PDA

View Full Version : Buff Scorch

SacredKnight
12-07-2014, 04:43 AM
STS, Please Buff Scorch or atleast let us have a full refund :/

I suggest to add a 11% DMG Buff and a 45 Armour Bonus.

*For the AA I suggest a shield that absorbs 8k DMG or lasting for 9 Seconds, then afterwards initiate a 60% DMG Reduction buff for 3.5-5 Seconds depending on level.

However, Scorch could alternatively have a 7k DMG Absorb and +100% Regen of Mana and HP (For AA), as well as 40% DMG Reduction Buff.

DISCLAIMER: For Zeus' comfort, I must say that these are ideas and in no way am I implying that these are what Scorch should get, I am merely trying to instigate the mere acknowledgement of Scorches general weakness. I have posted somewhere what I actually think an appropriate buff should be however, I am too lazy to erase previous work on the OP even though this disclaimer that I wrote is composed of more words then the previous OP. Also the time it took me to type this up would be more then the time it would have taken me to actually erase the irrelevant part of the post in the first place, oh well.

TBH I think Nekro should not have Scorches AA implemented into it because if Scorch gets a reasonably good buff then Nekro could plausibly become OP if he gets a fix.

Jirikjurasek
12-07-2014, 03:26 PM
14 threads about #BuffScorch left for StS response ;-)

SacredKnight
12-07-2014, 10:35 PM
14 threads about #BuffScorch left for StS response ;-)

It's disappointing this pet, really. We haven't even had a Mod comment :/

termi330
12-08-2014, 10:16 AM
I also bought Scorch and want better buff than just "cheap shield"

Superduck
12-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Buff mage who cares about a pet

SacredKnight
12-08-2014, 06:50 PM

A lot of people Superduck, a lot of people. Considering this is a 250 Platinum Mythic Quality pet we deserve what we paid for, not 1 and 1/2 pots.

SacredKnight
12-09-2014, 11:40 PM
:/ I wonder how long it'll take for a Scorch Buff.

Jirikjurasek
12-12-2014, 01:33 AM

epicrrr
12-12-2014, 01:58 AM
scorch's stats is good as is.

Appeltjes
12-12-2014, 02:02 AM
scorch's stats is good as is.

Lol lvl 12-13...

SacredKnight
12-12-2014, 03:33 AM
Lol lvl 12-13...

Lol, level 12 and 13? Try level Unpurchased.

Remarked
12-12-2014, 06:55 PM
:/ I wonder how long it'll take for a Scorch Buff.

Lolo probably Neveruary.

SacredKnight
12-14-2014, 04:42 AM
Lolo probably Neveruary.

Lol, seriously. Scorch needs a buff.

Kingofninjas
12-14-2014, 05:02 AM

For the AA I suggest a shield that absorbs 8k DMG or lasting for 9 Seconds, then afterwards initiate a 60% DMG Reduction buff for 3.5-5 Seconds depending on level.

However, Scorch could alternatively have a 7k DMG Absorb and +100% Regen of Mana and HP (For AA), as well as 40% DMG Reduction Buff.

TBH I think Nekro should not have Scorches AA implemented into it because if Scorch gets a reasonably good buff then Nekro could plausibly become OP if he gets a fix.

8k damage is a bit overkill IMO. Imagine having to face a rogue who has 8k +3.5-4k = 11.5-12k health. Agrred, you could also have the 8k health bonus, but since tanks damage so much slower, chances are by the time you destroy that shield and get started on killing the rogue, the packs will be more than enough to keep him alive till the shield is ready again.

Another scenario in tdm is a rogue 1 on 1. Player with scorch will automatically win, even if other one doesn't.

SacredKnight
12-14-2014, 02:34 PM
8k damage is a bit overkill IMO. Imagine having to face a rogue who has 8k +3.5-4k = 11.5-12k health. Agrred, you could also have the 8k health bonus, but since tanks damage so much slower, chances are by the time you destroy that shield and get started on killing the rogue, the packs will be more than enough to keep him alive till the shield is ready again.

Another scenario in tdm is a rogue 1 on 1. Player with scorch will automatically win, even if other one doesn't.

Can be altered for PvP ;) Maybe 20% reduction? (PvP).

Kingofninjas
12-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Can be altered for PvP ;) Maybe 20% reduction? (PvP).

How about 2k dmg absorb in pvp? That seems reasonable.

SacredKnight
12-17-2014, 01:18 AM
How about 2k dmg absorb in pvp? That seems reasonable.

I don't PvP much so I wouldn't know what's suitable for PvP. However I am quite sure Scorches AA already absorbs that amount roughly, no? TBH I am looking at a PvE end for Scorches Abilities, right now though I just want to know if any Devs at all are even realising this issue.

