PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Winter Event 2014 Official Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Seoratrek
12-09-2014, 08:25 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=111099&d=1418151207

Winter Event 2014 is here in Arcane Legends! Please use this thread to give us all of your greatest suggestions and feedback on this new event.

Announcements/Updates/Known Bugs:
Winter Event Announcement Post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?191821)
2014-12-09 Content Update Thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?191807)
Energy Crafting Missing [Bug] (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?191836-IMPORTANT-Energy-Crafting-Missing-(Bug!))

AL Announcements (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?102-AL-Announcements)

CAK Vader
12-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Make a pure white winter's anger vanity set. White version of Winter's fury :P

Haligali
12-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Can we see the lb reward vanities?

No recipe, no money.

mokdaddd
12-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Can we see the lb reward vanities?

No recipe, no money.

No recipe, no plat!

Haligali
12-09-2014, 08:39 PM
No recipe, no plat!
Or that, yeah.

No recipe, no money.

Woundedwarrior
12-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Making energy only take 2 hours to craft would be nice

Boss786
12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
just make bosses easy make it exactly like halloween bosses. Increase the points gained from boss and tokens too, its way too less. Or decrease the tokens needed to make purchases either way its your choice.

This will probably b my last post on the winter event issues. Cba to make these posts anymore, seems pointless and waste of time

Abersit
12-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Pls sts reduce event crafting time for energy
Its not easy 4hrs , as for this event points and tokens are expensive
Bosses drop less tokens and give less points
Also passing through the tiers is another challnge
For non rich ppl in the game .
Thnx in advance

Titanium
12-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Seoratrek, I'm very disappointed that you closed my thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?191842-My-opinion-on-the-Leaderboard-Prizes) on General Discussion when all I did was posting my opinion and discuss it with others. That's the meaning of that category. You should have let my thread have it's course.

Boost prizes for this leaderboard event. For more information and why it should be boosted click HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?191842-My-opinion-on-the-Leaderboard-Prizes).

Carapace
12-09-2014, 08:56 PM
just make bosses easy make it exactly like halloween bosses. Increase the points gained from boss and tokens too, its way too less. Or decrease the tokens needed to make purchases either way its your choice.

This will probably b my last post on the winter event issues. Cba to make these posts anymore, seems pointless and waste of time

The reason for the lower point values is due to the length of the event! Winter is going to be around 4 weeks long, Halloween was a mere 2 weeks so the numbers are not the same.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be listening to the threads that crop up over the next few days.

aquascaper
12-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Not sure if this is a known glitch, but the portal sent me back to town on my rogue a few times. Re-partying fixed it :)

Dalmony
12-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Well the maps are well designed I love the detail in the event maps, a lot of thought has gone into those, and I'm happy to see Frost Fiend drops tokens ^_^

However - I really feel disappointed by the items on offer from the token vendor.. It seems a bit bare especially for players who were here last christmas. Given that this is supposed to be "the" big winter event I would have expected a slightly wider variety of new things to save tokens for... perhaps 2 vanities and at least one new egg?

Players who already acquired the different coloured versions of these vanities as well as both eggs really have nothing tangible to spend tokens on if the one new vanity isn't to their taste :/

I'd love to have seen some brand new festive themed vanities alongside the ice ones, even if just a festive head piece - I'm a rogue so I would have loved to see elf/pixie vanity, or just some reindeer antlers.

I saw a post about NPC outfits being reused as new vanities and rather hoped it might be those winter eskimo coats ^_^ In Elondria we were able to purchase three or four different outfits worn by the NPCs in the map.

IMO this was definitely a great idea and also something which could be quickly inserted into this event without having to design a whole other bunch of vanities at this late stage.

firmanfar
12-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi STS,
Can you Make crafting energy essense in 2 hour! We cant waiting till 4 hour. .

Lovehertz
12-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Please make energy craft time 2 hours again. There are more gem choices to craft along with crates and we only have a mere 5 slots. Saying it's 4hrs now because of the length of the event isn't really valid considering we have more items to craft than the Halloween event.

Otahaanak
12-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Does anyone else find the white battlefield in combination with the extremely bright ORB?

add in Para stone and Wild Amulet proc, and I had to fight with my iPad sideways.

