PDA

View Full Version : Winter Event Uninspired and Expensive

Rosna
12-11-2014, 01:24 AM
I'm so disappointed with this event. I intended to run for LB however why bother. To spend millions to obtain a vanity seems pointless. The enemies are just reworked versions from tindirin. The tiers take longer as does the energy crafting. Crafting is a disappointment, we have 5 slots, essences or dragon scales can't even be stashed so that we could use to craft on our alt's as well. I wish STS had a little more Christmas spirit and learned it's true meaning. Overall, this event is boring with ugly vanities and recycled vanities and pets.

Raselph
12-11-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm so disappointed with this event. I intended to run for LB however why bother. To spend millions to obtain a vanity seems pointless. The enemies are just reworked versions from tindirin. The tiers take longer as does the energy crafting. Crafting is a disappointment, we have 5 slots, essences or dragon scales can't even be stashed so that we could use to craft on our alt's as well. I wish STS had a little more Christmas spirit and learned it's true meaning. Overall, this event is boring with ugly vanities and recycled vanities and pets.

but u got time to farm enough and sufficient and tons of energy essences...dont miss the oppurtunity!

Anarchist
12-11-2014, 07:19 AM
I dont want to open another thread about how this event bitterly sucks or how sts for 7/8 months now been makin AL worse and worse so i ll rant here .-.

Event is not finished.
Plat tier reward sucks.
Bugs every single update.
Bugs never fixed. Some have been there for months.
No mythic items in greater chests.
Pay real money for a component needed to craft a useless gem.
Pay real money to get permanent exp.
Invisible recipes in arena.
Unfinished lb rewards.
No clue about whatsup with the banners.
Secret nerfs on our toons.
Secret nerf on the syrillax gem.
Secret nerfs on droprates.
Excessive production of mythic weapons.
Mythic helm armor ring still lv 36-31 while we are lv41.
We arent informed nobody talks to us like before. Devs change important things and we have to second guess... "not sure..maybe..did anybody lot 1?" WTH.

Sts you are failing badly. This situation is a product of what?
Christmas vacations?
Bad Bad Bad communication between developers→moderators→players.?
End year financial predictions you have to meet up with?
New suvs?
Lack of employees?
Financial problems?

Sts instead of milking us (we are aware you are) with aweful products i sugget you guys take a break and think 2 times if it worth it.
Till the final product is good most of us can still close a eye and spend that $ you want so badly but with events like this... oh poor you, you wont see a cent this christmas.

Also take your time and do things better, dont be in haste..this event sucks cause it was delivered unfinished...we dont care waiting a week even two more for decent events.

And for mmorpgs sake rotate!! do different types of event this Lb fever, and energy crap is gettin on my nerves, its boring as hell and over recycled!! Change it once in a while.

vawaid
12-11-2014, 07:28 AM
I dont want to open another thread about how this event bitterly sucks or how sts for 7/8 months now been makin AL worse and worse so i ll rant here .-.

Event is not finished.
Plat tier reward sucks.
Unfinished lb rewards.
We arent informed nobody talks to us like before. Devs change important things and we have to second guess... "not sure..maybe..did anybody lot 1?" WTH.

Christmas vacations?
New suvs?
Lack of employees?
Financial problems?

Sts instead of milking us (we are aware you are) with aweful products i sugget you guys take a break and think 2 times if it worth it.
Till the final product is good most of us can still close a eye and spend that $ you want so badly but with events like this... oh poor you, you wont see a cent this christmas.

Also take your time and do things better, dont be in haste..this event sucks cause it was delivered unfinished...we dont care waiting a week even two more for decent events.

And for mmorpgs sake rotate!! do different types of event this Lb fever, and energy crap is gettin on my nerves, its boring as hell and over recycled!! Change it once in a while.
That's frontal, but nobody talks and gives all details like you. I agree with you.

This event is really under expectation. One word description: Dissapointed.

Titanium
12-11-2014, 07:46 AM

My forum thread was closed because I gave my personal opinion about same things that you guys discussed here. Lb prize are worthless. New gem sucks and I heard also the new weapons have a bad proc... and bring back whim? Who really needs whim? Are better choices right now than whim. What about a new arcane pet better than Samael? Ring a bell?

For example they should recolor ( only because they love recolors ) a mythic SNS and add it to the vendor shop for 5000tokens purchase so I could have a reason to log-in and farm everyday. I lost my interest in this game .

