PDA

View Full Version : Revised Eye recipe is a joke

Derezzzed
12-05-2014, 08:01 PM
First let's start off by seeing the change to the recipe

Now let's check out the auction prices 10 MINUTES after the post went up

Now never mind the hit this just caused on the gem economy let's get a few things straight here: 10gems each = 300 ESSENCE you have to farm - to craft these said 30gems without plat'n through the timer it takes a minimum of 2days - not to mention the ice dragon scales + eye drop + the already 10plat item (orb) needed to craft the eye

This is simply ridiculous: this needs to be looked at again, either revise it to a set amount of essence (say 30 of each) or make it 5gems each so we can atleast craft the materials in a 24h period

Raregem
12-05-2014, 08:11 PM
The 25 planar doesn't seem so bad now..

I think 5 of each gem is reasonable, 10 is a little much.

Zeus
12-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Get farming, get rich! Start now! :D

Derezzzed
12-05-2014, 08:28 PM

Hahahahahaha how many toons inventories do you have maxed with gems? ;D

Zeus
12-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Hahahahahaha how many toons inventories do you have maxed with gems? ;D

*whistles* I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about! :rolleyes:

Serancha
12-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Not to mention that the other item that is a drop is probably recipe-like in rareness, meaning this whole event is a waste of time.

drgrimmy
12-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Think of it this way, the gem looks to be an automatic grand gem. It takes an average of 20-30 regular gems (glacian, fire, or blood) to get one grand gem while updating, so using 30 gems to get an automatic grand gem seems resonable...

Derezzzed
12-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Not to mention that the other item that is a drop is probably recipe-like in rareness, meaning this whole event is a waste of time.

^as far as ️Ik no one has gotten it on test server

Derezzzed
12-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Also:

Serancha
12-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Omg rezz, dying laughing at that character in your screenie. The guild name is perfect.

Derezzzed
12-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Omg rezz, dying laughing at that character in your screenie. The guild name is perfect.

Lmao only if that was on real server ������

drgrimmy
12-05-2014, 09:52 PM

Seriously, this is really a big windfall for the little guys who are going to be doing the event without plat. It actually gives the regular gems some value again. Usually the price of regular gems plummet during an event due to everyone farming for essences to craft energy. It is always a struggle to decide whether or not to liquidate the non energy and non event essences, or to clutter up your inventory and waste crafting slots to craft regular gems when you can be crafting energy and event chests instread. Last event I got to platinum level with two alts mostly without plat, farming and crafting almost all of my energy. At the same time I crafted about twenty of each regular gem. If they hold their inflated value of say just 10k this event, that is 60x 10k or 600k earned during the event just from crafting regular gems as a byproduct of farming for energy... Really a win win situation for the non plat spenders and not so rich in the game!

twoxc
12-05-2014, 09:59 PM
You only get 1 para mythic gem during the whole 2 weeks of Halloween event. So this winter event you might get 2 syrillax mythic gem lol.

Wutzgood
12-05-2014, 10:26 PM
I like this better than planar ones for sure. My 3 twinks would have had no chance to craft it otherwise and had no reason to go for plat tier. My level 10 rogue always has the easiest time in events of all my guys and I always look forward to soloing all the bosses.

Now for the decision to sell my hoarded gems or save them to craft the new gems lol.

debitmandiri
12-05-2014, 11:12 PM
And now im regret selling all my gem lol.....there was 50+ in my inventory hahaha :(

epicrrr
12-06-2014, 01:42 AM
10 of each gem is a lot, I'd say 4-6 is a good number. The removal of planar essence is much appreciated or otherwise my 13 rog will be raging for the whole event. :banana:

Chirurgienne
12-06-2014, 03:36 AM
After one night, prices still low (4k-6k5)
I'll not complain bc farming gems will be a good way to earn some gold during this event.