Please time it down a bit. It's worse than the Para stone was on release.

Jirikjurasek
12-10-2014, 01:10 AM
4h for crafting essences are terrible, we had 2 event with 2h energy crafting.

Remember, the winter event is 4 weeks long. We scaled everything so that players could make progress throughout the event over time, rather than rushing through it all in one sitting and then being bored for the rest of winter. :) You know what I mean?
If you scale duration of event (event last 2x more than Halloween) and scale duration of crafting enegry (2x longer), there is no reason to scale down tokens drop. At halloween we can go every 2h to the event area for 2 weeks. Now we can go every 4h to the event area for 4 weeks. You know what I mean?

Aziiii
12-10-2014, 04:45 AM
wish for a christmas miracle *recipe drop*

SacredKnight
12-10-2014, 04:53 AM
New crafting slots would be very helpful! Tokens or Hauntlet coins, even plat fee (Not to extreme) would be nice :) It'll be hard to have a crafting station with 5 blood gems, then another five, Five Fire gems, another five, Five Glacial, another five, that's 48 Hours just for the gems for the Syrillax Gem X_X

On top of that we have increased drops of energy essences and increase time, this means that we will have a tonne of essences in our inventories uncrafted with. 5 Plats for a Energy Kit, 8 Plat for a speed up. Not only this but we have Chests to Craft, Crates to craft and MORE GEMS!

At least allow the crafting materials to be stash able otherwise we'll be really struggling to craft all the items, let alone a large quantity of each during the 4 week event.

octavos
12-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Hello devs, my feedback is based on low level players that wen't able to be tested on the test server. As for energy and ice scales... i don't really see an increase just yet.

Update:
energy is nice to farm...but ice scales might need bump tho.

mixing of levels..and brackets are to large...making bosses and mobs to hard. At least thats what ive seen.

These patches don't disappear (maybe its intended)..and low levels this is really an issue..so the longer the boss is active more of these will show up...taking up the whole pay area over time.

also lions broken a bit..

in my stable he looks great

in normal play
why are effects gone...(aka why is rum gone)
the effects you see are my 10m vanity and my lucky amulet

I have to put back and re-summon to see effects.

Farminer's
12-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Please make crafter energy stash able. This would make many people happy.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

vawaid
12-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Maybe you should ask 'why the forged energy kits are non stashable?' And hopefully we can get the reason..

Bmwmsix
12-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Maybe you should ask 'why the forged energy kits are non stashable?' And hopefully we can get the reason..

Easy isnt it? Buy Platinum, quick!! Or no game for you. So fed up...economy so damn broken ty mainly sts for that. Now happy? After buying more then 200K PLAT in two Years, this is how you treat yout customers?? O.o dont expect to much Platinum bought this time by us aka your customers.

Ps: Thx also for all these recycled things, staff whateve. I tought im playing Arcane Legends but now it feels like...Recycling Legends.

Farminer's
12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
It is I wanna know why it isn't and I want it to happen they need to be stashable

anshdoc
12-10-2014, 11:16 PM
That's a really good idea :)
Yogini

gumball3000
12-11-2014, 06:02 AM
Lol, really?
I understand that the event is 4 weeks long but you increased the points to get platinum from 2100 to 5650. You increased the crafting time from 2 to 4 hours. Last boss gives 87 points instead of 100. That's how you balance things? Doubling the points needed to reach platinum would have been the logic thing to do for a longer event but you also increased crafting time and nerfed boss points drop. GG

Raselph
12-11-2014, 06:29 AM
Lol, really?
I understand that the event is 4 weeks long but you increased the points to get platinum from 2100 to 5650. You increased the crafting time from 2 to 4 hours. Last boss gives 87 points instead of 100. That's how you balance things? Doubling the points needed to reach platinum would have been the logic thing to do for a longer event but you also increased crafting time and nerfed boss points drop. GG

there's a balancing theorem.

neutralization? + -

acid+base= ?

-1+1= ?

face it. There are more essences popping out, thats why the duration was increased. If theyres something in excess something has to get it back to 0, ik it sucks... but u just cant help it.

vawaid
12-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Please add 5 crafting slots during event. Please...

We need that..

kinzmet
12-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Its official, The Winter Event Last Year is the best event ever made!

