PDA

View Full Version : Winter Event Missing Its "Christmas Feeling"?

Puffinnn
12-05-2014, 11:50 AM
As most of you are aware of, the holidays are on its way. The Winter Event sounds decent all in all. The holidays are suppose to bring joy and happiness. The only problem is the community's feedback on some of the elements in the event. Vice versa to joy and happiness, all I've seen is rant threads about this and that.

---------------------------------------------------

For The Community:

Why can't we be grateful for what is given to us? After all events only come once in a blue moon. If I was given an opportunity to receive free items, I would sure be happy. I understand that you guys did not receive what you've been asking for. But that's not how life works, you have to work for what you want.

To STS:

I know you guys work hard to keep your players satisfied. Maybe work on a different concept rather than recoloring and re-skinning vanities to give a new taste to the players. In addition, this is the holidays I'm pretty sure people would rather be celebrating with their families and friends rather than running same bland maps for 4 weeks straight. Lower the tier points and requirements for craftables.

VANITIES:
Release Holiday vanities similar to PL which is actually relevant to Christmas unlike these frozen sets. -.- The reason why Arlors are so high demand is because theres low supply and they actually look good. I would like to see simpler concept on vanities unlike over the top and absurd detailed vanities. No need to re-release exclusive vanities. Work on better ones to satisfy people.

Now that my ranting's over I hope the upcoming event turns out great for everyone.

TLDR; Be grateful for what you receive. And please work on better designs people actually want.

Appeltjes
12-05-2014, 11:56 AM
It's a winter event not a christmas event, just saying.

Puffinnn
12-05-2014, 12:02 PM
It's a winter event not a christmas event, just saying.

I thought that was obvious, but whats the holiday that occurs during winter?

Anarchist
12-05-2014, 12:04 PM
What is a christmas feeling? Sts wants your mooonney DA!!!! You think sts care about christmas feelings? They got "bills to pay, children to buy gifts for" and 2014 profit predictions to meet up.

You get christmas feelings with your family and close friends IRL.

Appeltjes
12-05-2014, 12:08 PM

Did it come to your mind that not the entire world celebrates christmas on a big scale?

Puffinnn
12-05-2014, 12:09 PM
What is a christmas feeling? Sts wants your mooonney DA!!!! You think sts care about christmas feelings? They got "bills to pay, children to buy gifts for" and 2014 profit predictions to meet up.

You get christmas feelings with your family and close friends IRL.

Of course they want your money. Shouldn't you receive something for the price you pay?
STS needs to step up their game if they want anything out of my pockets.

Appeltjes
12-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Of course they want your money. Shouldn't you receive something for the price you pay?

You're receiving something, this is on you not on sts, they're giving you something while you want something else which isn't their problem.

Puffinnn
12-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Did it come to your mind that not the entire world celebrates christmas on a big scale?

Did it come to your mind that the majority celebrates christmas? What country is the game from again?

Appeltjes
12-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Did it come to your mind that the majority celebrates christmas? What country is the game from again?

Lol this shows your ignorance, looking at what country a game is from doesn't mean the game is played mostly by this particular country, christmas isn't celebrated on a big scale across the world, countries also have other traditions.

Kriticality
12-05-2014, 12:21 PM

Hanukkah!!!

Anarchist
12-05-2014, 12:24 PM

Bingo!
Christmas feelings can only be there if sts delivers a good product and take their eyes off money. The product quality is low but they did not forget to add in those sweet plat drains they go mad for recently and cherry on your cake reskined better winter weapons so you have a real motive to pop lockeds for christmas...how can there be christmas feelings here?

It will be christmas for sts definately not for us in arlor this winter.

kinzmet
12-05-2014, 08:20 PM
I thought blue moons happens every 3 year? :D

utpal
12-05-2014, 10:55 PM
No Arlors that's y no Christmas feel.
Bring back Arlors.

vawaid
12-06-2014, 12:35 AM

yea, I dont.

epicrrr
12-06-2014, 01:50 AM
what "christmas feeling"? *hits head on the wall*

eonziggys
12-06-2014, 01:56 AM
Ridiculous thread lol

SacredKnight
12-06-2014, 01:58 AM
STS, I pays you 1 Deary for Arlors to return.

eonziggys
12-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Muslim don't celebrate xmast and like other said find your xmast spirit with your family's and friends not with sts lol sts need your money spirit :-)

Aquaxia
12-06-2014, 02:49 AM
I dont celebrate christmas, but im happy with the winter! Just saying...😀

Dex Scene
12-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Wow I am christian and I participate and celebrate lots of other festivals of hindu/muslims. They do celebrate Xmas with us aswel. Some (non Christian ppl) joins me to church and all the party get together. Anyway we can keep religious discussions out of it!
I think Christmas is celebrated in like 90% of the world.
And indeed its a winter event but there should be xmas vanities If not with the event tokens, with plats please!!

Zuorsyra
12-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Christmas has nothing to do with religion nowadays IMO.

Ebezaanec
12-06-2014, 03:12 PM
My suggestions for the next Winter event

-Add snow to the various towns and decorate the towns/NPC with candy canes/wreaths/presents/Christmas trees/Santa caps
-Santa NPC! Gives gifts to players each day during event! (includes gold/ankhs/energy; basically a second but merrier Shazbot)
-Replace the map crates/barrels with presents
-Polar bear pet!
-Add a Christmas tree in Guild Hall

-This one is really out there. Giant Christmas tree in the event town. Each player receives an ornament when they reach a certain tier (maybe silver?). The player can then add it to the Christmas tree. As the event goes on, the tree in each town will become more and more decorated.

I'll add more later

Burstnuke
12-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Guess we should not do a halloween event as halloween isn't celebrated on some parts of the world right?

Arpluvial
12-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Hey guys!

There are many things that are celebrated during the Winter season. Let's make sure to keep the discussion respectful. :) Thanks!