Hellcookie
12-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Sts, pls buff deary, add 20% dmg and +500 hp, ty.

Appeltjes
12-17-2014, 04:25 PM
All these nabish twinks reacting on this thread

SacredKnight
12-17-2014, 04:26 PM
All these nabish twinks reacting on this thread

Lol.

Dvsk
01-02-2015, 11:53 PM

For the AA I suggest a shield that absorbs 8k DMG or lasting for 9 Seconds, then afterwards initiate a 60% DMG Reduction buff for 3.5-5 Seconds depending on level.

That AA of 7/8k damage reduction needs to be changed considerably when doing PVP. Imagine a level 7 with 8k + hp. This can also be another game ender like for rouges for all levels of PVP, as they only lack HP, so if they get an additional 8k they can probably punch + pack = full health and kill you.

A suggestion to add is do something for shield such as a base amount X by level.

Serancha
01-03-2015, 12:20 AM
I'm really surprised there has not been a new mythic pet since this piece of junk. It's been over a year now, and there have been what? 3 arcane pets released in that time? What do mythic pets get? The same old stuff re-released in egg form until they are so devalued that it's obscene.

Kimpling
01-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Samael ----> Abaddon
Singe------> Scorch
Glacian ----> Slag
HJ ---------> Ripmaw
Whim ------> ??
SnS --------> ??
Nekro ------> ??
Nightsade--> ??

Sts still confuse about what colour they will be (re-colouring arcane pet)

Appeltjes
01-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Samael ----> Abaddon
Singe------> Scorch
Glacian ----> Slag
HJ ---------> Ripmaw
Whim ------> ??
SnS --------> ??
Nekro ------> ??
Nightsade--> ??

Sts still confuse about what colour they will be (re-colouring arcane pet)

Nighsthade is legendary, mythic whimm version is needed though.

nevercan
01-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Arcane versoin of grim aswel :)

Vaeriu
01-04-2015, 02:37 AM

Sounds good...

8K dmg is insane, shouldn't we do something like a formula for the dmg absorption so it scales with every level? The 60% dmg reduction seems insane too but ok...it might work.

Wait, please tell me you mean something like +100 Hp and Mana regen every second for 5 seconds because if you mean a full restoration of hp and mana that would be insane.

My two cents, maybe something closer to the lines of [Character's Primary Stat x 10] or [Character's Level x 50] for the dmg absorption would be feasible. Or maybe applying the Mage Arcane Shield formula would be possible too (but rogues will be....yea)

Serancha
01-04-2015, 03:41 AM

Nightshade is Arcane, they just called it legendary so it wouldn't be a PR nightmare.

SacredKnight
01-04-2015, 04:55 AM
Sounds good...

8K dmg is insane, shouldn't we do something like a formula for the dmg absorption so it scales with every level? The 60% dmg reduction seems insane too but ok...it might work.

Wait, please tell me you mean something like +100 Hp and Mana regen every second for 5 seconds because if you mean a full restoration of hp and mana that would be insane.

My two cents, maybe something closer to the lines of [Character's Primary Stat x 10] or [Character's Level x 50] for the dmg absorption would be feasible. Or maybe applying the Mage Arcane Shield formula would be possible too (but rogues will be....yea)

When I say +100% Mana and HP regen I mean that the regeneration rates are effectively doubled.

8k DMG scaled to the level ofc. Reduced by 66% in PvP ;)

Possibly however the Scorch buff could entail the first class oriented AA to a pet? E.g. Rogues affected get this, mages get this, warriors etc.

Vaeriu
01-04-2015, 06:38 AM
When I say +100% Mana and HP regen I mean that the regeneration rates are effectively doubled.

8k DMG scaled to the level ofc. Reduced by 66% in PvP ;)

Possibly however the Scorch buff could entail the first class oriented AA to a pet? E.g. Rogues affected get this, mages get this, warriors etc.

Oh...doubling the regen rates sounds good but isn't that practically useless considering how low the base regeneration rates are?
Ohh the scaling should be fine then :)
The last point is brilliant imo, STS should try implementing pet abilities like that :D
Some pet buffs are practically obsolete for some classes like crit for warriors. Maybe the AA of some pets (or all) could be better fit to serve each class well?
But that'll destroy the purpose of the diversity of pets so it probably shouldn't be implemented in all pets lol xD
Maybe warriors get a small dmg reduction, rogues get extra crit coz you know, when you have cover you can aim with more proficiency :P and mages get crit too? Idk
Been away for over a few months so I'm kinda behind on updates @_@

UndeadJudge
01-04-2015, 08:40 PM

But Mage is a pet.

