PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Don't go for plat tier on a twink.

Anarchist
12-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Thats some prententious request for rather wack gem.

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Thats some prententious request for rather wack gem.

Yes I'm not sure but I have the feeling that this orb is one time use and not a guaranteed drop.

Higuani
12-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Huh planar essence? How a non 41lvl goin to make those gems?

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Huh planar essence? How a non 41lvl goin to make those gems?

Lol that's why I'm posting this :p

Sorcerie
12-03-2014, 12:15 PM
The platinum tier prize is the recipe for the eye, which im certain is tradeable like the current planar pendant recipe - meaning if a twink gets to plat tier they can stash it to a main account to craft the eye or sell it for profit.

Needing planar essence to craft it makes those ess at lot more useful since the only thing they're good for right now is to craft a planar amulet.

Raregem
12-03-2014, 12:24 PM
The platinum tier prize is the recipe for the eye, which im certain is tradeable like the current planar pendant recipe - meaning if a twink gets to plat tier they can stash it to a main account to craft the eye or sell it for profit.

Needing planar essence to craft it makes those ess at lot more useful since the only thing they're good for right now is to craft a planar amulet.

If you only get one orb then you couldn't craft another. I think we just need more clarification on this. Is the recipe tradable, is the gem tradable, can u get more than one orb, is it one time use, if you can get more than one orb can you use another recipe?

There's a ton of questions surrounding this prize. Can we get some clarification devs?

If I left a question out feel free to add to it.

ClumsyCactus
12-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Also, there has lately (since planar release) been alot of stuff that doesnt get ANY/very spread between different npcs explenation, wich makes it EXTREMELY hard for stupid people like me to understand, i mean i dont even know what the planar essences/bars and all that stuff even is, and I've tryed.

Raregem
12-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Also, there has lately (since planar release) been alot of stuff that doesnt get ANY/very spread between different npcs explenation, wich makes it EXTREMELY hard for stupid people like me to understand, i mean i dont even know what the planar essences/bars and all that stuff even is, and I've tryed.

The essences you can get in the planar tombs. Once you've completed all three tombs you are granted access to a daily quest that grants 10 essences a day. You kill any three bosses to complete the quest (most just run tomb 1 three times) The bar can be purchased from Kaden in expedition camp. He is next to Sophia (the banker) on the right hand side right next the the leaderboard.

Hope that helps some.

Higuani
12-03-2014, 12:50 PM

Exactly, some players like me quited endgame just bcs i can't keep up with everything and it gets harder to understand.. Thats why i twink now. That recipe shud be available FOR EVERYONE even low levels..
If we need planar essences for that particulary recipe i know i am not goin to plat tier and alot of twinks will do same. Its like endgamers gets more benefit out of this. They have the new mythics+the recipe now if planar essences is needed.
What does twink receive i dont even know if the gear is better than previous events..

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Exactly, some players like me quited endgame just bcs i can't keep up with everything and it gets harder to understand.. Thats why i twink now. That recipe shud be available FOR EVERYONE even low levels..
If we need planar essences for that particulary recipe i know i am not goin to plat tier and alot of twinks will do same. Its like endgamers gets more benefit out of this. They have the new mythics+the recipe now if planar essences is needed.
What does twink receive i dont even know if the gear is better than previous events..

Making an event open to all lvls but not it's contents is also just pure ......

The new gears offer a set bonus so they'll probably be better:).

Pillowhead
12-03-2014, 12:55 PM

The game trying to benefit endgamers not twinks.

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 12:57 PM
The game trying to benefit endgamers not twinks.

A game isn't about benefiting the people that have achieved maximum lvl, every lvl in a game needs equal chances.

Higuani
12-03-2014, 12:58 PM
The new gears looks insane. Hope your right if the bonus is worth it.

I don't wanna see a bigger gap in twinks just bcs endgames can get the recipe easier.. With para and non para is already a big gap..
Imagine rich endgamers make their twink with para and those gems..
Then we have 2 GAPS non para vs para vs para and new gems

Makes no sense at all

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 01:01 PM
The new gears looks insane. Hope your right if the bonus is worth it.

I don't wanna see a bigger gap in twinks just bcs endgames can get the recipe easier.. With para and non para is already a big gap..
Imagine rich endgamers make their twink with para and those gems..
Then we have 2 GAPS non para vs para vs para and new gems

Makes no sense at all

Sts should've put a limitation of lvl 31 and upwards for gemming gear with a para gem in my opinion.