PROS
-At least we still had a winter event, its better than nothing

CONS
-4 hours to craft energy
-Very high points to reach platinum with a gem price thats good for twinks only
-DC + Lag problems is not fixed
-Recolored stuffs again
-The only event with no forum contest (up to this date)

The winter has arrived indeed :grumpy:

Samaeldavisjr
12-11-2014, 02:15 PM
1) How do you feel about farming for gear which doesnt sell in cs nor does it hold up to previous gears? IE: Frozen/Frigid gear vs Elondrian, Necro, or Planar
2) How do you feel about hearing the plat tier reward has diff stats than what was previously released? IE: new gem
3) How do you feel about farming for Ursume Lockeds for Mythic weapons that have been reskinned and arent worth any more than the previous Elondrian weapons which have tanked the CS? IE: Elondrian weps vs new Ice weps.. GOT PAVISE?
4) How do you like the recolored Winter vanities? (BTW, the previous versions are some of the cheapest vanities in CS)
5) How do you like the Permafrost Vanities?
6) How excited are you about Yowie, Fritz, or Snowball as pets?
7) and finally, how do you Leaderboard people feel about farming for prizes, errr vanities, which will never recoop the gold and/or palt used to attain them? IE: like Halloween

Seems like the only real thing to farm here are frags from the Planar Tombs unless you wanna merch energy, luck, and/or Ursume Crates Locks in the Event. o.O

I dont believe I am breaking any forum rules here so this shouldnt be removed. thanks

whizzyrich
12-11-2014, 02:39 PM
I can't get past even the first quest because everyone in the party always quits with the first boss. For me the event is just clutter and a nuisance and my game experience is being ruined by it. Where I use to get meaningful drops, all I get now is a ton of meaningless stuff that I have to keep deleting from inventory. I can't wait for this event to end and I have stopped all IAPs until the game gets back on track. There should be a way for players to completely opt out if they wish.

Excuses
12-11-2014, 04:12 PM
I would like to ask why Frostbitten Rings are not in cs?
I mean, are these ring in loot table yet? It seems weird.

Farminer's
12-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Thanks

Kingofninjas
12-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Hahaha I may sound a little hypocritical here, but ice scales are dropping way too much. I got over 200 ice scales so far and abt 30 each of fire glacial and blood and abt 100+ energy. Now, if we didnt need the fire glacial and blood essence, this would not be a problem, but we need them for tarlok gems. Also, you are using this as an excuse to increase crafting rate of energy. Are you really trying to give us more energy then make it longer to craft? Put it back to normal and give us the 2 hr crafting time back.

Kanaomi
12-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Please drop more energy and less scales! Way too many scales. Also, during this event maybe do 2x story token weekend. (Christmas wish ^_^) My inventory is full, stash full, alts full...lol. During boss fights it's telling me I am receiving ice chests and I'm never getting any :/...it's like sykeeee! :< I'm grinding this event like a mad-woman here. Throw me a bone, and I don't mean a necro.

Hadec
12-11-2014, 08:03 PM
stashable forged..or more craftimg slots?

Nextlimits
12-12-2014, 12:57 AM
how about LB banner?

Froxanthar
12-12-2014, 02:45 AM
1. Can you please make capeless version of Wintry Vanity for warriors? ( So people who don't craft have more choices to spend their token. )
2. Please consider to put lagendary weapons in token shop just like previous Winter?
3. Did you guys reconsider to buff Breezaga up? She seems outdated than Yowie and Yowie seems better than #Scorch!
4. It seem the lagendary amulet ( STR ) isn't impressive as previous events did. ( Example : Sacred Elondrian Of Will )

Kalahesi
12-12-2014, 08:13 AM
The reason for the lower point values is due to the length of the event! Winter is going to be around 4 weeks long, Halloween was a mere 2 weeks so the numbers are not the same.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be listening to the threads that crop up over the next few days.

There are a lot more we have to craft in this event, we have wind, rage, wisdom gems, also blood, fire and glacial gems for the enchanted eye that we might also want to craft... Along with energy we need to craft, we need to craft the new locked crates, maybe even the new Frist pet.. Uhm I think I counted 10 items that requires crafting this event! That a lot for a mere 5 crafting slot we have. And energy time needs to be reduced.. U say it's a 4 week long event but u have also increased a lot of items that use require crafting.