Vaeriu
01-05-2015, 07:32 AM
But Mage is a pet.

Lmao haha

SacredKnight
01-13-2015, 09:17 PM
So expected new pet that's a Genie. Can he grant us three wishes for Scorches buff?

Earlingstad
01-25-2015, 06:06 AM
I want to use scorch but its shield is so bad.. :(

I wish Scorch was buffed with atleast 200 hp or +20 to all stats in happiness bonus instead of only 20 primary stats to make up for the bad shield.

Yushel Angel
01-28-2015, 12:18 AM
Agree😚

jaokajede
01-30-2015, 09:52 AM
scorch so weak for its price

Zeus
01-30-2015, 10:06 AM

*For the AA I suggest a shield that absorbs 8k DMG or lasting for 9 Seconds, then afterwards initiate a 60% DMG Reduction buff for 3.5-5 Seconds depending on level.

However, Scorch could alternatively have a 7k DMG Absorb and +100% Regen of Mana and HP (For AA), as well as 40% DMG Reduction Buff. * - ideas

These are insane buffs considering it's a mythic pet.

Zeus
01-30-2015, 10:45 AM
If you want developers to take you seriously, consider revising suggested buffs to something far more reasonable.

twoxc
01-30-2015, 11:03 AM
I JUST DIED...........

from laughing. xD

nevercan
01-30-2015, 11:23 AM
I JUST DIED...........

from laughing. xDoh lol, are you superman? You die and you live again

Chewycherry
01-30-2015, 02:16 PM
I JUST DIED...........

from laughing. xD

Dont die Twoc lols :>

SacredKnight
01-30-2015, 04:00 PM
If you want developers to take you seriously, consider revising suggested buffs to something far more reasonable.

I am not saying that those are the buffs I am looking for, more so just inserting ideas to spark more appropriate buffs for him. But if I were to suggest something plausible I would say that he receive:

11% DMG bonus
AA "Dragon Scales" absorbs 4150 and applies 40% Armour reduction buff for 7 seconds. Absorbing ability and % of reduction scaled to level.

But in another note I do not understand what you mean by "want developers to take you seriously", even though my previous "buff" statement might have been a bit far fetched it is not like I am joking around saying he should become an Arcane Deary! In all honesty I trust the developers to, if they actually do that is, buff Scorch appropriately and in their suiting. I apologise if there has been some confusion in my wording.

Zeus
01-30-2015, 04:11 PM
I am not saying that those are the buffs I am looking for, more so just inserting ideas to spark more appropriate buffs for him. But if I were to suggest something plausible I would say that he receive:

11% DMG bonus
AA "Dragon Scales" absorbs 4150 and applies 40% Armour reduction buff for 7 seconds. Absorbing ability and % of reduction scaled to level.

But in another note I do not understand what you mean by "want developers to take you seriously", even though my previous "buff" statement might have been a bit far fetched it is not like I am joking around saying he should become an Arcane Deary! In all honesty I trust the developers to, if they actually do that is, buff Scorch appropriately and in their suiting. I apologise if there has been some confusion in my wording.

Armor reduction buff? What do you mean by that.

Scorch and Nekro have a built in 50% dmg reduction that occurs the second shield goes up. Absorption is the number that shield absorbed after taking a hit, running it through existing armor values, damage reduction values, and finally, scorch/Nekro dmg reduction (50%). Then, this is subtracted from max absorption. When max absorption is hit, shield breaks.

So, keeping in mind that logic, your suggested buffs are over the chart OP. 4150 absorption damage would translate to ~10k damage in real world & that's why many are scoffing at it. Those that aren't do not understand how Scorch and Nekro shield work (yes, I own both).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

DalleManden
02-03-2015, 03:06 PM
I agree, I payed 250 plat for this pet and it could use a slight buff.
or a refund would be nice too :D

Squeezable
02-11-2015, 09:15 AM
Ahahah

Sagely
02-22-2015, 02:49 PM
scorch deserves to do more for 250 plat otherwise he is overpriced:suspicion:

Deluxeq
02-22-2015, 05:22 PM
To be Completely Honest.. I got this pet thinking it would be beast for rogue... but even though it is, i still find something missing from it. Its a mythic pet and yet does not reach the level of all the other mythic pets. All other mythic pets add something useful for each class but this pet just adds Speed and crit. The Speed and Crit isnt really that useful in pve but can make a huge difference in pvp. Other than that The AA seems a bit weak to me. Nekro is a great pet! I just wish Scorch was a bit like Nekro... Like not wicked op and strong but just under that.