PDA

View Full Version : Ventrilo Server

MYBOWJERKS
05-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Have to get permission first, will be up shortly.

Violentsaint
05-16-2010, 07:20 PM
awsome, im gonna have to figure out how to use vent on mac, i downloaded it when i used to play wow, but i could never get it working so i just used the ingame system.

this is the best idea ever tho!!!!

soon as i get back from holidays im totaly gonna try this out, finaly no chat deaths while trying the kill frogmar

TheBaconKing
05-16-2010, 07:52 PM
awsome, im gonna have to figure out how to use vent on mac, i downloaded it when i used to play wow, but i could never get it working so i just used the ingame system.

don't know if it has been updated in the past year and a half since I quit WoW, but back then it was horrible too. It worked, but it was no where near as good as the windows version.

Diz
05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Bacon if you're referring to quality of sound, that's based upon Codec settings - and Mac-enabled Vent servers are limited to Speex codecs, which are not as high quality bit rate as the upper end GSM codecs.

TheBaconKing
05-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Bacon if you're referring to quality of sound, that's based upon Codec settings - and Mac-enabled Vent servers are limited to Speex codecs, which are not as high quality bit rate as the upper end GSM codecs.

really all I hated was that on the mac version you could not turn the volume up and down for a certain person person like you could on windows version. Which is very annoying btw. Some people were super loud, and others were super quiet. I just had to live with it though.

PvP
05-16-2010, 08:25 PM
LOTR players were in there. No PLers. I felt so out of place. I couldn't relate at all. Oh well :) if anyone wants to talk on it, send me a private message I suppose.

MYBOWJERKS
05-16-2010, 08:28 PM
PL will be in Open Chat, not any other chat

Diz
05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
I have an empty server if people would like to use it.

It's a 15 man backup server for my guild in other games, but it is literally never used.

I could set it up so people and clans could have their own channels that they could moderate and admin on their own discretion.

Anyone interested?

PvP
05-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I have an empty server if people would like to use it.

It's a 15 man backup server for my guild in other games, but it is literally never used.

I could set it up so people and clans could have their own channels that they could moderate and admin on their own discretion.

Anyone interested?

Ofc. Send me a PM if you get it working.