PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Sheugokin
12-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Planning to go to 66 to try it out with the Islander set b/c never got the angel set. 35 seems fun so I wanna switch it up a little and try some of the other twink levels. Which is better 35 or 66?

If 35, is 66 worth a shot?

How much is the set for 66?

What is the community like?

Thanks!

Rodder
12-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Sheu talk to me ig we can level together.

Lexlyde
12-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Go 35 if u dont like go 66.
I cant talk about 35 but 66 is a lot of kite, and range knowledge, you gotta know when to charge the oponent. I love 66 mage even if idk use it.

GiveMeWings
12-07-2014, 01:26 PM
35 is nice lotta good ppl

Epw
12-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Planning to go to 66 to try it out with the Islander set b/c never got the angel set. 35 seems fun so I wanna switch it up a little and try some of the other twink levels. Which is better 35 or 66?

Thanks!
Ive lvld my mage from 35 to 40 cuz of the rushers. I dont think that i was pro on 35 mage, but i did well. Then the 40 mages just appeared (most of them are those 35s whom lvld to 40 cuz they got rekt vs another 35s) and started to rush almost in every game. Idk, maybe im just too nab to handle them, but imo 35 isnt as fun as it used to be before..

Answering your question; id try 66. You dont really have to afraid of being rushed by 71s, cuz the community seems like much more "adult" than the lower lvls (ofc there are a few exceptions). If i were u, id also give a chance to 71, its almost the same as 66. Personally im having fun at 71.
And ofc bears are kinda op but they arent that hard to beat. All they do is hellbaconstomp and spamming slashes till u stay stunned and die.

Im not sure about the 66 islanders prices, but i saw the 66 humanian sword set in cs for like 900k (so i guess its around 700k or somewhere there). As ive heard the islanders set is a bit rare, but its aint that expensive (??? dunno rly).

Sorry for any grammar & explanation mistakes. I hope i helped you a bit to make ur decision. :)

GiveMeWings
12-07-2014, 01:45 PM
thatīs the problem of 35 at first u are rushed but once u show u r good they dont rush u ever i agree with epw

Sheugokin
12-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

GiveMeWings
12-07-2014, 01:49 PM
BTW if u need some help with 35 mage tell to me

Sheugokin
12-07-2014, 02:36 PM
BTW if u need some help with 35 mage tell to me

I think I got the hang of it. 2:1 KDR

GiveMeWings
12-07-2014, 03:18 PM
ign?:O

KingFu
12-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Both are terrible levels.

Epw
12-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Both are terrible levels.
Imo lvl 15 should be called terrible, where the only thing takes skill is trash talking with high ego. But its just a point of view :)

Ssneakykills
12-07-2014, 04:16 PM
66 is alright and imo the community is just as bad as lower levels

iRandom
12-07-2014, 04:24 PM
lul the islander is set is around 1.5 - 2 mil

Somemager
12-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Imo lvl 15 should be called terrible, where the only thing takes skill is trash talking with high ego. But its just a point of view :)

Shadow towne everyday a group of 15s pile up like hoodlums and just talk trash to each other with crazy kds which i believe were probably from there mass rushing of newbs rather then pros.

AppleNoob
12-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Shadow towne everyday a group of 15s pile up like hoodlums and just talk trash to each other with crazy kds which i believe were probably from there mass rushing of newbs rather then pros.

There are plenty of 15s that have skill, fight and invertibrate for example.

Burstnuke
12-07-2014, 05:36 PM

Your only saying that because thats your main pvp lvl. 15 is all trash talkin ego filled people lol for sure. Plus its boring as hell. 3-5 skills Pls.

tarlan
12-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Your only saying that because thats your main pvp lvl. 15 is all trash talkin ego filled people lol for sure. Plus its boring as hell. 3-5 skills Pls.

