PDA

View Full Version : Horn of Renew taunt

Serancha
12-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Skill description says it taunts on charge, but it actually taunts any old time. Tap-to-taunt anyone?

Not a big deal since any warrior worth her salt charges her horn, but still worth noting.

extrapayah
12-04-2014, 09:43 AM
well, i believe normally, heal gains aggro, but doesn't taunt without upgrade

taunted enemies will be forced to target you for several seconds...

Serancha
12-04-2014, 11:05 AM
By taunt I mean it causes the red exclamation points that dictate which mobs are being actually taunted.

This is not the same as drawing aggro by using normal / non-taunting skills.

CAK Vader
12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
By taunt I mean it causes the red exclamation points that dictate which mobs are being actually taunted.

This is not the same as drawing aggro by using normal / non-taunting skills.

Is that what that is? I noticed swinging my hammer at an npc often makes them bleed and get an exclamation.
Poor guy. he deserved it! Called me weak :(...

extrapayah
12-04-2014, 12:30 PM
yeah...
but i can say that heal's taunt doesn't give you that exclamation mark animation,
because i'm pretty sure enemies are really 'taunted' by heal with taunt upgrade

probably several months ago i tested it with someone, i asked that someone to attack enemies after i cast heal with upgrade,
and, result was the enemies returned back to me after getting attacked

Serancha
12-05-2014, 12:02 AM
yeah...
but i can say that heal's taunt doesn't give you that exclamation mark animation,
because i'm pretty sure enemies are really 'taunted' by heal with taunt upgrade

probably several months ago i tested it with someone, i asked that someone to attack enemies after i cast heal with upgrade,
and, result was the enemies returned back to me after getting attacked

I tested this before posting. Heal with taunt upgrade gives exclamation point taunt on up to 5 mobs on casting. It does this whether charged or uncharged, however it is only supposed to do it on charge.

This is not the same as mage's heal or rogue's nox drawing aggro. It's a different function altogether, albeit with similar results.

extrapayah
12-05-2014, 02:23 AM
wow, i didn't notice that heal also give that 5 exclamation animation... didn't notice it, lol
anyway, you're right! charged or not it taunted 5 enemies!

Raselph
12-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Is that what that is? I noticed swinging my hammer at an npc often makes them bleed and get an exclamation.
Poor guy. he deserved it! Called me weak :(...

its commmon with woodruff and rusulka the beastmaster...

Serancha
12-05-2014, 04:24 PM
That's a different bug, folks. Let's stay on topic. Thanks.

Madnex
12-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Yeah windmill and traps can affect certain NPC's. Guess I should add up both although there's no real chance of fixes heh.