Candylicks
12-12-2014, 09:35 AM
As you probably know this event is not as popular compared to the Halloween. From a player's perspective here are the reasons why.

1. Less motivation to run to plat. The gem isn't good so we don't care about obtaining multiple of them. We were running multiple toons to plat over halloween for that awesome para gem, this one isn't worth it.

2. The LB prizes weren't announced until AFTER the event dropped? You should have announced them previous to the event.

3. The new newer mythics really stung. We all said no yet you stuck these in the game. Then you put 2x odds and those of us who open locked realized real fast the 2x isn't the case. You would have done the game a solid by doing a mythic ring and maybe even updated stats on the old lunar/fang/doom for lvl 41. Not everyone will get the other mythic amulet.

Things I like about this event: The tarlok gems, the improved drop-rate of the required essences, the mage leaderboard vanity, whims back in locked, the snow in all the cities and holiday decor, and the bosses are fun! Also, although I disagree with the new newer mythic weapons the design on them is cool. Your design team did well on that bow.

Thanks for reading and hope you all have a happy holiday season.

TankingRogue
12-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Thank you STS for the event. I really do think it is cool. I would just like to request for the Platinum reward to be comparable to Paracelsus stone. I don't feel +2 to all stats plus 1.5 crit are strong enough to be compared to Paracelsus stone's +2 damage and cool effect. Sorry sts. im truly grateful for the event but really crying out for a stronger platinum reward. More power

Sir Lubo Penev
12-12-2014, 10:30 AM
I'll say one thing only. Hopefully won't be deleted again.

Increased event duration + increased points needed for tiers is enough from a mathematical standpoint. Increasing energy crafting time is unnecessary and redundant, and makes this event a waiting event for the majority of players in this game.

Thanks.

Boss786
12-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Thank you STS for the event. I really do think it is cool. I would just like to request for the Platinum reward to be comparable to Paracelsus stone. I don't feel +2 to all stats plus 1.5 crit are strong enough to be compared to Paracelsus stone's +2 damage and cool effect. Sorry sts. im truly grateful for the event but really crying out for a stronger platinum reward. More power

I asked a person in game and found that the gem doesnt even have the glowing effect like the para gem lol. I was really excited to get to plat tier but now.... Not so much. Seems like a waste of time. Everything bout this event is pointless only the dumb ones are after the leaderboard and stuff lool. They started aiming for it without even knowing the reward LMAO. Guess these type of people r the ones STS makes money off. All the clever ones know whats they doing.

Lidless
12-13-2014, 08:01 AM
I was actually having some fun at the start of this event, but now i realize this event is pointless to run. The token rewards are completely useless in value compared to what it costs to obtain them as well. I have a lot to vent about so ima start ^^

I enjoyed halloween event. It cost a lot to run for lb spot, but i was able to enjoy hoping for certain items and token rewards that i knew id make a little gold from to help fund my runs. This event? Thats out of the question. Im on the lb right now and i have to enter every zone knowing without a doubt i will not earn anything at all from it.

For example, in plat tier the greater chests are mainly the best ill get. When i open them i get some crappy frigid armor sometime, but mostly its 2000-5000 gold. This is over 30+ opened so far. Ever since the update nobody in my guild has seen an Eye of Syrillax drop. When it comes to gear from greater chests...the ring was the only viable item that may be worth something, and it doesnt even exist.

Now then lets talk about the bugs. I bought the Orb of Ursume which is supposed to prevent crits and increase my dmg by 50%. I spent extra gold to purchase this early on since im not a plat user. This orb no longer works. It will randomly work for a split second then the dmg buff vanishes again. It also doesnt mitigate crits anymore. I solod my way to plat tier which the bosses were somewhat challenging, but do-able. Now? Impossible for me.

This isnt entierely because of the gem. Its also the fact the minions you kill end up blanketing the map and absorbing all the damage which makes Syrillax insanely annoying and tedious to fight. Sure you can use strategy to work around this, but from a lb perspective...this is very very troublesome.

