PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on the Leaderboard Prizes

Titanium
12-09-2014, 04:32 PM
STS should think more about this. The leaderboard prize is a huge disappointment to me. 4 weeks to run for a vanity?
People already sacrificed 40m+hours from previous events for something that is worth the investment.

I'm adressing strictly to devs. It should be a pet or arcane shard. Let's face it. Sns is op and it should be brought back to ARLOR only because anyone deserves a chance to get it again! SnS is a huge success and a desired pet, it is/was in super high demand although I don't think there are more Shady and Surge eggs left in the game.

Yes, the event started already.. But it is a 4 weeks long event and I have an idea to make the prize a bit more worthy for the time and money we will spend + the actual gameplay instead of a vanity. You could make another tier called the Ultimate Tier and when you would reach like 200,000 points you will get another prize like SnS or a shard! The vanity will be won by the people who will be in the first 25! If this 4 weeks long event requires 2k kits per person it will cost 50m more or less

Pillowhead
12-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Pics/Links on the new Lb prices? Haven't seen them yet.

Älä'ã Ðärk Røsê
12-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Makes more sense. Definitely prizes should be worth working for.

Idly
12-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Exactly what Titanium said! Last event was a big fail in terms of a profitable prize for the lb winner's. Id say atleast 75% of runner's do so to make a profit, not spend 50-100+m or $400-$800 to lose out. I still feel very sore from the last event running 6-8hrs per day to lose 20m when I came to sell my 'Super exclusive awesome prize' I really like the idea of an arcane prize at a certain amount of points as it guarantees that efforts (and revenue to your company STS) will be rewarded.

I can't help but feel sorry for the people that just miss out on LB prizes and get eff all in return for their efforts and investment. If these events are here to stay they need a massive overhaul to make them profitable to all who put the effort in. If I could do the halloween event again id spend my 120k points farming para gems (30 gems @ 2-3m each) instead of aiming fpr the lb to lose gold.

mokdaddd
12-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Please recheck lb prizes and make it worth it for us, like its worth for u making us run 30day..

Majorlegion
12-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Lol is anyone holding a gun to your head to run the event? Or IS IS YOUR OWN CHOOSE TO RUN IT OR NOT?!!

Demonharphas
12-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm not trying to heat up things or anything but if you don't like the lb prices then don't run for them... No one is forcing you to spend all your gold :)

Kakashis
12-09-2014, 06:19 PM
what do the leaderboard vanities look like? do we know yet?

Titanium
12-09-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm not trying to heat up things or anything but if you don't like the lb prices then don't run for them... No one is forcing you to spend all your gold :)

Leaderboard prize is the only way where you can achieve more golds than anything that's "live" right now - but not with a vanity prize of 4 weeks of work.

Nobody forces/tells me to log-in frequently but with the chance to don't gain any golds I'm afraid I will "forget" to log-in .

Kakashis
12-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Honestly, the vanities have to look absolutely amazing to get people running this event for 4 weeks straight. That is by far the longest event and the most costly out of all of them as well. Doubt most of the items will sell other than a few eggs.

Laveen
12-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Lol is anyone holding a gun to your head to run the event? Or IS IS YOUR OWN CHOOSE TO RUN IT OR NOT?!!
We do it for the fun, but also for the benefits of running. Some people like to struggle for what they can earn and enjoy it afterwards. While others complain because they didn't work hard enough for it, or because they simply don't have it... and I personally don't want to complain later. Besides it was just an idea, Majorlegion.

Spell
12-09-2014, 06:32 PM
lb prize should have been Arcane shard+ new recipe to craft new arcane Weps for mage/rogue/warrior which requires the weapon (maul,hooks,kershal) to create. So that way arcane rings would drop in value (MORE) and these so called ARCANE weapons gain a lil more.

P.s dont say there arent many arcane weps out there for crafting (arcane maul 12m,hooks 4.5m,kershal 10m lel)after the super drop weekend there are plenty

Lol @ arcane weapons worth less than mythics JS.

mokdaddd
12-09-2014, 06:41 PM
If 0 chance ti change vanity prize atleast make them give low stats for each class

Sir Lubo Penev
12-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Why not make LB prize a new super op pet.. like SnS+Samael combined. Will you be happy then?

Wutzgood
12-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Leaderboard is for bragging rights lol. The prize should be a vanity.

To make gold you gotta farm during events. If you don't think it's worth it don't run it. Simple solution.

Better than giving an op pet or weapon that only a few will ever get.

Titanium
12-09-2014, 06:53 PM
I love when threads with a constructive flow becomes - rich & mythic class vs poor.

