do prefer farming low level items, liquidate them and use the money for buying pots at Ellie in Forest Heaven town - 100 for 1500 gold.

Azophet
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
What is the best low level spell for a Mage to assign points to, as far as damage goes? I know I should flood points into heal and at least one in revive to start, but what damage should I focus on first?

Tamino
05-16-2011, 10:35 AM
What is the best low level spell for a Mage to assign points to, as far as damage goes? I know I should flood points into heal and at least one in revive to start, but what damage should I focus on first?
Hard to say. I grew Firestorm and Icestorm, that allow you to make combo by themselves and keep enemies at distance while doing damage. But Lightning does the best combo in game along with birds' root and Drain Life is great against bosses, they deserve some points too.

Azophet
05-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Hard to say. I grew Firestorm and Icestorm, that allow you to make combo by themselves and keep enemies at distance while doing damage. But Lightning does the best combo in game along with birds' root and Drain Life is great against bosses, they deserve some points too.

Heh, yeah I will look up later what spells are unnecessary to worry about in later levels. I was just curious as to what people thought I should focus more on in the lower ranks is all.

Nesper
05-17-2011, 02:23 PM
sorry if already been touched on...but is there a way to turn off cinematics so i don't get lagged and sometimes die :(

Natcaviq
05-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Can someone please help me. I can't find reference on it. I was in Load out and hit an inventory slot, I was quickly disrobed/disarmed (unequipped) and now my gear says I am not strong enough to wear it. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Natalie

Nesper
05-18-2011, 03:40 PM
^my guess is equip what you can wear that gives STR bonus...

NeoQueen
05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
sorry if already been touched on...but is there a way to turn off cinematics so i don't get lagged and sometimes die :(

Currently I believe the only option is to lower the pixels (if that even works). I've played with some people who say if you have push notifications enabled it can cause lag for others and that having more than just PL running in the background also contributes to lag. First option is to turn off all that u can first and go from there.

Can someone please help me. I can't find reference on it. I was in Load out and hit an inventory slot, I was quickly disrobed/disarmed (unequipped) and now my gear says I am not strong enough to wear it. Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help.

Natalie

Ummmm...drawing a blank on load out but the most common reason you can't wear an item is because you don't have enough skill points in that category or are not a high enough level. Make sure it's the right level for you and you have enough int/dex/str stats equipped to wear it. Also, you might be able to try something on but that doesn't mean you can actually play in it yet.

droes
06-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm looking to make myself a level 10-15 bear twink. I'm not sure what path to take though, so could tell me what works well?

Otukura
06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm looking to make myself a level 10-15 bear twink. I'm not sure what path to take though, so could tell me what works well?

Levels 10, 12, and 15 are the most popular in that range.

For levels 10 and 12:

Different sets would be(I haven't played in a few weeks as I can't find my ipod >.> So these are from what I know when I did play and what I hear)

These are for level 10/12. Level 13 is not very good, because I BELIEVE you do not get forest haven kills at 13. I'm not too sure on that though. Anyways here are my opinions for level 10/12. May work also for a bird but for sure a bear.

Full DEX

Full dex is probably the main choice of PVP twinks due to its high hit, crit and dmg. There are some builds mainly used. Expert is imo better for PVP then artisan but that's just my opinion.

Snowgun -
Helm: Sniper's Archer Cap
Armor: Expert Leather
Weapon: Pink/Purp Snowball Launcher
Ring(if possible): the 8 dmg and 2% hit
This is a good setup for max dmg output and being able to create your "shatter" combo but with a downside of lower protection.

Talon/Wing:
Helm: Sniper's Helm
Weapon: Sniper talon/ Pink tinsel talon
Shield(Wing): Sniper's Wing/ Pink Peppermint Wing
Ring: Your choice if you want more defence or offense

This is for when you need to be a little more tank like while still putting out a decent damage output.You can swap out the Sniper and Winter items depending on if you want Damage(Winter Festival) or Stats and Defence(Sniper Items).

