PDA

View Full Version : The (im)possible tomb: lvl 2 (guide)

TheMightyFeusalet
12-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Welcome guys,

first off all I'll start with a lil introduction, I am sceanateba, currently a rogue with 580 dps and no mythics, I have around 1400 armor and i am a proud member of enigmatic. I completed already tomb 1 and i kept farming there but i was hunger for MORE, so I asked in the tombs for people that wanted to do tombs level 2, and guess what: no one was up to do a run, i asked in gc and then said: " do u even know hard tomb level 2 is" , i kept questioning myself why is everyone so scared of this tomb, is it really that hard?

Founded a pug

So next day I was standing again in the tombs looking for a pug and wonder by wonder i found 3 people that wanted to do a run : "wooooot", but that was probably the only happy thing i said during this run, in the beginning everything went smooth, mobs weren't that hard at all and then we arrived at the boss, the boss,....

Boss

So the war went in, sorcs prepared there guns ready, I did get my bow ready and boom there we go, and then the first red circle came and there we saw the first instakill and we didnt even hit 5% off the boss. Then a purple circle came on the ground and more crits were fired and there it ended.

Second run

My moto is "Never give up, how harder you *****, the better you can get". Learning from your mistakes was probably the first thing i needed to do. I remembered from the first run that the boss could instakill you but it didnt happend if the tank could keep good aggro and if you did stood enough far away. I asked in guildchat and candylicks joined and a war from the guild joined (please anyone tell me his name, totally forget it ), we were with 3 and we picked up a sor that stood by the tomb door off lvl 2. The sorc had only 420 dps and 1113 armor, so I thought " yeah, this will probably another fail run, ut wonder by wonder we did get thru all the mobs and arrived at boss.

Another boss fight ( tips and tricks)

Like some may saw sometimes the boss spawns a sort of purple circle -> the first question i asked myself is what does this circle even do, i watched to the health-bar and it seems like when he stand long enough in the circle he regains his health pretty fast and it seems like his crit goes up (not sure about this but i do think this happens) so if the circle spawns try to get the boss out of there, by example if the is boss in top right corner in map and spawn there his circle , everyone should run down. Then rogues and sorcs need to try to pull him down, remember that the boss only will move if everyone stand far away from the boss or if someone is taking i-enough aggro and is standing far away from the boss. It seems that is very hard for a war to take the boss out of the circle so i recommend he runs down to and waits there till the boss moves out of his circle and then takes aggro again. Another thing is sometimes there is another red circle coming on your screen, then it is best for the war and all the other memebers to get away from the boss, when this red circle comes the boss will stay and stand still on his place so keep hitting him. When circle is gone the war needs to take aggro as fast as he can, I think axethroawing here is the best solution. It is almost impossible to do this boss without a tank I think, i think it is the best to run with 3 or 4. And at least 2 rogues.

Wich pets to use
later to come

Gear recommandations

later to come

Which mobs do we need to kill? (map)

later to come

If anyone got other tips, please feel free to post them hereor if they think something is wrong feel free to say it, thanks in advance

Thanks for reading guys, hope you enjoyed it and that it helps you!

regizakirs.rs
12-05-2014, 03:13 PM
At least you got someone to help you. I sat there for over an hour yesterday and today and still didn't get any help. Sorry to rant on your post. I like the detailed info though.

Appeltjes
12-05-2014, 03:18 PM
At least you got someone to help you. I sat there for over an hour yesterday and today and still didn't get any help. Sorry to rant on your post. I like the detailed info though.

Feel free to join enigmatic :)

TheMightyFeusalet
12-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Sorry to hear your problem but thats not a problem at all, but mate i got a solution for you, why you dont try out <<enigmatic>> i am sure people will help you here if you are active and a warm and friendly player. We are a real family we have around 150 members, i can ask to an officer or recruiter to check you out, we'll do a little test run and boom you are in, feel free to add me in game, ia m mostly online on my rogue sceanateba

TheMightyFeusalet
12-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Feel free to join enigmatic :)

yeah indeed what this guy says

regizakirs.rs
12-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks [emoji106]

Qamr
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
It is almost impossible to do this boss without a tank I think

lO.Ol are you sure about that. the best way to run that map is without any tanks

TheMightyFeusalet
12-05-2014, 03:56 PM
lO.Ol are you sure about that. the best way to run that map is without any tanks

Yeah without war rogue and sorcs will get instakilled much easilier remember this is my opinion

regizakirs.rs
12-05-2014, 04:02 PM
I've heard that exact same thing. That you don't run the tombs with tanks. [emoji87]

TheMightyFeusalet
12-05-2014, 04:26 PM
I've heard that exact same thing. That you don't run the tombs with tanks. [emoji87]

We do

Kingofninjas
12-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Actually for tomb 2 the one, all important piece of advice from me is, DO NOT BRING A TANK. If you get too close, the boss starts to use these huge aoe circles that 1 hit any mage/rogue. SInce all a tank can do is get close (other than axe), they automatically trigger this, making the run much more ankh expensive.

TheMightyFeusalet
12-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Just did a run without tanks and ... it seems like purple circle keep spawning?

Xorrior
12-06-2014, 05:37 AM
For this boss you need high damage/dps, rogues are a must here! The health bar is insane so be warned and get those ankhs prepared - this is definitely not one for the faint hearted! Just continually pound him with all the fire power you have non-stop. Use grimms for debuffs and gyrms if your team has high dps.