Kakashis
12-11-2014, 09:23 AM
yeah, as above mention points, I'm very dissatisfied with the event so far as plat tier is not worth it as no one wants that gem! The LB runners are running blind in that they don't even know what their prizes look like. I'll give it to them as they are your most loyal and dedicated fans. I hope STS treats them well with the vanities that they're still working on! 1 month of grinding these events non stop is too much for me XD

Stelo
12-11-2014, 09:29 AM
the only reason i'm going to go for plat tier is so I can make $$$ from selling the syrillax gems, unless of course, it has some sort of glow effect then i'll probably use it.

Zyphruss
12-11-2014, 09:29 AM
What else can I say? I don't want to complain more because STS is working so hard and having headaches too about the unlimited unsatisfaction from us. Remember they are humans too. But of course they should do their jobs right. Just like "What if I am a player? What does a player wants?" This is why we have forums so that they can know. Sts please consider a player's point of view.

1 thing I don't like is another new mythic weapon! Why? Because i bought one already during Elondrian event and I used my hard earned gold from farming. And now, there's this new weapon which im not sure if it's better. It just sucks theres another weapon when u just bought one!

Wutzgood
12-11-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm actually enjoying this event more than Halloween and ursoth ones. There are No bosses that take a ridiculous amount of time and no auto OHKO from them.

Ursoth bosses were just boring and long while para had an auto kill move. These bosses are my favorite of the energy events so far.

Although I don't bother with leader board so it won't effect me. Just the plat tier gem I find disappointing. Mage Vanitys and armor sets look good.

bossthetank
12-11-2014, 06:11 PM
I started playing during the Halloween event and everything then was awesome! I am fairly new and this event doesn't come close to the Halloween event. The prices are dripping dramatically on all of the Prizes bc well, the prizes are horrible in my opinion. Prance and breezaga have to be the biggest waste of tokens. And the vanities don't even look cool unless you're trying to win the screenshot event. And even then, the mage is the only good looking one.

I made a good amount of gold off the Halloween event as a noob and this event is maybe going to produce a mil or two since I'm not a casher.

Dogoeswoof
12-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Okay short term wise (1-3 days), Big opportunity window to make millions has already passed (there is still a bit of time before it will cost more to run than the rewards). I've made 6mil already from running the event. I only needed 1mil to start and get to where I needed to be to start making money.
As for mid term (4-29 days), I am guessing you need 20+mil to keep running and make top lb which is a risky investment since value of vanities is unknown.
Long term (29-30), it is a risky investment that depends on vanity price. You will basically run a ton which may or may not pay off.
My opinion as a runner of the halloween event and making 43 mil (had to spend money irl, but it was worth it)
- this event lb is not worth running unless you want first dibs at the vanity (maybe not economically a profit and time wise), although...if sts decides to throw a curve ball and make more prizes or better incentives, then maybe worth running (although, I could see myself going all the way, its risky but it could also pay off big time if vanities are expensive).
- up to you guys though...have fun, not trying to create tension, just discussion

bossthetank
12-11-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm not trying to make leader boards. I'm using 5 chars to get to gold tier (150k to 200k per yowie in a few days) use tokens to purchase vanities (100k ish per set in a few days)... hence I don't spend any gold or plat. I farmed energy last event for all 5 chars and am continuing the trend. These cheap prices will easily get me 2mil from 5 chars.

Cptsky
12-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Well , at least they didnt do another joke such as possibility of multiple para gems. Sometimes maths wont let you survive against some rogs. Talkin about %35 hp aimedshots to full gear warrior in low level twinks . That s something :rugby:

Samaeldavisjr
12-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Geesh Ros, everytime i post the truth about the Winter event the mods move my thread to the feedback section. O.o

xutreuqux
12-11-2014, 09:34 PM
I personally like this event. Difficulity is perfect not too hard like helena and ursoth on ursoth assault or paracelsus. Energy essences drop often along with scales. A good event to make money and i love the decorations around the cities hehe

mapenjay
12-12-2014, 01:26 AM

Event is not finished.
Plat tier reward sucks.
Unfinished lb rewards.

Christmas vacations?
New suvs?
Lack of employees?
Financial problems?

the time when Delphina left sts, the game and forum was no longer friendly, shes the one informing us players bout whats happening in game and not lazy to answer all our queries