Id just like to know. Have any of you out there doing this event seen an Eye drop (excluding plat tier reward) since the last update? For me to keep my spot on the lb i have to run this event knowing i have 0% chance of obtaining the only item that is worth anything in this event. Not to mention using way more potions than usual because of bugs.

Feedback welcomed. Im very disappointed atm ;o

Puffinnn
12-13-2014, 08:07 AM
I have gotten 2 Eyes of Syrillax before the update. Haven't seen any drop post update.

Lidless
12-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Im nearly 12000 points and havent looted one yet. Hemoraging gold keeping spot on lb and making 0 return on my runs. I wouldnt mind continuing if i knew i at least still had a chance at looting an eye to help fund my runs, but from everyone ive asked..in all guilds..im being told nobody has seen eyes drop since the pathetic, bug-riddled patch.

Lidless
12-13-2014, 08:15 AM
What baffles me even more is the fact that they released this patch with so many issues on a Thursday and then (im assuming) left for the weekend. Dont they have protocols to test things before releasing to live servers? These arent minor issues...these are "wtf?" kinds of problems

Sir Lubo Penev
12-13-2014, 08:47 AM
I saw an eye drop yesterday. That was about 12 hours ago.

On a side note, I completely agree with most of your observations.

Lidless
12-13-2014, 08:51 AM
I saw an eye drop yesterday. That was about 12 hours ago.

On a side note, I completely agree with most of your observations.

Are you certain it wasnt a plat tier reward drop? Im apprehensive to do anymore runs bc i dont want to bother if its bugged.

Sir Lubo Penev
12-13-2014, 08:55 AM
I am sure it wasn't a plat tier reward drop, guy is well above plat tier threshold.

Lidless
12-13-2014, 09:15 AM
I am sure it wasn't a plat tier reward drop, guy is well above plat tier threshold.

Hmm ok. Thanks.

Kakashis
12-13-2014, 11:46 AM
never seen one drop

Pandorix
12-13-2014, 11:58 AM
U r right about evrything...have anyone seen potency ring or amu as loot or on ac?

xclyklcx
12-13-2014, 12:36 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/13/89c10a8997335d23b8fc218877bee321.jpg

Heres an eye drop

Lidless
12-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Nice. Good to know hes still dropping eyes.

twoxc
12-13-2014, 03:42 PM
The syrillax eye drop rate is RIDICULOUSLY low and also RIDICULOUSLY useless. I'm at 33k point right now only looted 2 eye, one at 1400 point and one at 25000 point. Lol It's a joke. But I have my reason to keep on going. Non-the-less the bug of the minion is RIDICULOUSLY annoying it slow down everything by a lot and also wastes time on the Speed/Damage elixir that I use during the run. SIGHHHHHH.

Serancha
12-13-2014, 04:35 PM
I am at 10,147 points on one character, close to 3K points on another, have fought Syrillax 114 times. I have not looted an eye and have also only seen 3 total drop in all those fights. I mean granted, it's a totally useless gem, but it would be nice to actually loot a bloody ingredient after I worked so hard for the recipe.

Lidless
12-13-2014, 04:49 PM
He moved my thread and marked it less dramatic title. That upsets me because my title was the truth. Lame

Jazzi
12-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Hi,
I think, that the new pet might be bugged. Yowie's passive ability, or at least its description, does not change as it gains levels. Normally legendary pets are maxed at lvl 15. Well mine is 17 and it says, it would the same as at lvl 1. Or did sts change it unannounced as they did with the syrallix gem?

Anyway thank u in advance for replying!

Jazzi
12-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Hello again,

Just did levelled Yowie to lvl 20. As ot seems it scales as a mythic pet, getting a new passive ability every 10 levels instead the usual 5(for a legendary pet). I do not remember this being announced. Might be wrong though.
Anyway wanted to put this info out there in case somebody wonders.

hozukreti
12-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Where are the new Frostbitten Rings?? I see no respond from STS everytime people asking for this question?? hey we asking for what you promised and you ignored it without any answer?

DiddyMakeit
12-15-2014, 02:51 AM
BUG FOUND
Event locked crates at lvl10 are dropping lvl11 gear.