ClumsyCactus
12-03-2014, 01:29 PM
The essences you can get in the planar tombs. Once you've completed all three tombs you are granted access to a daily quest that grants 10 essences a day. You kill any three bosses to complete the quest (most just run tomb 1 three times) The bar can be purchased from Kaden in expedition camp. He is next to Sophia (the banker) on the right hand side right next the the leaderboard.

Hope that helps some.
...so what is this planar crystal currency that you buy stuff with?
Im really outdated on endgame content since i mainly chill/merch lol

mlb2005
12-03-2014, 01:31 PM
I doubt their main concern is with twinks to be honest. They want people at the end game farming planar and spending ankh/plat. They probably don't make much money on twinks who sit at level 8 and pvp all day.

CAK Vader
12-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Ew.

notfaded1
12-03-2014, 01:40 PM
I doubt their main concern is with twinks to be honest. They want people at the end game farming planar and spending ankh/plat. They probably don't make much money on twinks who sit at level 8 and pvp all day.

ummmm yeah!

Higuani
12-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Plat tier is made for EVERYONE why restrict the item we got from it? Then they shud make only gold tier below lvl40 instead. Whats the use of recipe at plat tier for low levels if we cant do anything with it???

Sorcerie
12-03-2014, 01:51 PM
If you only get one orb then you couldn't craft another. I think we just need more clarification on this. Is the recipe tradable, is the gem tradable, can u get more than one orb, is it one time use, if you can get more than one orb can you use another recipe?

There's a ton of questions surrounding this prize. Can we get some clarification devs?

If I left a question out feel free to add to it.The orb is the item that you use during the event in event maps to give you a boost, so it's basically like the elondrian ward and the nomnomicon from Halloween. Those are purchasable and tradable, so you can buy as many as you need of those.

And like I said, the plat tier prize is the recipe itself so I imagine that it will be tradable like the current planar pend recipe from arena.

I don't know if the gem will be tradable, but since Paracelsus gems weren't there is a strong possibility that these might not either. But that could easily change considering how many people wanted para gems to be tradeable, so I dunno there.

Can you get more than one orb? Yes, since it's like previous event map items. You can have as many as you want to sell or keep.

Is it one time use? yes, orbs are one time use.

Can you use another recipe? On a diff toon, sure - but there will be no need for that since once you have the recipe all you will need are the components to craft as many of the item as you want so long as you have the items needed to craft it. (but I imagine that if this is the case then the gem once crafted will not be tradable. but that's just a guess)

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 01:53 PM
The orb is the item that you use during the event in event maps to give you a boost, so it's basically like the elondrian ward and the nomnomicon from Halloween. Those are purchasable and tradable, so you can buy as many as you need of those.

And like I said, the plat tier prize is the recipe itself so I imagine that it will be tradable like the current planar pend recipe from arena.

I don't know if the gem will be tradable, but since Paracelsus gems weren't there is a strong possibility that these might not either. But that could easily change considering how many people wanted para gems to be tradeable, so I dunno there.

Can you get more than one orb? Yes, since it's like previous event map items. You can have as many as you want to sell or keep.

Can you use another recipe? On a diff toon, sure - but there will be no need for that since once you have the recipe all you will need are the components to craft as many of the item as you want so long as you have the items needed to craft it. (but I imagine that if this is the case then the gem once crafted will not be tradable. but that's just a guess)

Wait those orbs are the 10 or 15 plat things once u enter a map? Cause then this gem is bullcrap...

Not worth it putting a 40-50k item into a gem.

Sorcerie
12-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Plat tier is made for EVERYONE why restrict the item we got from it? Then they shud make only gold tier below lvl40 instead. Whats the use of recipe at plat tier for low levels if we cant do anything with it???Um, nobody picks up a game and says, "yea i think I'm gonna play up to lvl 14 and stay there even though the lvl cap is 41"

This is meant to serve as additional end game content. To have a twink of any kind is a luxury, not a staple, which is why just about everyone has a main account.

If you want to farm on a twink to maximize your rewards just move over your stuff to your main and profit. The game isn't really supposed to be catered to low lvls.

Higuani
12-03-2014, 01:58 PM
This recipe is a failure lol

40k-50k just the orbs, dont forget you need planar essences so you die in planar content ankhs are 80k loool

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 01:58 PM
Um, nobody picks up a game and says, "yea i think I'm gonna play up to lvl 14 and stay there even though the lvl cap is 41"

This is meant to serve as additional end game content. To have a twink of any kind is a luxury, not a staple, which is why just about everyone has a main account.

