PDA

View Full Version : Time to Bring back the 50,000 gold in locked!!!

notfaded1
12-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Wow so you looted than new rare mythic item in a locked necro crate woohoo!!! Only to find out no one had any gold to buy it with anymore in the CS or really anywhere. Now that we finally have really rid ourselves of the wretched platinum farmers (which were the real reason there was too much gold in the game) isn't it time to revisit the locked rewards and PUT THE 50K BACK IN THE LOCKED!

And hey maybe let's not stop there while we're working on it how about adding maybe a 100k and rarer 500k even!!!

WE NEED MORE GOLD IN THE GAME!!!

matanofx
12-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Cant imagine anyone would disagree with this

Some people asked STS to stop giving out 50k gold in crates to create a gold sink due to all the plat farmers

There no more plat farmers now, there is no new gold coming in game but there are tons of new expensive/rare items coming in game with a comically low value
Why keep the same gold sink tactic we used on plat farmers when there are no plat farmers in existence?

Revive our dying market with gold in crates again.

mlb2005
12-03-2014, 01:43 PM
They could raise the liquidation amount of pinks also.

notfaded1
12-03-2014, 01:44 PM
cant imagine anyone would disagree with this

some people asked sts to stop giving out 50k gold in crates to create a gold sink due to all the plat farmers

there no more plat farmers now, there is no new gold coming in game but there are tons of new expensive/rare items coming in game with a comically low value
why keep the same gold sink tactic we used on plat farmers when there are no plat farmers in existence?

Revive our dying market with gold in crates again.

here here!!!

Appeltjes
12-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Just to bother madnab I strongly disagree xD

But +1 fade :D

Serancha
12-03-2014, 01:49 PM
i hope this thread is a joke. We've got enough issues with people with hundreds of millions of gold in the game, driving prices up beyond all reason. This is mostly because of the plat farmers and excessive gold drops in crates.

Now you want to add even more gold, which would cause more inflation and more economic issues? Not to mention this would only benefit crate poppers. How on earth would anyone else be able to afford the inflated prices?

The economy is still adjusting to the removal of plat farming. When nobody can afford the inflated prices, those prices will drop to something more realistic.

Zeus
12-03-2014, 02:02 PM
i hope this thread is a joke. We've got enough issues with people with hundreds of millions of gold in the game, driving prices up beyond all reason. This is mostly because of the plat farmers and excessive gold drops in crates.

Now you want to add even more gold, which would cause more inflation and more economic issues? Not to mention this would only benefit crate poppers. How on earth would anyone else be able to afford the inflated prices?

The economy is still adjusting to the removal of plat farming. When nobody can afford the inflated prices, those prices will drop to something more realistic.

These are very specific people, Serancha. Everybody else is quite poor, lol. The way to affect these top 1%, including me is by making their multiple Midas Touch's worth less than they were before. Thus, 50k in locked crates.

CAK Vader
12-03-2014, 02:04 PM
+999

Serancha
12-03-2014, 02:05 PM
I don't think so, and can't believe you guys are actually requesting inflation.

The problem with the game's economy is too much gold circulating. Adding more to crate poppers will not help the economy, the wealth gap, or the community as a whole.

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 02:24 PM
These are very specific people, Serancha. Everybody else is quite poor, lol. The way to affect these top 1%, including me is by making their multiple Midas Touch's worth less than they were before. Thus, 50k in locked crates.

It doesn't quite work that way. Adding more gold in this game is like adding more water to the shallow end of your pool. It will end up flowing down to the deep end anyway. The end result after some time will be that all that money flows to that 1%, but now prices will become even more inflated for the rarest items. However, the cheap farmable items will NOT go up in value since they are all too common with little demand for them.

The problem with the economy is not lack of gold. There is plenty of gold, people are just not spending it, myself included. For example, I would love to upgrade my ring. I currently have a mythic ring that cost 700k. I've got 20m to spend on an upgrade, yet none exists. So instead I will save my gold until I can afford the arcane ring.

I'd also like to buy a Dark Crystal armor, so I can craft an upgraded armor to my mythic, but none exists for sale, so I save my gold. I'd also like to buy a mythic amulet recipe, but none exists for sale, so again I save my gold. Giving me more gold is not going to change that unless I get 50m more so I can buy an arcane ring. There are a ton of players in this same situation as me.

The problem with the economy is lack of "middle class" gear. There is cheap crap and super rare elite items, and not much in between.

ClumsyCactus
12-03-2014, 02:27 PM

The problem with the game's economy is too much gold circulating. Adding more to crate poppers will not help the economy, the wealth gap, or the community as a whole.

