PDA

View Full Version : Weapon chosing--Hit and critical or DPS

Generators
02-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Dear all,
I am new to this game. Now I got a problem on how to choose the correct weapon. I'm a cat mage and using a pink single hand weapon of 30 level. This pink weapon will add 2%hit, 2%crit, some H/s and M/s. I am now 42 level, should I change another weapon with lower additional hit and critical ratio but higher DPS? In which case I can maximize my DPS please?
Your reply will be highly appreciated!

Zeus
02-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Well your job is an int mage. I would need to know the base damage on both, but your second option is sounding better atm, but... You don't really need to worry about this all that much till you reach level 45-50, that's when you should really start paying attention because the bosses start having increased armor so your weapon won't be as effective as it once was.

Generators
02-12-2011, 10:46 PM
First of all, Thank you very much buddy. I reaally didn't expect such a prompt reply lol. Here comes my basic data: hit%:99; crit:16; dodge:4(this seems to be useless to a mega?) life regen:5; mana regen:13. damage:66-89; DPS:78.
If I reached 45 level, what would be the most important attributes for me as a mega please?

Physiologic
02-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Damage, Crit, Mana Regen are very important.

Hit% is capped so anything beyond 84% in Alien Oasis 2/3 (which I presume you're in) won't matter.
You don't need life regen because you have heal, mana regen is a lot more important to keep your mana shield up.
Dodge can be useful to a mage to some degree but you'll be having your bear partner hopefully take the hits.

Since mages are all about massive damage to a large amount of enemies, you'll want to pump a lot into damage and crit. Crit is based off of a percentage - Crit 16 would mean you'd have a 16% chance to critically hit an enemy. If that happens you basically do 2x the amount of damage you usually do - always a good thing while you're attacking multiple targets.

Royce
02-12-2011, 10:54 PM
In general look for base damage over DPS for a Mage, but really you should equip different weapons and see which gives you the highest skill damage. Beyond that look for items that give you M/s, Crit, and defensive stuff like armor and dodge always help with squishiness ;) Abother important factor for Mage weapons is their procs. Some staffs do AOE damage, and most Mage weapons have a proc of some sort (burn, freeze, weakness, nightmare, etc.).

Zeus
02-12-2011, 10:54 PM
First of all, Thank you very much buddy. I reaally didn't expect such a prompt reply lol. Here comes my basic data: hit%:99; crit:16; dodge:4(this seems to be useless to a mega?) life regen:5; mana regen:13. damage:66-89; DPS:78.
If I reached 45 level, what would be the most important attributes for me as a mega please?

As a Mage pure int is the way to go, and try and go along with a Level 45 Toyman wand or Djinn wand of Isis for your weapon. And all Isis int gear. Some people may recommend a paladin for survivability, but I feel that it reduces the usefulness of an int elf.

Based on these stats, I'd say definitely go with option number 2.

Edit: Royce beat me to it :(

Generators
02-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Now I think I know which weapon suits me. I'd take the one that helps me to gain higher DPS. Thank you all for kind-heartedness. Btw, my name in the game is generators, hope that we'll meet in the game.
Please accpet the my gratitue from China for all these precious replies and your replies really help me a lot.

Zeus
02-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Now I think I know which weapon suits me. I'd take the one that helps me to gain higher DPS. Thank you all for kind-heartedness. Btw, my name in the game is generators, hope that we'll meet in the game.
Please accpet the my gratitue from China for all these precious replies and your replies really help me a lot.

Well, Happy to have you here :) I will surely add you.