If you want to farm on a twink to maximize your rewards just move over your stuff to your main and profit. The game isn't really supposed to be catered to low lvls.

Twinks aren't a luxury, twinks are for the people that don't have the gold for endgame pvp and for rich people that lack of skill.

Higuani
12-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Um, nobody picks up a game and says, "yea i think I'm gonna play up to lvl 14 and stay there even though the lvl cap is 41"

I quited endgame.. I can't keep up with the gold there its like a goldsink, i dont use plats + farming is death nobody buys the items. how would you make profit..

I make more gold on my lvl17 then ive ever made on on my lvl41..

octavos
12-03-2014, 02:01 PM
to sum it up, para gem was less of a headache then this gem..and it has effects. So atm shooting for plat tier..im not doing it...until theres something more worth the time and effort.

Sorcerie
12-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Twinks aren't a luxury, twinks are for the people that don't have the gold for endgame pvp and for rich people that lack of skill.Dont have the gold for end game, meaning they still have a toon that made it to end game first which is why they decided to twink.

Rich people who don't have skill at end game create a twink to learn implies they have toon at end game first and then invested in a twink to learn, meaning a luxury toon.

In both instances they had to have the experience of end game to even wanna twink in the first place.

Higuani
12-03-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm from s1 every new level cap i made my endgame to the cap but thats it.
I rather spend 1m in full geared lower lvl character than buy 1 item worth 1m at endgame and still be useless..

I love being a twink i made more friends in here then in endgame. In endgame you dont have the gear they not even lookin at you. Thats how it is. I just can't keep up there. Not everone is rich you know. so i rather make a twink who looks good than a endgame who looks crap

But back on topic
This recipe need to be changed..

Raregem
12-03-2014, 02:49 PM
The orb is the item that you use during the event in event maps to give you a boost, so it's basically like the elondrian ward and the nomnomicon from Halloween. Those are purchasable and tradable, so you can buy as many as you need of those.

Woah wah? So you're saying that the plat tier REWARD you have to pay for with plat... wow that's a new low. Even if you can buy them for gold someone had to pay plat for them geez... First energy now the rewards are based off of plat. *shakes head in disgust*

billythekidd
12-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Wait those orbs are the 10 or 15 plat things once u enter a map? Cause then this gem is bullcrap...

Not worth it putting a 40-50k item into a gem.

your worried about a 40-50 k item ? lol,think about how much you'll have to pay to get to plat tier,it's not like the haloween event at 4,100,it's over 5k to get to plat this time,

right now im at 3500 and just a little over half way,

besides,the bosses are dropping less tokens this time around,and not giving as many points,especially the first two..

depending on how long event is,and if they buff the amount of points and tokens being given ,i see it to be a stretch for someone to get this
without spending a little gold or a little plat

epicrrr
12-03-2014, 03:09 PM

Pvp all day? without low level player this game is dead. You might have all the "money-maker" at end-game but worthless seeing few, making the game so uneven and the feeling of being deserted.

if we at low level cant craft the legendary gems, consider this a failed event.

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 03:16 PM
your worried about a 40-50 k item ? lol,think about how much you'll have to pay to get to plat tier,it's not like the haloween event at 4,100,it's over 5k to get to plat this time,

right now im at 3500 and just a little over half way,

besides,the bosses are dropping less tokens this time around,and not giving as many points,especially the first two..

depending on how long event is,and if they buff the amount of points and tokens being given ,i see it to be a stretch for someone to get this
without spending a little gold or a little plat

After buying energy to reach plat an amount of 40-50k per gem is quite much... You work for a reward not for spending even more gold.

Arrowz
12-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Making an event open to all lvls but not it's contents is also just pure ......

The new gears offer a set bonus so they'll probably be better:).

Wont be because the new rings would have to be better than season 1 rings. Nothing has been better than those before so my guess would be new gear is useless for us. I guess ill just make a bunch of alts and get gold tier on all of them to sell eggs

Lidless
12-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Whew im not the only one who stated retiring AL if this event is a flop. I enjoy being a 13..always have been and always will be. I can understand restricting leaderboards to metagame, but not the plat tier reward of the event. Seems very illogical.

Arrowz
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM

Nobody says "yea i think im gonna play a game that is completely unbalanced at endgame and i have no chance to succeed in because i don't spend money on platinum and the economy is so screwed up that it's almost impossible as a new player to get the best endgame gear."
So what are we left with if we want to enjoy the pvp experience of this game? Twinking