PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Immense Stat Debuffs in PvP Zones.

Madnex
12-08-2014, 06:52 PM
This has been mentioned previously in another topic (original topic (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?157892), check it out for more info) but since I had taken a break from PvP and recently returned, there's some alarming issue that must be brought up, again. Yes, it's the way the game prioritizes debuffs over buffs and proceeds in completely nullifying the buffs' effects and then applying the debuff over them. There have been several client build updates ever since, yet this issue has not been addressed - it got straight up ignored along with many other small issues; the difference is, it is not a small issue.

This makes multiple skills and pets much weaker than they should be and certain others much more powerful than intended. Primarily, this is worse for the Rogue class that has a permanent 10% damage debuff in both PvP zones. What does that mean, you ask? It means that any and almost all pets, items and skills that offer a damage bonus are simply useless inside PvP.

For example, let's take Samael and Glacian, both arcane rarity pets released around the same time:

Outside PvP:

Price
Dmg
Crit
HP
MP

Samael
20m
10%
12%

Glacian
5m
---
10%

Inside PvP:

Price
Dmg
Crit
HP
MP

Samael
20m
---
12%

Glacian
5m
---
10%

(The comparison is focusing on their Happiness Bonus; yes, Arcane Ability and passive do affect prices but apart from extreme cases, HB is the main essence of a pet's usefulness. The prices have recently climbed down from 30m for Samael and 7.5-8m for Glacian.)

Quadruple the price for such a small statistical difference?

Yes, it's ~70% panic on AA, 5% panic on passive and largest HP/MP regen in game against 10% armor, MP regain and 15 INT, 12 DEX, 12 STR and root effect on passive. But then again, the main aspect of the pet which is what it was advertized with, is the damage % buff. Which is simply not there. And that's an issue that affects 2/3rds of the player base.

Then there are skills that are plain useless at this point, like Shadow Veil. Oh, poor Shadow Veil. Its efficiency in PvP is almost matching Entangling Traps!

Let's take a closer look on what good it is:

Lower hit% of enemies inside: Useless, hit% does not affect players.
Lower damage% of enemies inside: Useless, even against other classes it doesn't work (probably glitched).
Higher armor% of allies inside: Useless, with so many Aimed Shots flying around and pets having armor debuffs on passive.
Higher damage% for allies inside: Useless by default for Rogues, only assists the other two classes and is again discarded by any damage debuff.

Other skills that have their effects altered by this issue:

Curse
Axe Throw
Rally Cry
Aimed Shot

Basically this goes for any % buff apart from the critical rate one. Damage buff? Speed buff? Armor buff? All affected, all weakened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point, a rogue with 700 damage enters PvP to find out that somehow, that is now reduced to 560 - that's a debuff of the class of 20%, which is double the intended nerf! If you want to adjust PvP scalars to achieve better class balance that is fair and understood but devaluing high rarity items that people worked hard for and spent a ton on is plainly unacceptable.

Any questions/opinions/remarks are welcome. Thanks for reading.

Kingofninjas
12-08-2014, 07:09 PM
I believe the para gem gives a 5.5 dmg buff not dmg % so it does help in pvp.

Raregem
12-08-2014, 08:29 PM
It's been long enough now that they could have fixed the issue.

Countless times we've heard that the focus is on pve and that's why we don't see improvements to PvP. I think they fail to realize that PvP is just as important. Ready for some fixes as well.

Caabatric
12-08-2014, 08:45 PM
I totally agree to fix this issue but im a bit scared to see a full fledged rogue come into pvp cause already they can do very well

Madnex
12-08-2014, 09:34 PM
I believe it gives a 5.5 dmg buff not dmg % so it does help in pvp.
Yes indeed, I went back, checked and corrected that point. It did appear as if a pure supergemmed DEX bow was giving higher damage but I assume it was related to another issue (incorrect damage display values when swapping paragemmed items inside the same zone).

Madnex
12-08-2014, 09:41 PM
I totally agree to fix this issue but im a bit scared to see a full fledged rogue come into pvp cause already they can do very well
Sure but that is a different topic! Once things start work normally then we can discuss about how large of a damage nerf Rogues need to not-obliterate everything in PvP. Just fix it first, that's all.

Instanthumor
12-08-2014, 10:14 PM
May I ask.. How is Curse affected?

Madnex
12-08-2014, 10:27 PM
May I ask.. How is Curse affected?
If you get curse'd by another mage and you're using say, Samael, your damage will be debuffed by 20%. Also, the damage debuff doesn't work on rogues since they're already debuffed 10% and those don't stack (one more reason to not use it in vs). But on the other hand, it'd wreck a warrior's VB 25% damage buff - canceling it then applying 10% debuff (total of -35% from his buffed state).

See how this affects every class?

Visiting
12-09-2014, 12:03 AM
What I've gleaned from this - Madnab is back in PVP, time to get easy kills :)
PS: Nice work, Nub

Instanthumor
12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
And lol@12% crit

Madnex
12-09-2014, 01:22 AM
And lol@12% crit
You'd think they would lower it to 10% as per description instead of adding one more reason for a four seasons old pet to remain on top. Oh well.