PDA

View Full Version : Hiatus!

twoxc
12-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Yep, I am nearly there as well with the rest of the QUIT thread lol. Gonna see how winter event will turn out. So far I'm not seeing anything that interest me. Bunch of recolor/reskinned stuff. The market is flooded with level 41 mythic already and they bringing more level 41 mythic with color and design change but added +2 primary stats. Forcing us to either get it or don't. If we don't we slightly weaker and if we do, We have to re-gem stuff and base on the paracelsus stone gem lol there are only a hand full left. All I have to say in the end is, GOOD GAME.

CAK Vader
12-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Okay but gimme your red arlor before you leave! :p kidding, but stay a while, at least until the next expansion, we must see if THAT will yield better results.

twoxc
12-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I don't have any Arlors lol. Not a fan of vanities xD

Visiting
12-03-2014, 09:03 PM
No more Basket, no more Twoc, no more economy...

Kriticality
12-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Don't leave but def don't leave until I can buy a ring from you!! ;)

obee
12-03-2014, 09:21 PM
STS needs new designers. Honestly. Recoloring is like releasing a new phone with one new feature.

Prahasit Prahi
12-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Biggest gold sink ever.

twoxc
12-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Biggest gold sink ever.

lol if it help. I'm only taking like 400m with me xD. But that's beside the point. Even with the Planar elite tombs. The new Imbued set aren't even that huge of a boost for the amount of time and work put into it. Planar pendant sure was nice though haha.

obee
12-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Two helped ne get the hauntlet ap lol. I was with samuraisoul and ladydice i think

twoxc
12-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Two helped ne get the hauntlet ap lol. I was with samuraisoul and ladydice i think

lol don't remember but them good old days. I was mage at the time and was in RoM with samuraisoul and ladydice plus falmear xD. Falmear and I would randomly do hauntlet and help people to get the ap just for the heck of it cause we're bored hahaha.

Prahasit Prahi
12-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Better take a break from game like me,rather than quitting.

obee
12-03-2014, 10:07 PM
lol don't remember but them good old days. I was mage at the time and was in RoM with samuraisoul and ladydice plus falmear xD. Falmear and I would randomly do hauntlet and help people to get the ap just for the heck of it cause we're bored hahaha.
Yea I was in rom right before it changed to silent assault then chosen. I was officer in chosen, it was pretty dam fun. But they all quit

GoodSyntax
12-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Events can be a fun distraction, but that's all it is. It does not solve the two most glaring issues with the game....namely the completely broken economy and the gameplay/fun factor.

This game, unfortunately, stopped being fun and the results are long-time veterans leaving in droves.

Enough with the platinum/gold sinks! Event after event after event, release of mythics, re-release of old mythics, re-release of the new mythics. Nothing worth farming in elites anymore. New maps (Tombs and Arena) can be total black holes with little to nothing in return - just a place to go to burn off pots, ankh and plat.

There is an increasing wealth divide and a separation of gear/talent classes. Most of the endgame maps aren't really fun to run anymore - they're only around for hardcore grinding with high-end parties.

This game has lost touch with it's original value as an entertaining pick up game where you can have fun, meet new friends, get some runs in without having to be full-on hardcore. There was a time when you could have fun in PUGs and make some coin off of drops without having to grind endlessly with pro's just to advance the game by the tiniest bit.

When the mainstream cannot even run endgame content, when farming by itself is no longer enough, when the entire game just feels like an escalating arms race, when runs are no longer about fun and feel more like a grind, when everything necessary to make any progress is all directly or indirectly based on platinum, then this game loses the original spark that made it so attractive and such an overwhelming success.

AL has lost it's way, and I hope that it eventually finds its way back to the values that it started with...

twoxc
12-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Events can be a fun distraction, but that's all it is. It does not solve the two most glaring issues with the game....namely the completely broken economy and the gameplay/fun factor.

This game, unfortunately, stopped being fun and the results are long-time veterans leaving in droves.

Enough with the platinum/gold sinks! Event after event after event, release of mythics, re-release of old mythics, re-release of the new mythics. Nothing worth farming in elites anymore. New maps (Tombs and Arena) can be total black holes with little to nothing in return - just a place to go to burn off pots, ankh and plat.

There is an increasing wealth divide and a separation of gear/talent classes. Most of the endgame maps aren't really fun to run anymore - they're only around for hardcore grinding with high-end parties.

This game has lost touch with it's original value as an entertaining pick up game where you can have fun, meet new friends, get some runs in without having to be full-on hardcore. There was a time when you could have fun in PUGs and make some coin off of drops without having to grind endlessly with pro's just to advance the game by the tiniest bit.

When the mainstream cannot even run endgame content, when farming by itself is no longer enough, when the entire game just feels like an escalating arms race, when runs are no longer about fun and feel more like a grind, when everything necessary to make any progress is all directly or indirectly based on platinum, then this game loses the original spark that made it so attractive and such an overwhelming success.

AL has lost it's way, and I hope that it eventually finds its way back to the values that it started with...

AMEN AMEN. I might have to contact you about another elite timed add up contest except this time around its will be easier maps xD for more people to compete. since elite tindirin and planar tombs isn't available. That contest was quite fun even though I didn't get anything out of it lol but rather bringing back the fun.

GoodSyntax
12-03-2014, 10:30 PM
AMEN AMEN. I might have to contact you about another elite timed add up contest except this time around its will be easier maps xD for more people to compete. since elite tindirin and planar tombs isn't available. That contest was quite fun even though I didn't get anything out of it lol but rather bringing back the fun.

We can pool our resources to throw something EPIC! When I retired, I gave all of my best gear and gold to Queenotshade (the Elite Runners GM) with the instructions to sell or use the gear for purposes of throwing contests both in guild and public. All of my remaining pinks/eggs/etc., were donated to Operation Arcane Santa.

I can definitely direct a good portion of my high-end items towards a massive public event!

SacredKnight
12-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Take a break, play Club Penguin.

:banana:

Hallweeen
01-03-2015, 12:07 AM
No more Basket, no more Twoc, no more economy...
Basket quit? :O

demonrazor
01-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Basket quit? :O

Yeah. Been a long time not such a long time-like.

Kakashis
01-03-2015, 02:04 AM
Yeah. Been a long time not such a long time-like.

oh dang, no wonder I never see him online anymore :(

Pillowhead
01-03-2015, 07:11 AM
If you are bored and doesn't think the game is fun anymore, then there is no reason that you play anymore. You should find anything fun, new and special, maybe a game/activity that makes you feel the same you felt for AL.
I wish you good luck, even if you decide to stay or not.

[my english sux, sos *+*]

Songoku
01-03-2015, 01:32 PM
STS be like, hair done, nails done, i aint got no where to stay, STS be like, tonight im gonna care nothing, just gonna realease a new mythic set. Be like whos the richest in this arcane world, imma make one of these richest fall in love. Be like ee ee these STSs be like

Xpolosion
01-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Ohh stop crying u schmuck

siddhant
01-03-2015, 11:31 PM
"quitting is nevr the best option"
"be the change u want to see"
Hope this rings some bell
PS:i nevr understand how a guy with 400m gets bored
think over ur decision gl:)ty

Ebezaanec
01-03-2015, 11:41 PM
"quitting is nevr the best option"
"be the change u want to see"
Hope this rings some bell
PS:i nevr understand how a guy with 400m gets bored
think over ur decision gl:)ty

The best way to "be the change" (for AL) is to quit.

You would be extremely surprised how motivated people become when their paychecks are on the line. Less money-spending players, less revenue.