PDA

View Full Version : Looking for mage advice

whizzyrich
12-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been playing for a couple of weeks and have been trying to follow the advice given on this forum. I am currently no a member of any guild but would appreciate any advice on how to better prepare for things to come as I level up. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Update: Please see below for screenshots of current specs.

Wutzgood
12-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Put all points into intelligence. Skills depends on what you want to do. If you have any questions send me a pm here or in game.

whizzyrich
12-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Sorry, my first try at attaching screenshots didn't work.

whizzyrich
12-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Watzgood, thanks for the advice. I guess the only specific advice I need right now is there anything I can do to be less squishy when running solo maps or the tombs. Right now I am heavily dependent on warriors.

GoodSyntax
12-06-2014, 11:25 PM
I went Fireball, Gale, Ice and Clock on my Sorc.

It may sound crazy to go without Shield or Heal, but I found that having additional stun/knockdown skills really helps with mob control.

You are just in a bad spot right now, because Sorcs in the lv20's are probably when they are at their weakest point. Once you hit the mid-30's, thing will start to improve by a lot.

And, if that is a Carbide that you're using, it is nice, but because the gun is so slow, I find other guns to be a bit more effective.

aquascaper
12-06-2014, 11:44 PM

It may sound crazy to go without Shield or Heal, but I found that having additional stun/knockdown skills really helps with mob control.

You are just in a bad spot right now, because Sorcs in the lv20's are probably when they are at their weakest point. Once you hit the mid-30's, thing will start to improve by a lot.

And, if that is a Carbide that you're using, it is nice, but because the gun is so slow, I find other guns to be a bit more effective.

True, the fire guns are a bit slow, but they have an advantage as well. There is a small aoe circle around the targeted enemy on the auto-attack, meaning that you can hit multiple enemies with auto-attack in tightly-packed areas such as tombs. This really depends on personal preference - if you tend to use more skills, I would recommend an expe rifle as it is faster, but if you tend to use auto-attack a lot, this gun can be useful as well.

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll be on the lookout for faster guns. Right now I run with fire, lightening, time, and either shield or heal depending on the circumstances. I might drop heal and shield as I level up with stronger gear.

Is there auto attack on android? I can't find any option for it.

Thx again

GuardianTwo
12-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll be on the lookout for faster guns. Right now I run with fire, lightening, time, and either shield or heal depending on the circumstances. I might drop heal and shield as I level up with stronger gear.

Is there auto attack on android? I can't find any option for it.

Thx again

Here auto-attack means , the normal shoot by the gun/weapon

Kreasadriii
12-07-2014, 06:13 AM

Its like my build too o.O
Btw finally done planar 1 without shield and heal :D

That's what Kalizzaa wrote is good bro.
If want to have 5 skills, take lightning (only crit n dmg upgrade)

Wutzgood
12-07-2014, 08:01 AM
I have to agree with kaliz. I use all attack skills and no heal or shield. You have to get used to dodging red zones tho.

If you want more durability use Druid/living/planar/necro security armor. I made a topic here for making less squishy tanks and what gear to use. Elondrian gems go a long way on a defensive set.

It's always good as a Mage to have 2 sets. One for damage and another for surviving.

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the advice guys!

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

aquascaper
12-07-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm have a level 18 mage that i play for fun. I do all the quests and I'm earning all the gold independent of my main toons. I've found fire, ice, heal and clock are the best skills at that level. Fire is a must have for dot and stun, ice for freezing / slowing and dot and clock because it's awesome. I chose to use heal because i can keep other players alive who are less experienced.

Omg, I'm not the only one who does that O.o I "lend" my lepre to it tho lol

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 01:47 PM
I originally was using ice but respec for lightening since my idea was to use the increase damage to get rid of toons as fast as possible. Would be interested in hearing what others do. Thx for the tips!

Serancha
12-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Go for living spirit, ancient druid or necroptic armour. Using something that provides more hp and armour would be beneficial. You should be over 2500 hp at this level.

Try grabbing a malison. Best stat boost for the buck.

You will want to also be adding passive strength, intelligence and eventually agility and crit at this point. Start with passive strength if you are having squishiness issues.

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Go for living spirit, ancient druid or necroptic armour. Using something that provides more hp and armour would be beneficial. You should be over 2500 hp at this level.

Try grabbing a malison. Best stat boost for the buck.

You will want to also be adding passive strength, intelligence and eventually agility and crit at this point. Start with passive strength if you are having squishiness issues.

Thanks for the advice!

I just leveled up so I'll add to passive strength. As far as armored is concerned, is there a map for farming it or is the auction the place to go? Thx again!

Wutzgood
12-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the advice!

I just leveled up so I'll add to passive strength. As far as armored is concerned, is there a map for farming it or is the auction the place to go? Thx again!

Auction is your best chance. The sets mentioned were from events and the auction is flooded with them ATM. You could get then cheap. Use brutality for damage or security for defense.

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Auction is your best chance. The sets mentioned were from events and the auction is flooded with them ATM. You could get then cheap. Use brutality for damage or security for defense.

Thx! Based on my current stats, should I keep upping damage or begin adding some defense? When I level, all points still go to intelligence. Appreciate any advice.

Wutzgood
12-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Thx! Based on my current stats, should I keep upping damage or begin adding some defense? When I level, all points still go to intelligence. Appreciate any advice.

Use security if you are dying a lot and brutality if you aren't. Once you cap it's best to have both sets to switch between.

It also comes down to how well you can dodge red zones. Haven't used shield since season 4 so I'm used to it.

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Use security if you are dying a lot and brutality if you aren't. Once you cap it's best to have both sets to switch between.

It also comes down to how well you can dodge red zones. Haven't used shield since season 4 so I'm used to it.

Thx much for the additional advice!

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Wutzgood
12-07-2014, 05:20 PM

Anytime. Send a pm or post here if you need any other info.

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Well I went to auction and picked up some additional health and armor at a nominal cost to gold and damage. I'll keep hunting. My goal is to get to 2500 health with minimal impact to damage though it seems inevitable that dexterity (critical) will take a hit.

Wutzgood
12-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Well I went to auction and picked up some additional health and armor at a nominal cost to gold and damage. I'll keep hunting. My goal is to get to 2500 health with minimal impact to damage though it seems inevitable that dexterity (critical) will take a hit.

Yeah don't spend too much on equip till you are 40-41. I wouldn't worry too much about crit loss. Damage, health and armor are the most important stats to watch IMO.

whizzyrich
12-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Yeah don't spend too much on equip till you are 40-41. I wouldn't worry too much about crit loss. Damage, health and armor are the most important stats to watch IMO.

Thanks for the advice. Helps me bring focus to my purchases. Any additional thoughts are always appreciated.