Doom Bow:
Helm:Sniper's Helm
Weapon: Fiery Doom Bow
Ring: 9 dmg 1% Crit

I don't have too much knowledge as to if the bow is as good as it seems as I cannot test it so if someone could comment so I could edit it in here. All I have heard is that the bow is like a ranged dagger with a proc or 2. Also you may be wondering why 9 dmg 1 crit instead of 8 dmg, you need every little piece of damage with this bow due to its speed.

DEX/INT:

Int isn't really suggested for pvp because of its slow attacking speed but some people do it. I don't have any builds but feel free to post your builds and ill add em in.

DEX/STR:

The builds are pretty much the same as the full dex but instead you change one key part of the builds which is the armor:

Snowgun - Full Dmg Spec
Helm: Sniper's Archer Cap
Armor: Armsman Crafted/Forged
Weapon: Pink/Purp Snowball Launcher
Ring(if possible): the 9 dmg and 1% crit

The armsman adds 5/6 damage which is even more bang for your buck, turning you into a glass cannon.

Talon/Wing:
Helm: Sniper's Helm
Weapon: Sniper talon/ Pink tinsel talon
Shield(Wing): Sniper's Wing/ Pink Peppermint Wing
Ring: Your choice if you want more defence or offense

Same as above.

Doom Bow:
Helm:Sniper's Helm
Weapon: Fiery Doom Bow
Ring: 9 dmg 1% Crit

Same as above. The extra dmg from the armsman helps the already low damage of the bow.

STR/INT:

Not recommended as neither stat gives good gear for PVP. Once again this is my opinion so let me know what your guy's opinion is.

PVE:

PvE is a different ballgame as a int blaster is one of the main weapons you will be using. A DEX and INT build is by far my favorite.

DEX/INT:
AOE Blast Staff-
Helmet: Sniper's Cap or Dreamer's Helm
Armor: Artisan Leather/Sniper's Leather
Weapon: Buwanda's Doom Staff/Candy Cane Staff
Ring: Up to you

For PvE you need hit so I recommend Artisan Leather and Snipers Cap. A Sniper's leather may work but I got the JT lvl 10 armor so I could not test it. The Buwanda Doom Staff/Candy Cane Staff both have an AOE attack so it is ideal for rounding up mobs and finishing them with auto attack and stomp.

Full DEX:

For full dex all it really requires is a Sniper's Cap, a Artisan Leather/Sniper's Leather, and a choice of the mentioned DEX weapons listed in the PVP section including: Winter Festival(WF) Snowball Launcher, WF Tinsel Talon and Pepper Wing, Sniper's Talon and Wing, or a Doom Bow.

I hope this helps as it took me awhile to put it together on my phone.

Stelio Kontos
06-13-2011, 09:59 PM
upon going in the auction house i want to buy items but i cant figure out how to compare my stats like they do if the item is in my inventory. do i have to break out pen and paper or am i missing something?

Otukura
06-13-2011, 10:04 PM
upon going in the auction house i want to buy items but i cant figure out how to compare my stats like they do if the item is in my inventory. do i have to break out pen and paper or am i missing something?

You are not able to, sadly. It's either pen or paper, or just hope for the best.

At low levels, items aren't really everything unless you're twinking. You'll get through them fast enough you tend to not need to buy things until level 30, when you should get the elite Frozen Nightmares gear. Eg. Shivering, Iceberg, or Brain-Freeze.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Stelio Kontos
06-13-2011, 10:08 PM
yeah i figgured that it would be a waste at low levels i just wanted to know all that i can before i get to cap. thnx for the answer and thnx for the welcome. :)

Otukura
06-13-2011, 10:11 PM
No problem, and good luck leveling.

toronero
06-14-2011, 09:11 AM
how do you start a guild? i read this whole thread for answers to some of my questions. either i missed it or its not here.