Pull him out of the energy pool by running away opposite side, either up or down depending where he is situated, he'll jump out to come and kill you :) you must do this in unison. Not have three of you trying to lure him towards other end of area while one silly mage or rogue tries to tank him in front of his energy pool and allow him to re-energise! The last thing you want is his health bar to go up.

Maxwell B. Hound
12-06-2014, 07:56 AM
All I know is I cleared tomb 1 not hard gonna try 2 today. But deff check us out. Engi is an awesome guild Xor has helped me tremendously and I can't express my gratitude enough this is prolly the best guild I've ever been in and I will remain here for eternity :)

GuardianTwo
12-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Luckily I had got my guildmate(ER) tank to help with this tomb2 and a great pug mage , also a rouge( don't remember a guildmate/pug) and me mage,
For the purple healing circle, I told tank to use axe , and yes it worked , boss got pulled out of it... For big red zones, Kelvin stuns were working, or being a 2step more away from red zone saved me almost everytime ( 2 step since I think I had read its red zone glitch which is why it is more big/far than it actually looks)

And on one more run with me tank, 2 rouge and a mage ( this was my first run) when big red zone happen I don't attack , also try to dismiss pet ( obv happen only when AA is not on CD) , since the curse kills otherwise, also I tried to time heal so even though cursed, I don't take reflect damage :)

Dex Scene
12-06-2014, 12:06 PM
What I heard and experienced is that when a warrior is in the map, the mobs and bosses hit harder! I can be wrong but I somehow experienced it.
Nonetheless Yes, with a warrior, the run is smoother and less stressful for a non arcane like me! I can chat while fighting, I can minimize the game to search and change background songs without asking party for a break. Less pot spams aswel. :)

Xorrior
12-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Luckily I had got my guildmate(ER) tank to help with this tomb2 and a great pug mage , also a rouge( don't remember a guildmate/pug) and me mage,
For the purple healing circle, I told tank to use axe , and yes it worked , boss got pulled out of it... For big red zones, Kelvin stuns were working, or being a 2step more away from red zone saved me almost everytime ( 2 step since I think I had read its red zone glitch which is why it is more big/far than it actually looks)

And on one more run with me tank, 2 rouge and a mage ( this was my first run) when big red zone happen I don't attack , also try to dismiss pet ( obv happen only when AA is not on CD) , since the curse kills otherwise, also I tried to time heal so even though cursed, I don't take reflect damage :)

^^ Good advice here folks! +1 Boss gets me with curse everytime -_- hate him lol.

Serancha
12-06-2014, 01:42 PM
What I heard and experienced is that when a warrior is in the map, the mobs and bosses hit harder! I can be wrong but I somehow experienced it.
Nonetheless Yes, with a warrior, the run is smoother and less stressful for a non arcane like me! I can chat while fighting, I can minimize the game to search and change background songs without asking party for a break. Less pot spams aswel. :)

This is the experience of pretty much every dps player in the game. STS officially says scaling is only level and party size, but then they also didn't know damage % buffs didn't stack.

Until they admit there is a glitch that makes things harder with high gear warriors, fatties are going to be mostly sitting the sidelines (unless they are extremely skilled). Sad but true.

However, the main reason not to take a warrior here is that the boss must be kited. Even ravager got killed more than once (sorry rav) on this boss. The best thing is to have a team of 3 dps and run circles.

Xorrior
12-06-2014, 01:45 PM
All I know is I cleared tomb 1 not hard gonna try 2 today. But deff check us out. Engi is an awesome guild Xor has helped me tremendously and I can't express my gratitude enough this is prolly the best guild I've ever been in and I will remain here for eternity :)

You're a fearless mage! Big respect for clearing tomb 1 with the gears you have :) Very brave in tackling tomb 2 so soon, you've done well for yourself already in both farming and tackling elite maps etc.. We progress and become an Enigma. I have faith in you being a solid mage!

Don't forget to follow guild chat with news, hints and tips! See you in-game.

Samaeldavisjr
12-06-2014, 02:39 PM
I run T2 all the time with no problems. 3 rogue and me (war). We actually run laps every morning. Do about 4-5 runs/hour

GuardianTwo
12-06-2014, 02:46 PM
^^ Good advice here folks! +1 Boss gets me with curse everytime -_- hate him lol.
and also I (tank) can try with no pet so that it doesnt kill me ... have done only 1 run on each toon, will see if I get to do more.

Dex Scene
12-06-2014, 03:11 PM
This is the experience of pretty much every dps player in the game. STS officially says scaling is only level and party size, but then they also didn't know damage % buffs didn't stack.

Until they admit there is a glitch that makes things harder with high gear warriors, fatties are going to be mostly sitting the sidelines (unless they are extremely skilled). Sad but true.

However, the main reason not to take a warrior here is that the boss must be kited. Even ravager got killed more than once (sorry rav) on this boss. The best thing is to have a team of 3 dps and run circles.
Exactly. You guys run with sam amy sometimes why not show them heavy armored hp fatties make mobs bosses harder for real? They should fix it.

Kingofninjas
12-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I run T2 all the time with no problems. 3 rogue and me (war). We actually run laps every morning. Do about 4-5 runs/hour

10 ankhs a run? Or do you stand far away and simply Axe and heal?