PDA

View Full Version : Restoring the elites- And another message to everyone

obee
12-08-2014, 08:38 PM
As you guys know, planar tombs came out about a month ago. People are still running tindirin for the dragkin teeth, but that seems about it. Elite farming is dead. I haven't seen someone with a magma totem or a magma claymore in ages. No one seems to want to buy it. STS I think you should maybe add some stuff to elite in 2015, when people might be a little less occupied by planar tombs. These events and stuff won't hold us up, because the game just gets boring when they end. Planar tombs hasnt bored me yet, but STS, don't expect people to still enjoy the way they did in the next 2-3 months. Please increase the stats of this new armor. Some winter gear is better than it, and what's the point of spending 10 million gold for some gear that is barely better than what everyone else has. People keep complaining about the difference between rich gear and poor gear, when it can be easily solved by farming or adding new stuff to elites. STS has done that.
I think as a community, we are ungrateful of the developers and moderators. You won't find it often that a moderator or a developer will have a conversation with you in other MMOS. Or that in other MMOS, the community is more detached and unsocial. These guys devote their time to making the game better. This isn't a hobby guys, it's their job. Their job that helps pay for the bills. They are human to. They helped us through the disconnect issues, and they listened to us when the game was under scrutiny.
So I want you guys to be grateful for they have done, because they have done an exceptional job.

Ebezaanec
12-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Elites are dead because there is nothing truly worth farming for (that is income > expense). Farming is also dead, since one-shot bosses are replacing strategical boss fights.

Players are just living event by event. Planar tombs/arena are the new Elites (technically makes sense, since this is Season 7).

xutreuqux
12-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Ya i know sts has to pay the bills but pls be creative.. dont add more elite gear and harder boss for update... make mid lvl legendary gear to be farmed by average player in elites... u can still get income from ppl buyin ankh or pots... and makes this game more enjoyable

Energizeric
12-08-2014, 10:06 PM
The problem with PvE is the lack of farming for twink gear. Everything that is good for twinks is now stuff from events or locked crates. Can you name an item that is good for twinks that you can farm for? I can't.

Pocket Legends always had a healthy PvE game, mainly because most people spent their time not farming end game, but instead farming rare gear from popular twink levels. Yes, there was the occasional event gear, but usually it was only weapons. The best "sets" (having matching armor, helm, shield, weapon all together gave you a set bonus) were all farmed items, and anyone could go farm for them, even twinks from that level.

Problem now in AL is that any decent elite gear that did drop for lower levels is now discontinued and the elite dungeons from that level have since been scaled up. And since they don't scale to the same level as the new dungeons (i.e. brackenridge scales to level 25, not 26), the gear is not really good for any level PvP. So it's a waste except for farming eggs. And unfortunately, because the best pets are arcane & mythic, and those are all from locked crates or plat purchased, there is no way to loot a pricey egg anymore like in season 1/2 where you could loot a Malison Egg worth 1m. Now the best eggs you can loot are worth considerably less.

Just as STS has recently introduced a farmed mythic amulet, and rare armor/helm sets that can be farmed for, maybe it is time to have a new arcane pet that can be farmed for. Make it super rare, but it would give people something to try for.

People have complained recently about how rare the mythic amulet recipe is -- it is a mythic item which should not be quite as rare as it has become. But if there was an arcane item that could be farmed and was that rare, I think people would be ok with it as they would expect it to be worth 30m+.

Madnex
12-08-2014, 11:27 PM
The farmable arcane pet is already there. Yet no sane person is running arena for fossil anymore. Why? Because Vials and Fossil are still in the abyss of Neverdropland. So no, we don't need another farmable arcane pet. We need changes on how things work; we need to replace some of all this randomness with hard work. Set the Vials craftable with 50 planar essences for example. Throw in a triple odds Master chest every 50 runs. The planar fragments were a good step towards that goal of less luck - more work; bringing back grinding with small but guaranteed rewards would allow people to set achievable goals. That'd give a lot more people the incentive to keep farming instead of running halfheartedly and giving up eventually.

Energizeric
12-09-2014, 04:29 AM
I agree.

Enterradora
12-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Never saw before a MMORPG whit that quantity of bugs, also spending A LOT of money who they earn.

Also test server? they need a departament who test the updated before when live. They using us to get the information about how to make it ( drops/difficult/etc... ) whit only one purpouse, make it playable because none leave game and spend their money on game.

And i played a lot of that kind of games.

obee
12-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Never saw before a MMORPG whit that quantity of bugs, also spending A LOT of money who they earn.

Also test server? they need a departament who test the updated before when live. They using us to get the information about how to make it ( drops/difficult/etc... ) whit only one purpouse, make it playable because none leave game and spend their money on game.

And i played a lot of that kind of games.
I forgot to note that. You're absolutely right on that. The spending problem is the most annoying thing in this game.

Pirate Captain
12-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Ancient Druid/Living Spirit made all other twink armor/helms trash

Kakashis
12-09-2014, 08:39 AM
The skill factor has left elites for good. Anyone can 5 ank finish off a boss now. No different than attacking a boss with your bank!

The one hits are really too much. I see players with Arcane ring and amulet get one hit. What chance is there for players with legendary gears?

At least with with the harder tindirin maps it was possible to develop a strategy so that you don't die. Now a days there's vines, rocks, insane hp bosses, and everything one hits lol

Xorrior
12-09-2014, 10:50 AM
The farmable arcane pet is already there. Yet no sane person is running arena for fossil anymore. Why? Because Vials and Fossil are still in the abyss of Neverdropland. So no, we don't need another farmable arcane pet. We need changes on how things work; we need to replace some of all this randomness with hard work. Set the Vials craftable with 50 planar essences for example. Throw in a triple odds Master chest every 50 runs. The planar fragments were a good step towards that goal of less luck - more work; bringing back grinding with small but guaranteed rewards would allow people to set achievable goals. That'd give a lot more people the incentive to keep farming instead of running halfheartedly and giving up eventually.

^^ Solution.
Also please, when you make quests like Nekro, mythic pendant, please don't tell us to farm for a specific item and then you guys make it so it never drops! That's going a bit too far and taking your player base for a ride.

justhell
12-09-2014, 12:04 PM
I would add reason why elite map dead coz STS too fast released set gear,if I'm not wrong they already released 4 or 5 set gear this year. Which is main reason why an item can't maintain their price in market long enough.

Why not just released 2 set (1 elite gear set and 1 event gear set) every year,maybe January released helm and armor,April amulet and ring,July for weapon. And do the same for event but maybe weapon at the begining.