PDA

View Full Version : The Devs want all birds to DIE!!

Nightarcher
02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
This is a small little rant about level 55 legendary archer gear and blah blah blah like it or don't.

--

There are three character types in Pocket Legends. The Avian, the Elf, and the Ursan. Now, each have their strengths and weaknesses, but I would like to address the nature of their defensive mechanisms.

Avians: agile birds with thin, flexible armor so they can evade attacks with ease.
Elves: magicians with magical robes which increase their magic capabilities
Ursans: big burly tanks with heavy armor to protect their thick hide!

--

According to this definition of the character classes, we should see:

1.) bears with gear giving heavy armor and adding damage due to their beastly plate mail, which probably has spikes on it or something like Batman's gloves

2.) birds with qrmor that is mediocre, but allows them to dodge with ease and gives them the maneuverability to hit harder, more qccurately, and critically

3.) mages with the lowest armor rating, but having enormous amounts of regeneration

However, this is what we do see.

Bears
-heavy armor (duh)
-damage addition (expected)
-good h/s (makes sense)
-the highest dodge rating in the game (wait WHAT!!! that's messed up. They're meatshields not ninjas!)

Mages
-pretty good armor. I mean, those robes are magical. Should be a tad lower tho.
-damage addition (magic^)
-M/s (good, could use some H/s and vise-versa for the craftable gear)

Birds
-the least armor out of the classes (not too bad, I mean, less armor = more dodge and damage right?)
-a large chunk of hit%, crit, and damage (expected with low armor)
-0 dodge (hold the phone. What???)

--

So, the main problem here is plain and obvious! The ninja class got their evasion taken away and given to the tanks, who already have the most armor and can do lots of damage with their custom gear. I'm completely fine with less armor given to Avians to balance their insane DPS, but it's ridiculous to take our main defense away. In maps full of explosions, bears can endure it. Elves can use their magic shields and heal. But birds? With the lowest armor and no dodge, they are often killed with one shot dispite activating our level 6 Evasion.

In conclusion, I've presented the facts. I know the Devs are trying to balance the classes, but they're taking too much from archers and giving it to the tanks. Please consider fixing the problem. :)

Demonicdevyn
02-13-2011, 07:08 PM
agreed ^
balance out the chars again devs

Royce
02-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Though I think overall the rebalance was one of the best things to happen to this game, my least favorite aspect was dodge going from Dex to Str. It just makes no sense. Dex was totally overpowered and needed nerfing, but I'm not sure removing dodge as part of that was the best way to go. I think Str should add more armor (from attributes alone) than it currently does, and you should get high dodge from Dex and some dodge from Int (which make more sense anyway. Intelligent people know how to dodge, dextrous people just can, and strong people don't need to ;) ).

Demonicdevyn
02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Yea but us avians need the dodge
say if your fighting a bear are high hit percent usually gets the work done against there dodge but if it doesnt they keep dodging and then when we hit there regeneration owns.
atleats give avains some regen eh.
lone is 56 and he only has like 9 health regen no mana

KingFu
02-13-2011, 07:14 PM
I think what they need to do is keep dodge high, just have some classes have more than others, since PvP is kind of, who can get there combo in first, I would like to see it require more skill and timing as opposed to who can nuke first, and balance that out with hit%. Just my view on it, but archer for sure need at least some dodge.

Nightarcher
02-14-2011, 12:40 AM
I think what they need to do is keep dodge high, just have some classes have more than others, since PvP is kind of, who can get there combo in first, I would like to see it require more skill and timing as opposed to who can nuke first, and balance that out with hit%. Just my view on it, but archer for sure need at least some dodge.

That's a nice idea. Right now, dodge doesnt come into effect in pvp a lot, because birds have like 0 dodge naturally and there are so many dodge debuffs put there. They should add more dodge across-the board, making it a staple of survival on top of armor. Maybe 20 or so dodge to mages and bears? But at least double to birds. Come on, if we can't dodge, we're worse than ragdolls defense-wise.

Baked-Potato
02-14-2011, 12:50 AM
I agree, the new armor for birds should have dodge to it. I mean, the definiton of dexterity is the skill in physical movement, and I would say that Dodge falls into that definition quite well.

Iambirdman
02-14-2011, 02:00 AM
You guys couldn't have said better, I totally agree with this.

regie831
02-14-2011, 03:15 AM
I agree, but my bird is already dead :l

Riccits
02-14-2011, 04:23 AM
i wanted to bring my archer to 56 but i dunno if its worth.. :-/
got a raid roach helm yesterday but i cant use when it hasl only half armor than void ;(

Demonicdevyn
02-14-2011, 04:25 AM
The whole all chars having 20 dodge base would mess up pve tho

BeefyMeat
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Riccits I keep the shadow helm and bAsicLly forced myself to go back to talon/wing because I was sick of being paper.

Lesrider
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Agree, birds need their dodge back. Didn't understand why it was taken away in the first place.