Pharcyde
06-15-2011, 03:20 PM
how do you start a guild? i read this whole thread for answers to some of my questions. either i missed it or its not here.

Guilds are unnofficial right now in the game. They will eventually be added with a guild system, but for now, you have to use the forum to advertise and run your guild.

So here, think of your guild name, requirements and what your all about, then post a advertisement post here.

Guild Discussion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Guilds)

Good luck with starting your guild! Ask away if you have any more questions.

droes
06-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks Otukuraka, I'll probably go with a level 12-15 dexbear. Am I missing something btw or does focus do the same thing as rage, only better? Why aren't there more twink archers then?

boomshakalaka
06-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I use an Iphone4, and when I go to PL and it connects to the server, it gives the option of a "Registered Account" When I click on the registered account box, it as for an email and password. So I type in my email and make up a password, but it says my email is not on file. What am I doing wrong?

Otukura
06-17-2011, 07:14 PM
I use an Iphone4, and when I go to PL and it connects to the server, it gives the option of a "Registered Account" When I click on the registered account box, it as for an email and password. So I type in my email and make up a password, but it says my email is not on file. What am I doing wrong?

You need to register an account before logging into a registered account.

boomshakalaka
06-17-2011, 07:33 PM
I'll rephrase nthat. HOW do I register an account, How's that?

Otukura
06-17-2011, 07:59 PM
I'll rephrase nthat. HOW do I register an account, How's that?
Oh,wow, I looked, and I honestly don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Got it!

1) Use unregistered account
2) on the screen after the loading screen, there will be a few buttons, enter world, log out, and below that is one called my account. Tap it.
3) Click the yellow button that says register account

Good luck!

Roasty
06-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I have seen some players wearing a glow stick and a hate shield at the same time while wearing a hate helm and armor.

Then I thought, there arent enough attribute points to be able to wear both those items. As you can tell they're opposites, int and str.

So my question is, how can I be able to wear a glow stick while wearing a hate shield/helm/armor at the same time?

Pharcyde
06-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Sweet, a complicated question. Okay Roasty, time to give you the advanced breakdown.

Requirements are level 53, anything lower is impossible. You will need 55-56 to do Balefort Level 51 & 53 gears.

You can do pretty much any variation of elite lvl 50 items you want, other than dex on an enchantress. For example purposes, I will be showing you one of the most common builds. Full Keeper of the Shadows with a Hate Shield Equipped. This variation of str and int is most commonly seen on enchantresses and sometimes bears. You can do these on other classes, but due to the default point layouts, it is not as effective, since it requires higher levels. You will need a total of 315 attribute points, str and int combined, to equip both a guardian and keeper item at the same time. By level 56 and Level 50 Elite Gear equipped, you can have a total of 331 attribute points.

Points needed**
Strength - Required 158 Str
Intelligence - Required 157 Int
158 + 157 = 315

Points Available**
Level 56 - 275 Attribute Points
Startup: Enchantress - 7 Intelligence 1 Str
Gear: Guardian's Shield of Hate - 12 Str
Gear: Shadow Helm, Shadow Armor, Glow Stick - 36 Int
275 + 1 + 12 + 36 = 324

Your goal is to have 3 Shadow Keeper items equipped, while having your Guardian Shield equipped. This is a more complicated version of the Dual Build. You will want to have more points Directed towards Str, since it will have less items to support it. Or vice versa, have Guardian Equipped while having a doll equipped.

You will need 3 Int sets and one guardian shield. Or if your doing str gear and bracer, 3 str sets and a doll.

