PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a contest. Community Pick!

NotYoCookiez
12-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Hello All,

Im hosting a PvP tourney and going to make another one soon, but I want to host a contest open to everyone and not just PvPers.

The contest will be posted on forums but I want you guys to pick what you want to be hosted.

Things to Consider:

Must not be "rich ppl can only win" or equivalent. I want everyone to have a fair chance.
Non PvP related
Holiday Themed would be nice
Not to hard to enter. I want people to enter but not go through tough things like making a video and posting it.

this is just brain storming, I will probably post the actually contest in a week or 2 or when winter fest is released. Thanks!

btw im using a gold cap as the prize between 1st, 2nd and 3rd so it will be worth it!

Hook
12-08-2014, 09:02 PM
A Christmas Card design contest. Must be Pocket Legends themed with Christmas elements. Much like the contest released by the Mods last year for Halloween.

GreenLord
12-08-2014, 09:15 PM
contest for the best christmas story! With PL elements of course.

Calvinku12345
12-08-2014, 09:19 PM
How do you post a thread?

GreenLord
12-08-2014, 09:22 PM
How do you post a thread?

When you are in the list of threads after clicking a topic, on the upper left corner there should be a button that says "Create a thread" click that and type in title, and fill down what u gotta say in the text.

Calvinku12345
12-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Kk thx

Calvinku12345
12-08-2014, 09:24 PM
When you are in the list of threads after clicking a topic, on the upper left corner there should be a button that says "Create a thread" click that and type in title, and fill down what u gotta say in the text.

Kk thx

GreenLord
12-08-2014, 09:28 PM
hey I am selling demonic mace set level 60 for 6.8m first come first serve!!!! Add Godoe l.61 bird/hobbled l.61 Mage!!

You might wanna put that in PL trader's market section...

Calvinku12345
Wait how do you create a new message for everyone to see?

Calvinku12345
How do you do that

Schnitzel
12-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Wait how do you create a new message for everyone to see?

Hi Calvinku12345,
Read this guide: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173370-New-To-Forums-Not-Sure-How-To-Do-Something-Read-This-Guide!
For (nearly, because its still a work in progress) everything about how to do something/what something is on this Forum.

Calvinku12345
12-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Omg I know you lol

Trenton
12-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Either, like Occult said, a Christmas card decoration contest, or there's this thing that the devs do for AL (ya sorry) that has this:

You must wear certain items OR twin someone IN FRONT OF an object of your choosing. This goes on for x number of days, and everyone who does each day properly is put into a drawing for the prize. When the Christmas event starts, there are certain things around Alterra that are Christmasy, and they can be used for the screenshots.

Example-

DAY 1: TAKE A PICTURE NEXT TO THIS *insert pic here, but zoomed in so they have to find it* WEARING THIS *name an item or two* TWINNING SOMEONE *if you decide there must be twins*

This could go on for 7 days, and everytime someone does a day correctly, you add their name once again into the drawing. If I'm not explaining this correctly I can try tomorrow a different way or you can look at some examples. :) Good luck with the contests!

EDIT: Here's a link to an AL one, and obviously you don't have to take the exact idea, you can mix it up some, but this might help more than my explanation.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=162060

NotYoCookiez
12-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Omg I know you lol

hobble you narb XD

A Christmas Card design contest. Must be Pocket Legends themed with Christmas elements. Much like the contest released by the Mods last year for Halloween.

sounds fun but would this be handwritten or on computer? I think this might limits entries because not everyone has computer programs or art skills.

Either, like Occult said, a Christmas card decoration contest, or there's this thing that the devs do for AL (ya sorry) that has this:

You must wear certain items OR twin someone IN FRONT OF an object of your choosing. This goes on for x number of days, and everyone who does each day properly is put into a drawing for the prize. When the Christmas event starts, there are certain things around Alterra that are Christmasy, and they can be used for the screenshots.

Example-

DAY 1: TAKE A PICTURE NEXT TO THIS *insert pic here, but zoomed in so they have to find it* WEARING THIS *name an item or two* TWINNING SOMEONE *if you decide there must be twins*

This could go on for 7 days, and everytime someone does a day correctly, you add their name once again into the drawing. If I'm not explaining this correctly I can try tomorrow a different way or you can look at some examples. :) Good luck with the contests!