Yah tried it a couple of months ago, and that's pretty accurate go back to 2011 and it was pretty fun

Trenton
12-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Not our fault L15 basically sucks

Somemager
12-07-2014, 07:25 PM
the Hate on L15 is real

says a 17 rhino ;)

AppleNoob
12-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Not our fault L15 basically sucks

Not our fault that endgamers can't 15.

Trenton
12-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Too bad I'm not an endgamer.

KingFu
12-07-2014, 09:47 PM

Pls quit forums.

Burstnuke
12-07-2014, 10:31 PM

Is it because you can't handle 12 skills? Tears :rolleyes:

bearuang
12-07-2014, 11:01 PM
if u meant as mage go 35 and create 45 , you will be fine

DivineMoustache
12-07-2014, 11:12 PM
35 mage is extremely fun for me

DivineMoustache
12-07-2014, 11:51 PM
wow, after reading through this thread, i have become truly butt hurt, since my primary form of enjoyment in this game is low level bear -- specifically level 15, so i feel an urgency to defend my pastime.

the first comment i remember was Somemager's about constant bickering around shadow towne. ill be the first to acknowledge that smack talk does occur in shadow towne, but half of the time, its feigned. its like two friends trying to roast on each other for entertainment. on the occasion that its actual trash talk, i feel like its an extreme "endgamer bias" to assume that those people reflect on the low level community as a whole.
Comparing those people and applying that stereotype to the whole community would be like me only taking into account the Apex vs Family feud and ensuing smack talk, and thinking that reflects on endgame as a whole. do i think all endgamers hold silly grudges and continue to talk trash over a guild title? of course not, but it appears that some others are quick to assume that all low level pvpers are egotistical smack talkers from those who talk smack in towne.

the second comment i normally see when people are railing against level 15 is the lack of skills available for use. i feel like just because there are less skills for use doesnt mean a lower skill level is required to play it. first of all, lets all acknowledge that this game is simple on the whole. not much actual skill is required to play PL pvp besides the knowledge of skill, and the ability to counter certain combos, also movement.

The only thing a small amount of skills takes away from that is the capability to counter combos, as that is generally the same across the board. however, with a decreased emphasis on combo order and countering comes an increased emphasis on range and movement, something that isnt as important at higher levels. for example, i could know my firestorm range of 12m to the T, but it still wouldnt matter if i missed or got dodged every time by a bear/bird/str based character. another thing i find unique to low lvel is the juking. Juking and countering the juke is arguably the hardest thing in the game besides using an off-class (like int fox) but that tactic is almost non existent at high level because it doesnt pay off. the high regen and dodge negates any advantage gained from a quick backwards movement to make the opponent miss a vital skill, because the longer you move backwards, the more the enemy gains HP, as well as the increased risk of having the enemy dodge your skill anyway.

anyway...i had more thoughts but its late at night. yolo. just had to reassure myself that im really not playing as crappy a level as people think.

KingFu
12-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Comparing those people and applying that stereotype to the whole community would be like me only taking into account the Apex vs Family feud and ensuing smack talk, and thinking that reflects on endgame as a whole.

It did.

i feel like just because there are less skills for use doesnt mean a lower skill level is required to play it.

It does.

not much actual skill is required to play PL pvp

And even less is required at level 15.

Juking and countering the juke is arguably the hardest thing in the game

No.

Burstnuke
12-08-2014, 12:43 AM
wow, after reading through this thread, i have become truly butt hurt, since my primary form of enjoyment in this game is low level bear -- specifically level 15, so i feel an urgency to defend my pastime.

the first comment i remember was Somemager's about constant bickering around shadow towne. ill be the first to acknowledge that smack talk does occur in shadow towne, but half of the time, its feigned. its like two friends trying to roast on each other for entertainment. on the occasion that its actual trash talk, i feel like its an extreme "endgamer bias" to assume that those people reflect on the low level community as a whole.
Comparing those people and applying that stereotype to the whole community would be like me only taking into account the Apex vs Family feud and ensuing smack talk, and thinking that reflects on endgame as a whole. do i think all endgamers hold silly grudges and continue to talk trash over a guild title? of course not, but it appears that some others are quick to assume that all low level pvpers are egotistical smack talkers from those who talk smack in towne.

the second comment i normally see when people are railing against level 15 is the lack of skills available for use. i feel like just because there are less skills for use doesnt mean a lower skill level is required to play it. first of all, lets all acknowledge that this game is simple on the whole. not much actual skill is required to play PL pvp besides the knowledge of skill, and the ability to counter certain combos, also movement.