Norbert
02-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Agreed here also. Hard to give up my death set with talon, even with my 53 pink bow. (I did, but I die a lot more now.) I would switch to shotgun for boss fights to get the range and max damage though.

On a similar note, of all my chars, birds are by far the thirstiest. Between health and mana pots, my archer sucks down way faster than mage can farm them. I had stocked up prior to the update and have gone through more than 1200 health pots (mage does use some of those too).

It seems like my bear and mage can balance pretty well (with rift and shadow set respectively). They both do use pots for boss fights, but the bird just sucks em down non-stop. I think he needs an intervention.

Nightarcher
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
On a similar note, of all my chars, birds are by far the thirstiest. Between health and mana pots, my archer sucks down way faster than mage can farm them. I had stocked up prior to the update and have gone through more than 1200 health pots (mage does use some of those too).

It seems like my bear and mage can balance pretty well (with rift and shadow set respectively). They both do use pots for boss fights, but the bird just sucks em down non-stop. I think he needs an intervention.

I agree. Most bear skills take very little mana, so you're fine there. Mages have tons of and healing, so they use less pots. But my archer? Our skills use a healthy chunk of mana, as we constantly use all of them for max DPS.

Geez, I've used thousands of regular pots to get to just 55. And at 1.5k per 100 in bulk, that's 30k per a thousand potions (mana and health, because I use both at about the same rate) I've spent over 100k on just mana/hp potions, not to mention the few hundred thousand on elixirs. Birds need 2M/s on each pink piece too. Good point.

Demonicdevyn
02-14-2011, 07:16 PM
we need dodge...
or devs can give us regen and everyone will coward in fear

King Richie
02-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Agree 100%

noobmigo
02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
then again, It's pretty fun just killing those unsuspecting mages with a one combo kill. But more dodge would make it easier..:)

Kattatonic
02-14-2011, 08:03 PM
There has to be something wrong when a fully dressed level 56 bird has ZERO mana regen.....

Demonicdevyn
02-14-2011, 08:05 PM
and 8 health regen......

the first bear lv 56 will have like 25 of each

Formora
02-15-2011, 12:17 AM
The level 55 normal dex pinks have no regen and dodge, and crafted ones give you 18 h/s but no dodge or m/s and they take away your 12 damage as well. Bears were definitely underpowered before, but now my bird is weak :(

I really hope that this is fixed, or else I wasted my time leveling my bird to 55 (60k exp to 56).

Ravenous
02-15-2011, 07:50 AM
Agreed with everything said in this thread. My bird goes through health & mana pots like water and I've had to revert back to my talon/shield simply so I do not die non-stop. :( I think the best, easiest way to fix this would be to simply make the lvl 51-55 gear with more armor, add dodge and HP/s & MP/s.

-Rav

Nightarcher
02-15-2011, 08:49 PM
The level 55 normal dex pinks have no regen and dodge, and crafted ones give you 18 h/s but no dodge or m/s and they take away your 12 damage as well. Bears were definitely underpowered before, but now my bird is weak :(

I really hope that this is fixed, or else I wasted my time leveling my bird to 55 (60k exp to 56).

Yeah, the lameness of new items hasn't motivated me enough to level to 56. But I got NOVA 2 for $0.99 on Valentines Day and I'm enjoying that ;)

Thelonearcher
02-15-2011, 09:26 PM
hmmm birds are to easy to use now. As well as bears. Props to all you hardcore mages out there.

Junside
02-15-2011, 09:32 PM
I got over this. I figured I'd put the increased damage to good use and kill before I am killed. Though I won't do so great trying to survive a boss, but that's why I have a party.

I think by the time we're 50+ the devs assume we can take care of ourselves and adapt to change. Being prepared with plenty of pots and gold.

Norbert
02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I take it all back! I played last night with my shadow sets, both talon and shotgun, and hardly used a pot. It's so nice to see those bars refilling now! My bird can finally get out of rehab!

http://www.loldawgz.com/dawgz/Betty-Ford-Clinic.jpg

Nightarcher
02-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I take it all back! I played last night with my shadow sets, both talon and shotgun, and hardly used a pot. It's so nice to see those bars refilling now! My bird can finally get out of rehab!

The regen is good, but this makes lv55 gear look even worse. I switched to a STR bird for leveling, because I'd prefer a little slower clearing over dying constantly. And I have nice h/s.

Otukura
02-17-2011, 02:45 AM
The +8/9 armor rings really help... exponentially.

Formora
02-17-2011, 02:59 AM
I gave up on my bird and started leveling my bear. Bears got pretty buffed up over the few previous updates so I enjoy playing them :D Right now he's level 55 with 8k exp (gonna get him to 56).

I hope all the level 55 gear are given set bonuses so people are more willing to buy / farm them. Right now they're not that much better than greens or purps. The str set needs to be given some m/s and dex set needs dodge and both regen.