EDIT: Here's a link to an AL one, and obviously you don't have to take the exact idea, you can mix it up some, but this might help more than my explanation.

there is no link. Sounds pretty cool but drawing? So its kinda like a raffle?

urban
12-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Do et the old contest way, who ever make bes pl cake wins o:< lal

Trenton
12-08-2014, 11:22 PM
hobble you narb XD

sounds fun but would this be handwritten or on computer? I think this might limits entries because not everyone has computer programs or art skills.

My bad, I'll edit in a sec

And yes, but the tickets for the raffle are free, you just have to do little mini quests :o Maybe not what you're looking for, I just thought it'd be sort of a non-judgemental contest. I've been in a few player made contests that I was in the loop with, and they were rigged, I know you can rig this but I know you wouldn't. :p

Hook
12-08-2014, 11:27 PM
hobble you narb XD

All of the above. It does limit entries but it's not too hard.

Every contest will host some sort of limit for each individual differently, according to creativity.

If you want a zero free unbalanced contest, your best bet would be doing a lottery type of giveaway.

Much like Trenton said, a "raffle". Equal chance for everyone but hardly any effort put on.

If you need any help with a banner for the giveaway, or contest, P.M me.

Calvinku12345
12-08-2014, 11:41 PM

Every contest will host some sort of limit for each individual differently, according to creativity.

If you want a zero free unbalanced contest, your best bet would be doing a lottery type of giveaway.

Much like Trenton said, a "raffle". Equal chance for everyone but hardly any effort put on.

Lol I ment how to create a whole new thread to sell a item haha...

ToastyLord
12-08-2014, 11:58 PM
I dunno, but maybe a PLish Christmasy-ish trivia? That way not only rich people, and everyone has a fair chance but not too much effort!

Maybe like X amount of trivia questions and whoever gets the most can get in 1st place then 2nd and 3rd? Just a thought

humblebear
12-09-2014, 12:13 AM
How about re-design emoji shield contest?
Hopefully STG may pick ones for their 5th-day-blessing collection!
(I am sick of the old collection).

Must be circle shape shield, same size but may be different color.
Handdrawn or computer-drawn are ok.
Themes can be PL or christmas or any, your choice.
Maximum 3 designs for each forum account.

What do you think?

NotYoCookiez
12-09-2014, 12:47 AM

True. But like i said this is up for discussion so im not completely shutting it out. It actually sounds pretty good now.

A banner would be great! But let's give this some time and then we can talk about it

LEVEL ONE
12-09-2014, 05:07 AM

Example-

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=162060

We had this in PL too last year: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?130891-Master-Thread-Pocket-Legends-Holiday-Raffle

for the lulz
12-09-2014, 05:38 AM
this idea is awesome , its been ages since we had a pvp tourney . Maybe sts cud take up this idea and reward teh winners with one of those skull shields

Bazinga!
12-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Trivia is kinda boring.
I don't think raffle is a good idea. It requires no work or effort, just luck.
I don't understand the concept of balanced competition. This means that everyone should have equal skills, which is only possible by lottery. Its called competition for a reason. People show their skills in competitions and the person with the best skill wins, right?
I would suggest a Winter Costume Challenge.
Reasons:
1. Everyone, if they play enough, would get enough money eventually to buy their items
2. People who dont yet have the means to win the competition are probably not on the forums or dont have enough experience to be interested
3. Everyone can participate

Also, r u saying that the difference between prizes is a gold cap? The u can do 1st place 10m, 2nd place 0 gold, 3rd place -10m. Then u wont lose any money :p

NotYoCookiez
12-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Trivia is kinda boring.
I don't think raffle is a good idea. It requires no work or effort, just luck.
I don't understand the concept of balanced competition. This means that everyone should have equal skills, which is only possible by lottery. Its called competition for a reason. People show their skills in competitions and the person with the best skill wins, right?
I would suggest a Winter Costume Challenge.
Reasons:
1. Everyone, if they play enough, would get enough money eventually to buy their items
2. People who dont yet have the means to win the competition are probably not on the forums or dont have enough experience to be interested
3. Everyone can participate

Also, r u saying that the difference between prizes is a gold cap? The u can do 1st place 10m, 2nd place 0 gold, 3rd place -10m. Then u wont lose any money :p

I understand not everything will be balanced. I just want something that everyone is ABLE to do. At least the majority.

I was thinking about that winter costume contest too cuz it fits that area. And no thats not gonna be the prize lol