Intelligence -
Level 30:
Brain Freeze Set:
Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap - Level 29, 90 int. 7 int bonus
Brain Freeze Ice Wand - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
Brain Freeze Magic Yeti Eyeball - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus

Level 45:
Thoth Set:
Dreamers Khafra Helm - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus
Khafra Cloth of Thoth - Level 45 138 int. 8 int bonus
D'Jinn Wand of Thoth - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus
Imhotep Eye of Thoth - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus

Level 50:
Shadow Keeper Set:
Keepers Helmet of the Shadows - Level 50, 158 int. 12 int bonus
Keepers Armor of the Shadows - Level 50, 157 int. 12 int bonus
Glow Stick - Level 50, 157 int. 12 int bonus
Creepy Doll of Shadows, Level 50, 154 int. 12 int bonus

Strength -
Level 30:
Iceberg:
Polar Bear Snowcap of Legend - Level 29, 90 str. 7 str bonus
Iceberg Frost Knight Plate - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus
Iceberg Frost Knight Shield - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus
Iceberg Frozen Sword - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus

Level 45:
Mynas:
Mynas Helmet of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
Mynas Plate Mail of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
Scarab Buckler of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
Zuraz Shock Lance - Level 45, 142 str. 9 str bonus

Level 50:
Guardian:
Guardian's Helmet of Hate - Level 50, 157 str. 12 str bonus
Guardian's Armor of Hate - Level 50, 157 str. 12 str bonus
Guardian's Kite Shield of Hate - Level 50, 158 str. 12 str bonus
Shadow Hax of Hate - Level 50, 158 str. 12 str bonus

Guardian Shield with Shadow Keeper:

275 points Level 56
1 point default str + 145 = 146 str.
Equip Mynas Helmet of Osiris, Mynas Plate Mail of Osiris, Scarab Buckler of Osiris
3 x 8 + 146 = 170 str
Equip Guardian Shield of Hate
275 - 145 = 130 points left
7 points default int + 130 = 137 Int.
130 - 130 = 0 points left
Equip Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap, Brain Freeze Ice Wand, Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth
7 x 3 + 137 = 158 Int
Equip Dreamers Khafra Helm, Khafra Cloth of Thoth, D'Jinn Wand of Thoth
1 x 3 + 158 = 161 Int
Equip Keepers Helmet of the Shadows, Keepers Armor of the Shadows, Glow Stick
4 x 3 + 161 = 173 Int

There ya go. You now have Keeper armor, helm, and glow stick equipped with guardian shield. Do the process, but flip str and int, if you want to equip guardian with a creepy doll. Also don't forget to account for the default difference. Also, at level 56, you have 15 points extra since we used level 56 attribute stat points.

All it is basic math, in very long equations that sometimes confuses people. So if your handy with math, it should be a cake walk to figure it out. If not, you might need some assistance from someone who is good with numbers.

Clodoveo
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
How did I join alien oasis , I amm lvl 33 but I can't search it in " join game" can't seem to find portal either...

NeoQueen
06-23-2011, 12:01 AM
How did I join alien oasis , I amm lvl 33 but I can't search it in " join game" can't seem to find portal either...

I assume you mean "how do I" instead of "how did I". If I remember correctly you have to be level 34 and up to do the first area of alien oasis. Once you hit 34 you should be able to join it through join game.

Don't know exactly where it is in town because it changed up and I am always too lazy to walk around there. Someone else will probably know and be able to give you directions to it better than a gps.

Aikiebo
06-26-2011, 08:41 AM

I have two questions about this.

1. Just recently, I think in this thread somewhere, I read that the more people in a group the greater the chance of a rare dropping. So, does a group with two people have the same chance of getting a rare as a group with four people, or the same chance as a full group?

2. I'm sure the part of your post that I quoted makes since. I'm just not following it. If I'm in a group with 2 players and a rare drops, I have 1 chance out of 2 of getting that drop. But, if I'm in a group with 4 players my chances drop to 1 out of 4, right? What do you mean about 100,000 people being in the party and everyone having the same drop rate?

OsOmne
06-26-2011, 10:09 AM
How do I register a game account once I already have a forum one? I thought they were the same bu there not apparently.

Moogerfooger
06-26-2011, 10:23 AM
How do I register a game account once I already have a forum one? I thought they were the same bu there not apparently.