We will see, if they implement it.
-9001 to the suggestion on 500k in locks though, thats just sick.
And, IMO player suggestions have a tendency to turn out wrong, and so we complain again.
Who knows what the right thing thing to do is...

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm just going to put this out as a suggestion for STS, but they are now a big enough company where they should really have some sort of economist on staff. Seriously, the economy of an MMO is directly related to the health of the game, and I think maybe it's time that STS bring in someone who is qualified to oversee the economy of their games. They have top programmers, graphic people, etc, so why not have someone to manage the economy of the game (drop rates, amount of gold in the economy, gold sinks, etc.)

notfaded1
12-03-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't think there's nearly as much gold as you think if that was the case it wouldn't be that you can't even sell mythic items anymore... Don't try and tell me everyone has the new mythics either... although I think having more weapons for Christmas is also a mistake. I know many that want them but no one has any gold except a VERY select few (and they probably already have them (lvl 41 mythic) anyhow... maybe you're one of them Energizeric?

I'm sure everyone that doesn't spend plat will disagree but I bet most of them that do will agree... these are also the same people btw... that bring all of these mythic and arcane items into the game... unless you really believe a lot are being farmed. (I hope you don't believe that... if you do you prolly think fossils come from arena)

mlb2005
12-03-2014, 03:09 PM

The gold doesn't circulate. The 1% rich have it and there's no way to get them to spend it.

Serancha
12-03-2014, 03:12 PM
The gold doesn't circulate. The 1% rich have it and there's no way to get them to spend it.

And giving them more gold will fix the problem? I don't think so.

Zeus
12-03-2014, 03:19 PM
It doesn't quite work that way. Adding more gold in this game is like adding more water to the shallow end of your pool. It will end up flowing down to the deep end anyway. The end result after some time will be that all that money flows to that 1%, but now prices will become even more inflated for the rarest items. However, the cheap farmable items will NOT go up in value since they are all too common with little demand for them.

The problem with the economy is not lack of gold. There is plenty of gold, people are just not spending it, myself included. For example, I would love to upgrade my ring. I currently have a mythic ring that cost 700k. I've got 20m to spend on an upgrade, yet none exists. So instead I will save my gold until I can afford the arcane ring.

I'd also like to buy a Dark Crystal armor, so I can craft an upgraded armor to my mythic, but none exists for sale, so I save my gold. I'd also like to buy a mythic amulet recipe, but none exists for sale, so again I save my gold. Giving me more gold is not going to change that unless I get 50m more so I can buy an arcane ring. There are a ton of players in this same situation as me.

The problem with the economy is lack of "middle class" gear. There is cheap crap and super rare elite items, and not much in between.

Yes, I understand that it doesn't work that way in real life because the top 1% are usually employing the rest. In return, they profit off of the 99% and the money just flows back to them. However, in AL, there is not really any employment. The poor obtain items through locked crates and such & then the rich buy it from them. So really, this is just making their gold less than what it was before. The way that the rich replenish their gold supplies is through merchanting, crate popping, or farming. If you lower the value of their gold, it means that they have to distribute more of their gold to the 99%.

I do agree, however, the the game does lack a middle class.

Zeus
12-03-2014, 03:21 PM

Yes, this is why I agree with having inflation.

Serancha - a lot of the wealthy players are not extreme platinum buyers. Thus, it levels the gold and reduces the gold power of the rich. Do you not think it's a bit obscene for people to have 400-500m in their multiple stashes?

Anarchist
12-03-2014, 03:33 PM
bit obscene for people to have 400-500m in their multiple stashes?

I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_uHJPUlO8

mlb2005
12-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Completely agree that there's no middle class. Without constant updates with new gear that make people want to upgrade and sell their old gear it will stay this same stale format. Mmorpg's have to constantly evolve to keep a healthy market in my opinion.

obee
12-03-2014, 04:08 PM
I agree, or raise the 2k to 4 or 5k

Serancha
12-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Yes, this is why I agree with having inflation.

Serancha - a lot of the wealthy players are not extreme platinum buyers. Thus, it levels the gold and reduces the gold power of the rich. Do you not think it's a bit obscene for people to have 400-500m in their multiple stashes?

You won't change my mind on this. It is obscene to have people with multiple millions in stashes. Making MORE people able to do the same is not a solution.

cjswogkstkdg
12-03-2014, 04:17 PM
[01-12, 18:02] cjswogkstkdg (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?u=50117):
there needs to be more ways to make gold for freetoplay users..

[01-12, 18:03] cjswogkstkdg (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?u=50117):
farming elties isnt gonna get anyone anywhere and merching isnt so efficient these days

[01-12, 18:03] Remiem (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?u=116540):
I know that's true cj. We're working on that. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Serancha
12-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Might as well make elite bosses drop chests with 50K gold in them, rather than legendaries.