DiddyMakeit
12-15-2014, 02:59 AM
The drops in the greater chest could use some tweeking. I have opened about 20 greater chests on different levels. About all were either 2k or 5k gold drops with exception to 1 armor drop and an event energy. Could the gold be taken out of the drop table for greater chests and maybe increase the drop of armor and frist recipe. The chest drop itself is rare and the craft time is a crazy 12hrs. At least make it worth it for people spending 150 tokens and 12hrs to craft.

ToxicWiz
12-15-2014, 05:13 AM
Where do i find syrillax i cant find him almost impossible i wasted 3 or 4 energies just finding him i only battle with tarlok or with the tribesman

eugene9707
12-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Where do i find syrillax i cant find him almost impossible i wasted 3 or 4 energies just finding him i only battle with tarlok or with the tribesman

not impossible, it gets easier as you move up the tire, i get him almost every run now (im plat tire btw)

Serancha
12-15-2014, 11:12 AM
The drops in the greater chest could use some tweeking. I have opened about 20 greater chests on different levels. About all were either 2k or 5k gold drops with exception to 1 armor drop and an event energy. Could the gold be taken out of the drop table for greater chests and maybe increase the drop of armor and frist recipe. The chest drop itself is rare and the craft time is a crazy 12hrs. At least make it worth it for people spending 150 tokens and 12hrs to craft.

I think frist recipe should not have been made stashable. People have just made frist factories and the price is abysmally low already. Increasing recipe drop won't help things.

DiddyMakeit
12-15-2014, 11:24 AM
I think frist recipe should not have been made stashable. People have just made frist factories and the price is abysmally low already. Increasing recipe drop won't help things.
Even if they didn't make it stashable. People would just swap the egg instead of the recipe. Its kindof a lose/lose there.

DiddyMakeit
12-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Thought for the Devs.

If energy where to drop all year round maybe the 4 hr craft time would be bearable for alot of users.

Kanaomi
12-16-2014, 07:39 AM
I was actually having some fun at the start of this event, but now i realize this event is pointless to run. The token rewards are completely useless in value compared to what it costs to obtain them as well. I have a lot to vent about so ima start ^^

I enjoyed halloween event. It cost a lot to run for lb spot, but i was able to enjoy hoping for certain items and token rewards that i knew id make a little gold from to help fund my runs. This event? Thats out of the question. Im on the lb right now and i have to enter every zone knowing without a doubt i will not earn anything at all from it.

For example, in plat tier the greater chests are mainly the best ill get. When i open them i get some crappy frigid armor sometime, but mostly its 2000-5000 gold. This is over 30+ opened so far. Ever since the update nobody in my guild has seen an Eye of Syrillax drop. When it comes to gear from greater chests...the ring was the only viable item that may be worth something, and it doesnt even exist.

Now then lets talk about the bugs. I bought the Orb of Ursume which is supposed to prevent crits and increase my dmg by 50%. I spent extra gold to purchase this early on since im not a plat user. This orb no longer works. It will randomly work for a split second then the dmg buff vanishes again. It also doesnt mitigate crits anymore. I solod my way to plat tier which the bosses were somewhat challenging, but do-able. Now? Impossible for me.

This isnt entierely because of the gem. Its also the fact the minions you kill end up blanketing the map and absorbing all the damage which makes Syrillax insanely annoying and tedious to fight. Sure you can use strategy to work around this, but from a lb perspective...this is very very troublesome.

Id just like to know. Have any of you out there doing this event seen an Eye drop (excluding plat tier reward) since the last update? For me to keep my spot on the lb i have to run this event knowing i have 0% chance of obtaining the only item that is worth anything in this event. Not to mention using way more potions than usual because of bugs.

Feedback welcomed. Im very disappointed atm ;o

My Orb doesn't seem to work at all, yet I still wear it in hopes it will.
As for syrillax eye drop. I've pick up 3 eyes so far from defeating Syrillax (excluding my plat tier reward of enchanted eye)
However, I have killed Syrillax 245 times...

Lidless
12-16-2014, 05:01 PM
My Orb doesn't seem to work at all, yet I still wear it in hopes it will.
As for syrillax eye drop. I've pick up 3 eyes so far from defeating Syrillax (excluding my plat tier reward of enchanted eye)
However, I have killed Syrillax 245 times...

Yea it turns out its just so rare i thought it was a bug ;p... the orb is definitely broken though for sure.