They are separate accounts, unfortunately. On the main login screen of the game, look towards the bottom of the screen, there should be a 'register account' button underneath the 'Play' button :)

OsOmne
06-26-2011, 10:28 AM
At the bottom of my screen the only options I have are toggle unregistered/registered account and forgot password. Is there perhaps a different way to register? Im using a droid right now if that helps at all.

hugosukmeoff
06-27-2011, 09:25 PM
to defeat gurgox in AOpart 3 do you need to race around the arena collecting the green orbs while shooting gurgox at the same time?
I find this is the only way to survive his blast that kills you in one hit if you dont have the green orb on?

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 09:33 PM
to defeat gurgox in AOpart 3 do you need to race around the arena collecting the green orbs while shooting gurgox at the same time?
I find this is the only way to survive his blast that kills you in one hit if you dont have the green orb on?

Yes.

When you see/hear he starts to charge, run to take orb. Repeat as many times as he is dead. :) Thats the tactic against it, if you have full group it's good to leave orbs for mages as priority #1. So they can rev if someone dies.

Pharcyde
06-27-2011, 09:36 PM

I have two questions about this.

1. Just recently, I think in this thread somewhere, I read that the more people in a group the greater the chance of a rare dropping. So, does a group with two people have the same chance of getting a rare as a group with four people, or the same chance as a full group?

2. I'm sure the part of your post that I quoted makes since. I'm just not following it. If I'm in a group with 2 players and a rare drops, I have 1 chance out of 2 of getting that drop. But, if I'm in a group with 4 players my chances drop to 1 out of 4, right? What do you mean about 100,000 people being in the party and everyone having the same drop rate?

What their referring to is that each player in the party adds to the overall drop percentage. But overal drop percentage doesn't effect you, unless your in a group that splits every drop.

Each player has a "Roll". Think of this like your playing dice on a computer calculator with decimals. Every time you kill a monster, chest, or boss, you will make a roll. This roll is a randomly selected number variable in a list of possible numbers. Some items, like gold, or trash items will have several number combinations. Then rarer items will have less number combinations. Like getting a Vyxnaar helmet would require you to hit a number, as an example, 29.152. But you could hit anywere from 0.001 , all the way up to 29.152. Meaning you have only a 0.29152% drop chance (Again just example numbers). So this number is randomly selected, and no other factors affect it, (time in dungeon, bosses killed, order, players in party, character type, pink dropping rumors, ect).

So for increased drop rate with more people in a party, they mean that there will be 5 rolls on that boss, increasing overall drop rates. Not that if there is 5 people in a party, that you get 2, 3, 4, or 5 rolls or anything like that.

Does that make sense?

No, you have to time it right to survive Gurgux. Gurgux has a special move, he sends out a mega blast that kills everyone in the room that does not have a orb active. He does his special about every 15-30 seconds. You can tell that his special move is coming, because he will growl really loud for a good 7-10 seconds. So when you hear the growl, run and grab a orb.

Also, don't run around the room gathering orbs. There are only 6 in the room, and they don't have fast respawn rates. Your team will get really mad at you, because you will be taking all the orbs they can use, and they will all keep dieing.

At the bottom of my screen the only options I have are toggle unregistered/registered account and forgot password. Is there perhaps a different way to register? Im using a droid right now if that helps at all.

I'm not sure if I understand what your saying. Could you send us a screenshot of what it shows on your phone?

If it is not allowing you to do anything, like log in, or put your username/password in, then you will need to contact support@spacetimestudios.com

Navygreen
08-16-2011, 09:56 AM
lol excuse me if im late but that cat carrier pic was pretty funny.... :D

AsianPower
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I've been playing PL for almost a month now and I'm stuck with some questions to ask, any replies will be greatly appreciated :)

I. When someone challenge me to a 1 v. 1 duel, they keeps on complaining that i've rushed? Ok first of all they want to PvP with me and now they're blaming their loss on me? I mean it's just a game you have no need to get fumed at ppl. Why are they acting like that all the sudden?

