PDA

View Full Version : True open and persistent world?

Tree Dude
02-13-2011, 12:40 AM
So according to the unofficial FAQ thread this game has a persistent world. Does this mean there are no separate zones or there are but there is only one instance per server? Is this going to affect the hardware requirements or will this game have more scaling options than PL?

My phone runs PL but I get slowdowns in dense towns and when a ton of effects are going off. I hope I can play this as I am not due to upgrade for a while.

Zandog
02-13-2011, 09:36 AM
On all questions and concerns, no offense but I truly hope it requires the current and next generation mobile devices. In order to buffer and perform in a persistent world, it's going to take the current specs you see out there. The iPhone 4 and soon to be announced/released iPhone 5, along with the dual core android devices should allow them to maintain that kind of consistency in an MMO. The real question becomes, how open is an open world on a mobile device? I see this happening much like PL, where towns and dungeons, while persistent with travelers, is still corridor. PL has the character and item depths. Where it lacks is npc and realm variety. But my hopes are that you'll have to shell out for current and future hardware for this game. At the very most, make it scalable for 1ghz and above devices. We're at a point where the software needs to keep up with the technology. Something we don't see in the PC and console market. If this is going to be the next "big" thing, they need to develop it take advantage of what's available when the game hits the market.

Boten Anna
02-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah honestly I hope my Nexus One chugs on it a bit. Push it to the limit :D

Duke
02-14-2011, 11:05 AM
To be honest, I hope it's playable on my iPhone 3GS. Although I will admit to seeing some problems in PL when there are a lot of effects going off and I have other apps recently used and still taking up "multitasking" resources. (Rebooting the phone clears this up, but it would be nice if iOS had the capability to manually "flush" that cache...)

DarkMio
02-16-2011, 11:36 AM
To be honest, I hope it's playable on my iPhone 3GS. Although I will admit to seeing some problems in PL when there are a lot of effects going off and I have other apps recently used and still taking up "multitasking" resources. (Rebooting the phone clears this up, but it would be nice if iOS had the capability to manually "flush" that cache...)

With root/jailbreak you can surely clean the cache. :) It is an Unix under this phone. If you can get an terminalextensions try this:
$ su
# ps aux
# kill -9 <PID>
:) And flush everything you wanna to outta your cache. :)

On Android, only kill all unneccesary processes and be happy. :D

chukie
10-29-2012, 03:34 PM
hehe :)