PDA

View Full Version : Help me on my level 15 dexbear

Cmandial
02-13-2011, 07:14 PM
What skills should I level and to what level now that there is level 6?

Oh and should I put some in Str, or just pour all in Dex? I'm not sure if Str helps skills damage for bears.

Zeus
02-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Str damage helps bears but it won't help skill damage if you are going to miss so... All into dex.... then max out rage, max out stomp, and 4 into crippling slash.

KingFu
02-13-2011, 07:37 PM
I would recommend going all dex, and using a snowball launcher. I would max rage, and invest some in stomp, crushing blow, and possibly SMS. Stomp heavily because with snowball launcher you can use the ice shatter combo bringing a nice chunk of damage to your enemy.

EDIT:

I agree with parth on the stomp and rage, however, invest in super mega slash instead of crippling. Since you learned it at level 12.

Zeus
02-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I would recommend going all dex, and using a snowball launcher. I would max rage, and invest some in stomp, crushing blow, and possibly SMS. Stomp heavily because with snowball launcher you can use the ice shatter combo bringing a nice chunk of damage to your enemy.

EDIT:

I agree with parth on the stomp and rage, however, invest in super mega slash instead of crippling. Since you learned it at level 12.

I picked crippling though because it does not mess up the ice combo and it stuns heavily. Which is why crippling is more beneficial then sms

KingFu
02-13-2011, 08:10 PM
I picked crippling though because it does not mess up the ice combo and it stuns heavily. Which is why crippling is more beneficial then sms

You're getting mixed up. Crippling roots the enemy for about 5 seconds I believe, while SMS has more damage and has a chance to stun the enemy. Vengeful knocks back the enemy. Out of the three slashes, SMS has the most damage, then Vengeful, then crippling.

Zeus
02-13-2011, 08:18 PM
You're getting mixed up. Crippling roots the enemy for about 5 seconds I believe, while SMS has more damage and has a chance to stun the enemy. Vengeful knocks back the enemy. Out of the three slashes, SMS has the most damage, then Vengeful, then crippling.

SMS also has a knock back though, try it out in PvP and let me know :) Pretty sure it does. By stun I meant root :), they are basically synonyms :).

KingFu
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
SMS also has a knock back though, try it out in PvP and let me know :) Pretty sure it does. By stun I meant root :), they are basically synonyms :).

Hmm, possibly, but I still think it is the better choice, because if you freeze them then stun, they can't fight back, giving you enough time to refreeze and stomp, making the combo work well when set up right. I personally don't like Crippling due to it's low damage.

Cmandial
02-13-2011, 08:22 PM
I have hear that it is best to keep stomp at level 3, because there is no increase in range after that. Thoughts?

KingFu
02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
I have hear that it is best to keep stomp at level 3, because there is no increase in range after that. Thoughts?

My bear has stomp at level 3, I nearly forgot, excuse me. After level 3, at least on my bear, stomps damage and range does not increase. So I would suggest 3 stomp, 6 rage, and rest in a slash -Cough-SMS-Cough-

Cmandial
02-13-2011, 08:28 PM
*hands mysticaldream coughdrop* ok cool im gonna have to play around with the slashes though

Zerious
02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd listen to Myst, he's part of the Zerious Build-a-Twink Workshop. He knows what he's talking about :)

And I'll confirm that stomp's range is, in fact, maxed at rank 3. I'll also throw in that level 4 stomp is exactly the same as level 3 stomp, so by going over 3 stomp, you kind of waste one skill point. Consider this when allocating :)

lilbyrdie
03-24-2011, 10:25 AM
So, does stomp over rank 3 do anything at all? Or is it a complete waste?

Same mana
Same cooldown
Same range
Same damage

Perhaps knock-back chance and stun chance go up?

Parasyte
03-24-2011, 08:11 PM
One tip if not already said (I didnt read i just posting) max Rage 2 Stomp 2 Crushing blow or max Rage 3 Stomp 1 Crushing Blow

Protank
03-27-2011, 08:54 AM
im still new to the 15world but ive spent some time at 10 & 20 & 50 pvp. anything past 3 points in stomp just increases the distence of the knockback i thought. it also seems to combo more with the becon stomp combo. for low lvl, slashes i always liked having atleast 1 point on each. its alot more dmg then having 3 points on one slash