Lidless
12-17-2014, 01:30 AM
It seems like this thread was created to burry concerns and issues people are having with this bug-riddled event ;o

Kanaomi
12-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Yea it turns out its just so rare i thought it was a bug ;p... the orb is definitely broken though for sure.

345 kills now, and 4 eyes...lol definitely a rare drop :<

Lidless
12-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Im just over 300 kills and 2 eyes ;/

Serancha
12-20-2014, 10:05 PM
160 Syrillax kills, 2 characters to plat, and 0 eyes

Sir Lubo Penev
12-21-2014, 08:09 AM
106 Syrillax kills on two toons: 1 eye + 2 more for party mates. On the other hand, I know a guildie, who is still gold tier (meaning not many Syr kills), but already looted 2 eyes.

DiddyMakeit
12-26-2014, 10:00 PM
This event would of been a success if you would of made the eye purchasable with event tokens. I would gladly pay 1000 tokens for an eye vs 950 for a recolored vanity.

Serancha
01-01-2015, 10:32 PM
I would just like to say one thing:

Excellent job on the frost fiend this event!

In past events these bonus critters have been excessively annoying, following you around and stunning you, or wasting your time for little no reward or a valueless egg. This time they are not difficult to kill, they give you a nice token, and they don't hinder your play at all. This is the first event since the introduction of event critters that I have enjoyed the little guy, rather than finding him a PITA. So thank you devs for getting this one on target.

Soundlesskill
01-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Definitely a great job on the design, and I'm happy to see that Tarlok returned. I'm disappointed that it's so costly. Just to make it to LB is like 60m, which is less than the event prize value. I think you should up the difficulty of the bosses, it's just a boring, long slap fight between me and Skrillex (Syrillex? I can't remember it's name), no real challenge, it's easy to pot through. I like the different tier awards. It makes it worth getting to at least gold. The Eye drop should be higher (As should the rest of AL's drop rates. It's more profitable to not buy all the needed, and necessary items for elites (Ankhs, pots, luck kits) than to actually farm elite). Haven't played much of the event, but what I tried has been decent.

Regards
Noisykillar

Aprove
01-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Add a cool particle effect to enchanted eye pls :)

manhands
01-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Hi STS, so the event ended? It was great, I had fun; but what happened to the cool down period? I would love to use the tokens I've been saving for some chests or Breezaga.

Serancha
01-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Should be able to reach the event map through the messenger in towns, Manhands.

Overall I found this event extremely disappointing. Even after being adjusted, the Eye of Syrillax was in no way worth the cost of the 150-200 runs it took to reach plat. I fought Syrillax over 300 times, getting 3 characters to platinum tier, and did not loot a single eye. So I got 3 useless recipes. This does NOT constitute a reward for 4 weeks of daily runs + tomb grinding to get the energy. Nor was it even close to being worth 15 gems, 10 plat AND an item that almost never dropped.

The severely lowered drop rates on normal essences, especially Fire and Glacial, made it next to impossible for anyone who plays fairly to make money. Yet those who don't play clean were seen to be making a fortune on the CS - the same names repeatedly selling stacks and stacks of Tarlok Gems. There is only one way anyone could make that many, and it's not by fair play. I got a new pet and levelled it to 41. At the end I had enough essences for 4 Tarlok Gems. I leveled another pet to 40 on another toon and got enough essences for 5 Tarlok Gems. Lowering the drop rates this much seems both cheap and excessive on the developer's part, as it just feels like they were trying to force us to spend plat on essences in order to craft.

I get that STS is trying to help the economy by making things harder to obtain so markets don't get flooded. However, they would do better by keeping drop rates reasonable and cracking down on the unfair play practices that cause market flooding, rather than punishing the rest of us.

There is a difference between making things rare for the economy, and making the game totally unrewarding. Lately Arcane Legends has been heading in the latter direction.

• To run for an entire month and not loot a single eye to use the hard-won recipe on?
• To run planar tombs 250 times and loot 3 chests containing a single epic item in each?
• To run Planar Arena 400 times with absolutely 0 return on investment?

These are accurate stats, because they are my own. Keeping items rare is one thing, driving people to quit because there is no reward is another.

xxjellybeanxx
01-30-2015, 08:15 PM
himsjsjsjs