II. What is weapon Proc. and what does the 'Nightmare" combo do?

III. And finally what does energy orbs do?

Thank you.

WereTalonted
08-21-2011, 12:52 AM
My pl always freezes what do I do?

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 06:24 AM
My pl always freezes what do I do?

Freezes? The whole game stops? Have you tried uninstalling and installing again?

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 06:31 AM
I've been playing PL for almost a month now and I'm stuck with some questions to ask, any replies will be greatly appreciated :)

I. When someone challenge me to a 1 v. 1 duel, they keeps on complaining that i've rushed? Ok first of all they want to PvP with me and now they're blaming their loss on me? I mean it's just a game you have no need to get fumed at ppl. Why are they acting like that all the sudden?

II. What is weapon Proc. and what does the 'Nightmare" combo do?

III. And finally what does energy orbs do?

Thank you.

1. I have never pvp'd anyone yet, but apparently there's a certain etiquette involved when battling someone. Some styles of playing are frowned upon. Maybe because they make the battle unfair in a way? I'm not totally sure, but check out some threads on that subject.

2. Check out this combo guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23991-Complete-Combo-Guide). Weapon proc is also discussed in that thread.

3. Here's a guide to what orbs do (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26648-Orbs-What-they-do) in the game.

Good luck.

SeerQueen
09-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I've been playing for five days and I'm level 27. One question: What's a mod? Thanks.

zygut
09-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I dont understand the 'resurrect' spell. It supposedly brings your friends back immediately when they die? From what I've seen, when you die, you just respawn at the entrance, would resurrect bring them back to where you are? I've tried it a few times, but it never worked. Its really hard to tell when others have died too...

jovi412
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM
I see some birds appearance is different, and establish the role of game of three different, is how to obtain

Navygreen
09-13-2011, 08:57 AM
I've been playing for five days and I'm level 27. One question: What's a mod? Thanks.
A mod? you've seen this word used in game or on the forums? A mod on the forums is the moderator who has extra abilities to help keep the forum organized. A mod in the game? Never heard of it unless i've missed out on one of the terms used in game. :)

I dont understand the 'resurrect' spell. It supposedly brings your friends back immediately when they die? From what I've seen, when you die, you just respawn at the entrance, would resurrect bring them back to where you are? I've tried it a few times, but it never worked. Its really hard to tell when others have died too...
When you resurrect someone who has died, they have to accept the revive by pressing the 'Accept Revive' button that appears when they're dead. They have to actually wait for someone to revive them. If they don't wait and they press spawn at entrance then that's where they'll go. When you revive someone and they accept it, they will appear exactly where they died.

As a mage, you should watch your party's health meter listed on the left side of the screen. The red bar is the health meter, the blue bar is the mana meter. When someone dies, a red exclamation point will appear next to their name. Revive them as soon as you can safely do so. Good luck! :)

I see some birds appearance is different, and establish the role of game of three different, is how to obtain
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Yes you can change your appearance by purchasing a new face with Platinum. Each face also has stat benefits. And yes there's also some birds who focus more on other roles as opposed to just being a DEX bird. :)

SeerQueen
09-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Question:

What's C.O.T.? I'm aware that it's some sort of guild, but all I come across is people flaming it. And, how do you add a siginature? Thanks!

Navygreen
09-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Question:

What's C.O.T.? I'm aware that it's some sort of guild, but all I come across is people flaming it. And, how do you add a siginature? Thanks!

C.O.T. is a guild that has been fairly successful in the game. Whatever anyone has to say about any other guild here is just an opinion. Don't worry about flaming, just ignore it.

To add a signature, Click 'Settings (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/usercp.php) > Edit Signature (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/profile.php?do=editsignature)'.

Have fun!

SeerQueen
09-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Thank you!