PDA

View Full Version : Socerer's Arcane shield really "buff" ?

will0
12-09-2014, 06:28 PM
>> Sorcerer's Arcane Shield has had its cooldown reduced by 10%, and the amount of damage absorbed has been increased by 10%

Sounds good but looks like it is more to "please" general mage audience i hope this is not the upcoming "buff" they are referring to for mages.. cause 10% is not very significant (stun immunity should be added to mage shield!)

falmear
12-09-2014, 08:43 PM
I think its pretty obvious that these changes are rather insignificant. This video pretty much sums up how STS feels about class balance and buffing mages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSb65n1Zt5U&feature=youtu.be

falmear
12-10-2014, 12:37 AM
The longer the fight goes the less the cool down affects you. If you kill them too fast, then you leave yourself more exposed.

Instanthumor
12-10-2014, 01:22 AM
The longer the fight goes the less the cool down affects you. If you kill them too fast, then you leave yourself more exposed.

But at the same time, if you don't kill them fast enough, they're gunna kill you first. Lol

We should see what other plans STS has for mages, because honestly, 10% increase is a just a mere crit for a rogue.

Primeblades
12-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Guys its better than nothing

whizzyrich
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm a level 30, mostly solo PvE. To the extent it shows down mob kills is the extent that it is helpful. Certainly not a game changer in any manner. A minor but appreciated change. From what I've observed, rogue is still the foremost class but mage is the most fun! Love clobbering a mess of toons while warrior is absorbing the hits!

Saribeau
12-10-2014, 11:55 PM
hey lemme ask. Why would sts buff mages when fully completely and utterly maxed mages do fine? sts wants money. buying gear the easy means plat. They arent gonna do anymore. Just buy some plat and problem solved. -sts pov

Pollata1246
12-11-2014, 05:47 AM
hey lemme ask. Why would sts buff mages when fully completely and utterly maxed mages do fine? sts wants money. buying gear the easy means plat. They arent gonna do anymore. Just buy some plat and problem solved. -sts pov

excuse me! not everybody is ur age on AL..there are kids too and believe me many parents dont allow their children to play games rest the platinum buy....also if STS calls this a 'Mage Buff' then so long AL.....also if u want us to become pro by paying and u r so colly saying to buy plat...y dont u giv the money to everybofdy to buy plat??? :mad::mad::mad:

Energizeric
12-12-2014, 11:15 PM
It is a very significant upgrade. Let's do the math.

1) Your time with no shield (in between battles) is reduced by 3 seconds. I can't tell you how many times I've taken out a rogue, and then they respawn and rush back to kill me before the shield cooldown is over. Many times the cooldown is almost over when they finally get me. This could change that outcome quite often.

2) If you do the calculations for total shield strength, you will find at endgame most mages have about 2500-3000 total shield protection. So this would boost that by 250-300. So basically this is like getting a 250-300 health point boost, not insignificant. When fighting elite bosses, this could be the difference between surviving a one hit or not.