I think the principal pb is new gem stats, a bit low for too much things to collect

Xpolosion
12-06-2014, 03:46 AM
10 of each gem is a lot, I'd say 4-6 is a good number. The removal of planar essence is much appreciated or otherwise my 13 rog will be raging for the whole event. :banana:

pinks for twinks

justhell
12-06-2014, 04:59 AM
I hope there's nothing happen with essense drop rate [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36]

Energizeric
12-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Seriously, this is really a big windfall for the little guys who are going to be doing the event without plat. It actually gives the regular gems some value again. Usually the price of regular gems plummet during an event due to everyone farming for essences to craft energy. It is always a struggle to decide whether or not to liquidate the non energy and non event essences, or to clutter up your inventory and waste crafting slots to craft regular gems when you can be crafting energy and event chests instread. Last event I got to platinum level with two alts mostly without plat, farming and crafting almost all of my energy. At the same time I crafted about twenty of each regular gem. If they hold their inflated value of say just 10k this event, that is 60x 10k or 600k earned during the event just from crafting regular gems as a byproduct of farming for energy... Really a win win situation for the non plat spenders and not so rich in the game!

An interesting decision is going to be whether or not to craft regular gems (blood, fire, glacial) which people will need to craft this eye gem, or to use your essences to craft tarlok gems, which will surely be worth more later on. But during the event, it will be interesting to see what the prices of each are. Considering it takes 30 gems to craft the eye gem, I suspect the regular gems may actually be in higher demand than the tarlok gems during the event, but maybe later on it would be more profitable to have crafted tarlok gems and hold onto them for a few months and then sell.

Madnex
12-06-2014, 06:10 AM
There won't be that many Tarlok gems crafted this time around with everyone trying to get syrillax gems. Don't forget the new locks need ice essence too. Everything needs the damn ice essence!

Anarchist
12-06-2014, 06:13 AM
The poor ain't got time to waste sitting on gold when he can make make fresh fast money asap.

The rich will be too busy stackin syrillax gems and running portals for syrillax eyes.

scychogost
12-06-2014, 07:17 AM
If this gem dnt add any effect im fine with that, i can make a good money with that changes, since i wont run for that gem haha

Wutzgood
12-06-2014, 07:24 AM
If this gem dnt add any effect im fine with that, i can make a good money with that changes, since i wont run for that gem haha

I'm actually thinking the same thing. Whether there is an effect on the new gem or not will determine if I go for gold or plat tier.

Candylicks
12-06-2014, 08:35 AM
It may be easier to run multiple toons to plat than try and craft multiple eyes when you get tbe recipe. Then use ess for Tarlok gems.

Transfordark
12-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Forget this new gem I'm gonna farm gems and make some money also gonna sell the recipe rather than craft it which is a rip off

Kakashis
12-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Guess I'll be a gem farmer this time around.

Haifer
12-06-2014, 10:14 AM
An interesting decision is going to be whether or not to craft regular gems (blood, fire, glacial) which people will need to craft this eye gem, or to use your essences to craft tarlok gems, which will surely be worth more later on. But during the event, it will be interesting to see what the prices of each are. Considering it takes 30 gems to craft the eye gem, I suspect the regular gems may actually be in higher demand than the tarlok gems during the event, but maybe later on it would be more profitable to have crafted tarlok gems and hold onto them for a few months and then sell.
This is a big choice u have to make. I am just going to hold all of my essences and not craft anything until I have all the ingredients for the new gem. If I never get the rare drop item, then I'll just craft a bunch of Tarlok Gems.

Arrowz
12-06-2014, 11:05 AM
^as far as ️Ik no one has gotten it on test server

Thats is because they forgot to add it to the loot table. Im sure it will have a reasonable drop rate

Kriticality
12-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Def a lot going on. I'd like to create 30+ tarloks and 10 Eye gems (assuming I can get that drop) which is 3300 essence haha and also 50-100 crates. Hope these ice scales snow/hail from the sky. hahaha

epicrrr
12-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Question is, is the crit bonus really worht it for 10 gems each glacial fire and blood? Statwise Tarlok gem is almost on par and only requires essences (if same as last year). 2% crit cant justify Syrillax requiring 30 gems, they should buff it/re-stat the whole syrillax.

Arrowz
12-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Question is, is the crit bonus really worht it for 10 gems each glacial fire and blood? Statwise Tarlok gem is almost on par and only requires essences (if same as last year). 2% crit cant justify Syrillax requiring 30 gems, they should buff it/re-stat the whole syrillax.

Yes its worth. Imagine using 8 of these on a twink, at my lvl that will give us 12 more crit