Energizeric
12-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Here is the solution (IMO):

1) Once again cut back on the chance of looting legendary items from locked crates. I opened 125 crates this past weekend and got no arcane items, 1 mythic item, and about 30 legendary items. 30/1 ratio between legendary and mythic is too great a difference. Maybe it should be 5-to-1 or 10-to-1. The result of my 30 legendary items is that most of them are not even worth 2k, so I would have preferred to get the 2k rewards instead of almost all of them. Making them less abundant will solve this issue and drive prices up. Just think about it....if an expedition rifle or bow was actually a somewhat rare item, the better versions (brutality/potency) would go for many tens of thousands of gold. Then looting one of these from a locked crate would actually make most players happy instead of saying "oh crap, I got another junk item". This will also result in more gold rewards from the crates, thus increasing the gold supply.

2) Increase the liquidation prices of legendary, mythic and arcane items. I realize nobody is liquidating mythic or arcane items, but really should the liquidation price of my Kershal staff be 1k gold? Should be more like 1m gold at least, and mythic items should be at least 100k IMO. That way if the price starts falling below that, people will liquidate rather then sell, and then the supply of items in existence will decrease, which will drive the price back over 100k (for mythic items) or 1m (for arcane items). Likewise, I think legendary items should all have a liquidation price of 1k --- this should be the minimum price of any legendary item. And thus, if too many of an item drop and the price falls below that, people will liquidate until it becomes less common and the price goes back up over 1k, so the supply/demand issue will solve itself. Basically this would be STS implementing some form of price controls to help stabilize the market. For all you "free market" people, even in the most capitalist countries there have been price controls implemented during economic crisis.

3) Lastly, to make up for all this extra gold being pumped into the economy (more gold rewards from locked crates, and more gold from liquidation prices), increase the price of potions somewhat. I'm not sure what the exact price increase should be, but something small which will make up for this extra gold being created.

Mortalninja
12-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Here is the solution (IMO):

1) Once again cut back on the chance of looting legendary items from locked crates. I opened 125 crates this past weekend and got no arcane items, 1 mythic item, and about 30 legendary items. 30/1 ratio between legendary and mythic is too great a difference. Maybe it should be 5-to-1 or 10-to-1. The result of my 30 legendary items is that most of them are not even worth 2k, so I would have preferred to get the 2k rewards instead of almost all of them. Making them less abundant will solve this issue and drive prices up. Just think about it....if an expedition rifle or bow was actually a somewhat rare item, the better versions (brutality/potency) would go for many tens of thousands of gold. Then looting one of these from a locked crate would actually make most players happy instead of saying "oh crap, I got another junk item". This will also result in more gold rewards from the crates, thus increasing the gold supply.

2) Increase the liquidation prices of legendary, mythic and arcane items. I realize nobody is liquidating mythic or arcane items, but really should the liquidation price of my Kershal staff be 1k gold? Should be more like 1m gold at least, and mythic items should be at least 100k IMO. That way if the price starts falling below that, people will liquidate rather then sell, and then the supply of items in existence will decrease, which will drive the price back over 100k (for mythic items) or 1m (for arcane items). Likewise, I think legendary items should all have a liquidation price of 1k --- this should be the minimum price of any legendary item. And thus, if too many of an item drop and the price falls below that, people will liquidate until it becomes less common and the price goes back up over 1k, so the supply/demand issue will solve itself. Basically this would be STS implementing some form of price controls to help stabilize the market. For all you "free market" people, even in the most capitalist countries there have been price controls implemented during economic crisis.

3) Lastly, to make up for all this extra gold being pumped into the economy (more gold rewards from locked crates, and more gold from liquidation prices), increase the price of potions somewhat. I'm not sure what the exact price increase should be, but something small which will make up for this extra gold being created.

I'm not good with that economy things... but it sounds like a good idea for me... just my opinion ;)

xutreuqux
12-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Stop adding goods to locks. Add more elite lootable goods so fair players who dont buy plat has a chance to get one in a decent price. Increasing gold amount in locks means lockers will make more money which will also create inflation which makes ppl who doesnt have much gold broke. Make this game back fun sts. Stop addin stuff to locks and make ppl play pve a bit to get items. That wud make this game more fun.

Linkincena
12-04-2014, 04:37 AM
+1 for this

gumball3000
12-05-2014, 05:20 AM
You guys realize arcane ring is still 100m right?

matanofx
12-05-2014, 05:31 AM
You guys realize arcane ring is still 100m right?

You realize you dont know the market at all right? but if you find someone offering 100m bring them to me