PDA

View Full Version : Did I do something wrong?

WhoIsThis
02-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I was playing in Balefort Sewers and decided to join a level I've never tried before called the bank vault. Anyways, there were several other people in battle already so I jumped in.

At the end, we all received items. What is unique however, is what I received, which was a level 55 enchanted gem star wand, which is in my crafting section. I can upload a pic on request.

I assume that it must have been fairly valuable because I was then accused of taking their item and was asked to leave. Did I do anything wrong? Up until now, I have always assumed that when you get kills, drops are for the most part, random.

Edit 2: Apparently, the person's name is Amecike. The player also travels with someone called "Anecike".

Edit: At the request of one of the players, I have uploaded the picture for viewing. I just levelled, so here it is:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_qxqUJiD0__c/TVcLHd42moI/AAAAAAAAAGk/KIRoDptqk3k/Drop.png

Physiologic
02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
You did nothing wrong, lol. It's called jealousy. Drops are indeed completely random and you were the lucky one :)

Conradin
02-12-2011, 04:26 PM
they were sooo jealos! nice drop.

Major
02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
nice drop....darn that jealousy....i get the same feelin with my gf lol

Malakov
02-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I see nothing wrong with what you had done. You participated in the fight and got a random drop.

Royce
02-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Yeah your drop does not effect their drop. It's not like if you weren't there someone else would have gotten it. Drops are random and people get jealous, these are simple facts ;)

WhoIsThis
02-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks for confirming everyone. For the record, I did not have an ill intentions at heart.

Tsarra
02-12-2011, 04:36 PM
The distinction here is that you received a rare drop, not their rare drop. I'm sure they were furious, anyway. Tough. :)

Zerious
02-12-2011, 04:43 PM
it's like flipping a coin:

1 flip is a 50% chance for heads

2 flips is not doubling the 50%, but instead it's 2 50% chances. The two flips are separate events that don't affect each other.

so the drop rate wasn't altered in any way. The drop rate is the same for EACH INDIVIDUAL player, like the coin flipping. You did nothing wrong.

BeefyMeat
02-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Asommers will confirm that your drop is based solely on you and no one else. Like others said, they were jealous and nothing more.

WhoIsThis
02-12-2011, 05:22 PM
It's kind of sad really, now that I think about it that this sort of thing happens. I have never encountered this kind of behavior before, although I have encountered players that need to be added to my ban list.

Zeus
02-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Ya... Don't worry about the people bringing you down on the drop you get. Enjoy it and if you feel like it, give it to someone deserving. That is what I do, and people who play with me usually know if I don't need the drop for some sort of use, I give it away. There will always be players like this, just don't think abou tthem and don't let them ruin your PL experience. Have a Nice Day!!!!!!

Kujen
02-12-2011, 05:27 PM
You didn't steal their drop. Your drop was just better than theirs. They still wouldn't have gotten it whether you were there or not. Its just random, and every person's drop is independent of anyone else.

Ayrilana
02-12-2011, 05:42 PM
All players get individual rolls (and rerolls if they are using luck elixirs) for loot.

-ALS

10 characters

Zerious
02-12-2011, 06:34 PM
10 characters

thanks for adding this

Lesrider
02-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Congrats! No reason to feel bad.
True, a group of friends might be a bit unhappy when a drop-in (ie not their friend) gets the loot, but no reason to be so rude about it, especially since it sounds like you participated just as much as they did. Just avoid them in the future. And enjoy the drop.

(Happened while I was with some friends, too -- the one person we didn't know got the drop. But we congratulated him nonetheless. He wasn't a leech or anything, we just didn't know him. No reason to get all up in someone's face over that.)

Demonicdevyn
02-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for confirming everyone. For the record, I did not have an ill intentions at heart.

OMG a canadian pl player I am now happy =)

Kossi
02-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Congrats! No reason to feel bad.
True, a group of friends might be a bit unhappy when a drop-in (ie not their friend) gets the loot, but no reason to be so rude about it, especially since it sounds like you participated just as much as they did. Just avoid them in the future. And enjoy the drop.

(Happened while I was with some friends, too -- the one person we didn't know got the drop. But we congratulated him nonetheless. He wasn't a leech or anything, we just didn't know him. No reason to get all up in someone's face over that.)

i wasnt jealous at all when lone got the recipe

it looked like lone was gonna punch something unless he got something lol

Zeus
02-12-2011, 06:53 PM
i wasnt jealous at all when lone got the recipe

it looked like lone was gonna punch something unless he got something lol

Ya, he was getting really upset about it. He blew over 2 mil in Gold and had only 2 pink drops to show for it, both of which didn't happen till a lot later. I still have yet to get one pink drop however :p.

WhoIsThis
02-13-2011, 11:07 PM
They had me leave before I could recall their names. I encountered them again today. Amecike is the name and it's a mage that often travels with Anecike.

I'm adding them on my ignore list. I'd recommend doing the same.