I'm not "bragging" about drop rates on forum fx. I just gave an idea how I want to spend MY GOLDS !

mokdaddd
12-09-2014, 06:58 PM
I love when threads with a constructive flow becomes - rich & mythic class vs poor.

I'm not "bragging" about drop rates on forum fx. I just gave an idea how I want to spend MY GOLDS !

Lmao ikr

Madnex
12-09-2014, 07:00 PM
I respectfully disagree.

First off, those costs are present only in the rogue category. Secondly, this time around there will be three times less the vanities given out which means their worth will be substantially higher. High-end rewards given to already decked out players would be pushing this game too much in the pay-to-win territory (like STS has said themselves).

SnS was a mistake; it set the expectations bar too high for the next rewards. Events should be enjoyable and fun, not stressful no-sleep marathons of who has the deeper pockets. The vanity rewards are supporting a more friendly event environment with just the right amount of competitiveness; no changes needed here.

Boss786
12-09-2014, 07:11 PM
STS should think more about this. The leaderboard prize is a huge disappointment to me. 4 weeks to run for a vanity?
People already sacrificed 40m+hours from previous events for something that is worth the investment.

I'm adressing strictly to devs. It should be a pet or arcane shard. Let's face it. Sns is op and it should be brought back to ARLOR only because anyone deserves a chance to get it again! SnS is a huge success and a desired pet, it is/was in super high demand although I don't think there are more Shady and Surge eggs left in the game.

Yes, the event started already.. But it is a 4 weeks long event and I have an idea to make the prize a bit more worthy for the time and money we will spend + the actual gameplay instead of a vanity. You could make another tier called the Ultimate Tier and when you would reach like 200,000 points you will get another prize like SnS or a shard! The vanity will be won by the people who will be in the first 25! If this 4 weeks long event requires 2k kits per person it will cost 50m more or less

100% agree there needs to be and awesome pet for leaderboard winners and not just the top 50, all should get a decent chance meaning there needs to be a "ultimate tier" with about 20,000 - 30,000 points. ( 200,000 seems too much)

Egg should be in form of tradeable/stashable egg.

Wutzgood
12-09-2014, 07:17 PM
100% agree there needs to be and awesome pet for leaderboard winners and not just the top 50, all should get a decent chance meaning there needs to be a "ultimate tier" with about 20,000 - 30,000 points. ( 200,000 seems too much)

They do this with gold tier every event lol. Gyrm, dova, and blinky were better than mythic pets and available to all. An op pet like sns as a prize wasn't a good idea.

Although with only 1/3 the amount of leaderboard vanities as last event they should hold value well.

Idly
12-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I respectfully disagree.

First off, those costs are present only in the rogue category.
SnS was a mistake; it set the expectations bar too high for the next reward.

I ran the 12 day Halloween mage lb and finished in 24th place with 118k pts. Kits averaged at 32k throughout the event with an average points per run of 80

That equates to over 40m in energy alone not to mention elixirs, ankhs, potions, pet food so honestly its not only rogues that have to spend big to win, even the tank lb was 35m+ just to place.

Why was SnS a mistake? The elon event was what it was supposed to be, competitive. The simple fact is the more desirable the prize, the more revenue the event creates for STG without all the sneaky plat sinks that leave bad feeling. But for another vanity (yes I agree that one vanity per class should hold its price better and also better represent the cost invested by each class) I don't see how its worth the grind.

Visiting
12-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I ran the 12 day Halloween mage lb and finished in 24th place with 118k pts. Kits averaged at 32k throughout the event with an average points per run of 80

That equates to over 40m in energy alone not to mention elixirs, ankhs, potions, pet food so honestly its not only rogues that have to spend big to win, even the tank lb was 35m+ just to place.

Why was SnS a mistake? The elon event was what it was supposed to be, competitive. The simple fact is the more desirable the prize, the more revenue the event creates for STG without all the sneaky plat sinks that leave bad feeling. But for another vanity (yes I agree that one vanity per class should hold its price better and also better represent the cost invested by each class) I don't see how its worth the grind.

I too ran the mage leaderboard, I placed 10th with about 132k points, but the total cash spent ended up being around 25mil and 1700 platinum. I sold EACH of my vanities for a net price of 20mil each, so in basis I made 35million from the event, and anyone who runs this event will most likely be able to make more profit due to less vanities in game!

Seoratrek
12-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Sorry to sound like a broken record but I'd greatly appreciate it if you could post all of your suggestions/feedback here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?191871

It will help keep all the information on one page. Thanks!!