The only thing a small amount of skills takes away from that is the capability to counter combos, as that is generally the same across the board. however, with a decreased emphasis on combo order and countering comes an increased emphasis on range and movement, something that isnt as important at higher levels. for example, i could know my firestorm range of 12m to the T, but it still wouldnt matter if i missed or got dodged every time by a bear/bird/str based character. another thing i find unique to low lvel is the juking. Juking and countering the juke is arguably the hardest thing in the game besides using an off-class (like int fox) but that tactic is almost non existent at high level because it doesnt pay off. the high regen and dodge negates any advantage gained from a quick backwards movement to make the opponent miss a vital skill, because the longer you move backwards, the more the enemy gains HP, as well as the increased risk of having the enemy dodge your skill anyway.

anyway...i had more thoughts but its late at night. yolo. just had to reassure myself that im really not playing as crappy a level as people think.

What i underlined and bolded.

AppleNoob
12-08-2014, 01:15 AM

How comes you can't handle lack of dodge? :banana:

Lexlyde
12-08-2014, 02:49 AM

Burstnuke plays and master int mage class, since when pure int mage rely on dodge?

Ssneakykills
12-08-2014, 04:14 AM

How come you can't handle more than 5 skills?

Laar
12-08-2014, 04:20 AM
rofl

Supershopper
12-08-2014, 04:53 AM

Thanks!

Lvl up to 61... or 71.

Sheugokin
12-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Lvl up to 61... or 71.

71 too expensive for me to handle :(

Poor af!!!!!!!

And don't feel like selling my stuff.

@Everyone else on this thread who are not contributing to my question- Please keep all posts on thread topic. Thanks :)

KingFu
12-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Lvl up to 61... or 71.

71 is hands down the worst PvP level out there. It's 90% bears 10% pallies playing like a mini-Family.

Burstnuke
12-08-2014, 05:16 PM

I play int mage btw. Looks like you can't handle 12 skills because your excuse is dodge. Crai pls :rolleyes: And i played Lower lvls alot before forg, hallo poop, and plat packs came.

Burstnuke
12-08-2014, 05:17 PM
71 is hands down the worst PvP level out there. It's 90% bears 10% pallies playing like a mini-Family.

Yep, 71 might be more horrible then 15. Might! Although i think its fun to troll at 71 with molten bear and make all the beastly bears rage.

XghostzX
12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
@Divinemoustache - I'd also like to suggest that in addition to knowing how to counter combos (especially at a low level), another piece of skill is manipulating your stats to the nearest 1 point because that's all it takes at those levels to have an upper edge on someone. I'm used to end game, so I just throw all of my points into one attribute and don't have to worry too much about skill point allocation.

You have to be smart in lower levels for sure. The bears that have a high KD ratio simply have a good build - and, of course, have the necessary skill.

Endgame isn't build-directed, rather it's having the right gear and using all of your skills effectively (along with movement).

So honestly, for low level twinking vs. endgame, it can be argued that low level twinking requires more skill. Now, that doesn't mean it's necessarily fun - I don't get any enjoyment out of tweaking one or two skill points and using 3-4 skills. Some people like that simplicity, I get it.

bearuang
12-09-2014, 08:27 AM

LOL

bearuang
12-09-2014, 08:31 AM

he is mini joepally with mini family guild

Frioadr
12-09-2014, 08:50 PM

Thanks!

I'm there and I love you Sheu babe.
-Degraded